Crash FOMA on Hadesheim!

Crash FOMA on Hadesheim?

• Yeah! Crash it! It def. need a rework!

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Na, let me mine - i love the emptiness

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Whats a FOMA?

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
FOMA s***s! Kind of pointless to fly there. I have a shop there since years but since 90% off all shops are non-operational who goes shopping there? CND had its times but FOMA never had.

I see only one solution: Let FOMA Crash on Hadesheim thus creating a destroid (redesigned!) FOMA on Calpyso.

There are so many talented people in EU, MA could make a contest for FOMA redesign and relocate it or add a TP.
And a nice story beside migration would do no harm!

PS: Don´t stare! Vote or comment you lazy grumpy .... ;)

Last edited:
This is very bad solution. It means that MA must working hard, and we recieve additional bugs and another problems. We just need a TP between Caly and FOMA. That is all.
Shops on FOMA are unusable, as more others on Caly.

Seriously, 2 votes already for "Good as it is" aka "Let me mine..."?

Its not about deleting FOMA, just let it get hit by a big ass astroid - how many minutes does it take you run the full shop circle? 10??:eyecrazy:

;)

I would rather we push for a general discovery option for shop contents. I find it utterly incomprehensible why this doesn't exist from the start and people are forced to seek out-of-game resources to make themselves known. It would be so easy with nearly same interface as auctioneer, just give a waypoint instead of the bidding screen. I am currently preparing an article about it.

This is very bad solution. It means that MA must working hard, and we recieve additional bugs and another problems. We just need a TP between Caly and FOMA. That is all.
Shops on FOMA are unusable, as more others on Caly.

LOL, yeah... thats a good point. Too much work for MA :silly2:

If i remeber right, there is a free? Dev tool for Cryengine and 3D software is availabe such as Blender (great software!)

There are so many talented people in EU, MA could make a contest for FOMA redesign and relocate it or add a TP.

FOMA as its now is total crap!

I would rather we push for a general discovery option for shop contents. I find it utterly incomprehensible why this doesn't exist from the start and people are forced to seek out-of-game resources to make themselves known. It would be so easy with nearly same interface as auctioneer, just give a waypoint instead of the bidding screen. I am currently preparing an article about it.

Its not possible to agree more than 100% - so thats what i do!!!!

I think they should definitly rework it but not crash it....

but good suggestion haha :p

Foma is one minute from calypso space station so i dont understand the problem myself :scratch2:

Foma is one minute from calypso space station so i dont understand the problem myself :scratch2:

Well tell me.. why is it so abandoned? It might be one minute if you know what you are doing - for noobs, occasional players and some kind of grinders its very far away. Beside that, the layout of the space station is way to vast - it takes forever if you run around and you can get lost easly.

"Crashing it on Hadesheim" might sound a "little" exaggerated but FOMA needs a ground up rebuild!

PS: Its been a long long time since noobs asked me how to get to "CND"... that alone says much...

That would be sick, awesome.

I say yes.

However ti would reduce space travel which would be a big negative.

I would like the robots to invade a town like twins.

If we do not defend it, it becomes robot owned and has like level 10 warlocks guarding it.

I would like the robots to invade a town like twins.

If we do not defend it, it becomes robot owned and has like level 10 warlocks guarding it.
Or a bunch of mega hp shared loot mobs guarding it, requiring lots of people to take it down.

Well tell me.. why is it so abandoned?..

Moria, Hell and ark underground more choices for miners to mine. Certain players have been put of mining due to low MU. The owner is not in game much promoting it and for any changes to happen I would presume would have to go buy him too.

Well tell me.. why is it so abandoned? It might be one minute if you know what you are doing - for noobs, occasional players and some kind of grinders its very far away. Beside that, the layout of the space station is way to vast - it takes forever if you run around and you can get lost easly.

"Crashing it on Hadesheim" might sound a "little" exaggerated but FOMA needs a ground up rebuild!

PS: Its been a long long time since noobs asked me how to get to "CND"... that alone says much...

