Any interest in a loot tracking spreadsheet? Specifically for animal oils/hides?

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
Hey there PCF.

So lately I've started to (slowly) alter my approach to this game to be more markup focused while hunting rather than just blindly swinging my mace and clobbing mobs across the head. That being said, I noticed that Entropedia loot info can be a bit dated or misleading. The ranges of common, uncommon, etc. can be a bit broad and since they are only entered as a drop down selection, who's to say that these entries are accurate?

Therefore, I took it upon myself to whip up a spreadsheet (that is still in progress) to track the amount of oils/hides/etc. that I loot on a mob. I am tracking my TT spend for ammo/melee weapon decay and tracking the number of each oil I loot from a mob. Then I will record my % of oil looted for total spend and total loot. That way I can start a running average on each mob (I break out each mob by puny,small,medium,large because different maturities are known to drop different oils) and see which mob truly drops a lot of a specific oil in comparison to others.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks at the moment:

**Please note that the data depicted above is just random numbers. I was testing each field.**

This is pretty much the alpha stage of the spreadsheet. Things like eco of a weapon can affect how much oils you get per run due to being able to kill more/less than another person. However, I believe in the end things will average out once I get a good data set. I also want to see from a global/hof how much oil/shrapnel/etc. can you expect (%) wise, as well as tracking the chance of globalling/hoffing based on TT spent (i.e. you can expect a global on average from a feffox to be 1 in every say.. 300 ped as a figurative number).

Would you guys be interested in a shared version of something like this? I don't do much web programming but I feel that a web app would be the best way to share this instead of an excel spreadsheet. The only fear I have is bad data being maliciously entered, so I would have to establish some data quality rules first before releasing it publicly.

If you have any comments, suggestions, improvements, questions, etc. please feel free to share them here.

Thanks!
-Hyp

looks cool but on mine i made it easier and faster to track else i found myself spending too much time to track my stuff

looks cool but on mine i made it easier and faster to track else i found myself spending too much time to track my stuff

Would you be able to share on how you did that?

Mine is probably a bit complicated to the eys of the user but will surelly do when i got a free bit :)
Cheers

Would be useful to me , as I am incompetent at spreadsheet creation.

Last edited:
If you want to maintain any kind of markup at all, I would strongly advise against sharing this type of information.

bumping for more ideas/comments on this spreadsheet

I know it's not what you are looking for but maybe this gives you ideas. I have been using these for some years:

This one is an example for point based missions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sAbeGo9_Npcr_Kwahmbgi7DzTnkw7sATw9izIIFlzrY/edit?usp=sharing

And this for anything else and/or random runs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gDAcXqLXd0jIQyGlRhwYCo8r0rLl4E_Z_i2B7YeLa8c/edit?usp=sharing

Helps me filter out shitty mobs just by using the "Notable loots" column, and it takes a few seconds to input a new run. I can also see loot swings by dates and overall returns.

Cheers.

I know it's not what you are looking for but maybe this gives you ideas. I have been using these for some years:

This one is an example for point based missions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sAbeGo9_Npcr_Kwahmbgi7DzTnkw7sATw9izIIFlzrY/edit?usp=sharing

And this for anything else and/or random runs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gDAcXqLXd0jIQyGlRhwYCo8r0rLl4E_Z_i2B7YeLa8c/edit?usp=sharing

Helps me filter out shitty mobs just by using the "Notable loots" column, and it takes a few seconds to input a new run. I can also see loot swings by dates and overall returns.

Cheers.

I really like your cost/point metric. I'll try to see if I can incorporate that in the future!

Back