MA needs to quit protecting Caly.

Actually, events and mob spawns and what they can drop is also up to the Planet Partners. They can create any event they want and spawn any of their monsters they want. But they don't because it takes work and they don't have funding enough to afford it.

Keep in mind that even though this game has expanded when it comes to livable area and planets, the actual player base has only gone down every year since 2006. You might not know, but this game used to be pretty big when it comes to player base, but now days we only have about 5000 active players, in a game that is 15 years old with an ever decreasing player base. Also keep in mind that MindArk has already gone bankruptcy once, and was only saved because of investors willing to put in money to save it. I'm sure you can figure out where this is going.

I don't know if you where around when planet Cyrene was launched. But holy shit what a failure that was! And people blamed MA for it, just because they don't know how Planet Partnership works nor how the mechanics behind the platform works. The actual problem was that the Partners of Cyrene had no clue how the platform works and probably thought it was all drag-and drop, point and click with the mouse.

Yes, space and all issues with it is MA's responsibility.

No events are heavily policed by MA. They can't spawn them as freely as you would think. ND gets in a lot of trouble when he spawns stuff during calypso or arkadia events.

Also what is dropped by cycling is also heavily constricted. ND has tried for a long time to get mining amps. He is constantly told that d-class amp has more cycled on it then any other PP combined(not including calypso). It makes up for about 1/3 of sold amps compared to calypso. Yes I have the numbers and am willing to share. So we do not get more mining amps. It is the same for looted guns/armor etc.

Please do not say it is all up to PP because if it was we would be on a much more even playing field across all planets. I am not saying that they should be free to do whatever they want but all planets should have access to the same or similar equipment.

I do not know how anyone can argue that there should not be a even playing field for PP.

The planet partners struggle for one simple reason and that is space. Remove that bullshit or at least make it optional by introducing free teleporters and open auction and I think we would see a lot more people around on all planets. I would hunt a lot more on other planets if it was like that but due to my limited time for playing I want to cycle peds when I log in and not fuck around in space in hours back/forth to sell my loot on a working auction (caly). I know I can save time by renting a MS but it's a hassle and it often takes time to arrange also.

My guess is that they do not dare to introduce teleporters again due to the simple fact that they don't want the playerbase so spread out and they refuse to see what a big failure space really is.

PP are struggling because they don´t have enough own players that started at their planet.

It was never intended that people from Caly move to other planets to make this other planets successful!
It was intended that PP advertise their planets themselves to get more new players into the plattform at this other planets, and make this planets successfull!

Actually we have some planets that completely failed.
Ark did a very good job, imho a huge number of Ark players really started at Ark, beside that ones who moved from Caly to Ark.
RT is surviving, and ND took some of his fans with him onto his planet. Don´t know about his efforts to get new players. I think RT has not enough own players. Trade there is artificially dead there. Auction is nearly empty.

Toulan is new, time will show.

Moving through spaces to other planets shouldn´t be easy. Actual system is not that bad.
Competition between planets, well we have it a way I don´t like. PP try to get players from other planets by offering loots (items) that have better stats than that from other planets. Thats wrong way!
Competition between planets should just be a better storyline, nice mission chains and such things and not offering the better items.

I partly agree with OP.
If Caly is allowed to drop ELM weapons, it should be allowed for PP to drop weapons with exactly the same stats during events, too.
Events shouldn´t be limited by MA, so if PP decides to do big event it should be allowed, no matter if there is an event running on any other planet (migration/mayhem).
New items introduced should be done the way, that every planet gets an option to introduce his own new item, with exactly the same stats.
If done that way, there wouldn´t be the need for PP citizens to move through space to get such items, they could stay at their homeplanet and grind there with the same chance than any other planet.

To be honest, I think that actually a lot non Caly players grind at Caly to get this ELM weapons, because there is no option at other planets to get it. And that is definately wrong.

