"All natural" skilled Avatars

If you consider mission rewards disqualifying for "all natural" then there are no "all natural" avatars any more.

Are people really going to hunt something (that in most cases will get them a reward for stage 1 for 100 kills) and not accept the reward?

I dont have a problem with people chipping in or out, its a legitimate part of the game and has been for a decade plus.

PS: I wonder if that guy in the OP does arm wrestling for a living? :lift:

Agree, there is no way that an avatar can progress on high levels today as was possible in past with old school methods.
Skill gain system changed, environment changed, atributes gain afer 100+ changed, mobs changed etc.
One need to seek new oportunityes, new ways and similar.
For example repairing spaceship give more skills now than crafters got in all this years using old methods.
Ofc eating skill gain pills will provide even more and in the end chiping will be even more and super fast.

But who knows - maybe this

Maybe this we should take as the tried and tested recipe for a cure...

hehe, it was a joke man, I used to do it too, it just sounded so dirty :D

I see quite a few very high skilled Avatars that are very eager to point out that they are "All Natural Skilled". And when you take a look at their stats it's all asymmetrically balanced.

Brings me to think about "All Natural" bodybuilders... What I am saying is if you look like this, you're not "All Natural". And honestly, who really cares if you chipped a bit?

79e4dbca6e13325a6bb7f15e11b756c9.jpg

some ppl care, do you care?

Do you care enough to take action? ^^

Attributes can't be chipped in or out, and when you see a grand master in something, that has 42 agility and 23 strength, well... You get my point.
Exactly. Or if u see a Grand Master with 130 AGI it's pretty much obvious this guy hasn't chipped in much.
This is what "all natural" means, there's no point in trying to pretend we don't know the meaning. Unless u jealous? :p

Is skilling without chipping in better than buying skills? Well, that's a whole another question. Attributes are pretty much worthless nowadays, and prices of some skills so low that it's often smarter to buy than skill naturally. It's RCE, so in the end it's all about playing smart. If someone says it's stupid to skill natually it's very hard to argue with this, regretfully.

Agree, there is no way that an avatar can progress on high levels today as was possible in past with old school methods.]

Not true. My top profession is level 105 or maybe 106, without any chipping, and I never got any advantage from those old school methods. I did play for about 6 months before they changed the skill system, but most of that for me was sweating, and I only had about 20k skills by the time it changed, and those early skills were actually harder to gain then they are now. The only advantage I had were the higher starting attributes which are almost completely useless.

I've just been here a long time and kept playing actively and steadily throughout.

I think it's now easier than ever - certainly than any time since 2006 - to get to high levels without chipping, and there are many people who have done it. These days it's more about putting the money in. If you're prepared to deposit enough to keep grinding for hours every day you can get to high levels way quicker than was possible before, thanks to skill boosts, pills and buffs of various kinds, tiered items enabling higher turnover, etc etc.

I can think of several players who have played for 2, 3 years, maybe less, who have got to similar levels to mine by maximising skilling opportunities in that way. They've all deposited craploads of money, way more than I ever have or could, and whether it's worth it I can't say, but it can be done if you have the funds and the motivation to do it that way.

Exactly. Or if u see a Grand Master with 130 AGI it's pretty much obvious this guy hasn't chipped in much.
This is what "all natural" means, there's no point in trying to pretend we don't know the meaning. Unless u jealous? :p

Is skilling without chipping in better than buying skills? Well, that's a whole another question. Attributes are pretty much worthless nowadays, and prices of some skills so low that it's often smarter to buy than skill naturally. It's RCE, so in the end it's all about playing smart. If someone says it's stupid to skill natually it's very hard to argue with this, regretfully.

You're kinda missing the point I made. I didn't say there's anything wrong in chipping, I do it too. But some feel they need to insist that they are "all natural" for some reason.

Not true. My top profession is level 105 or maybe 106, without any chipping, and I never got any advantage from those old school methods. I did play for about 6 months before they changed the skill system, but most of that for me was sweating, and I only had about 20k skills by the time it changed, and those early skills were actually harder to gain then they are now. The only advantage I had were the higher starting attributes which are almost completely useless.

I've just been here a long time and kept playing actively and steadily throughout.

I think it's now easier than ever - certainly than any time since 2006 - to get to high levels without chipping, and there are many people who have done it. These days it's more about putting the money in. If you're prepared to deposit enough to keep grinding for hours every day you can get to high levels way quicker than was possible before, thanks to skill boosts, pills and buffs of various kinds, tiered items enabling higher turnover, etc etc.

I can think of several players who have played for 2, 3 years, maybe less, who have got to similar levels to mine by maximising skilling opportunities in that way. They've all deposited craploads of money, way more than I ever have or could, and whether it's worth it I can't say, but it can be done if you have the funds and the motivation to do it that way.

Today new avatar can pass 2k rifle "naturally" in few days using right gear and enough money for what we needed year or two specially to pass so called skill walls.
But is also true that skill gain is changed and today you cant progress on high lvls using TT weapons with same amount of time, effort and with same cost.
I mentioned ring and ppl shooting there on fapper. They used TT weapons like M2201 or fists like aggressio.
Because it was fun, didn't cost much and gave a lot of skills.
Another reason for doing so is that all weapons needed lvl 100 to max them and no SIB.

