MA needs to quit protecting Caly.

Universe wide missions, well that would be cool and all but first they need to make bigger efforts to transport lootable mats with not risk of being looted possible. They started with the containers for oils and sweat so some effort has been made. Myself think they could dump that lootable space crap all together, reduce the cost of warping in space and people would still be able to run their businesses and profit, to not have to fly 45 F**king min + to another planet. They could of also alternatively littered space with non stop mobs so you must fight your way to planets. Space was just a complete shit design, starting with making it 99+% lootable. So many other, much better solutions that could have been done.

Like you said there is a way already, you can refine any items used in the current universal mission into 'crates' that are unlootable in space, this includes sweat, nearly all oils, and more items already. So there is no issue with universal wide missions they just need to include that feature for each item that is needed.

I've said time and again that the PP model was just a short-sighted cash grab without thinking about how those planets would sustain themselves. There isn't enough people to have dedicated populations for each planet currently in game. Period. Until there is a way for there to be more fluidity between planets, the other planets will never reach their full potential. They may have pockets of success, but they will struggle overall.

I've said time and again that the PP model was just a short-sighted cash grab without thinking about how those planets would sustain themselves. There isn't enough people to have dedicated populations for each planet currently in game. Period. Until there is a way for there to be more fluidity between planets, the other planets will never reach their full potential. They may have pockets of success, but they will struggle overall.

I think each planet needs to have their own country and language for the system to work as planned, otherwise they are impeding on eachother. But if say planet Russia grabbed russian players, planet oilmoney got the Arabians, etc it would allow for much more organic growth

The problem from how i see it. if you new are planet how do you keep new players? I live on RT and one of biggest problems that all players has faced is selling their stuff. Now we always had the odd main re seller zal, Narfi and now Hammer, but then players rely on them all time and they will not buy everything. So you have export stuff to Caly auction to sell. So all new planets rely on Caly to sell their stuff or for older skilled players to make the new planet their home to craft so new bps that will drop and use up the specific planet loot. Then when migration or merry mayhem is on they old player leave and the new players struggle to sell loot.

i dont believe MA are "fiercely running events" either...

what are you talking about? they run events pretty much back-to-back & even overlapping other events!

events are non-stop! If I want to "compete" in most Caly events, I have to save up to participate if I want to go all out until the end, but now saving up for an event means missing out on participating in the rest because there's no down time between events anymore! :eyecrazy:

Make Auction global with no transportation fees and most problems are solved. It really sucks going to other planets and getting some decent MU loot but not being able to sell it quick enough to keep cycling without having to take a mothership back to caly

I think the PP eco war did a lot of damage, my gun is better than your planet gun. Unfortunately some PP's left unchecked would've if they could've gotten away with it, dumped a ton of mod faps on the market if it meant more hunting on their planet for a few weeks.

It was all about short term gain, it worked for a while but it destroyed much of the dynamics. Now we have a situation that the "one" ped guns will be the norm, and loot drawn out even further meaning even bigger gaps between payback.

I said in previous post a few years ago that this was happening and it was clear as day to anyone that understand business.

The proper solution was planet only gear, but what ever deal was struck by PP's with MA meant that didn't happen. Maybe the banks wouldn't bankroll on that basis to PP's, we don't know.

We have what we have. The entire universe could be brave and accept a huge change of tons of stats changes across the board for all planets. I can't see players accepting it, even if it was for the better good.

The reason; the balance between skilled and unskilled players is still too top heavy, so even 2009 style loot or weapons still wouldn't work. It's broken yes, but we are still here, and the noobs seems to like if, even if we are subsidising them.

I'm passed giving a shit, and will skill pets until I think hunting is affordable again.