Loot pools need players to fill them its that simple. The fact we have too much space and not enough players is the next problem. I love Ark but it simple does not have enough players to have its economy grow and be stable. Thats why I always end up back on Caly. I can afford to depo $50-$75 per month and if I wanna go spend a few days on Ark it costs me $6-$10 return trip, Ark has alot of MU items that I MUST return to Caly to sell due to lack of buyers on Ark, this is why it MUST be a return trip! The lack of HoF's on Ark (also other planets) is due to the lack of players filling the loot pools.

We in closing have too much space with not enough players! So Caly will always win!

Reactions: Mac
I think MA should protect caly to keep original resources and other things, why i should move to other planets? I was born on caly and do not see a reason to fly somewhere go get that i had on caly for years.

it is just simply as it is.
People going there, where the best chance is to geting some loot. If a eomon event is, most of us all hunt eomon, about best chance to win some loot. If you hunt other creatures, while eomon event, your loot is most a pain.
If at ark is a big event, most of us all move just to ark ... and so on.
If a planet loot a nice item, all ppl hunt on that planet.

So the idea, that some items, and some UL stuff can be loot at every planet, is may not so a bad idea.
I think the main problem of Entropia is the lootsystem. Most bad was to remove big hofs from small and medium creatures like Atrox. Since you cant loot 10-20k hofs at Atrox, not a lot ppl hunt them.
same with daikiba, since the big hofes are removed, not a lot hunt them...
How fun was it, to loot 1k from a daikiba young, also when that only happen 2-4 times per year. This gave you the hope, that your loved hunt mob maybe loot some big, once the time and luck is comming.

Removing big hofs from small and medium creatures, killed all that hope, and none hunt this mobs now.

problem is we have way to less players for so many planets, I would say atm we we have only enough players for 1 Main planet and 2 asteroids max :laugh:

There is an undeniable conflict of interest in the one who dictates, inhibits and governs over the other planets, having their own planet.

A bit like the one who regulates all the local shops,having their own shop. Should be one or t'other.

But what's to be done? Selling off calypso would cause uproar, and possibly be a fatal move. Splitting into subsidiaries or the like is just a paper exercise. Selling the universe is selling the core of the game and would be ludicrous.. .

Last edited:
By promoting continuous Caly events and dropping thousands of high end items which other PPs are not allowed to do is causing great harm to the planet partners. Each Caly event has amazing prizes. Events on other PPs never have anything close! Failing planet partners is not a good look for EU MindArk. This is why the other big space MMOs are doing so well.

A bit like the one who regulates all the local shops,having their own shop. Should be one or t'other.

But what's to be done? Selling off calypso would cause uproar, and possibly be a fatal move. Splitting into subsidiaries or the like is just a paper exercise. Selling the universe is selling the core of the game and would be ludicrous.. .

I once had the idea that the introduction of CLD's and the talk about an upcoming "democracy", whatever that may mean, was intended to resolve this conflict of interest by transferring ownership to shareholders. I don't know the contractual details of the new CLD(X) land holdings, if they might be a step in that direction. Only thing I know is to hope for nothing until it is done...

I have said it before and will again, they need to bring the planets closer together.

40mins fight, nah I only get about 2 hours every other day to play this game now, I am not wasting 40 mins, going to a planet.

Yes this has been long drawn debate but space needs to be bigger and with that lootable space removed given a good reason why people would still want to use Warp. And with that the key being that more people without lootable space would want to go to other planets.

PP's don't seem to do much to attract new players, but hey may be wrong as I'm not looking for it.

This has been an odd one and is the main problem which I'm guessing is due to MA not giving them back enough money to be able to promote.

At the end the OP is very right MA does need to re-think what they are doing and make EU as a hole.

Then again..maybe MA found this to be to hard and is why they have started other projects and selling off the EU platform? :(

I think MA should protect caly to keep original resources and other things, why i should move to other planets? I was born on caly and do not see a reason to fly somewhere go get that i had on caly for years.

Not once did anyone say that caly can't keep what they have. Not at all, not anywhere.

