Question: Stable Owners - Please show us some respect.

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
Dearest MindArk,

Please explain: How the stables are still simply "claim rods"? Is a building really that hard to add? Can't you just copy/paste the one already located at Ithica?

Please explain: Why there is now a fee to add buffs? There was already almost no income, then they added a fee to offer buffs.

Please explain: Why really the main buff included on stables is currently NOT WORKING? The health buff is not functional and hasn't been for over 2 months. What is the reason for this? Why can't it be fixed when it was working just fine before?

Please explain: Why have we not received the compensation we are due for the resets of stable buffs we added a few VU's ago? We were told we'd get compensation for the whole month even if it was added the last day.

Changes

[*]Stable buffs will be reset due to technical reasons. We apologize for any inconvenience; stable owners will be compensated with the full buff activation cost, regardless of remaining buff duration.

Originally Posted Here

Please explain: Why we are the ones "testing" the HP Buff by adding more money to something that isn't being compensated back to us after failing? The only way to know if the buffs are fixed each time a VU comes is to go pay and try it. Does that really make sense?

None of this seems fair to me or the others involved in our investment group. Why is it that we purchased something for so much PED and are starting to feel it doesn't even exist?

Thanks,

Star

P.S. This isn't a whining thread or an attack on MA. It is simply to question why the stables seem to be completely overlooked at this point. A time like migration is the best time to have active buffs like increased HP, yet we can't offer this service to the players.

Last edited:
All this is the exact same business model for PP's...

Make them pay money, then charge them for everything they try to add.

You forgot to mention the not working speed buff :)

Same reason why you need to pay $15,000 USD for a teleporter on your LA for 3 minutes of effort... because they can.

Can only support this, it also seems strange that so many similar/competing buffs got added over strongboxes for which stacking issues have not yet been solved and which make certain stable buffs redundant/less appealing.

This tendancy of selling a product in beta-stage and then just to move on and not bother of adding promised features for a very long time has been ongoing far to long in entropia already - please finish/fix what has been started and already sold:
taming/stables (as mentioned in first post as well as the urgent need to improve stable features for them to be more competeable against strongboxes)
space (missing content (mobs/missions)/bugfixes/design issues)/spaceships (missing sales features since 4+ years and counting)/ hangars (degraded to storage places)
banks (still just pawn shops)
(broken) shops
Calypso Land Deeds (all landplots have sold and still no use / no new landplots added/ other promised features still due since many years
etc.

I am the owner of the Toulan stable. I fully agree with Mercury: Stables today are useless, and all the questions he asks are completely relevant.

I hope you guys get some answers, it would be really inspiring to a new player like myself to see an actual response from the "devs" or whoever.

I think the real value in stables will come with the pet auction facility that was mentioned during the sale. I would assume that somehow they will have single auction which maybe lists from which stable the pet was added. Maybe they might share all revenue equally across stables, who knows. It will be a nice earner though long term for sure.

I did wonder why the HP buffs were not listed at stables, now I know. I suspect there's a problem with added HP and loot, and the only reason I say that is the first guys that tried out the new rings with more HP, were hitting big. That suggests the old rumour that HP gain is the driver to returns, might have been true.....smiles.

I remember having a quick chat with Star at the time of the stable sales, mentioning it was a risk to buy a stable with no visual stable. I don't get satisfaction for being proved right, it's a shame I was. I suspect MA might not even use stables as was originally planned on the drawing board, I don't think battles will be at stables now. I think all pets will port somehow to compet for battles. The main driver for this is justify the new software and make it busy and active, as that will drive new players, looking at it from a business point of view. This; funny enough might actually make compet deed an attractive proposition.

So I think a lot is up in the air, although I would stick to my guns big time on the pet auction if I owned a stable.

Another interesting thing is pets with focus unlock are very popular, I really like those pets myself. I would rather see 6 hour buffs to be honest. I don't want to work on a single pet for 24 hours, nor will I be online for 24 hours to use the whole buff. I think more people would buy a pet type training buff for 4 - 6 hours.

