Pet Iron Missions?

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
I'm sure you guys in development have loads going on with Pet development right now.

I was just wondering if there're plans for pet iron missions as an easy win whilst we're waiting for the really cool development to come in such as battles.

For example "Bring me a bristle hog with 10K xp" or "Bring me a devil with 10xp". Obviously there needs to be some sort of pet marker that a pet has qualified for the mission, so traded pets don't abuse it.

Loads of scope there for different pets, commons, rares epics etc.

Haven't got a clue on rewards, maybe a pet cloak of some sort like a badge of honour type thing, with cool rewards for much higher training, maybe even special type nutrio bars as rewards.

What do players think?

Rick

ps: the strong box pets are very nice.

im not a fan of pets yet, the benefits arn't great enough, however this is a good idea. could be a multi stage mission.

Stage 1: tame X (easy) pet
Stage 2: Train X pet to lvl 7
Stage 3: Train X pet to lvl 20
Reward: Skill or Whip
Stage 4: Tame Y (mid) Pet
and so on

Obviously there needs to be some sort of pet marker that a pet has qualified for the mission, so traded pets don't abuse it.

Here is an idea put a (X) after the pet name :D

Or just fix the pet tamer in the item info to show the actual tamer, and if it doesn't match then the system will know you traded it for it.

Hmm...

Stage 1
Train <insert rarity or whatever pet> blah 1000 XP

Stage 2
Same, same, 3000 XP

Stage 3
Same, same. 10,000 XP.

By not limiting it to one specific pet, the missions would be less tedious AND we wouldn't need to have pets "marked" in order to avoid exploits.

Hmm...

Stage 1
Train <insert rarity or whatever pet> blah 1000 XP

Stage 2
Same, same, 3000 XP

Stage 3
Same, same. 10,000 XP.

By not limiting it to one specific pet, the missions would be less tedious AND we wouldn't need to have pets "marked" in order to avoid exploits.

Good thinking Batman

Not sure why you'd want to prevent people buying pets to use in the mission, it would give tamers the chance to sell pets for a fair price so they'd benefit even after they completed their own mission.

It should require rare pets, but be "Gain 3000 exp" not "Have a pet with 3000 exp" so people have to actually do the missions rather than buy them. Otherwise people could rent pets for mission completion, or just share them around. Worse case scenario being someone making hundreds of alts, sharing it, and chipping out the skills for pure profit, destroying MU on pet skills and raising MU on ESI.

Not sure why you'd want to prevent people buying pets to use in the mission, it would give tamers the chance to sell pets for a fair price so they'd benefit even after they completed their own mission.

It's not always about the money though is it mate. It's about being rewarded for effort time and personal challenges. Good point though, it might add with sales etc.

I was thinking more on the lines of the same pet being exploited for the same reward multiple times via multiple avas, which would be wrong. It's a morality thing.

Rick

It would have to be experience based and not rarity or pet based.
I say this because alot of people dont want to train 4 or 5 ( or 10) pets.
I have 4 pets but 3 are just used for the passive effects, only one is used for skilling

It's not always about the money though is it mate. It's about being rewarded for effort time and personal challenges. Good point though, it might add with sales etc.

I was thinking more on the lines of the same pet being exploited for the same reward multiple times via multiple avas, which would be wrong. It's a morality thing.

Rick

I was thinking the pet was consumed when handing it in.

That's an awesome idea but I imagine it like this:

Stage 1
Kill 100 Tamed pets

Stage 2
Stop 100 players from taming pets

Stage 3
Lure 500 tameable pets to a turret

I was thinking the pet was consumed when handing it in.

That's an awesome idea but I imagine it like this:

Stage 1
Kill 100 Tamed pets

Stage 2
Stop 100 players from taming pets

Stage 3
Lure 500 tameable pets to a turret

LOL both....funny

Actually more tricks when skilling pets will also be good.

Rick

At 10.000 pets tamed a reward can be something similar to "Summoning Totem" and can use once to spawn a epic creature that you can tame , and this how should be for rare,epic creatures ...not just some campers who whait for silver bunny or rare dragons and rare devils to spawn , you tame you kill you loot the totem for a rare, epic creature ....

Back