Value of items, does MA care?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Recently the strong boxes appeared dropping all kind of cool rings. The UL rings held significant skill boosts and were quickly valued based on current skill costs. As MA do they released a few of each, which allowed players to confirm that these were valuable items. But then they fucked up and released more and more and more and killed the price. I bought mine on the assumption MA were not that stupid to drop more than a handful of certain rings.
So I lost 10000Ped in the space of a week due to devaluation.
I have lost more than 50000Ped in the last 5 years due to balancing decisions. I accept that you pay premium for new items by 10-20%, but for the item to lose 10000Ped in value gives me anal pain like I have been abused!

So balancing team. Give me good reason to buy another item in this game?

Not impressed.

Recently the strong boxes appeared dropping all kind of cool rings. The UL rings held significant skill boosts and were quickly valued based on current skill costs. As MA do they released a few of each, which allowed players to confirm that these were valuable items. But then they fucked up and released more and more and more and killed the price. I bought mine on the assumption MA were not that stupid to drop more than a handful of certain rings.
So I lost 10000Ped in the space of a week due to devaluation.
I have lost more than 50000Ped in the last 5 years due to balancing decisions. I accept that you pay premium for new items by 10-20%, but for the item to lose 10000Ped in value gives me anal pain like I have been abused!

So balancing team. Give me good reason to buy another item in this game?

Not impressed.

Imagine if this was 2004 and Adjusted Fap, Improved Fap and Modified Fap were the prizes and not the rings.

There would be a set amount of each, so lets say 80 , 50 , 20.

In the first few months a lot would drop, but after a certain amount of time, they would be incredibly hard to obtain, and in future years very valuable.

I've owned one Improved item in my time, the only Imp LR32, I had a great time with it and still miss it. With any new system such as the boxes, a set amount will drop, then they will drop no more.

And well we all know how rare a unique item is, clue is in the name.

I see that the MU of items is generally going down due to poor decisions in balancing. Good example to kill MU is also meele amps. I think there might be more meele amps than players :laugh: Price of for example Mod LR53, or Kalous 7, etc. you can see that even good prices dont get sold. People are not confident in UL items at the moment. We will see what happens...

I sure dont understand MA, but this game will go to shit some day for sure...

Unfortunately its a catch 22.

So they stop dropping rings and people buying the boxes complain there is nothing good in them.

For other unlimited items to increase in value all the new (L) stuff needs to slow down in drop rate(only as a partial option) and hunters complain of nothing good in loot.

The GFC -and other things- smashed prices in EU and it would take a pretty drastic traffic increases to get these to recover/increase and crapping on hunting item loots(and in turn shutting a lot of players out that don't have Unl. gear) to get them to stay at current price.

I lost almost 100k to one decision alone so I hear what your saying its just the remedy may be more painful than the ailment.

To True Juan:
There was no reason for melee amps to be as expensive as they were when compared to other weapon amps,In a way it was screwing over the very people it was supposed to be finally including.Some would argue they went to far with how many they added this year(the owners) and some would love the current drop rate (the buyers).
Who do you please?

Last edited:
you should only loot brand new items, not buy them! :wise:

also, they clearly said this whole ring system is still under construction and a work in progress, with changes on the way! I think you may have acted too hastily if you're not satisfied with the price you paid! :ahh:

there's not many UL items that have a steadily increasing value! You just got to expect to pay what they go for at the time you buy them, and plan on the price to be always going down from there as more drop and alternatives come out!... although, these rings are kind of a different scenario, since the whole (L)/UL ring system is still not set in stone yet! A competitive undercutting price drop before the upcoming mystery changes isn't really a surprise!

I bought Adj Hermetic, but I won't spend K's of peds on Athenic/Ares until I see how the system changes pan out! :yup:

Why I will never fall for the markup trap and will always assume nothing holds any value in this game :( which is sad as I started the game on a different assumption so now I just play the game without the hope to get something worth holding onto as a cash out item.

I even mostly run L gear to stay away form the UL markup trap and dealing with the reselling circle of doom.

Prices are low in the summer, player activity is lower.

