Are you able to sell what you craft? (not to TT)

Do you sell most of your crafted goods? (not to TT)

• yes

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • no

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters

MBlackstone

Provider
Society
NBK Squadron
Margaret "Maggie" Blackstone
hey everyone -

I'm an old player (this avatar since '08) but I haven't played much in recent times. I've been spending a little more time in-game lately, and have more $$ to put into it. A lot has changed.

One of the main activities I was getting into before I stopped playing a lot was weapon crafting. I'd like to pick that back up, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to approach it with the way the game is set up now. I've seen the "what are your crafting goals" thread here and it doesn't paint a terribly hopeful picture. In the past, I always had the long term goal of making weapons to sell, and also to use myself. Specifically longblades. I have always had a hard time finding BPs for weapons that are worth using, and even then, I can't seem to get anyone to buy at auction, even at low prices. right now I'm sitting on a pile of Cleric Dagger 1Cs and a full Rutic Blix with 0 action. the Blix is actually decent eco too.. none sold at auction since '13. weird.

So anyway, I guess my big question for the crafting community is - are you selling most of what you craft, or is it all TT food?

I have many other questions, like where are you selling, how do you figure out what people are buying often (another downside to being out of the game so long), etc. but I figured the above question was a good enough place to start.

I voted 'yes' but at the same time I have to vote 'no' since I really never sold any of my crafted items but store them for a better time when they have a higher MU or are needed in the Auction House Orders.

To be honest I'm not going to vote because I was away of the game for some time now and returned about a month ago!
But can't ignore to give an answer from my experience (playing since January 2013).

The answer is simple and depends of what you choose to craft.
If you choose to craft TT food ofc you not going to sell anything.

I craft things I need but also some weapons or gear I can sell and there is demand for those.
I craft TT food if I need residue and I have the mats needed for it.
I never craft hoping to get "glory" (HoF-global).

So I could vote yes.

Last edited:
It depends on what you craft.. If you craft some UL bp with easy to get materials and bp is also very common. You can be sure it is not worth selling on auction.

But if you craft Limited bps it can be well worth it. For example higher level amps that have markup over 130% and higher can be crafted for profits, if you get blueprint at decent enough price. (usually the prices of bps are automatically close to current market situation, so on average run you break even, this can change (when some material starts dropping more frequently etc)

I myself tt anything that is under 110% (last week tt´ed over 100 achilles amps and many other low level amps because it isnt worth to wait until they sell on auction)

If you want to become a profiting crafter you need either one rare UL bp OR constant eye on auction so you know at what price is what bp worth buying.

For example if you can get cheap gold ingots achilles III bp is goldmine atm (you can get bps under 100k%, and even at 200% markup on gold, it can be profiting)

But remember that after each run you need time to sell your products before the price changes due to other crafters taking advantage of the situation.

There are some factors here that influence your sales
-new players and some not much new, rather use laser weapons instead of blp or melee (that would explain your pile of 1Cs)

-MA screwed everyone with tons of new L weapons
-worldwide crisis?!?!

Most of what I craft is sold on the first time I put on auction I even sold a couple of L clothing.

Bad poll.

Missing: some times
Missing: most times

Actually I manage to sell all my components crafted
Skilling crafts often go directly to TT, waste of time to sell items that have 1-2 PED MU and doing 1k+ craft runs on that - just for skilling

I always manage to sell my resiude with MU, sometimes I use it myself
If used myself I normally manage to sell all the items I crafted using the residue.

If items (L) not really sellable, I craft that without residue but on condition in hope to get some full TT items that way. Only try to sell the full TT ones. Sometimes I also try to sell those between 75% to 100% condition, everything below wents directly into TT.

Trying to sell all crafted items, often locks to much PED, as sales in large quantity can take its time.

Solution is craft less and sell all or craft only if out of stocks.

As most of my crafting is components that normally get sold (if not used myself for items), I voted YES.
Correct it should be: most time

Regards

and happy crafting all !

Yes
You can see ~50% of my crafted items in my two shops
But there is also residue, generated from items which cannot be sold.
Yes, I play in gambling, from time to time. My biggest HoF in manufacturing comes from gambling (condition), second by size (~2 weeks ago) - on quantity. But mostly I manufacture to sell, not for TT :)

I only craft goods for markup, and rarely have items unsold. But a huge reason for that is my massive investment in blueprints to afford me the flexibility to work with any situation.

I personally would never try to click cleric dagger 1c's and blix as a staple markup good. Look for rarer items, better bps to focus on. One reason you already know...the volume isn't there. Without volume...sales will take forever, and time is money.

I tend to sell only 1 of any kind of item at a time to keep a good variety on auction at all times (if I could I would use 60 slots 24/7 instead of 20 and still have a variety), except for some high volume goods like mining amps and plates where I might do a batch.

That said, there are times I've made big runs on markup goods and decided to TT much of it in order to unlock the peds vs wait however long it might take to sell it. Or in cases of some rare items or low turnover, TT the excess to keep the market values up.

I could tell a sad story of hundreds upon hundreds of now +25 ped mark.6a plates I personally tt'd...but they were emergency tt'd in order to get rare bps that paid well since, and kept the markups from completely tanking at the time, so its not too sad.

Absolutely yes.

With one exception I only craft to replace the items I have already sold. This means I am not a high volume grindy crafter, making 1 to 5 items at a time, but I am able to consistently profit.
I make weapons, armour, faps, and related attachments.

I don't melee gear cos I don't see profit in it for the crafter.

The exception is texturing. I craft my looted hides into textures, make furniture to apply the textures to and TT the end result. This is all using loot I would have TTd anyway so I just convert some of the value to skills on the way to the TT.

Honestly, I craft exclusively explosive projectiles. As such, the "product" goes into the TT, and the "byproduct" (residue) gets sold for nominal (100.8%) markup. Why do I craft these? Honestly, it's pretty much because I don't have time to actively play anymore. I bought a lot of Calypso Land Deeds when they first went on the market, and having been a long time player I felt bad about just logging in to withdraw. So I cycle my CLD peds through the crafting machine to "give back" to the lootpool and encourage others to play through my globals before I withdraw. I'm currently experimenting with the long term effects of crafting explosive projectiles, so I'm not immediately withdrawing peds after a crafting run but rather cycling them through several times. We'll see where it goes, at the end of the day I'm okay taking a loss since the PEDs came to me without a withdrawal anyways.

- Captain Jack

Edit: A soc-mate has successfully talked me into crafting other things. I am now experimenting widely.

Last edited:
Back