Shop Register & Delivery Service

Shop Register and Delivery Service - Good or Bad?

• Shop Register and Delivery Service is a great idea

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Shop Register is a good idea (but not the delivery part)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Both ideas are bad ideas

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I don´t care at all

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
Shop Register
A listing with categories such as the auction but with items from Shops.

It is a big hassle to run around and search for specific shops or even to compare the prices of shops. This is one reason why the Malls and other Shoping areas are not well working. There are well known and good managed shops but that requires a lot of efford outside of EU - such as websites and postings on forums ect.

Shop Delivery Service

It should be possible to buy items via the Shop Register.

Once an item has been bought you can either:

a) Fetch the item at the shop via the Shop Estate Terminal or a new specific item such as a "Shop Manager" (like the Shopkeeper Pad).
b) Get the item deliverd to your Inventory for a fee. (1.5PED within 12h or 3 PED instant)

If the shop is not on your current Planet the delivery fees are additional to the existing fees. An instant delivery would cost at max 3PED Planatary Delivery Fee + 6PED Interstellar Fee = 9PED

Delivery Job

Once an item has been sold with delivery service, a Delivery Mission will be available. Once the misson has been accepted, you will need to:
a) Visit the Shop
b) Deliver (Box) to a specific Terminal somewhere on the Planet or to a Hangar if it is an interstellar delivery.
The reward is either 1 PED or 1.5 PED of the Planatary Delivery Fee (Rest for MA/ First Planet). This could be a great (real) Job for noobs if the Delivery Missions are limited by Skillpoints.

Hi,
obviously I think it is a great idea :laugh:

Now there is already 1 vote that both ideas are bad ideas and 2 votes from people who don´t like the delivery idea.

Here are 2 reasons why I think people could vote like that:
1. "Premium Location" Shop owners.
They paid a lot for a good located Shop and most of them already put a lot of efford in advertising. A Shop register could "devaluate" this investment.
- I think this could happen, but only to a very limited extend. Unless someone uses the delivery option, a prime location is still very valuable.

2. "Home Shop" owners - those who don´t have a Shop but lots of Shopkeeper Pads in an Appartment.
- Yes, that would not work very well anymore since those people would need to have a very strong advertising on PCF and other websites. But hey - get a shop :D

:scratch2: What i don´t understand is why people don´t like the delivery idea. It is totally optional and would create nice little Missions for noobs who might stay in EU. Please let me (us) know why you think the delivery idea is a bad idea. Thank!

It is a good idea.
Delivery missions can be excellent addition!
Not for new players but....
for everyone that have a "cargo ship"!!!! (coming up at next VU near you :smoke:)

Wonderful idea.

Especially the delivery service. Opening jobs up to new players will help encourage them to stay.

I think shop/booth/shopkeeper owners should have an option to list their items in auction, with monthly fee introduced again. And add delivery options to that. This would make the trading thrive and prosper again, give an extra edge to the ppl that invest in shops.

I think shop/booth/shopkeeper owners should have an option to list their items in auction, with monthly fee introduced again. And add delivery options to that. This would make the trading thrive and prosper again, give an extra edge to the ppl that invest in shops.

I'm not going to pay for placement at the auction, it is too expensive, given the already available tax in the Shop.

what i recall shop tax used to be better than auction fee?

any way there shouldnt be fee+fee in my suggestion, my suggestion is to make it slighly better to own a shop with the ability to list items in shop on auction then just use the auction.

When i owned a shop i was in the begining against the idea to list the items in auction, but as time went by i have realalized that it would be the the only thing that would want me to get a shop again.

im glad that i got the money back from investing in a shop, nowadays i wouldnt pay 500 peds for the same shop as the system are today.

what i recall shop tax used to be better than auction fee?

any way there shouldnt be fee+fee in my suggestion, my suggestion is to make it slighly better to own a shop with the ability to list items in shop on auction then just use the auction.

When i owned a shop i was in the begining against the idea to list the items in auction, but as time went by i have realalized that it would be the the only thing that would want me to get a shop again.

im glad that i got the money back from investing in a shop, nowadays i wouldnt pay 500 peds for the same shop as the system are today.