To be honest, I think that actually a lot non Caly players grind at Caly to get this ELM weapons, because there is no option at other planets to get it. And that is definately wrong.

Yep...I would rather be out exploring all the other planets, but I am forced to hunt Eomon (even though I finished every Eomon mission weeks ago) because of the great E.L.M fiasco...The mu is too good and unfortunately anyone who can kill an Eomon is forced to be on caly if they know how to follow the mu. But I disagree with the rest of your post about leaving space the way it is :D

Lastly, many of you make the point about space (that I agree with too). And it is true, fixing it is a nightmare, and you could mess up a lot of ship owners and people that spent tons of time and money there. Idk...get rid of the transport issues helps all the planets though...so I would just go back to tps, give all ship owners tp deeds with income based off of the space tp traffic, and make space a big fun zone with some pvp, some non pvp, and a ton of mobs and some random mining destinations. Give people a reason to cycle there, and they will. Right now, only 2-3 people hunt there consistently. Make it better, but make it easier to avoid. That's what I would do.

Anyway, ty for all the great posts people.

Last edited:
PP are struggling because they don´t have enough own players that started at their planet.

It was never intended that people from Caly move to other planets to make this other planets successful!
It was intended that PP advertise their planets themselves to get more new players into the plattform at this other planets, and make this planets successfull!

Actually we have some planets that completely failed.
Ark did a very good job, imho a huge number of Ark players really started at Ark, beside that ones who moved from Caly to Ark.
RT is surviving, and ND took some of his fans with him onto his planet. Don´t know about his efforts to get new players. I think RT has not enough own players. Trade there is artificially dead there. Auction is nearly empty.

Toulan is new, time will show.

Moving through spaces to other planets shouldn´t be easy. Actual system is not that bad.
Competition between planets, well we have it a way I don´t like. PP try to get players from other planets by offering loots (items) that have better stats than that from other planets. Thats wrong way!
Competition between planets should just be a better storyline, nice mission chains and such things and not offering the better items.

I partly agree with OP.
If Caly is allowed to drop ELM weapons, it should be allowed for PP to drop weapons with exactly the same stats during events, too.
Events shouldn´t be limited by MA, so if PP decides to do big event it should be allowed, no matter if there is an event running on any other planet (migration/mayhem).
New items introduced should be done the way, that every planet gets an option to introduce his own new item, with exactly the same stats.
If done that way, there wouldn´t be the need for PP citizens to move through space to get such items, they could stay at their homeplanet and grind there with the same chance than any other planet.

Way to much text but I read the first two lines and just want to say that It doesn't matter what was intended but how it works today. Now everyone sees that the activity is on caly and goes there. Tbh it's the only working auction in the universe also so I get them. So when they join and leavy planet fast it will never grow in playerbase. Put teleporters back and problem is solved :)

And it is true, fixing it is a nightmare, and you could mess up a lot of ship owners and people that spent tons of time and money there.

It happened many times before, MA is not good to balance existing game and economy when introducing new items, new functions and new systems.

When MA introduced vehicle and ship systems they messed with sweat prices, TP chips prices, wormhole chip prices and services prices.
It was not enough but they added revival terminals to beacons to f... a little also resurection chip owners ect.
Wormhole in space was forbidden and latter disabled.
Instead of that - ship owners have summon function witch do not use ME or any other consumable, witch do not decay and witch do not require any skills.
Big part of MF dreams was killed.
Many changes in all professions in EU was done without looking if it could mess up players who spent tons of time and money.

There is a term that is used in game development that ultimate dictates whether or not a game is successful.. it is critical mass. It is the tipping point in which said game (planet) is self sustaining and can prosper without critical dependencies on the loyal few. The only planet that has it is calypso for all the reasons already stated: prohibitive auction system, space travel that takes longer than real life commutes, and rare item restrictions. Ark is close but ultimately driven by lucrative events by land owners and most importantly the contributions of the loyal base.. which is a good start but hurt by restrictions. Rocktropia IS growing but terribly slow. The others... well.. some try.. others are in default and should be reconciled and well, it is a mess.

