Too many think this game is just about gambling.

Profiting from Entropia is like running a business. It's not as simple as doing a specific job every day, and someone pays you for it, which is what most people are use to. Most people can't go out and make money on their own without the aid of established companies. Entropia is no exception. The only difference is, there's not really anyone hiring people for regular work in Entropia that they can make money from. Therefor, it takes an entrepreneurial mind to discover ways to profit on their own. So they feed us that do profit, just like in RL (the only difference is in RL there are companies that hire them, so it balances out). That's why not many people profit.
Everyone that's profiting in Entropia is either a freelancer (the real kind), business owner, investor, or "lottery winner". For most people, that stuff isn't their thing, and there is no "employee" position (or at least very few, I know mothership owners sometimes hire people).

Healers, Taxi's (motherships, starfinders, quads), event promoters, uber hunters, pvp bodyguards, cannon fodder at land grabs etc etc the list goes on. Of diffrent types of jobs other players have hired other players for.

Healers, Taxi's (motherships, starfinders, quads), event promoters, uber hunters, pvp bodyguards, cannon fodder at land grabs etc etc the list goes on. Of diffrent types of jobs other players have hired other players for.

Exactly, and that's called freelancing/running a business. Everything you listed is what I described. I was saying there's not really any companies in-game that hire long-term employees for a salary. Your list describes freelancers or business owners, not company employees.

Was reading the 1st paragraphs of the OP and thought sure, i can agreee with that. After those old screens there's more text though, and that's where it starts getting strange. I read it twice and still couldn't figure out where the serious stuff ends and joke starts. Very confusing. :scratch2:
But then i stumbled upon another post about buying the CLD's... and then got it.
Right. Money back quaranteed indeed. :p

Profiting from Entropia is like running a business. It's not as simple as doing a specific job every day, and someone pays you for it, which is what most people are use to. Most people can't go out and make money on their own without the aid of established companies. Entropia is no exception. The only difference is, there's not really anyone hiring people for regular work in Entropia that they can make money from. Therefor, it takes an entrepreneurial mind to discover ways to profit on their own. So they feed us that do profit, just like in RL (the only difference is in RL there are companies that hire them, so it balances out). That's why not many people profit.
Everyone that's profiting in Entropia is either a freelancer (the real kind), business owner, investor, or "lottery winner".
OK, now we talking. With this little gem in it this thread isn't a complete waste of time afterall.

:wtg: Profit for Everyone :yay:

Just one question:

If profit is always possible for everyone (as you claim) - were is the money coming from? :confused:

Exactly, and that's called freelancing/running a business. Everything you listed is what I described. I was saying there's not really any companies in-game that hire long-term employees for a salary. Your list describes freelancers or business owners, not company employees.

I am lost now:confused: Why would there be companies in a virtual game who hire long-term employees for a salary?? Who would even think there would be?

:wtg: Profit for Everyone :yay:

Just one question:

If profit is always possible for everyone (as you claim) - were is the money coming from? :confused:

Possibility not equal to happening

Possibility not equal to happening

Na, if that would happen atlast MA would not Profit and go bancrupt.

There are szenarios were "everyone" could "profit" in EU but thats more of philosophical nature and has nothing to do with current reality.

I am lost now:confused: Why would there be companies in a virtual game who hire long-term employees for a salary?? Who would even think there would be?

No lol there's not that's the point. But that's the only way most people know how to make a profit. Which is why most people can't profit in Entropia.

The same reason you have employees IRL: you find a way to make a decent profit or accomplish a non-profit goal but it's too much work for you to do by yourself. So you have someone help you and pay them for their service. This happens all the time in the game, though the contracts aren't formal like they are IRL and most are more like contractors. Advertisers, pilots, regular healers, resource gatherers, etc, those all could be considered employees or at least contractors which just means they have multiple "employers". I've been running Greenleaf Mining Company for 2.5 years now and have employed around 250 employees (not all at the same time ofc) ;). Our model of pay is profit sharing, not a set salary, and it works well.

There are a number of reasons why there aren't more companies in the game. One is that because it's a game and not RL, one player can do pretty much any activity in the game solo, given enough time in the day and peds. And there are a lot of free time and peds among the playerbase. As a result there's not a whole lot of force driving people to do work cooperatively. Also, I think a lot of people feel trapped in the corporate beaurocracy of the real world so they like being completely independent in game.

Last edited:
I had already listed way you can make profit by hiring out your self out Neil.