So what is not true for you?
Don't tell me that you are going on Entropia Master by shooting punyes with opalo lol.

I did one profession in system as is now and that profession (Mind Force) was handicapped from start with not many chips to chose, with no SIB at that time and even with not enough ammo (ME) at disposition.
And yes is doable but for what effort, price and most important - time?
Do you know how many TT fists you need to decay for one single skill point when having an decent lvl in brawler.
And how much time and money is needed for that single point?
Its for sure no way to go, need more DPS, bigger mobs, a lot more decay on armor, fap and weapon.
Today once you pass 5k in one skill, skill curve become very hard and once passed 10k skill progress is pretty flattered and attribute gain (as avatar progress incentive) so slow that we can consider it stopped.

not a single pec chipped in or out ever =)

But is also true that skill gain is changed and today you cant progress on high lvls using TT weapons with same amount of time, effort and with same cost...
...Because it was fun, didn't cost much and gave a lot of skills.

Off topic, this is how much different PE is now to back then. The ability to gain skills and level up at little cost and at a reasonable, achievable pace without implants or rewards from missions. You didn't need fancy weapons or SIB or pills or shit like this. I would grab a bunch of TT fists and shortblades and run around PA on the small mobs, or put on some pixie and scan a exa, or find a bug and use my FAP5. Attributes raised surely but steadily and was a different sense of achievement. Since then the shift in the game means than you need to invest to gain those skills. It's all about the money.

Nowadays I care less about skills and attributes as I can't easily gain them in the way I use to - it costs too much. It only means i don't have access to certain chances because I can't tackle the bigger mobs due to my HP. The only attribute I'm likely to be able to increase a bit easily than others is Psyche as it's still low (in the 40s) but my personal circumstances mean I don't have the time or money to spend in game, so those skill increases will happen over a far longer period of time. Plus, I'm not able to pursue those missions or challenges that reward attributes or good amount of skills because of that.

Aeris_is_back said:
not a single pec chipped in or out ever =)

This is a good thing. Proof that there are avatars out there - and I do believe there are - that can happily progress without having to chip, but to gain those immensely high skills it's a matter of longevity and commitment of time and money I guess. It can be done!

But it doesn't has to be done ;)

"Problem" with EU is the open end. No classic End Game with max lvl.
So there has to be this extremely slow skill/attribute gain at higher levels.

If it would be fast in high lvls a new guy would never have the chance to get close to that high lvl. And yes, that would be bad because no one would start playing this if you tell them you need to play 10 years to be no noob anymore. Like this you can get fast into mid-skilled but then it starts getting slow.

In my opinion chipping is good. Gives us the feeling of our skills being worth smth and new players the chance to play the game at the lvl they want to. It is not like you have to chip in. But if you want to play with high PED cycle it is a nice shortcut to get there. Everything good for MA and the players.

But one thing is true: 10 years ago I hunted to improve my skills. Today I hunt mainly for the fun and skill wise for the attributes. Skills are just needed for the HP :cool:

But it doesn't has to be done ;)

"Problem" with EU is the open end. No classic End Game with max lvl.
So there has to be this extremely slow skill/attribute gain at higher levels.

If it would be fast in high lvls a new guy would never have the chance to get close to that high lvl. And yes, that would be bad because no one would start playing this if you tell them you need to play 10 years to be no noob anymore. Like this you can get fast into mid-skilled but then it starts getting slow.

In my opinion chipping is good. Gives us the feeling of our skills being worth smth and new players the chance to play the game at the lvl they want to. It is not like you have to chip in. But if you want to play with high PED cycle it is a nice shortcut to get there. Everything good for MA and the players.

But one thing is true: 10 years ago I hunted to improve my skills. Today I hunt mainly for the fun and skill wise for the attributes. Skills are just needed for the HP :cool:

It's been a while since I verified this, so it may be changed, but as far as I know max level in any profession is 200, and max attributes is 500 per attribute.

Heard smh like that. But probably its some kind of soft-cap.
And atm with so few >lvl100 weapons its actually some kind of "endgame". Just the evade/hp will always improve your gameplay until you reach soft cap. Or is there anyone with high evade profession who can say that he or she evades every mob at maxed %? ;)

Heard smh like that. But probably its some kind of soft-cap.
And atm with so few >lvl100 weapons its actually some kind of "endgame". Just the evade/hp will always improve your gameplay until you reach soft cap. Or is there anyone with high evade profession who can say that he or she evades every mob at maxed %? ;)
Evade can never block all hits, even at lvl 100+ punies still manage to hit you now and then. They hit much less often ofc but they never stop completely.
Also, different mobs react differently - once you have passed the required evade level trox suddenly stops hitting you. The change is so abrupt and so drastic it's like completely different mob. Chompers on the other end of this scale will miss you little more often but the change is barely noticeable. In average, passing the required evade level for certain mob has clearly noticeable economic effect thou:
Also if it wasnt for my evader level my defense cost would be at least 1% more (which means i 'saved' 5k peds past 7 weeks only due to my 'devalued' skills).