I am willing to disagree with you (about investing), because I'm pleased with how works my shop. And I'm not willing to sell it for less than 40000-50000 PED.

About OP wishes. Yes, for me it would be convenient if there was only an information system, but uncomfortable, if players can buy directly and deliver as from auction. I would not have time to replace the items, because there are goods in my Shop, which are way cheaper than the auction price, they used to attract buyers, and I'm not interested that all these items will be bought by speculators and trade bots in one time.

..snip.... I would not have time to replace the items, because there are goods in my Shop, which are way cheaper than the auction price, they used to attract buyers, and I'm not interested that all these items will be bought by speculators and trade bots in one time.

With a Shop Register as suggested you would not need such "attraction Items" - just good prices on your normal stuff.

Btw, seems like noobs should camp your shop to grab all those amazing offers :)

With a Shop Register as suggested you would not need such "attraction Items" - just good prices on your normal stuff.

Btw, seems like noobs should camp your shop to grab all those amazing offers :)

This happens regularly. But there are limited number of these items, and noobs usually have a limited amount of money, it turns out that noobs can not buy everything, but 'money bags' disdain my Shops because of the small number of these goods and because they need a trip to shop (they are lazy) :)

With delivery option there would not be a 'money bags' disdain and all will be sold in minutes...

This happens regularly. But there are limited number of these items, and noobs usually have a limited amount of money, it turns out that noobs can not buy everything, but 'money bags' disdain my Shops because of the small number of these goods and because they need a trip to shop (they are lazy) :)

With delivery option there would not be a 'money bags' disdain and all will be sold in minutes...

So you simply don´t offer these items anymore if there is a Shop Register with Delivery... where is the problem with that? Only "problem" is see is that there will be the option to compare prices in different Shops...

So you simply don´t offer these items anymore if there is a Shop Register with Delivery... where is the problem with that? Only "problem" is see is that there will be the option to compare prices in different Shops...

I do not mind to compare.
But I like when players come and buy. Then what for all these decorations, signs and other stuff?
Just ask MA for '100 extra auction slots Deed' for 10000 ped and there is no problem ...

I do not mind to compare.
But I like when players come and buy. Then what for all these decorations, signs and other stuff?
Just ask MA for '100 extra auction slots Deed' for 10000 ped and there is no problem ...

Either the buyer will visit your shop himself or the delivery boy (or girl) aka noob aka future customer will do so. I bet that shops will have lots of more visitors than before...

Either the buyer will visit your shop himself or the delivery boy (or girl) aka noob aka future customer will do so. I bet that shops will have lots of more visitors than before...

Well, I have enough visitors atm, and not complaining.

But my thought bout '100 extra auction slots Deed' is genious, no?
10 extra auction slots...
20 ...
50 ...
Just 0.01 PED, sellable, tradable and more, and more...
Do you hear me, MA? :laugh:

Almost zero work, more income for MA :)

My thoughts

It is a good idea, but whether it can be implemented successfully is the question.
Shop owners already have to deal with shop taxes, add another charge for shop register & delivery,
it may be difficult to compete with the auction.
A new task for newbies would be great, there would be plenty looking to earn peds.
Price competition might get out of hand, smaller shops might end up with much less business.
Which would be bad for the malls in general.
The best option would be a very small charge for shops.:yup:

shop register is highly needed imho. maybe just a list which items are sold in which shop.
maybe with prices.

the buying/delivery option is definatly worth thinking about. might need some improvements on the idea but is very interesting,especially if you can buy/order things from other planets shops!

I love the idea to make delivery missions for players available to get the stuff delivered to whoever bought it. ofc there need to be a way to secure the items so they dont get lost or hold by the deliverer, maybe they just carry a deed or something and not the real item..whatever. but the idea is awesome.

Why does no noob simply offer to make this service himself. For a small fee of say 5 ped a month, PER SHOP. The noob can go each week, possibly more often then weekly and update all wares and costs in each shop that pays for the fee, then host a list somewhere.

Noob gets fat stacks, we get our list.

Back