If you buy something to sell for higher later then you are speculating / investing. If you take a more medium term view of buying something to improve your gameplay (eg a ring that will give you +10 health) then you'll buy it because you know the advantage it'll bring.

There will be a set amount of these things, when they stop dropping, they stop dropping, just like every other item.

Buying and selling virtual items that you don't even own the rights to, even after you bought it, should ALWAYS be considered as a potential loss of money.

Assume?

@$$ u me...

oops.jpg

Last edited:
Don't blame MA for your own mistakes, everybody knew more and more rings would drop and rings will end up in at 25% of their original price.

For players to feel a sence of accomplishment and progress MA has to release new and better items all the time, that is why markup keeps dropping and new markup items appear. You have been around long enough to know how this works.

I think until VU10 they used to care. Afterwards and especially nowadays it all seems about getting the money and giving things without real TT value in return even. Look at the Uni ammo etc from boxes that cannot be TT'd for peds. Chips you can buy directly from MA with high TT ingredients, getting back something with only MU instead. If that MU remains or not they do not seem to care. As long as people keep paying/depositing for all the stuff they drop in abundance oversaturating the market.

Have lost over 30k ped in the last months due to MA messing around with items and over the years over 65k ped due to them changing things and never compensating for anything they screw you over royally with at all...

No they don't care anymore. Nowadays putting money into MU is a very risky business.

No I don't think they care about MU, that's the players problem to decide how much more of the original value of a item is worth. I am surprised that you made made such a silly gamble on a new item. As someone has already said you been around long enough to know that the value could easily drop with in days, weeks, or months.

When I see this thread, I immediately thought about this statement by support though...

2015-06-16 07:47 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi igi,

Thank you for contacting us. It is regrettable to hear that you are currently so displeased with your Entropia Universe experience.

The TT value does not matter since the PED lies in the MU.

We can assure you that it is not our intention to scam you, but merely give you a long lasting, interesting mission. that you will be rewarded for in the end.

Since you have been a player for 7 years you should know that is it important to read everything and maybe do a calculation.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

One can only laugh (at the ridiculous statement). :laugh::lolup:

Conflict much? :duh:

The value of items are going to come down as improved items are added regularly E.g. Nemesis considered a Mid-level armor at one time is now a Entry-Mid Level armor with L versions of various items dropping and I think this is a great move as more players enjoy high level mobs. Same with Estates prices going to come down regularly.

Based on assumption?

not a good choice from an experienced player like you:wise:

Adaptability and patience needed but I think you know that...now!

A was stupid enough to buy a item at a high price, B was equally stupid and kept that price, C came to conclusion A and B were morons.

You should always research you're items, if you had of asked around you would of smelt something funny ask you're self why a lot of re sellers was dumping those rings and its not so you can pick up a bargain.

I'm surprised at the fact that anyone feels the need to ask that question? One time prices were crazy and un affordable to some but now they have come down so much that nearly everything is with in reach but I myself have no confidence to deposit major to buy something even if its within reach.....being a part of this game for over 8 years just like many of you and all the veterans I personally would not invest as a partner or a business with this company after seeing the way things are for the past 8 years....there was a time yes....2005 to I'd say 2010 - 12 after that down hill.....maybe more or less. In short if I had a mill right now and I could have anything within this game or set up any business within....I'd stay way way clear. Investing in this game this day and age is like starting a major business in a war torn country such as Iraq or Afghanistan.... What are the chances of success vs being fcuked.....

Last edited:
MA don't set any prices, the players do. Just because players are eager to buy items just because they think they will be rare don't mean they actually will be rare. It's always a gamble to buy "rare" stuff when they are new and nobody know how rare they will be. We could be angry and say "It should be rare", but at the end of the day it's we the players that did a misjudgment. I have done some of it those aslo.

It would be a bit different if it is items that have been released over a year ago and suddenly MA decide to create a lot more of the items making them less rare and the MU tumbles down. I think we can be angry on MA in the case when they suddenly change a "established fact" that an item is rare to suddenly make it more common.

