Crash FOMA on Hadesheim!

Crash FOMA on Hadesheim?

• Yeah! Crash it! It def. need a rework!

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Na, let me mine - i love the emptiness

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Whats a FOMA?

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shops were a nice idea, but imo shops were doomed to fail from the start.
Why search endlessly in the hundreds of shops when you have an easy listed auction?
Only a few shops managed to make some turnover. But most are more like decorated abandoned rooms.

The only way to make shops viable would be to end the auction so people are forced to shop. But I guess most players don't want to go shopping. They just want to buy and sell quickly.

Remove the auction from the game and you will see all the shops in use.

I don't think so. What you will see is a wave of anger instead. The auction house gives those who cannot afford a shop a way to sell at all. Want to take it away and force everybody back to the stone age just to drive traffic to your shop? It's not going to be liked. But what I find inexplicable indeed is that there hasn't been a discovery option for shop items from the start. It would be so easy.

It could even be integrated with the auction interface so that you have a way of easy search and direct price comparison. Only instead of the bidding interface, you would get a waypoint. Right now you can check auction prices of items in a shop, but not the other way around which is unfair.

In regards to shops things havent changed much.
I owned a shop on CND (Foma) years and years ago. My worst investment ever. Back then, it was the same crap as it is now. Indeed, there might have been more people there, but shopping still was useless.
Shops were a nice idea, but imo shops were doomed to fail from the start.
Why search endlessly in the hundreds of shops when you have an easy listed auction?
Only a few shops managed to make some turnover. But most are more like decorated abandoned rooms.

The only way to make shops viable would be to end the auction so people are forced to shop. But I guess most players don't want to go shopping. They just want to buy and sell quickly.

Remove the auction from the game and you will see all the shops in use. People visiting shop owners to sell their loot and people visiting shops to buy their stuff. You will get bustling market placed instead of the endless hours staring at the auctioneer.

Well it from my understanding some shops are bugged on on Caly and MA are not going out of their way to fix the bugs, that really bad if players invest in something and it doesn't work, But that MA for you. A whole list of player of stuff they invested in past that won't live up their potential. Like other has said in past though if there was some sort of directory that shops owners can list their goods on would certainly boot their sales and with even more shops supposed to be in the pipe line for land plot owners as well. I can understand Caly having problems as the planet is vast and shops/malls are so scattered players don't want to waste time running around, but smaller planets (this especially applies to RT) shops are very important to the economy and the community.

I don't think so. What you will see is a wave of anger instead. The auction house gives those who cannot afford a shop a way to sell at all. Want to take it away and force everybody back to the stone age just to drive traffic to your shop? It's not going to be liked. But what I find inexplicable indeed is that there hasn't been a discovery option for shop items from the start. It would be so easy.

It could even be integrated with the auction interface so that you have a way of easy search and direct price comparison. Only instead of the bidding interface, you would get a waypoint. Right now you can check auction prices of items in a shop, but not the other way around which is unfair.

Yes, that's what I said. People just want it quick and easy.
And shops are not quick and easy.
So, doomed to fail.

personally I would like the "stone age" more if it adds more depth to the game.
Don't get me wrong, the auction has long been my best friend in making peds in this game, but i wouldn't mind taking a step back if it makes the game more interesting.
removing the auction would force shops to be used. It would turn malls into busy places where buyers and sellers meet.
I don't worry about not being able to sell my loot because if the auction is gone, many street vendors and shop vendors will take it over. It would create more jobs and more interaction.
It would force people to actually make contact with each other (instead of standing endlessly in front of the brown suited man).

But lucky for most of you who don't agree, I don't have a say in this all ;)

Well it from my understanding some shops are bugged on on Caly and MA are not going out of their way to fix the bugs, that really bad if players invest in something and it doesn't work, But that MA for you. A whole list of player of stuff they invested in past that won't live up their potential. Like other has said in past though if there was some sort of directory that shops owners can list their goods on would certainly boot their sales and with even more shops supposed to be in the pipe line for land plot owners as well. I can understand Caly having problems as the planet is vast and shops/malls are so scattered players don't want to waste time running around, but smaller planets (this especially applies to RT) shops are very important to the economy and the community.

Unfortunately it's all about pressure on MA; a single shop stall owner has very little power. A Mall owner has greater power; FOMA owner (John) has more power still - but with him being missing, that pressure isn't applied.

1. .. Wow, its been some time ago that i made this poll.. nice it go some discussion now :)

It's not abandoned because of its location, but because of the current mining loot system.

Na, its the same reason has it has been like this for years. Auction is just "direct". You search, find, buy and get your delivery right away. Totday i tried to find something in shops which i could not find on the auction... what a hassle...

To fix shops: "Calyzone"

• Shop register
  • Item register
  • Terminal to search in all Shops
  • Delivery system (with small fee, such as inter-planet) -> Noob Missions "Deliver Package"

To fix "FOMA".. crash it, turn it into something new.... please...

As a landowner with nice mining resources.. I am strangely enough all for.. Miners who can simply stay on calypso might also drop a probe (or two!) on my land..
So yeah, crash the damn thing.. but next to Hadesheim is also a possibility.. so the Warlock hunters can keep hunting

I personally mine at FOMA alot.

Shops:

I use Miner's Den #3 and it has everything I need, people are lazy and don't want to explore stores but you can save 17 ped or 12 ped per big amp, 4 or 6 ped per small amp.

I cycle around 750 ped of tt I can save 40 ped in MU total in 4-6 amps per day so it's really dead? Anything you save per run it's amazing.

Buyers:

Good buyers to bad buyers, the best is to have friends that craft and a good 15 Traders so you can have friends online at different playing time.

LA:

Taxes are the same as I remember

MU of ores:

Igni, Gazz, Xere are not so hard to get with deeper finders(FS, TK120) stop using that lame 0.9 F105

Items:

I love Hermetic Rings and Ares. Also preamped finders are nice but dangerous. I use depth enhancers and speed extractors.

If you think it's dead go ahead I still find shops and the ores/enmatters are always in the same place

Although.. a portal to it would be cool from the surface.. don't know how complex it is in code..

Back