It's empty cause it's not properly advertised like CND used to be. What you should be concerned is, if you're a shop owner, is in arguing with the FOMA owner to start advertising his business better, because yours is flunking... Not ask the developers to do it for you...

But that's my two cents, Ill fly away now!

FOMA had their time when mining with low amps there was fun and exciting! Now it's no fun, not even with level 5 amps.

Ohhh and who is mining nowadays when 80% of the mining resources are 101% or close to it???

Step one: Step back to pre-modified loot (as it used to be before January 2013), at least in mining.

Step two: Remove nanocubes from TT and place them in loot. Or just make it possible to converte Shrapnel into Nanocubes.

Done!

While they are at crash all planets into calypso aswell, so we can get rid of Space alltogether.

Cheers

Here is an idea, purchase all the domes, gain 100% control of the astroid, talk to MA about Graphic changes. Just spouting they should change something proves no willingness on your part you would put your pocket book up front to have it changed why would MA.

Here is an idea, purchase all the domes, gain 100% control of the astroid, talk to MA about Graphic changes. Just spouting they should change something proves no willingness on your part you would put your pocket book up front to have it changed why would MA.

:scratch2::confused:
Hu? Sorry but:

1. The overall impression of this "game" is / should be of concern for MA
2. MA earns even from player owned LAs
3. I put time and brain into this game and made quite a sum of suggestions to MA. Even if often not totaly unique a lot of them are now in EU. (never got a reponse from MA though).
But if you think I (we all) should pay MA - more than we do already - to keep EU enjoyable... :eyecrazy:

On the other hand, maybe WE should buy FOMA as playerbase - like CLDs?!

:scratch2::confused:
Hu? Sorry but:

1. The overall impression of this "game" is / should be of concern for MA
2. MA earns even from player owned LAs
3. I put time and brain into this game and made quite a sum of suggestions to MA. Even if often not totaly unique a lot of them are now in EU. (never got a reponse from MA though).
But if you think I (we all) should pay MA - more than we do already - to keep EU enjoyable... :eyecrazy:

On the other hand, maybe WE should buy FOMA as playerbase - like CLDs?!

Basically what I stated is MA spent time and money to already design the asteroid. It was popular once because someone that owned it popularized it. It is not MA's fault it is not popular, the talent that made it so left. MA is not going to totally redesign and recreate it again for a short lived spurt of revenue that probably would not cover the cost of revamping it.

How ever if you put a crap ton of cash into it they would be happy to. They already invested in what it is, they only see revenue if you pay them to change it. It is bad business sense to change something you know will just be doomed after a short while anyways.

Arkadia requires constant PP involvment at the personal level same with RT to stay running, if they never held events and got involved no-one would be at those places either. It would not be MA's fault. MA has their hands full with things each year they do, Migration, Bot wars, Halloween Mayhem, Merry Mayhem, and introducing new little tweaks here and there. And we all see how smoothly they run year to year.

Foma is nothing more then a set of LA's with shops and apartments, same with Monria, and Crystal Palace. Only investments into them can direct MA to make changes, MA will not just spend time and revenue on them otherwise, they already did so once, unless they get paid again to make more changes I am guessing they have no interest in changing what is in place.

I am not sure if you ever tried to make a simple game within a simple game engine or not but it is not point and clicky here clicky there wow I have a game I can sell and make money on. I suggest you start small download Blender use the simple easy to learn engine there first, it will take you awhile to get something built I am sure. After that move onto Unity or Cryengine and whole new dynamic of complexity and you will see that it will take you 10 fold times longer to get what you want done. Then once you get something built go in and just change something without breaking anything, I bet you will run into bug central. It all takes tons of time for the simplest thought to come to reality and time is money and money must come from somewhere first or else you can't pay the engineer to make the models, fix the bugs etc. Investments are required before action is taken unless you know for fact you can take out huge loan and reap profits to pay it back.

