Can you have more than one account ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have read several different threads about this and it seemed to be a bit confused so I as ask Tech support and here is what they said:

Hi Coz

Thank you for contacting us.

The answer is, no you can't have more than one account active.

This is stated in our EULA and ToU.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

That's fairly clear and it took about an hour to open the case, reply and close:).

Doesn't matter.. people have them anyway.. "family"

Doesn't matter.. people have them anyway.. "family"

indeed...

I was searching player registry for someone the other day and noticed a 'family' that had exactly the same first and second name but was numbered from 1 all the way up to about 38 or so.
Wish I could remember who it was,if I do I'll post it so you can see it,I found it pretty funny that it was so obvious.

Nothing MA can really do about it though unless they start blocking IP's and that can get messy and doesn't help with vpn's.

People will always find a way around it.

Hi Coz

Thank you for contacting us.

The answer is, no you can't have more than one account active.

This is stated in our EULA and ToU.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

As we all know we can't have them but they are out there everywhere these days. But his reply does bring up a few more questions. As he stated we can't have more than 1 account actively online at one time?:confused::scratch2::lolup:

As we all know we can't have them but they are out there everywhere these days. But his reply does bring up a few more questions. As he stated we can't have more than 1 account actively online at one time?:confused::scratch2::lolup:

Active in this context means that if you delete an account you can create another one.

You can have accounts on the same IP for wife, children, grandparents, cousins, dog, cat and panda. All those who enjoy the game in your house.

You can have accounts on the same IP for wife, children, grandparents, cousins, dog, cat and panda. All those who enjoy the game in your house.

An account must be held by a natural person who can supply valid identification documents at MindArk's request.
Children must be able to prove they are over the age of 13.

That might be a problem for the 'dog, cat and panda'.

Not to mention any of your family who might object to you using hijacking their personal identity so you can play a game. :wise:

An account must be held by a natural person who can supply valid identification documents at MindArk's request.
Children must be able to prove they are over the age of 13.

That might be a problem for the 'dog, cat and panda'.

Not to mention any of your family who might object to you using hijacking their personal identity so you can play a game. :wise:

What about the MS owners who have more than one account? In the past I warned them about it which MA may one day come and banned the account with the MS locked in the banned account...but years later they still have dual accounts and MA really hasn't done anything about it. So yes, it's just fun joking around about this but well they are not really backing it up. And yes a dog and cat CAN have email accounts too. :laugh:

What about the MS owners who have more than one account? In the past I warned them about it which MA may one day come and banned the account with the MS locked in the banned account...but years later they still have dual accounts and MA really hasn't done anything about it. So yes, it's just fun joking around about this but well they are not really backing it up. And yes a dog and cat CAN have email accounts too. :laugh:

Not sure what MS means?

Not sure what MS means?

"MotherShip"

I know of one person who claimed to have permission to have a soc alt. There are a lot of people who have alt accounts, especially crafters and resellers. I think MA needs to make up their mind what their policy is and enforce it. They adversely affect the economy.

i can confirm that you can create multiple accounts using same personal details and nothing will happen in a decade if you don't abuse it, so don't be afraid, but more important, don't abuse!

I have a account, my brother has one, my girl has one too.. I sometimes log on in them, don't see the problem here :)

I have heard that you may ask for special permission to have second acount, if there is a logical reason to have one, and MA may give that special permission.

Example:
LA owners, who want to seperate landmanagement from playing account.
Bank owners, who want to seperate business from playing account.

Don´t know if this is true or just rumor, but it sounds ok to me, if MA gives special permission to second accounts for such reasons.

I have heard that you may ask for special permission to have second acount, if there is a logical reason to have one, and MA may give that special permission.

Example:

I've seen the bank owning avatar names (well, of course, they are on the estate terminal for the bank).

But, I haven't seen any avatars like that for land areas, at least not officially looking ones. Though, I Think MA leaves them alone, as long as they don't do anything fishy. The most famous land ownning avatar is probably the Q one...

I have a account, my brother has one, my girl has one too.. I sometimes log on in them, don't see the problem here :)

According to EULA, I Think the avatar owner (ie your brother, your girl etc) is not allowed to give "third party" (ie you) the right to use it (=log in as it). So if they have given you their password, then it's them who is breaking the rules.

it seems to me MA says NO but implies YES when those accounts spends peds and MA makes a bit of money from them

Bank owners, who want to seperate business from playing account.....

As I recall, entitlement to a separate 'bank manager' account was part of the original sale specifications at the time the banks were auctioned by MindArk.

Example:

Don´t know if this is true or just rumor, but it sounds ok to me, if MA gives special permission to second accounts for such reasons.

You used to be allowed to have a separate account for renting hangars so that the claiming could be done at minimal risk without collateral.

Unless memory fails me, I'm quite certain I was in contact with support regarding the matter as I was about to rent one myself. This would have been around.... 2007 or so.

You used to be allowed to have a separate account for renting hangars so that the claiming could be done at minimal risk without collateral.

Unless memory fails me, I'm quite certain I was in contact with support regarding the matter as I was about to rent one myself. This would have been around.... 2007 or so.

In December 2007, MindArk redesigned things so that the pilot had to be carrying the hangar deed to operate the ship.
That effectively prevented the renting of hangars without collateral (in most cases).
From then until VU10, 'new' pilots were generally actual players.

In December 2007, MindArk redesigned things so that the pilot had to be carrying the hangar deed to operate the ship.
That effectively prevented the renting of hangars without collateral (in most cases).

