The first rule of noob club is you DO talk about noob club

BalorDavies

Ok, guys. Here's the elephant in the room.

This game is biased. You don't seem to be able to sustainably play for free without spending a great deal of time grinding for sweat, hunting etc. makes a loss in this game and so do most crafting skills from what I hear, especially at low levels. This means to earn the cash by any conventional methods would take FAR more time than it would actually take to take an extra hour at work to pay for the equivilant cash irl. In a normal rl investment game this is not a problem, but in this game it seems that people are exceptionally greedy or the crafting system is simply too biased for anyone to realistically make and sell these items at an appropriate price. Upon realising that you can't successfully hunt with a gun and profit I turned my eyes to swords, but was taken aback by the prices people were charging for the most basic weapons. In most games' malls we're talking dollars for premium items, not for the first weapons in the game.

This is why I'm calling for other noobs, sweating animals seems to be the only way of making a sustainable profit, even if it is very slow, and the process is made infinitely faster by collecting in groups. This is because the animal can only prevent 1 member of the group who it aggro's from being able to collect, this person will gain skills while the rest of the group gain sweat, sellable to other players.

The more time we spend, the more profitable and faster the idea could become, and with a few regular players we can actually make a plausible way for newbies to afford even the most basic equipment.

LOL at 'profitable' sweating

:scratch2:

Isnt that what the noobs usually do at the sweating circles? Maybe you need someone to point you in the right direction of the ones already doing this? :)

ambu.jpg

i know, sweating is fun and social and everything! but if you think a minute about your computer's power consumption and the "profit" you make per hour by selling sweat, it's nothing but a loss - not to mention the waste of your life (L). personally, i would even pay cash for NOT having to gather sweat, and depo anyways. :laugh:

good luck & have fun anyways! :)

Hi & Welcome BalorDavies.
There are a plenty of Sweat/Swunt Groups daily on Calypso.
PM me in Game and I will provide you with more info.

This game is biased. You don't seem to be able to sustainably play for free without spending a great deal of time grinding for sweat, hunting etc. makes a loss in this game and so do most crafting skills from what I hear, especially at low levels. This means to earn the cash by any conventional methods would take FAR more time than it would actually take to take an extra hour at work to pay for the equivilant cash irl.

No it is not biased it is build that way by design. You are not suppose to be able to farm for stuff and cash out to make a living for free.

The game design is you can use sweat gathering and other small things to get a feel for the game before your first deposit to see if you like the game and what direction you want to start out in with the game.

It does have the ability to play for free but it is a very long tedious path and definitely designed so to drive you towards making small deposits. Or big ones depending on what you want to do.

In no way do I ever, and I mean ever want to see farming in the game to make anything more the pennies an hour without first paying a little to try getting returns. Else we will see huge farming facilities and slave labor camps in real life with people trying to farm for profits. Game goes that route I do not want to be part of such a thing. Keep the farming prospects at bay, if you want to play do small deposits here and there and use sweating and gathering as a subsidiary income between deposits and learn to play the game slowly.

Fellow entropians!

We have formed att sweating and mininggroup named Calypso Swingers

Our first teamsession will be in pvp area.
Be sure to bring protection incase we most penetrate rough terrain.
Newcommers are welcome to watch!

I just had to:) I might took it alittle to far:)

Last edited:
Take a $60 xbox game you no longer play...sell it on ebay for $20.

Depo $20

You just make 200 ped in 1 hour. Instead of 2 weeks of sweating.

Then start getting skills that can help you in game...(not sweating skills)

You are now 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Rinse and Repeat.

Problem solved.

nothing in life is free.... if someone is playing for "free and trying to earn for free" someone else is paying for them. A website does not run for "free". If you are getting free entertainment from this game, someone else is depoing and paying your share of the expenses that each individual avatar costs to operate in this website.

Happy sweating and hopefully one day you will be able to afford to contribute to the game and its expenses :)

From my past forum experience sweating has always been looked at as a noob endeavor. Also , sweating has a reputation as sucking the money from the game , and of no community value.

I personally find sweating to be very satisfying and relaxing. As far as the drain on the economy that some have given to sweating , I think this is a fallacy. Sweaters typically have goals in the game as others do and as some have stated it is just a starting point and some eventually deposit to further their goals. But for those that just sweat to eventually have enough to spend on mining , hunting , crafting or to begin trading , or eventually spend those peds back into the game on the land area in swunt teams and healing. There is a stigma attached to sweaters as if it is a leach that sucks the life out of the game. I say bullshit to this , as I find most sweaters eager to learn the game and helpful to each other.

As far as sweating as means to test the game for the short term , I disagree. Sweat has been incorporated into the game from its inception and grows more integrated each day with new bp's and missions. I have personally purchased AUD's from a landowner using sweat as the currency. The sweat economy is probably the most stable I have seen it since I started in 2006. Now its time for MA to take their heads out of their asses and get back to Entropia Universe instead of destroying MU with TT crafting and ComPet that gamed outside of our platform.

Selling sweat 2.5ped/k @ boxes

Bones

This game is biased. You don't seem to be able to sustainably play for free...

In a normal rl investment game this is not a problem...
In most games' malls we're talking dollars for premium items, not for the first weapons in the game...

Welcome to Entropia, it's not like most games! :thumbup:

Back