And well changing FOMA, I do not see that happening, they can change it all they want it will not itself cover the cost, it requires a massive partner initiative to run advertising run events and basically treat it as his sole job for survival.

..wrote a lot..

Yeah, i hear those people from VW talking about the Beetle - as long as it sells, why change - they already did their investment. (and VW nearly went belly downside flowting..)

MA evolves and redesigns all the time - thats why we have cryengine now, and space, and Arkadia .... And they have to!

Now to your more personal "tips"....
I made my frist game on an Atari 512 when i was still in elemetary school. (At home, schools had no clue about anything about computers that time in germay)
1996 i made a Virtual World Game in VRML (3D for Webbrowsers)
I made the "Fishtank with Rippersnapper" and "Fireplace" with Blender. Both "items" where availabe in EU. (Particle & Fluid simulations)
I have more than 20 years experience with CAD/CAM design and software engineering on a pro level...

-> It should take MA less than 2 people for 2 weeks to make an awsome redesing for FOMA - and most of it will be copy & paste (as usual with MA ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, i hear those people from VW talking about the Beetle - as long as it sells, why change - they already did their investment. (and VW nearly went belly downside flowting..)

MA evolves and redesigns all the time - thats why we have cryengine now, and space, and Arkadia .... And they have to!

Now to your more personal "tips"....
I made my frist game on an Atari 512 when i was still in elemetary school. (At home, schools had no clue about anything about computers that time in germay)
1996 i made a Virtual World Game in VRML (3D for Webbrowsers)
I made the "Fishtank with Rippersnapper" and "Fireplace" with Blender. Both "items" where availabe in EU. (Particle & Fluid simulations)
I have more than 20 years experience with CAD/CAM design and software engineering on a pro level...

-> It should take MA less than 2 people for 2 weeks to make an awsome redesing for FOMA - and most of it will be copy & paste (as usual with MA ;)

Thats cool, gratz on your achievements.

But sorry to say MA can't even make a damn timer to track your time in Merry Mayhem or fix textures on cloths without years of work, or years or wasted time before they do anything anyways. Sorry but it would take them many years to revamp RT. They mentioned CLD would have voting system first year they were available 3+ years later still waiting, 3+ years later finally some plots were laid out.

You see where this is going.

Hell I can't even exit my apartment after entering it I have to press T to get back out. I expecting that to even take 6+ months if not year to fix.

And well changing FOMA, I do not see that happening, they can change it all they want it will not itself cover the cost, it requires a massive partner initiative to run advertising run events and basically treat it as his sole job for survival.

As with nextisland, I don't like doing things in a Place where the owner hides away or if the ownership is generally fishy. When I do things on land areas I prefer visitign places where the land owner is actively doing positive things, such as leading events and doing other positive things.

It was a sad thing with the hospital some years ago... but there must be news by now. After all if you are so bad you can't login, the deed(s) woudl be likely to be "auto-TT:d".

I Think it would be nice if the unique mobs up there would be availible; maybe in events like migration and/or as special spawns for World of Firepower. Before implementation of space there used to be a round in space, probably because it was partially "sponsored" by previous owner (ND). Well imagine if it would be possible to have a mob like daspletor in semifinal again. For it to work, it would either require an Active owner who is willing to keep spawn up for an event like that, or an Active planet partner (who can set up a planetside spawn).

It's empty cause it's not properly advertised like CND used to be. What you should be concerned is, if you're a shop owner, is in arguing with the FOMA owner to start advertising his business better, because yours is flunking... Not ask the developers to do it for you...

But that's my two cents, Ill fly away now!

Indeed this is the main problem. When ND was on CND he organized hunts and all kind of stuff that attrackted hunters and miners. Now the owners just log to collect a bit and thats all they do, nothing more. That's not how you run it.

About all the empty shops on foma it's the same on caly .... so many shopowners dont care or already left entropia years ago, and so many want to buy a shop at a decent price.

MA should start selling shops in auction that are like 5+ years inactive

Those hardy souls that do still mine on FOMA may be interested to know that there is still at least one shop that is well stocked and maintained.