I have you on my FL so i can join your company one day, but its Jason says they are not real company's in game.

Advertisers, pilots, regular healers, resource gatherers, etc, those all could be considered employees or at least contractors which just means they have multiple "employers".

Again those are freelancers not employees :tongue3: If I was to hire someone to take me to Arkadia for example they wouldn't be my employee.

Freelance definition:
working for different companies at different times rather than being permanently employed by one company.

This still going ahead? Or are you going to delay by a day because of the 30 mins downtime tomorrow?

I would bet my left leg that this is not going ahead. And even if they do, will not post the results.

Rgds

Ace

I would bet my left leg that this is not going ahead. And even if they do, will not post the results.

Rgds

Ace

Only way anyone would believe any results posted is a full snapshot or stream.. and even some would only accept the latter.

I love all of you and I love this thread and I love everything.

I will not say anything else because 30-day temp bans feel like an eternity of sadness.

This was so insightful...I simply love it!

I made hundreds of peds, thousands, tens of thousands! all you have to do is hunt what'll give you the best markup for the least costs, for some this might only be kerberos hunts but that's just the start.

An average player haven't had repairable Assassin R150 and Ark ASI Ten Edition... Before the new generation of longer lasting weapons (L) weapons commonly were at around 150%.

And with the new generation of (L) weapons it's a slightly smaller chance to have a go on the DPS type of events as the new weapons are about 10%-15% slower in dmg/sec; and if you use (L) weapons the tiering begins at tier 0 each time you pick up a new one.

In a way I Think you did things right; but it begun with building up a decent amount of PEDs (by trading I guess), so you could afford to get good Equipment, and once you had good Equipment have a PED buffer big enough so when one of those 50% periods hit you you would survive until you got a loot (or made trades?) that would bring the PED card balance up to normal again.

It's way harder if you have to buy (L) items with markup, or if you don't have a, say, 20k, PED buffer that will allow you to both survive until next "big one" and also be able to "store" items in auction (waiting to be sold).

(As for trading: Not everyone can be trading... if everyone did, and were trying to maximize their returns through it, then the economy would halt - for instance lesser fortunate hunters would stop hunting, and consume (L) items, until their loot would be sold and crafters would have a slower turnaround on their (L) armors if all hunters would wait until they could profit until they would buy the next set of armor.)

(A few years ago I remebmer there were a few "resellers" with buffy inspired names lol.)

Last edited:
Sigh, I'll do the crafting after the servers are back up...

Rgds

Ace

What you planning to use on your leg - a meat cleaver or a saw? ;)

From a subjectively objective point of view,

Threads like this with results like can be seen on on the tracker for the OP, are just the thing that further root the conception that some avatars are just born lucky whilst others are not, 32k loot here, double 13k loots there, hofs to the left and right.

Again from a strictly subjectively objective point of view, there are lots of players that have "gambled" (as it is known to be called on here) in the same manner with different activities ingame and never reached anywhere near those kinds of loots.

It does raise the time old question yet again, doesn't it? Does persistance prevail, or are there attributes (not talking ingame skills here) that are rather more set in stone and won't change however much one changes tactics, theories and methods, ultimately resulting in the bottom line that, either you are able to get nice loots, or you are not, no switching of sides possible. Rather reminds me of a movie i saw not too long ago, where the remains of the worlds population lived aboard a train with a very well defined class system, and moving from one car to the other just couldn't be done. (Well, not within the confines of the rules that were laid out anyway, the whole movie is about breaking those rules, tho, but that is beside the point at hand.)

Aah the philosophy of it all

// Exo

I've seen a few rage quit after a weekend of playing for a hof / ath and only getting normal loot losing a $1000 in the process.

But it's the way EU has gone (to much applause by many at the times it's happened) and the increase in turnover required to play at a medium level that came along with it hasn't helped.

Now what happend? Is the lootpool finaly filled again? :cowboy:

Now what happend? Is the lootpool finaly filled again? :cowboy:

Doesn't seem so.

Got booted together with half my FL, logged back on and went 143 clicks without a success. Think that's a new personal record.

Judging by the globals, plenty of people coming out short right now. Think we are going to see a big one tonight.

Uhm. What I was trying to say was, it doesn't seem full just yet, but that it will probably flood by the end of the night. ;)

[Globals]: Whining Skeptic Aboard manufactured an item (Explosive Projectiles) worth 9638 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

gz:D

Back