Can you have more than one account ?

Currently you can do it, but you have a risk of getting your account suspended. Do it at your own risk.

Chances of getting caught is extremely low if you keep a low profile and do not use the same payment accounts.
I am guessing MA is low on manpower to thoroughly check the logs and thousands of active accounts :D

But, I haven't seen any avatars like that for land areas, at least not officially looking ones. Though, I Think MA leaves them alone, as long as they don't do anything fishy. The most famous land ownning avatar is probably the Q one...

Rofl, and actually you named one of the well known multis.

Q = Akoz

Maybe account registered on his mothers name (somewhere I have read that he did it that way, not sure if that is just another rumor).
Nothing wrong with that imho, as Q does nothing than operating the LAs, while Akoz is the player.

Owner gives pilot deed, pilot claims rights. Pilot gives back owner the deed, owner does not claim rights. Therefore, Pilot still has the rights, and owner has the deed.

almost.

But you can not trade the deed unless it is set as 'unusable' or something like that at the engineering terminal. (this was done to prevent issues with auctioning the deed while the ship was still actively moving around space)

Owner disables ship.
Owner trades deed to the pilot.
Pilot claims ship.
Pilot files support case asking deed be returned to owner.
Owner files support case referencing the support case # the pilot filed asking that the deed be returned.
MA transfers the deed to owner and the pilot retains rights to the ship until such a time as the owner (who now holds the deed) claims the ship again.

almost.

But you can not trade the deed unless it is set as 'unusable' or something like that at the engineering terminal. (this was done to prevent issues with auctioning the deed while the ship was still actively moving around space)

Owner disables ship.
Pilot claims ship.
Owner files support case referencing the support case # the pilot filed asking that the deed be returned.
MA transfers the deed to owner and the pilot retains rights to the ship until such a time as the owner (who now holds the deed) claims the ship again.

That's interesting, thanks for the proper description. So from that, since MA is involved, seems they have no issue with it ( or it went right over their heads! :laugh:).

That's interesting, thanks for the proper description. So from that, since MA is involved, seems they have no issue with it ( or it went right over their heads! :laugh:).

Personally, I'd go with the brackets......

Back to the main issue, I've seen avatar after avatar log on at a daily mission NPC which simply requires certain mats for the reward, log off - repeat with next...
We have alts (presumably) that can sit at space stations and watch for activity...
We have alts that can use more auction slots than the individual limit... (or so I am informed).

and yet MA says it is not allowed.

BUT - you are allowed to let someone else use your login - it is just not 'advised' by MA, and they say that is your risk.
We can thus have family members (or any people) who do not really play, but who can join up and allow their avatars to be used by 'others'. If MA asks, apparently they must be prepared to provide proof of their existence... that is all.

I find it crazy that this is the case, but it would appear that anyone who wants the use of a second avatar (or more) can actually do so according to MA's rules, even if MA do not advise it!

It is possible to ensure one account only but it is not cost effective...yet. (although it could be roughly done with some code and any webcam or mic)

Imagine that soon, all manufacturers will include bio metric readers in devices, many are beginning to roll them out. (fingerprint, voice, eye, face recognition, windows 10) If our biometrics were stored like a pin, it would end any alt accounts, as well as the need to carry wallets.

On one hand I would love if there was such a system in place.....on the other... I would not see nearly as many "avatars" playing, and the auction would probably be 20% as many pages.

In reality, if you have used any apps or services that utilize these kinds of recognition, your future login profile is already stored in some services, and you didn't even realize you were building it.

Microsoft already has the holy grail of biometric data in the world, thanks to Kinect, and Windows.

So here is to biometric ids at login: :drink:

.....to play the massive game with the other 20 one-account hold outs!

Until then... clearly MA has no intention of enforcing this rule, and I highly doubt they ever will start.

Technically, they have already allowed a pretty significant precedent to be set without taking action on alts. If someone lost all their stuff due to the use of an alt account, and took legal action, a court might side with the player over that precedent.

Owner disables ship.
Pilot claims ship.

"Pilot files support case asking deed be returned to owner." <-- Uh?

I Think it worked like this:
There were Three accounts involved:
- Ship owner
- Normal player
- Pilot account

The normal player registered an alt, with a certain username (login name) and password.
Normal player sends a message to ship owner with username and password.
Ship owner logins to pilot account, using the username and password given.
Ship owner trades deed from shop owner account to pilot account, claims ship and then returns the deed immediately.
Normal player now logs in with pilot account. Pilot account has claimed the ship but doesn't have deed.
Optionally, normal player Changes password for pilot account.

I don't Think it was ment to work like this; and because of "hangar renting" the price for hangars Went up from ~33k to the vicinity of 150k ped.

I don't Think support, under normal circumstances, would forcefully move the hangar deed from pilot account back to original hangar owner - there were cases when people got scammed and lost their hangar (one case was a disciple who borrowed deed and gave it to a friend and the other case was an out-of-game paypal trade that was cancelled after deed was traded ingame), and as far as i know they didn't get it back through support.