Rick

I think each planet needs to have their own country and language for the system to work as planned, otherwise they are impeding on eachother. But if say planet Russia grabbed russian players, planet oilmoney got the Arabians, etc it would allow for much more organic growth
No no no! Planets in the game are basically like countries in the real world. I live in the US and if we couldn't trade with other countries, we would basically have zero products since so much of our business relies on services nowadays. Obviously planets in game aren't exactly the same thing as countries in the real world, but the concept still applies - different countries specialize in different things and it's rare for any one country to be fully self-sufficient. Same is going to go for planets, trust me on that.

This is the exact problem planets have right now actually, they can't survive on their own and need a good way to trade with other planets in order to flourish.

Once we had small handy thing that do not cost much effort from MA and for me was useful.

The client.

You could browse and see first page of client for all planets easy and fast and be informed on all events ongoing on all planets.
Now only mode to change client front page is to fly to certain planet and there relog.

THIS! Why the hell did it change? It was better the way it was before, in my opinion.

Great point. ;-)

THIS! Why the hell did it change? It was better the way it was before, in my opinion.

Great point. ;-)

Yeah you are right, dan makes a great point with that...

There is no more obvious move by MA to protect itself from people leaving to explore the universe than getting rid of those old loaders. They had the most to lose when people open up the loader and see what fun things are going on on other planets. So they tried to blind us.

From the way i see, MA is not protecting caly (maybe event wise yea but not otherwise). Look how ark emerged from the dust since they went ON. Have self sustaining economy, better MU than caly and since they attracted quite big playerbase to play there, they can drop UL items too, sell LAs, sell deeds and other kinds of stuffs. RT has quite good MU too, but ND failed to listen to players so not many actually hunts or crafts there (instead of craftable guns, he should have went toward amps as one particular bp uses up like 90% of mined alternative, also some eco guns in loot wouldnt hurt or some other great idea to use their loot which they dont have yet).
And taco, u really want other planets to drop almost TT food L80+ guns too as caly does? lol
Only unfairness i see atm is the shitloads of events with shitloads of UL weps being handed out
OFC this year's ELM is fkd up too but at least could make big bulk'o profit

If you want this game to grow, MA must stop inhibiting other planets.

I spend most of my time on other planets, and daily, I see the negative effects that the current "competition" among planets causes.

There needs to be much more cohesiveness in our universe. The constant blame-shifting by MA to other PP's must stop. I will not go into detail on all this, but suffice to say that MA is constantly battling, blaming and limiting all the other planets besides caly all the time. (The ELM waves? Constant events, the sound problems on other planets and with pets, the hitboxes on caly being the only ones fixed, the fact that I crash 10 times a day on other planets, but on caly I stay logged in for 10 hours at a time, the fact that only caly has a rich array of loot in each mob...etc etc etc the list is like 75 items long)

Those of you who say "we were fine when it is just caly, we don't need other planets" are just fooling yourself. If this game was just caly, I wouldn't play, and neither would hundreds of others. Right now, it is Caly vs. the rest of the planets. I am getting so tired of this battle.

Ark, RT, Cyrene, and the rest of the planets...all these planets together equal Caly's cycling, or is at least getting pretty close to it. But all these are constantly fighting Caly.

They way MA runs this universe, like a mafia, extorting all the towns in it's grasp, is killing the game. It is no surprise that MA favors the "town" they have the most invested in (caly)

This battle HAS to stop. There needs to be universe wide events...there needs to be a universe-wide loot pool that allows you to loot decent stuff on other planets. There needs to be no more blaming PP's for problems MA created (hitboxes)...there needs to be accountability by MA as to how other planets are able to fix bugs they have no control over.

There probably needs to be a change in how PP income is distributed...which would allow for less reason for them to fight over US, the players! They need to let us enjoy the entire universe like we want to, and quit making it so damn hard for us to do that. The game needs to stop fighting and caring about what planet we are on, and care more about what fun we can have wherever we are!

They all need to start working together. Nothing gets done in this game and it doesn't grow, because all it is is a bunch of politicians looking out for themselves, and blaming each other.