There's money in pets, big money, I think MA are probably shocked how popular they are. MA do like all the pie, it worries me their approach to investments. I don't like these off plan purchases, although people will still pay, because greed rules here, both sides of the fence.

Hang in there, push for auction. Hope you get buffs sorted.

Rick

Last edited:
Ok well, it always difficult to respond to a Star post, when he was around a few years before me and knows details of the game that I dont.

Putting that to one side, this has happened before with the Malls & the Banks. Hell, how long did Neverdie wait for that stadium for CND? Deathifier waited for something too iifc. Oh and I wont mention the Egg, ah sh..

Were there missing features for Medusa Island ? How about Monria - is everything promised, now delivered there?

Mindark do promise more than they can deliver "on time" - you do realise that taming took 4 years to be delivered back to Entropians, many of which left us sadly in that time.

But they do deliver - just usually not on time. :)

I understand completely your frustration, but the Stables I think will take a 2nd place after the CLD plot developments, because they are already 1 year past their delivery deadline.

I had no idea that there were just a claim marker, someone from Mindark really should at a very minimum put the buildings where they should be - to not do so is shoddy and quite frankly insulting to those who paid for them.

Finally, I hope stables are returned back to how they used to be, and as players have shelled out hard cash, they absolutely should be.

Stables as I remember them:

And Stables having bugs, even in 2008:

someone from Mindark really should at a very minimum put the buildings where they should be - to not do so is shoddy and quite frankly insulting to those who paid for them.

I would have to agree.

It's bad enough when they start mindforce chip buffs and then completely forget about them when they introduce pills and rings and pets. But if you pay for a stable you should expect a bit more.

They are taking way way to long to make ComPet. It's a phone App/ game. Should not take this long. Meanwhile the garden is wilting.
MindArk, your biggest player has made a comment on your lack of progress in development and bringing online stables. You may want to take notice.

They are taking way way to long to make ComPet. It's a phone App/ game. Should not take this long.

I'm not disagreeing with you but to make a Angry Birds Fight & Clash of Clans App game 'properly' does take time. You only get one chance to launch an App, so it has to be right on release.

I'll let you check those games out, because that is pretty much what they are making from the details so far forthcoming, and I think they are on the right track personally.

Make sure it's on Google Play and Itunes from Day one, and it'll be a hit.

It's bad enough when they start mindforce chip buffs and then completely forget about them when they introduce pills and rings and pets. But if you pay for a stable you should expect a bit more.

Why do you think this? Stables were sold. Some people bought them. oop's

Why do you think this? Stables were sold. Some people bought them. oop's

Maybe because if you buy something and it's broke you expected it to be fixed. Seriously, think before a moronic post like this.

+ it's not "his" first investement.. if it doesn't get fixed it might be his last tho

Be prepared for a long waiting time!

Reminds me of the bugged Cave Shops at New Oxfort, bugged from start.
Over two year untill we got propper compensation in form of working Deer Mall Shops :D

Sometimes MA support needs a lot time to fix something.

Ok well, it always difficult to respond to a Star post, when he was around a few years before me and knows details of the game that I dont.

Putting that to one side, this has happened before with the Malls & the Banks. Hell, how long did Neverdie wait for that stadium for CND? Deathifier waited for something too iifc. Oh and I wont mention the Egg, ah sh..

+ it's not "his" first investement.. if it doesn't get fixed it might be his last tho

It isn't as though I didn't know this could happen. The main difference between the stables and other investments: there was actually a way the others could succeed without MA delivering the "final parts".

There's just about no real use to a claim that hardly anyone can locate with a cost to the owner to "add buffs" and the most desirable buff missing. How is someone to get their money back in a system like this? Even at the start bid of 20k, there's no way to ever see that back with the current system.

Can confirm the HP buff now is active and applied to Port Atlantis stable.

2 HP buffs there and 1 Focus buff! :yay:

Back