Check out Miner's Den, Main complex A, Shop #3
A wide range of Mining, Amps, Finders, excavators, enhancers and more

A lot more convenient than having to run back to Calypso for everything.
Feedback on availability of additional items or any queries on MU should be directed to the owner via the message centre and he usually gets back to you the same day :)

It was a sad thing with the hospital some years ago... but there must be news by now. After all if you are so bad you can't login, the deed(s) woudl be likely to be "auto-TT:d".
I was reading the thread and wondered if there'd been any news on the wellbeing or otherwise of the owner of FOMA. I guess not.

It is really sad that the asteroid is now seemingly a wasteland. In days of old it was very popular, driven by (love him or hate him) NEVERDIE's enthusiasm to promote it, and Klod's idea of the Champions League, where anyone could rock up on a Sunday evening (or afternoon or morning west of the Atlantic), rub shoulders with the ubers and have an end-of-weekend blow out on an assortment of mobs.

It seems those days are permanently gone for the asteroid now.

Last edited:
About all the empty shops on foma it's the same on caly .... so many shopowners dont care or already left entropia years ago, and so many want to buy a shop at a decent price.

MA should start selling shops in auction that are like 5+ years inactive

nah, they should just wipe out the shops all together and give all current shop deed owners extra slots in auction to match number of shop slots... and perhaps some discount on auction fee if no buyers in those auctions... at least until they completely redo it and put in a real shop directory that MA has had on the bottom of a 'to do list' for about a decade now.

I would consider this a potentially viable option, provided Hadesheim included Junkyard Bar in the Northwest sector...

start selling shops in auction that are like 5+ years inactive

^ THIS!

As for all the people critiquing the new FOMA owners for being "lazy" or whatever, I would honestly do the same thing in their shoes.

FOMA already gets a ton of business (thanks to none other than us, the playerbase) despite having 0 events. Simply because it is an easy-access form of gambling located right next to Calypso.

Does MA need to do any events to get people crafting EP IV? :laugh:

Events would be nice. But events were never the reason I went to CND. I went for the experience. Blasting off to a rock concert in Space! ND should have kept it going. I still have high hopes for Rocktropia!

I read with interest most of your ideas. But we are talking for a private property here. If the owner can't be online, MA can't and shouldn't do anything (btw I hope he will be well and healthy). Shop owners are in a "boat" with no captain on the bridge right now. You like it or not that's the situation.
If someone else have the funds and resources needed for Asteroid to become awesome again the solution is simple, contact Calum and other dome owners with a descent price. That's my humble and maybe simple-silly opinion.

edit: I'm not voting for someone else property

I would have never thought in my whole life to regret ND for *anything*, but yes, in what regards events and bringing CND to life, he was very good. (No, I will never set foot again on Rocktropia, once was too much even).

FOMA s***s! Kind of pointless to fly there. I have a shop there since years but since 90% off all shops are non-operational who goes shopping there? CND had its times but FOMA never had.

I see only one solution: Let FOMA Crash on Hadesheim thus creating a destroid (redesigned!) FOMA on Calpyso.

PS: Don´t stare! Vote or comment you lazy grumpy .... ;)

In regards to shops things havent changed much.
I owned a shop on CND (Foma) years and years ago. My worst investment ever. Back then, it was the same crap as it is now. Indeed, there might have been more people there, but shopping still was useless.
Shops were a nice idea, but imo shops were doomed to fail from the start.
Why search endlessly in the hundreds of shops when you have an easy listed auction?
Only a few shops managed to make some turnover. But most are more like decorated abandoned rooms.

The only way to make shops viable would be to end the auction so people are forced to shop. But I guess most players don't want to go shopping. They just want to buy and sell quickly.

Remove the auction from the game and you will see all the shops in use. People visiting shop owners to sell their loot and people visiting shops to buy their stuff. You will get bustling market placed instead of the endless hours staring at the auctioneer.

Back