My personal view of it is, if it's for the "bigger good" I don't react on alts; but it alts are used to gain unfair advantages (auction slots, price hiking, scammer throwaway accounts or ubers using alts to conceal their trades in auction when Selling their loots). For the "bigger good" one case was the event (mytho something) that someone ran a few years ago. A border case but where I thought it was ok was "entropiatransport" that was offering free mothership rides through slowboating (it was a free service so it was a good option for beginners to travel in space, and becuase of the time needed I guess an alt practically was needed).

The Q account I Think was created after a certain auction bug was stumbled upon, the number "101" comes to mind.. I Think Monria is owned by Akoz and not Q.

Well I 'know' it can not work like you 'think' because a ship deed can not be traded unless it is disabled.
I 'know' it works the way I said, because I did it.

edit: no offense and not trying to be rude, but I don't understand why you would argue with me when I am explaining how it actually happened through personal experience and not through some hypothetical scenario.

<deleted...oops>

Well I 'know' it can not work like you 'think' because a ship deed can not be traded unless it is disabled.
I 'know' it works the way I said, because I did it.

edit: no offense and not trying to be rude, but I don't understand why you would argue with me when I am explaining how it actually happened through personal experience and not through some hypothetical scenario.

The first thing I referrred to was the hangars (Before VU10), not ship deeds. As far as I know, it was possible (until recently I guess) to trade estates without setting them in "restricted" mode (up to a year ago), or did it really work as you said pre-VU10 (sounds odd)... The way it worked Before VU10 (and MA removed hangar claim functionality) I Think is explained in one of the old threads here.

For vehicles I can imagine that it works differently, as, at least for normal vehicles, the guest list is zapped during trade.

The second thing is more like a question:
Do support really move a mothership deed from one avatar to Another? Does MA approve or condone second avatars when it comes to operation of motherships?

I Think what you are doing, practically, is what many ship operators want to do; but you are using a way around the system by using alt avatars to fly and using support to trade a deed that is not supposed to be tradeable - while the solution I Think serious mothership owners want, is to be able add "commanders" (preferably real avatars not alts) who are able to do things like summon passengers and manage guest list.

The problem by using alts in a business, is that many players would Think it would be convenient to have alts, but generally aren't allowed to, maybe some high level hunters think it's convenient to have a trade avatar to sell team loots in auction "to keep ped cards apart". Now I'm talking about cases where it is (was) done to gain a personal advantage (in trading, in hunting etc).

Last edited:
The first thing I referrred to was the hangars (Before VU10), not ship deeds. As far as I know, it was possible (until recently I guess) to trade estates without setting them in "restricted" mode (up to a year ago), or did it really work as you said pre-VU10 (sounds odd)... The way it worked Before VU10 (and MA removed hangar claim functionality) I Think is explained in one of the old threads here.

For vehicles I can imagine that it works differently, as, at least for normal vehicles, the guest list is zapped during trade.

The second thing is more like a question:
Do support really move a mothership deed from one avatar to Another? Does MA approve or condone second avatars when it comes to operation of motherships?

I Think what you are doing, practically, is what many ship operators want to do; but you are using a way around the system by using alt avatars to fly and using support to trade a deed that is not supposed to be tradeable - while the solution I Think serious mothership owners want, is to be able add "commanders" (preferably real avatars not alts) who are able to do things like summon passengers and manage guest list.

The problem by using alts in a business, is that many players would Think it would be convenient to have alts, but generally aren't allowed to, maybe some high level hunters think it's convenient to have a trade avatar to sell team loots in auction "to keep ped cards apart". Now I'm talking about cases where it is (was) done to gain a personal advantage (in trading, in hunting etc).

My apologies then for misunderstanding you.

I don't know exactly how long, but the 'restricted' requirement has been around a few years now. Its been ~1year since i sold MacReady and the restriction had been in place for quite a while at that time. (probably a couple of years even then)

As for your question.
I only know what I experienced, and we all know that support will tell two people two opposing things on the same day about the same case.

But here is my experience.

Before the restricted change, I could trade the deeds to my managers and they would claim the ships and give me back the deed as soon as I came back onto the ship. (it would kick me off the ship when they claimed it because of the cleared guest list).

After the change, I still held the deeds and they still had management rights. But one night really late when I had them warp me somewhere, somehow between a combination of lag and tiredness I clicked the wrong terminal in the corner when trying to tp off the privateer. (they are next to each other in the corner of the privateers) and ended up claiming the ship since I held the deed.

The next day I filed a support case asking how to fix the problem as lizzy (the manager of that ship) could not manage it anymore. Support is the one who told me to do the trade and request the deed be moved to my avatar, which is what we did, and it worked fine. (I can't remember if that happened more than once or not, but I know for sure that it did at least that once)

Edit: Also want to make it clear that my managers were not 'alts' but shared primary accounts created by legitimate people (not from my household).

Before the restricted change, I could trade the deeds to my managers and they would claim the ships and give me back the deed as soon as I came back onto the ship. (it would kick me off the ship when they claimed it because of the cleared guest list).