I never buy in-game items speculating on their future value, only based on their current value to my gameplay or what I want to achieve. If the tool fits the job and the price is better than the alternatives, or at least removes a major inconvenience, or even I absolutely want it for the fun of it, then yes. Else no. They can pull the rug from under your feet at any moment. For value investment there is gold and silver bullion, real physical ones. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
I'd like to think MA has limits to the number of drops.

I bought an unlimited taming, and acceleration ring, more for convenience as I didn't want to open millions of boxes.

I was a bit disappointed with losing peds on the melee amps not as much as those that spent 3K on them though. It was stupid to buy a spare VI on the hope of making a few ped later. Live and learn I guess, I will only buy unlimited of what I need in future.

Pets are interesting, what does rare or epic really mean. I bought rares for +200 a few times, although it looks like a skilled common pet will be more rare than a rare in future....lol. New Sapphires go for 5 ped...lol.

I hope MA has a number in mind that they will drop for rare pets especially from the strong boxes. Maybe it's 500 then no more. That's a lot though, and if it's around that number, it's certainly a reason why there seems many of them, until they filter out.

So I guess the moral of the story is buy want you want to use, not play the market unless you're a big risk taker.

I hope everything doesn't go to tt food, there's a balance that needs to be found.

My feeling at the moment though is "here's a new item, everyone gets one".

Keep skilling and GL

Rick

The tags rare, uncommon epic ect just reflect the rarity of the event to loot one or find a mob. I dont see any relation with a limit. My guess, rings expect the unique are limitless depending on how many boxes are opend.

I hope everything doesn't go to tt food, there's a balance that needs to be found.

My feeling at the moment though is "here's a new item, everyone gets one".

Keep skilling and GL

Rick

If you try to think back a few years about our verbal fights here on this forum I tried to tell you that we didn't want this. Now we got it and how great do you think it is Mr. Uber gear for everyone and his mother?

I think the melee amp droprate, and range of heal tools has effected the value too quickly. Many people are too scared to buy anything because they think it will be cheaper next month. This is the main problem with deflation. MA need to make a steady and stable economy. It is not at the moment.

I think the melee amp droprate, and range of heal tools has effected the value too quickly. Many people are too scared to buy anything because they think it will be cheaper next month. This is the main problem with deflation. MA need to make a steady and stable economy. It is not at the moment.

Too late.......

Im more suprised adult ppl assume as much as they do regarding the future value of their items.

Thats why im more or less out, atleast financially.

They Spammed UL Guns all last year and year before

Calytrek was +20k new then took a dive to 15k quickly

Adj Fap was +20k this year, new faps came took a hard crash

RX Spammed in, RX Op1 crashed.

Melee Amp - Flat Lined

The UL market is jammed up atm, and with all these changes and new things getting spammed in no one wants to take the risk in buying an UL weapon or item.

People who would have bought them buy rings instead, lets face it you can stock pile the huge spam of E.L.M for super low MU, then use the rings to bring your kill rate and eco up and grind hard untill next year. Why buy some UL gun and risk it crashing underneath you?

Spam, Spam, Spam, Balance?

Good Luck with that :bomb:

MA never care about UL , since its not make any diference at all to mindark

MA still going release new weapons/armor/faps/tools with better ECO
to keep crafters , grind BP and players in gear treadmill(yes like reset in each 6moth in any other themeparkmmo)

Point to buy UL how much you going save going cover cost to you buy? and how long its take
but never count with same value you buy

The Funniest are those things you buy directly from MA, like the Failrari quad for 50k, and the galactic chips. The moment you bought it, you lost peds. No way you can ever sell those for what you paid :)

MA are happy :yup:

MA care, but actualy about making unL items market as flat as possible. Slot machine has to be equal for everyone.
Even if they have in mind some maximum number of pareticular items at curent minimal playerbase market will be flooded with each of them be it modifiet or epic.

But I doubt that there is any consistent drop rate/number of items politics in MA HQ. Since new faps number is growing every week i had no doubts it will be same with crates loots.

Now i am waiting for bug due to which there will be more than one "unique" ring. Looking at MA actions it's matter of time ;)

Back