How to Compare Weapons for economy and pick the best weapon for you.

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture

There are many ways of hunting in Entropia Universe, and everyone has their own opinion on the best way to play the game. Personally I think that doing the most damage per pec is what matters to get the best results. That means that you get the most damage out of each PED (or PEC rather) to try to minimize your expenses.

This tutorial will guide you through the process of comparing different weapon options you have available. I won't be telling you what guns to use, but what I will do is show you how to compare the options you have available to yourself to pick the one that is best for you.

The tool we will be using is http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompareV2.aspx please visit the link in your browser in another window. No download or registration is required, however if you sign up to the website you will be able to save your avatars skill levels so you will not need to input it every time.

bCGFkHj.png

Input the weapon name of the gun you want to compare in the area labeled above "Weapon Name Here" and select it from the drop down list. Choose an amplifier if you have one or want to compare one.

Then input your relevant HIT and DMG levels for the profession of the weapon you are comparing. This is to ensure you can get the correct information if a gun is still in a SIB (Skill increase bonus) period.

This is something I put together a while ago to help people with this tool.....

weapon_compare_explanation.jpg

Ok so the green square is where you select the weapon and amplifier you wish to look at.

In the red circles you add any MU% you are paying for weapon or amp.For example if you paid 130% for the weapon then you would put 130 in the 'Weapon Decay' field,and same for Amp if it has MU.

In the blue circles you put your profession levels for 'hit' and 'Damage'.Make sure its the right profession for that weapon,no point putting in your Ranged Laser Damage pro level if you are looking at BLP weapons etc.

In the yellow squares you add scopes/sights you have on the weapon and also any enhancers you have added to the tier slots.

Once all this is done the numbers will come out as shown once you hit 'add weapon'.

The most important numbers for you are in the red squares....Damage per Pec Spent' and 'Damage per Second'.

I could have simply told you what to use but teach a man to fish and all that ;)

Hope it helps.

Below is an example of one of my favorite gun and amp combos compared to an Opalo with amp.

rJi6Xvg.png

As you can see you can deal out more Dmg/PEC which over time will add up to more damage output for the same budget, which is more kills and more loot.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I've been having problems figuring out how to use the tool. Could you amplify this to solve some of the problems this less than two week veteran (all right, rookie!) has had with the tool?

Until I got level 1 laser sniper I had no idea what to put in the hit or damage levels, and until last night didn't know I could get the percent to next level by hovering over the progress bar. I saw the 100.00 default and :scratch2:. I also saw the (0.0 / 5.0) (for the Opalo) on those lines and wondered what the are for because they didn't match anything I could see. (I still don't know what they are -- SIB range?)

I wound up using the HA/Damage input check box to show the boxes I could use to input the information found on the gun info. The percent of profession progress is easier.

I also had problems with responsiveness. I entered hit and then damage and didn't notice that the page refreshed from the hit entry and put the damage back where it was. Kind of frustrating until I learned to wait for the refresh.

You might want to mention that the update weapon is might not update the weapon you think you are updating.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for posting this. As a less than two week veteran (All right, Rookie!) this tool was hard to use. Could you add some more detail I had to find out the hard way?

I didn't understand Hit Level and Damage Level. The 100.00 didn't make any sense to me and the (0.0/5.0) (Opalo) next to the entry boxes was not something I could find on my avatar or the gun info. I didn't understand until I got to Laser Sniper 1 and saw someone in Rookie talk about hovering the mouse over the profession progress bar to find out how far into the new level I was.

I found that checking the HA/Damage box allowed me to copy the values from the gun information page. The profession is much simpler when doing several weapons at once.

Can you also mention how slow the page is? It refreshes after each box is filled in. This frustrated me because I would enter one number, go to the next box and enter another. The screen would then refresh and the second number went back to the prior value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to use this tool to determine if it is eco to buy a weapon from the AH with mark up?

I (Laser Sniper 2 and Ranged Damage 2) was trying to compare a Z12 Barbarella with a Solomate Azuro (L) and found that the Azuro gave 2.856 DPP while the Barbarella gave 2.416 DPP. But to get the Azuro I would have to buy it from the AH for 2PED (Full TT of .7 PED) which would be another 1.3 PED cost to allocate.

What I did was change the Weapon Decay box to 285% to match the mark up and got 2.593 DPP and decided to buy the Azuro. Was this the right way to compare these weapons?

I think what I did was probably only necessary for (L) weapons. The UL ones would be repaired over a longer period.

PS: sorry about the earlier double post. I didn't see the "needs moderation" screen the first time and thought I forgot to hit submit.

nice logo. horrible writeup.

And the most important! For limited items insert where it says "weapon decay" the markup you payed for the weapon. Otherwise the damage/pec will be wrong.

It's a great tool and used properly can give us hunters a nice advantage.

Is it possible to use this tool to determine if it is eco to buy a weapon from the AH with mark up?

I (Laser Sniper 2 and Ranged Damage 2) was trying to compare a Z12 Barbarella with a Solomate Azuro (L) and found that the Azuro gave 2.856 DPP while the Barbarella gave 2.416 DPP. But to get the Azuro I would have to buy it from the AH for 2PED (Full TT of .7 PED) which would be another 1.3 PED cost to allocate.

What I did was change the Weapon Decay box to 285% to match the mark up and got 2.593 DPP and decided to buy the Azuro. Was this the right way to compare these weapons?

I think what I did was probably only necessary for (L) weapons. The UL ones would be repaired over a longer period.

PS: sorry about the earlier double post. I didn't see the "needs moderation" screen the first time and thought I forgot to hit submit.

Yes you can add in the % markup, it starts at 100% but is changeable.

Ok so the green square is where you select the weapon and amplifier you wish to look at.

In the red circles you add any MU% you are paying for weapon or amp.For example if you paid 130% for the weapon then you would put 130 in the 'Weapon Decay' field,and same for Amp if it has MU.

In the blue circles you put your profession levels for 'hit' and 'Damage'.Make sure its the right profession for that weapon,no point putting in your Ranged Laser Damage pro level if you are looking at BLP weapons etc.

In the yellow squares you add scopes/sights you have on the weapon and also any enhancers you have added to the tier slots.

Once all this is done the numbers will come out as shown once you hit 'add weapon'.

The most important numbers for you are in the red squares....Damage per Pec Spent' and 'Damage per Second'.

I could have simply told you what to use but teach a man to fish and all that ;)

Hope it helps.

Whats best OPALO or OZPYN S1X1?

According to numbers OZPYN seems better, but is it really?

Whats best OPALO or OZPYN S1X1?

There are three weapons in the list for OZPYN S1X1. The RLB and the RSB use lots more ammo and do much more damage, so I don't believe you want to compare them to the OPALO.

Comparing the Opzyn LR S1X1 to the Solomate Opalo (both unlimited), it depends.

• If you have maxed both weapons then using the S1X1 against large mobs is more efficient.
  • If you are hunting punys with maxed weapons then you will have more overkill with the S1X1. (Slightly less economical.)
  • If you are level 3 like me, then the Opalo is twice as economical as the S1X1.

I never noticed those fields in that tool ( AMP MU / WEAPON MU % ). Extremely helpful picture, thanks man

Hope it helps.

added your post to OP

Who wrote this unintelligible nonsense.

Back