What about skill-cap, it's quite well balanced in EU. I can say from my own experience the progress is still surprisingly fast close to lvl 90 and judging by joda's, Star's and Linzey's achievements it doesn't slow down much well beyond lvl 100 either. You have to use weapons and hunt mobs appropriate for your level ofc, can't do it with opalo. Which in my book reads like proper/fair way to balance those things, not a nerf.
There has to be a soft cap somewhere ofc, seems reasonable that near prof lvl 200 our progress will slow down so much that it becomes barely noticeable, sth like attributes past lvl 100.

I can state that I am all-natural...never ate a single chip. Because you know, you can never have just one. :D I'm proud of the fact I've never chea-- er...chipped. ;)

I wonder how many mid- to high-level avatars are truly all-natural? I doubt very many exist.

I can state that I am all-natural...never ate a single chip. Because you know, you can never have just one. :D I'm proud of the fact I've never chea-- er...chipped. ;)

I wonder how many mid- to high-level avatars are truly all-natural? I doubt very many exist.

i chipped out an lot but never in(besides pilotskill for the hp)
and im level 132

Tons of mid and mid-high level never chipped.

I chipped most skills out one time around 2010, and I ate a few since then, like when I won one in the mining event, or half a level at L79.50 when I couldn't wait any longer for KS...but I have chipped out 10-20 times whatever I chipped in.

Eating some chips doesn't mean you chipped, if you chip out way more than you eat.

And I suspect there are MANY players like me that are L80-90 that chipped out more than they ever chipped in.

Sure there are a few that ate tons of chips, but most haven't.

And anyways this distinction is stupid. It's just like when people brag about being a non-depositor...great! You sold your time in game instead of outside of it. Time is money. Therefore all are depositors.

If someone chips in some skill, it doesn't mean the ones who didn't are cooler, it means the ones who didn't never won a free chip, or was excited enough about a new unlock, or using some cool new weapon they looted, to say "fuck it...I will chip a bit for this so I can start using it now"...so what?

Last edited:
And anyways this distinction is stupid. It's just like when people brag about being a non-depositor...great! You sold your time in game instead of outside of it. Time is money. Therefore all are depositors.

Well w/o chipping its way harder to reach a certain level. Also without depositing this game becomes harder. So full bragging rights. Just not for you

Well w/o chipping its way harder to reach a certain level. Also without depositing this game becomes harder. So full bragging rights. Just not for you

Congrats on making your life harder? Ok ....gratz! :eyecrazy:

Or maybe...GZ! for making the game more boring longer!

Oh I know...GZ! for doing 3 months of sweating when you first started. Those avatars who sweated are SO much smarter than the ones who bought the Gold Pack and they deserve praise and accolades!!!

I understand people doing it as a challenge, and respect that, but when they start bragging, I start laughing.

Last edited:
Congrats on making your life harder? Ok ....gratz! :eyecrazy:

Or maybe...GZ! for making the game more boring longer!

Oh I know...GZ! for doing 3 months of sweating when you first started. Those avatars who sweated are SO much smarter than the ones who bought the Gold Pack and they deserve praise and accolades!!!

I understand people doing it as a challenge, and respect that, but when they start bragging, I start laughing.

azrfio1.jpg

I, for one...

...just remember old ring with faper in center and all shooting, fisting for hours...

...am glad one of the VUs eradicated this issue...

Brick

...am glad one of the VUs eradicated this issue...

Brick

One of hmm "issues" was created by MA.

First Land Grab had skill and profession cap.
Players could participate only if skilled enough or owning an estate.
SIB weapons did not exist.
Chipping did not exist so ofc ppl tried to skill up using all a viable methods.

Well there was always someone who had issues.
Probably average loot in ring (decay fest) was too good and to many top weapons dropped?

And to be clear I didn't mean to offend you.
Its just that game developer create ways to play.
For example - Acid pol so many times mentioned - it was MA to tell us abot and announced in VU content - browse old VU and see. Well we had healing pols too and many other things

As for ring - it exist today too.

Its just built in different environment and have some different texture and color.

Don't tell me that Space pilot get Pilot skills only exclusively in battle with other ships?

Or that ppl get Vehicle Repairing skills only during space ships battle.

Its just another type of "ring" where ppl decay their tools, consume Oil, Welding Wire endlessly for hours and hours.

And I don't see an issue.

I chipped in, i chipped out.... what am i?;)

If you did it in game where chiping is not possible or is not allowed and where depositing and withdrawn is not possible then you are cheater and bad e-bay dude lol.

But if you happen to play EU then sorry why do you ask such questions, get a mentor :)
You are all "natural" and normal according to RCE gameplay.

Reactions: SHY
If you did it in game where chiping is not possible or is not allowed and where depositing and withdrawn is not possible then you are cheater and bad e-bay dude lol.

But if you happen to play EU then sorry why do you ask such questions, get a mentor :)
You are all "natural" and normal according to RCE gameplay.

Was just a question asked as a joke :laugh:

Back