I have said it before and will again, they need to bring the planets closer together.

40mins fight, nah I only get about 2 hours every other day to play this game now, I am not wasting 40 mins, going to a planet.

A planet I don't know and quite frankly don't have the time to learn it when I'm having fun on caly.

Only way PP can grow will be to attract new players, that stay on their planets. Which from my understanding was MA's intention all along, no? I mean i may be wrong.

PP's don't seem to do much to attract new players, but hey may be wrong as I'm not looking for it.

You are able to support you're mother ship owners by using the warp services they provide for a small fee you will be anywhere in the universe in minutes.

I think it's mostly the Planet Partners that are screwing up a lot of things or are not performing as good as they should. They just did not have the resources or will to really try to make it work, only Arkadia have actually done well with what I think is a bit limited resources from the start. Cyrene was big let down after all the nice talk from them. Rocktropia was also a lot of talk, little action at the end of the day. I like the music concept they talked about at the start. But did not happen much with that. Some others we don't need to name.

It's not so strange that Calypso sometimes comes first, because most players are on Calypso, so improving and fixing things there first improves or fix a problem for more players than fixing a problem on Rocktropia.

And one thing, I wonder how much marketing Rocktropia and Cyrene have done? Can't be much?

You are able to support you're mother ship owners by using the warp services they provide for a small fee you will be anywhere in the universe in minutes.

It's to much of a hassle to bother with it. Put back teleporters and the problem is solved.

TOTALLY agree. I would be more apt to "jump" over to Ark or RT if it wasn't a huge time commitment, decay on thruster, fuel, planet landing fee, and mosquito bites that are pirates. I don't like lootable space as it is set up, but that's another issue really. The thing is - the patrolled lootable space amounts to almost nothing compared to the distances. Once you get past a planet you basically will NEVER see anyone - so all that travel time is a waste. Sure you can take a VIP warp (cost and not always available). I'm also not saying these items need removed/changed I'm just saying this all contributes to why people may not go to other planets often or move around the universe.
I pretty much gave up on other planets totally. Here is why currently: (not even gonna talk about NI!) Ark has no sound FFS for long time and they haven't fixed it, half of RT got shut down and restructured, half of Cyrene also got closed and restructured, missions have been removed or changed on many of the planets, items have been removed (Fanoos), and 9/10 I really can never find anyone to buy any of my loots. It's not like i'm getting huge MUs on Calypso, but at least there are traders often and auction orders (I know planets have SOME, but I've found myself TTing stuff - rather than save up and pay a warp fee to transfer it back to calypso- pretty much negates much of the MU)

I at one time thought the competition would be good actually - like how free markets work. Ark having an event? Well maybe Calypso has one too - makes each push to do more and promote their planet more. It does seem the case of Calypso stepping on other planets toes, putting others second (or worse) and making it near impossible for them to realize their dream.

After investing some time and interest in Cyrene missions awhile back - they changed them up a lot. Well, enough for me to pause before I jump into the new long current mission chain. Am I going to start and then a few months from now they close the planet? Who the hell knows...... speaking of which.... has Cyrene ever had a hard launch or Ark even????

taco is right ! MindArk should stop it

(+ rep for taco ! :tongue2: )

It happened many times before, MA is not good to balance existing game and economy when introducing new items, new functions and new systems.

When MA introduced vehicle and ship systems they messed with sweat prices, TP chips prices, wormhole chip prices and services prices.
It was not enough but they added revival terminals to beacons to f... a little also resurection chip owners ect.
Wormhole in space was forbidden and latter disabled.
Instead of that - ship owners have summon function witch do not use ME or any other consumable, witch do not decay and witch do not require any skills.
Big part of MF dreams was killed.
Many changes in all professions in EU was done without looking if it could mess up players who spent tons of time and money.

i could add tamer to the list also ... u gone need twice or more lvls of your taming lvl in evade ...

i am lvl 56pet tamer and 57 handler and cant tame a lvl 73 mob on rocktropia , just because my evade is to low with lvl 45 ... ffs we never got much evade from taming or skilling pets so whats the points ?!

hen I saw the planet partner concept I knew it would fail. And it is failing...
When I saw the CLD concept I knew it would fail.... MA got fast cash and they will not be able to gather it in the future.