As of last october when I sold MacReady, this was not the case. I held the deed while the pilot had 'claimed rights' to the mothership. (same for xxiv before that as well)

Even tho it says you can not in EULA, in all actuality you can.

There are many many people in the game who have ALT avatars. Im not sure how they do it but I can say that a tremendous number of people are getting away with it. If it were just a few people we would know it was not allowed.

But since there is an epidemic of players actively using alternate account we can be sure it is being allowed.

So go ahead make 10 accounts are more, does not seem to matter...

Even tho it says you can not in EULA, in all actuality you can.

There are many many people in the game who have ALT avatars. Im not sure how they do it but I can say that a tremendous number of people are getting away with it. If it were just a few people we would know it was not allowed.

But since there is an epidemic of players actively using alternate account we can be sure it is being allowed.

So go ahead make 10 accounts are more, does not seem to matter...

It is like saying Driving while heaviliy intoxicated is allowed, because some ppl do it.
Having a second avatar is in most cases against the EULA, although there have been few cases, like banking licences where MA allowed participants to create bank manager avatars.

The fact that many ppl do it, doesnt say it is allowed, it says that many ppl are risking their avatars and real money to gain advantage over other players. I know for a fact that some ppl like this have been banned for using multiple avatars and i am sure overtime amount of those players will grow. In some cases there is nothing MA can do (for example one crafter familiy, who seems to have done avatar for every single family member, and probably provided MA with copies of their identification cards or passports - in this case there is nothing MA can do, as helping a sibling ingame to sell stuff, is normal action reaction and it cant be said that one real life guy runs all those avatars, it can be whole family sitting in front of computer and playing by turns).

Having a second avatar is forbidden unless given special permission by MA. Thats it.

Isn't it also true that some top players have multiple accounts at different skill levels that they use to compete in lower level event brackets?

Isn't it also true that some top players have multiple accounts at different skill levels that they use to compete in lower level event brackets?

I doubt, i think most of those low level accounts are registered as their sisters and brothers so NO top player doesnt have two account, but his/her sister has one also, and to this avatar he lends his gear so she can win the event in that category.

It would be very stupid to have second account under false name (without ID proof) and lending them 100k worth of stuff as MA could easiliy lock it up and list those items on auction for fast income.

1. Having a sister is NOT against the rules
2. Having an second avatar is against the rules.
3. Sister having an avatar is NOT against the rules.

I doubt, i think most of those low level accounts are registered as their sisters and brothers so NO top player doesnt have two account, but his/her sister has one also, and to this avatar he lends his gear so she can win the event in that category.

It would be very stupid to have second account under false name (without ID proof) and lending them 100k worth of stuff as MA could easiliy lock it up and list those items on auction for fast income.

2. Having an second avatar is against the rules.
3. Sister having an avatar is NOT against the rules.

That's what I was referring to. It's pathetic and distasteful, and sad that MA allows it/makes no attempt to monitor such activities.

It is Crone's opinion that a rule is only a rule when it is enforced, if not, it is merely a suggestion.

Crone has two suspicions regarding this:
  1. MindArk's programming does not allow simple logical stuff like a cross reference between IP adresses and online times.
  2. MindArk does not care since it makes them money.

Crone would respect the second one since it is a choice made by the owner. Although it would be nice if it was made official. However, Crone would not agree.

The first one would be consistent with the LASER guns that use BLP ammo or the pet that bugs (fall to it's side) when you make it do a trick while it is already doing a trick on it's own.

Crone knows several well respected players with double accounts. He does not know if they are still being used. It could also be that these players are not so respected as Crone though. If you are interested, just do a search on avatar names and start on top of your friendslist working your way down. You will see the logic. Crone was pretty upset about this in the past. But since MindArk does not seem to care, neither does Crone.

Pfff... Not too long ago, around 20% of the world's population was not allowed to have a sister.

That's what I was referring to. It's pathetic and distasteful, and sad that MA allows it/makes no attempt to monitor such activities.

How can they? There is absolutely no way for MA to tell who is sitting behind computer. It is a battle that cant be won.
ONLY thing MA can do is ask for proof of ID if two different avatars play from same IP. If both IDs provided, there is nothing MA should or could do (unless there is somekind of othrer breach of EULA going on (market manipulation etc)). 2-5 people playing from same IP is totally normal for countries where families live together for decades (for economical reasons).

MA is asking and should only ask for proof of ID. With that done there is nothing else to be done.

As of last october when I sold MacReady, this was not the case. I held the deed while the pilot had 'claimed rights' to the mothership. (same for xxiv before that as well)

How exactly did that work? As far as I know / knew, no-one can claim rights unless they hold the deed in inventory and the claiming then clears the ship GL.

Not saying that you're wrong, you are much more experienced than I am, so I'd welcome your detailed explanation.

This is a bit off topic, so please PM me ingame, I am on your FL

How exactly did that work? As far as I know / knew, no-one can claim rights unless they hold the deed in inventory and the claiming then clears the ship GL.

Not saying that you're wrong, you are much more experienced than I am, so I'd welcome your detailed explanation.

This is a bit off topic, so please PM me ingame, I am on your FL

Having never done it myself, I can only speculate. I presume it is along the lines of -

Owner gives pilot deed, pilot claims rights. Pilot gives back owner the deed, owner does not claim rights. Therefore, Pilot still has the rights, and owner has the deed.

The trouble with that loophole is it means those who are owning and operating their own ships have to physically be online themselves, where as the "assigned" ships could be run by anyone behind the assigned rights holder, who is not necessarily the owner.

Do the rules allow it? No.

Can​ you? Definitely, with almost no chance of repercussion.

Back