SO please, MA, start thinking bigger than your own back-yard, and start evolving...this game can be massive...and only YOU are holding it back.

I agree 100%
why you called Planet PARTNERS otherwise?

You can call 'em Planet competitors perhaps.

And taco, u really want other planets to drop almost TT food L80+ guns too as caly does? lol
Only unfairness i see atm is the shitloads of events with shitloads of UL weps being handed out
OFC this year's ELM is fkd up too but at least could make big bulk'o profit

No you are changing what I said to fit your point. I was just giving a few examples...there are literally 100's of needs out there in other planets loot tables.

Having a predictable array of stock gear for all professions and all hunter levels on each planet IS important, though.
Let each planet give you the same chance to loot from a cross-planet loot table...whether its on certain mobs of the same type (with different skins for individuality) found on each planet or however they want to do it, there needs to be a way to access a loot pool with the 1000 items all players of all levels need to survive.

Putting new players on a planet that never dropped guns (NI) or a planet that only drops guns up to L 10 (toulan) is a joke...they are level 10 in 1 week!

There needs to be available on every planet, an assortment of stuff for every level. That means guns, swords, MF, Bp's for this type of gear, Armor, amps, FAP's, shit to craft enhancers, buff chips, excavators and finders higher than level 3, the list goes on...These new planet partners take the shit loot MA gives them and they can't do anything about it.

Yes Ark grew like it should, coming along at the perfect time, and doing a damn good job of running a planet...but does that mean no one else should have a chance? Ark and Cy were given some good loot at first that gave people a reason to be there. Great. Then MA takes it away and lots of people leave, and go grind nonstop events on Caly because its the only place that has UL shit dropping. They let Ark release a few UL things for some events now and then...so what...the chance is gone. Oh wait someone got a gyro 14 smuggler last month!

That chance to loot something worth 5k or 20k should be available on all planets all the time...even if it is 1 in a billion. It's not, and that's a problem. It doesn't have to be great stuff, but it needs to be there, and a WIDE ARRAY of L gear for all levels needs to be available on every planet too.

Thats my opinion anyhow...sorry if I sounded mad, I am not mad at you :) Well...just mad at MA anyway...

Most of these issues that Taco describes is actually up to the Planet Partner to fix, and not MA. The platform that the Planet Partners use is exactly the same, but it is quite obvious that some Planet Partners has taken water over their heads.

We had bad experience of loot aviability in past, don't know if that is what we want.
Miner got hoff and mined sweat essence on one planet.
Mentor edition items dropped in loot on one planet in big amount
Scanners ES500 dropped in loot on one planet in massive amount - BP for that scanner was removed almost 11 years a go so that item was quite rare.
On top on fact that this things should newer happen it happened on wrong planet too.
What we wish? Maybe to get mod merc drop rain on one random (wrong) planet witch don't have nothing to do with that pistol?
Dangerous wishes.

The fact is, having people born on other planets and taking them away at a young age because the can't find any gear on their home planet is stupid.

Fighting for them before they learn about the game and dragging them through a PvP hellhole in order to find decent gear on unknown planets 45 minutes away is stupid.

Making it look like the only way to survive or find decent gear is by going to caly events non-stop, is stupid.

Having ALL types of gear available for ALL professions of ALL levels is crucial to minimizing the effect of the massive learning curve this game has, and it lets new players spend the time they have worrying about skilling and not about constantly searching for stuff they need.

When people are allowed to grow with the same basic set of decent and available gear across all the planets, they can become invested without the headache known as space. And once they are higher level, and they are invested in the game with skills, they are a lot less likely to quit once they see the clusterfuck that MA laid out for them between planets, and the clusterfuck MA lays out for them on Caly as they fight the PP's with events and the 1000 ELMS I have in storage..

The global auction was a start, but it sure as hell isn't the sole solution.

Let each planet have mobs that can drop 1000 different essential things from a universal loot table.

