Question: Couple of questions from a very long time L2 player

Pratahn

Guardian
Hello everyone,
I am a very long time player of Lineage 2, recently looking to play another MMORPG. The PED=$$$ concept is new to me (in L2 it is a bannable offense) and while I read the basics (and still proceed to read tutorials and guides) I have a problem grasping it not at logical, but on emotional ground.
Anyway - I will greatly appreciate if someone answers to my couple of questions, but in the way "It is so and so", not in the way "It should be so and so" or "It is designed to be so and so".
Q1: Are there really new players? And I mean new new players; not just a new alt char of an existing player or new player which gets power-leveling (for no matter which reason) from existing player. What I mean is NCSoft killed the new players inflow in L2 when they started to reshape the game economics on whims, so there is not a single new player there at least for 3 years, this forcing NCSoft to start catering exclusively to the old players.
Q2: Bots. Some L2 servers are at 100% populated by bots and bot controllers, and on those which have real players still at least 70% from the active chars are bots. From what I read sweating for example is very suitable for bots (hunting and mining too but as I understand wrong bot settings may bring loss instead of profit unlike the sweating)
Q3: Can more then one instance of the game run on the same PC? For example can I register two accounts and run both at the same time, using the second acc exclusively for trade etc while the other for the real play? I never read such advice for EU while it is most common practice in L2.

1. Yes there are new players.

2. Use of bot software with the game is a breach of the EULA, with player accounts permanently banned.

3. The Terms of Use states that each player is allowed one account. Running multiple instances of the game on the same computer at the same time isn't permitted.

Wow an L2 player.

I did consider it 10 years or so ago, good to see interest from players of that game.

Answers answered by Serica succinctly, I hope you enjoy it here if you make it your new home. :)

LOL @ running bots .

even if it was allowed, you get that a tiny bit wrong and it will cost you a lot of money , at the very least if your just sweating you will look an idiot stood there with a sweat tool running at the revive point.:laugh:

However, botting does happen.

LOL @ running bots .

even if it was allowed, you get that a tiny bit wrong and it will cost you a lot of money , at the very least if your just sweating you will look an idiot stood there with a sweat tool running at the revive point.:laugh:

There are very sophisticated bots scripts in L2. Including they may port to the town, leave in the WH or mail stuff, buy mats and craft shots, port and run back to the botting spot.

I got it. There are bots but seems they are less then in L2, which is good.

Back