After the change, I still held the deeds and they still had management rights. But one night really late when I had them warp me somewhere, somehow between a combination of lag and tiredness I clicked the wrong terminal in the corner when trying to tp off the privateer. (they are next to each other in the corner of the privateers) and ended up claiming the ship since I held the deed.

I Think the reason for is was a two-step thing, that may not be obvious:

Up to say VU 11 or so, when a few people started to abuse "gateway" (previous gateway) gifts, MA started to Think about implementing items that weren't tradeable - and now we see it as the universal ammo for instance. Another item that you would get freely from missions was the MEDKIT (L) at the start of a mission on Rocktropia; I Think MA by the speed of it also changed that item to untradeable, to prevent beginners getting it and then immediately TT it.

Until say 2 years ago, you could freely trade apartment deeds.

Until then, it was no problem with it. However, then, MA started with mayhem instances and competitions, where you looted untradeable (stackable) mission items (ie feffox sacks). To get scores in the competition, you would turn in the sacks to a NPC to get scores added to your mission pointer. Now, the problem was that some people recalled the apartments, and figured out that you indeed were able to trade feffox sacks, by putting them in an apartment and trade the deed. Because of this, I Think MA implemented a block, so you weren't able to claim an apartment that contained untradeable deeds.

Next thing that happened, about a year ago, was that a player got scammed: He bought a furnished apartment, full with items. He checked out the apartment and got the apartment deed in pvp trade. As this was a PVP trade rather than an auction trade, there was no check that apartment was restricted. Now when he tried to claim the apartmet, at the moment full with items, he got a message saying that he wasn't able to claim the apartment, because there was an untradeable item in it (ie MEDKIT(L)). He sent support ticket about it, and Went to work. When he got home after work, he returned to the apartment and saw that it had been emptied. At this Point, I Think MA implemented this block to prevent estate buyers from buying estates that they can't claim.

At the moment, there is no use for that as you can't drop anything (including untradeable items) inside motherships... but imagine it would be a really cool idea if you *could* put unstackable items inside motherships, like furniture.

I should add, I Think you (well your mothership) did provide a good service back then with entropiatransports, for the time it lasted it was good that there was a free(*) way to travel between planets for beginners for instance who doesn't have any good way to pay the COSTs that there usually are to travel in space. It really filled a gap when it was there, to refer beginners who didn't have a single PED but needed to go to Another planet.

(*) Free: Well, there is unfortunately Always the cost of getting from space down to planet.

Last edited:
Thank you for contacting us.

The answer is, no you can't have more than one account active.

This is stated in our EULA and ToU.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Hank | Entropia Universe Support

That's fairly clear and it took about an hour to open the case, reply and close:).

Couldnt get my head around whats not allowed, not recommended in the EULA and ToFU stuff..
Then I found this in the FAQ Section, which did NOT clear things up.

-"What happens if I register more than one account?"
-"Off course we cannot stop you from creating a further account, but this contradicts our basic idea of the Entropia Universe as a place where you can interact with other participants via your virtual representation - your avatar.

You also need to be aware of that if one of your accounts is found guilty of contractual breach, any measures taken will include all accounts registered in your name."
(https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/account-issues/account-creation/)

I know my brain works like a little kid most of the time. But where can I find a straight answer with the consequences of "creating/having multiple accounts"?

I know my brain works like a little kid most of the time. But where can I find a straight answer with the consequences of "creating/having multiple accounts"?
There are no 'straight answers'... because Mindark treats some avatars 'more fair' than others...

Well Wirlo as i hear got locked due to having an army of alts...

You can have accounts on the same IP for wife, children, grandparents, cousins, dog, cat and panda. All those who enjoy the game in your house.

This is not true as you can see in opening post EULA states you can have only one account. Your wife, children, grandparents , cousins etc can have their own account. You can't have their account.

Couldnt get my head around whats not allowed, not recommended in the EULA and ToFU stuff..

-"Off course we cannot stop you from creating a further account, but this contradicts our basic idea of the Entropia Universe as a place where you can interact with other participants via your virtual representation - your avatar.

You also need to be aware of that if one of your accounts is found guilty of contractual breach, any measures taken will include all accounts registered in your name."
(https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/account-issues/account-creation/)

Thank you for that info it's very interesting because the advice given contradicts their own EULA because it's stating you can have more than one account. So effectively their own advice given encourages you to break the EULA! truly remarkable

Thank you for contacting us.

The answer is, no you can't have more than one account active.

"we cannot stop you" - if they banned you they would have stopped you meaning those that gt banned for having more than one have had them logged in at the same time or somehow had them interact via auctions perhaps which explains the other part of that statement.

"The answer is, no you can't have more than one account active."

To me the conclusion is yes you can have more than one so long as they are not active at the same time or i suppose affect each others actions, ie auctions sales, droping stuff, trades etc.

That is exactly how i read it - which is either correct or MA needs to be much clearer and leave less room for interpretation.

Back