Loot can teach players, by having lower mobs drop stuff suitable to kill higher mobs etc, and hook players, and let them worry about skilling, and therefore being invested and hopefully sticking around...instead MA uses it to confuse people and make then never get invested in the first place.

Having Toulan drop 3 different L 1 armors and nothing higher is insane. Having 6500 hp mobs drop sollomate kangoos is insane. Having NI newbs never be able to loot a gun is insane! This shit hurts the game, all of it...and it all stems from the sickening constant competition between Caly and the rest of the universe, and from MA's resistance to leveling the playing field.

We had bad experience of loot aviability in past, don't know if that is what we want.
Miner got hoff and mined sweat essence on one planet.
Mentor edition items dropped in loot on one planet in big amount
Scanners ES500 dropped in loot on one planet in massive amount - BP for that scanner was removed almost 11 years a go so that item was quite rare.
On top on fact that this things should newer happen it happened on wrong planet too.
What we wish? Maybe to get mod merc drop rain on one random (wrong) planet witch don't have nothing to do with that pistol?
Dangerous wishes.

MA has to OK everything that drops anyhow, so making them responsible for it NEVER to happen like it has in your examples SHOULD BE one of MA's only concerns...they should be doing that anyhow or they should be allowed to run the game.

Most of these issues that Taco describes is actually up to the Planet Partner to fix, and not MA. The platform that the Planet Partners use is exactly the same, but it is quite obvious that some Planet Partners has taken water over their heads.

Sure hit boxes and sound bugs are...we get that. Well, that's what MA says anyhow.

But the shithole known as space, and the constant caly events and ELMS and stuff like that, that is not the PP's responsibility.

MA's horrible 6 months vu updating isn't the PP's responsibility.

Having decent available loot for all professions of all levels on all planets is MA's darn responsibility since they shoot down any attempt by any planet to add stuff 90% of the time...why not make available the stuff you know and already approve of in a universal loot table. The PP's sure as hell aren't allowed to.

This stuff, most of it is on MA, especially the important stuff, and not the PP's. Not sure how you can think otherwise.

Sure hit boxes and sound bugs are...we get that. Well, that's what MA says anyhow.

But the shithole known as space, and the constant caly events and ELMS and stuff like that, that is not the PP's responsibility.

MA's horrible 6 months vu updating isn't the PP's responsibility.

Having decent available loot for all professions of all levels on all planets is MA's darn responsibility since they shoot down any attempt by any planet to add stuff 90% of the time...why not make available the stuff you know and already approve of in a universal loot table. The PP's sure as hell aren't allowed to.

This stuff, most of it is on MA, especially the important stuff, and not the PP's. Not sure how you can think otherwise.

Actually, events and mob spawns and what they can drop is also up to the Planet Partners. They can create any event they want and spawn any of their monsters they want. But they don't because it takes work and they don't have funding enough to afford it.

Keep in mind that even though this game has expanded when it comes to livable area and planets, the actual player base has only gone down every year since 2006. You might not know, but this game used to be pretty big when it comes to player base, but now days we only have about 5000 active players, in a game that is 15 years old with an ever decreasing player base. Also keep in mind that MindArk has already gone bankruptcy once, and was only saved because of investors willing to put in money to save it. I'm sure you can figure out where this is going.

I don't know if you where around when planet Cyrene was launched. But holy shit what a failure that was! And people blamed MA for it, just because they don't know how Planet Partnership works nor how the mechanics behind the platform works. The actual problem was that the Partners of Cyrene had no clue how the platform works and probably thought it was all drag-and drop, point and click with the mouse.

Yes, space and all issues with it is MA's responsibility.

Last edited:
Actually, events and mob spawns and what they can drop is also up to the Planet Partners. They can create any event they want and spawn any of their monsters they want. But they don't because it takes work and they don't have funding enough to afford it.

