Question: What do you think about a redesign of the mining profession

BlackHawk

Elite
Society
ROUA
Black Hawk Hawk
I am back in game after some time. I notice that since I stopped playing until now, very few changes are in the mining profession, as opposed to other professions.

In all other professions, skills plays a much bigger role in your success. In mining, however, skills are not as important. Knowing what to do, is. However, gaining more skill, above a certain point, gives very little benefit, and this is sad.

A way to make things more interesting, is to change the depth on all ores. Move it from 0 to 10k, instead to a bit above 1k, so that is a lot more wiggle room for skill and knowledge to play a role in the profession.

Have finders with avg depth level of 100xpro level required, and have a specific finder use a narrow average. Not as it is today. Have finders see depths in nominal depth + or minus maximum 10% of nominal depth. That way, enhancers would also be more interesting.

Reorder all resources in such a way, that those used in low level BP's are easy to find, but the high level ones are really deep. AKA, require level 80-90 to find without enhancers. Make it worth to have level 100 or more.

Another interesting feature would be to give miners the ability to customize the depth of their tool based on their skill level. At each 10 levels, to have the ability to change the depth of your tool in a range of 10% for each level. So if you use an item with avg depth 500 and you are level 50, you can set the avg depth anywhere between 250 and 750. If you are level 10, you could only set it at any number from 450 to 550, and so on.

Last edited:
I agree they should redo the mining system i like your idea but thats gonna be hard for all miners now that always chipped out there skillss etc there gonna be stuck low leveling again :p

I love mining cant do it much because of bankroll im upto f103 now and mining is basicly like an explosives IV bp but w/o as much skill needed to drop dem probes.

sice i reached lvl 5 miner i can basicly do 1000 ped runs+ (but dont have the ped haha) and jut play like that, not much more skill needed, maybe for amps but thats all

The good thing is that such a system would use exactly the same API, and would just scale things a bit. It would not be a drastic change. However, the impact would be interesting. It would also change some of the markups, because miners would have the ability to be more selective in their enterprises, and would only go for what the market actually needs, when they know what they are doing. The gamblers would always go for whatever they can find anyway.

Actually doing that rare ores only for lvl100+ (or lets say 80+ or smth with enhancers) is prob a bit too much.
But the idea about doing it more eco with higher lvl is the way to go. Not only by enhancers. Its like in hunting. You can do same mobs with better eco if you have higher lvl. But the higher mobs won't give you (that much) higher MU. Its just the PEDs per kill that increase mainly. So actually those Mining Amps should be redesigned to match higher levels. But if you have the lvl and can use the amp it should be more worth using it. Like in hunting.

So if you go for medium lvl ore with low lvl it should be possible, but less eco. So my idea:
Depending on the ores lvl the size of the finds increase. And for each drop you have that decay on finder + probes and separated the Amp decay. If you go for a medium ore with medium lvl finder/amp and you find smth. you get it all up with that claim. If you do with a smaller finder/amp you just get half of whats been there. You payed half on amp but same on finder. BUT, if you do with to big amp you payed like double, but can't get more then this 1x size of find.

Of course those finders/amps should have a small range of perfect size to not make it to hard to use the perfect finder. Different finders, different eco. resource type = mob hp.
Maybe combine this with finders you can set the deep depending on what you want to find in which area.

Like this skills will improve your eco on rare ores but won't make it to hard for noobs. And depending on market it might become eco to mine for "to big" stuff for your lvl.

There should be a few resources in game that are really hard to get without enhancers. Like in hunting there are mobs such as Warlock gen 10. I am not saying that all should be that way. Just 1 or 2 for each planet, maybe. But it should be there.

What you say, about changing the economy in mining, I do not see happening, because it would be a drastic redesign. That would require lots of changes and is hard to test. The way returns are calculated should stay just as it is now. That way, the change would be minimal, but the effects would be far reaching.

more depth and more probes with higher levels is enough change for me, we just need more and very different of those "new finders"...and yes perhaps some more rare and very deep ores

I am not saying anything about the number of probes. Just about depth and skill level. THere may even be finders at lower skill level, as they are today, with a lot of depth.
The number of probes used is another aspect. They can add different consumption level at all depth levels, so that people can choose how much they want to consume at any level. It would bring an opportunity for higher diversity, because a lot more types of finders would be crafted. Also, new type of amps that can consume probes can be crafted.

Amps that use probes would be a great addition, because they would hold higher markup, that would be diluted for the miner in the probes used for each drop, so it would benefit the crafter, because the crafted items can have higher markup. Also, the miners could gain from this if some rare ores with markup are used in such amps, so it could be a win/win for all people.

Mining always was underrated, also they killed prices with cheap metal residue.

There should be a few resources in game that are really hard to get

Ruga ?
Dunkel ?

We already have some really rar ones that are hard to get
:)

You forgot Tridenite :)

There is nothing wrong with the mining profession, mining works just fine as it is. The problem that needs to be addressed is the price / profit margin of what mining produces. A very complex and involved procedure I think!

Last edited:
i completly i agree with you! i reached level 72 prosp i started chiping out coz after level 60 doesn't makes any sense to have more skills! i didn't have any motivation to keep going, and the diference between a level 47 and a lvl60 is almost none. mining should have a completly new re-design so that players like me keep going and can say that have better results. also if the ATH's are random and mostly to noob miners MA should give something to the old players!

regards

Back