MA need to make some radical changes to get back on track. The way it is going now it will surely fail.

Thinking of what to do since I dont like this situation and I still have nice cash in game....

One of my old threads... so many things I could add there ... just sad...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...942-Game-Systems-Getting-Destroyed&highlight=

Last edited:
i could add tamer to the list also ... u gone need twice or more lvls of your taming lvl in evade ...

i am lvl 56pet tamer and 57 handler and cant tame a lvl 73 mob on rocktropia , just because my evade is to low with lvl 45 ... ffs we never got much evade from taming or skilling pets so whats the points ?!

Agree.
Taming should give a lot of evade, strength and big amount of HP.
Yes HP.
Let me ask - for what an space pilot need HP in space? (and Pilot skill give a lot of HP)
Isn't more logic that Tamer get HP as he need it for his profession?

Why all things should be easy??
i like it in hard way, i like challenge. I don't want easy way.

In monkey situation, i think it is best pet so far, and no other planet has similar. All super rare rabbits not require any tamer level that is similar to Rocktropian pets.

Nd made huge mistake by letting out all kong map parts to win in events when 4 participants and 3 places .

taco, juicy,linzey and me - we got our idols in very hard way. And i was happy by having fun becaus it was something unique. Now it is no fun and no interest. System was made awsome, and awsome planet, but planet moderator made it not interesting by giving away all items that had some worth.

//mg Joda VVV VVV

Last edited:
MindArk has taken its eyes off the road to focus on Compet. EU is in danger economically as they are not managing item drop rates nor player investments well which is causing huge swings in value and players are losing money. Depositors are the only reason this game functions and has a loot pool. If no one deposits because confidence is lost in the investment of rare items then that is a huge problem. Why would I deposit 30000 Ped for a new weapon when MA will release 100 of them the following week. There was a time when rare items were rare and they held their value. Now it is a complete shambles. Pets with estimated values in thousands of Ped which end up worth nothing weeks later. I have lost all confidence in the game economy as MA is not managing it well at all. I would ask that the person who manages the balancing be interviewed.

:lolup::laugh:

Just buy the Scared Kong pet from Joda and be done with it! :silly2:

Hey...I just realized!!!

after reading that post...you understand less about software licensing than I do!

Brick

I would ask that the person who manages the balancing be interviewed.

They must have hired a new guy who introduced the pokemons and then took the team down the slippery slope to even more ridiculous stuff. Then the strongbox diarrhea of pills and rings that killed the fledgling stables business. Introducing more pets and rendering them obsolete in the same breath. Who did they get, Homer Simpson? That one ought to be fired first. And then make the unique rings drop as a reward for putting the yapping, meowing, squeaking, and pokemon pest in the juicer.

They must have hired a new guy who introduced the pokemons and then took the team down the slippery slope to even more ridiculous stuff. Then the strongbox diarrhea of pills and rings that killed the fledgling stables business. Introducing more pets and rendering them obsolete in the same breath. Who did they get, Homer Simpson? That one ought to be fired first. And then make the unique rings drop as a reward for putting the yapping, meowing, squeaking, and pokemon pest in the juicer.

Yes remember that they do have a new CEO.

after reading that post...you understand less about software licensing than I do!

Brick

Explain for me.

Don't just make some smart ass comment without substance and an explanation of at least who you were talking to.

Getting sick of coward-posts.

Taco

ps And if you are talking about the pp revenue model, yeah I know that can't be changed, but I still can think it is dumb, because we all know MA has every reason to keep all the cycling at caly...

Last edited:
Back