Keep in mind that even though this game has expanded when it comes to livable area and planets, the actual player base has only gone down every year since 2006. You might not know, but this game used to be pretty big when it comes to player base, but now days we only have about 5000 active players, in a game that is 15 years old with an ever decreasing player base. Also keep in mind that MindArk has already gone bankruptcy once, and was only saved because of investors willing to put in money to save it. I'm sure you can figure out where this is going.

I don't know if you where around when planet Cyrene was launched. But holy shit what a failure that was! And people blamed MA for it, just because they don't know how Planet Partnership works nor how the mechanics behind the platform works. The actual problem was that the Partners of Cyrene had no clue how the platform works and probably thought it was all drag-and drop, point and click with the mouse.

Yes, space and all issues with it is MA's responsibility.

Isn't it a bit early in the morning for a "the sky is falling" post?

Isn't it a bit early in the morning for a "the sky is falling" post?

It wasn't intended as one. I am only giving facts to clear out some confusions.

There are a lot of things which could be done better :laugh:

Well, not all things can be done at once and there are always more urgent things to do than to fix a running system. MA and Planet Partners lack manpower and funding to "fix" all at once.

However there are often little things which - atlast for me - make a big differnce.
When i joind PE in 2006 i loved reading the Item descriptions, i reall thought that those could give hints where to find items or how to optain them. Hell, i ran around in PVP looking for hidden vaults because the description on one rifle said that "many were lost in the last Robot Wars". ::rolleyes: I think it was TR8 or something...

Point is, EU lacks a good story and the easiest way to give it one is to make good item description

Arkadia has a story and the overall design of the Planet goes along with it. If you read the text on the Arcadian Armors they acutally give hints why its there and where to find it.

Calypso had this but it did not get much love in the last years.

I think it would be great if, maybe us, could write some more and better texts for items & locations. An official Wiki could be the perfect place for it so every "player" has the innital right to write or mod it. People who do the first discovery on a new item have the first right and will be named for ever. The texts could be loaded dynamicly from that wiki when you open an item info.

Sure, that might sound so unimportant but it would be a first and easy step to make playing a more immensive experience. And its rather easy and a good test for constant community involvment.

Best might be we do a list and vote on different suggestions. Maybe MA has a look at it - after all a "Voting" system is promised anyway ;)

The planet partners struggle for one simple reason and that is space. Remove that bullshit or at least make it optional by introducing free teleporters and open auction and I think we would see a lot more people around on all planets. I would hunt a lot more on other planets if it was like that but due to my limited time for playing I want to cycle peds when I log in and not fuck around in space in hours back/forth to sell my loot on a working auction (caly). I know I can save time by renting a MS but it's a hassle and it often takes time to arrange also.

My guess is that they do not dare to introduce teleporters again due to the simple fact that they don't want the playerbase so spread out and they refuse to see what a big failure space really is.

the hitboxes on caly being the only ones fixed, the fact that I crash 10 times a day on other planets, but on caly I stay logged in for 10 hours at a time, the fact that only caly has a rich array of loot in each mob...etc etc etc the list is like 75 items long)

I dare you to try shooting Prancers for a daily mission.
I lose connection all the time on Calypso.
Did Falx daily the other day, and the rich collection of loot was ammo and shrapnel with 2 components only, and 40 extractors.

The planet partners struggle for one simple reason and that is space. Remove that bullshit or at least make it optional by introducing free teleporters and open auction and I think we would see a lot more people around on all planets. I would hunt a lot more on other planets if it was like that but due to my limited time for playing I want to cycle peds when I log in and not fuck around in space in hours back/forth to sell my loot on a working auction (caly). I know I can save time by renting a MS but it's a hassle and it often takes time to arrange also.

My guess is that they do not dare to introduce teleporters again due to the simple fact that they don't want the playerbase so spread out and they refuse to see what a big failure space really is.

The problem if they remove space, have globel auction or any reason for players not to uses motherships/starfinders then the players who have invested tons of money will feel royally arse rapped. Hanger owners still feel they are hard done by.

Back