(L) Item Fuse / Merge

• Yes, make (L) Fuseable

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No, bad idea ..

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • I don´t care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sounds like a good way to once again destroy the value that people have in certain items,

For example who would but an X5 UL if they could just buy a (L) and use this method to keep it at high tier with no tiering costs on the way to boot....

Sounds like a good way to once again destroy the value that people have in certain items,

For example who would but an X5 UL if they could just buy a (L) and use this method to keep it at high tier with no tiering costs on the way to boot....

This was exactly what I was thinking. This is kind of the point of there being UL weapons. You are able to repair an UL and not worry about it breaking. One could otherwise "repair" a desired L weapon continuously as long as it doesn't reach minimum condition. I realize OP suggested for auctioning purposes but the purpose would still be to"repair" a limited weapon.

Sorry guys, but this is unbelivable :mad: ... From start to now i did write it like ... what 5 times?
Its in the original very first post:

You can´t repair an L item! If you fuse / merge you loose all Tier!!!! 1+1= 1 new + Broken / PED value ....
Please read the suggestion and think for just a few seconds about...

I wouldn't generate new tirs just like that

say i loot 2 full guns with shit tirs, i merge them.. & get high tir, this will affect high tir gear aswell as UL tiering

Still no solution to mu used on residue with crafted stuff

I wouldn't generate new tirs just like that

say i loot 2 full guns with shit tirs, i merge them.. & get high tir, this will affect high tir gear aswell as UL tiering

Since you can´t Merge above full TT, this would not work. I made a difference between Items and BPs. With BPs there is no problem with endless merging.

But I take your concern seriously.
Is it possible to aim for a high Tier item with merging?
The answer is no since the dices will fall each time you merge.
Merge 2 items with 50% TT, you get one full item with random Tier and 3% (ped, broken item)
IF you are luky you get some nice Tier.

What if you merge multiple items successively to get a nice Tier?
Well, each time you Tier you might get nice Tiers. But at the end you will not get a Full TT nice Tier item for sure. Might be that the first merge gives you nice Tier but still low TT. Your last merge might give you full TT but bad Tiers.

I can´t see why this would affect the "High Tier" market (much). You get a "second chance" to "loot" (by merging) a high tier item, thats all. The market will not be flooded with high Tier items if this suggestion would be implemented as is.

say i have 2 shit tir items..
1 full (1shot done) 1 with 1 shot left..(not that hard to get if you use the same L stuff)
merge = tirs can be high for a very small cost.

Not sure what you mean about the crafting.
Are you saying to only merge BP or crafted guns aswell..
If it's crafted guns, then condition crafting & mu on residue comes to play

say i have 2 shit tir items..
1 full (1shot done) 1 with 1 shot left..(not that hard to get if you use the same L stuff)
merge = tirs can be high for a very small cost.

Not sure what you mean about the crafting.
Are you saying to only merge BP or crafted guns aswell..
If it's crafted guns, then condition crafting & mu on residue comes to play

Each time you merge, you get a random Tier and you pay a small fee (decay of Fuser).

You might end up with a worse Tier than you had before, or a better one. You can not force a good tier.
The chances are the same each time, no matter if you merge a 99% item with a 1% item or 2x 50% items.
To do what you think of (99+1) you will need LOTS of 1% (or one shot) items. So you buy (and/or shoot) or loot hundrets of items to maybe get a good Tier....

Crafting / BP (L):
No, i talk about BluePrints, such as Welding Wire (L). Its not too uncommon for a crafter to have lots of them, i had at one point around 120 BP of Welding Wire. They had from 100 Clicks to 10 clicks each.
If you want to craft them you constanly need to put a new BP in the crafing machine. You can´t sell them well at auction even they do have a good MU because you could only sell those with atlast 100 Clicks.

The Suggestion says that you can merge (L) BP unlimited = You might end up with a Welding Wire BP (L) with 1200 Clicks (12 PED Value) which you could easly sell on auction or craft in one row.

PS:
I don´t understand:
Which problem has not been adressed?
See here

Last edited:
People are not dicussing how important this would be for L blueprints, it would create actual market prices for the BP's and make them actually sellable even the crappier ones for like 101% if high enough TT value.

Each time you merge, you get a random Tier and you pay a small fee (decay of Fuser).

You might end up with a worse Tier than you had before, or a better one. You can not force a good tier.
The chances are the same each time, no matter if you merge a 99% item with a 1% item or 2x 50% items.
To do what you think of (99+1) you will need LOTS of 1% (or one shot) items. So you buy (and/or shoot) or loot hundrets of items to maybe get a good Tier....

Crafting / BP (L):
No, i talk about BluePrints, such as Welding Wire (L). Its not too uncommon for a crafter to have lots of them, i had at one point around 120 BP of Welding Wire. They had from 100 Clicks to 10 clicks each.
If you want to craft them you constanly need to put a new BP in the crafing machine. You can´t sell them well at auction even they do have a good MU because you could only sell those with atlast 100 Clicks.

The Suggestion says that you can merge (L) BP unlimited = You might end up with a Welding Wire BP (L) with 1200 Clicks (12 PED Value) which you could easly sell on auction or craft in one row.

PS:
I don´t understand:

Which problem has not been adressed?
See here

It's not that hard to get 100 guns with 1 shot left... it's cheap to stack & 1 L gun lasts what, 5h hunting at my level?
500h hunting is like 2 months or less shooting & it gives me 100 chances to get a high tir..
The mu of high tir guns mainly comes from events like mayhem when you need a lot of them to have a chance so ppl stock up on those a long time b4 the event.
It will be easier to get high tir guns then normal so it reduces mu of it. it also directly affects tiering of UL guns.

pls note that there is a diffrence between TIR & TIER
TIR are the numbers wich makes the speed of tiering
TIER is the tier number the gun is currently at (0-10)

As for residue markup, we don't know what MA's longterm plan is but there was a time when it had serious mu & they might wonna go back to that in a few years

It's not that hard to get 100 guns with 1 shot left... it's cheap to stack & 1 L gun lasts what, 5h hunting at my level?
500h hunting is like 2 months or less shooting & it gives me 100 chances to get a high tir..
The mu of high tir guns mainly comes from events like mayhem when you need a lot of them to have a chance so ppl stock up on those a long time b4 the event.
It will be easier to get high tir guns then normal so it reduces mu of it. it also directly affects tiering of UL guns.

As for residue markup, we don't know what MA's longterm plan is but there was a time when it had serious mu & they might wonna go back to that in a few years

You are right, i did not made a diff. between Tier and TIR. The TIR Numbers are random, a Fused item will be at Tier 0. I will correct my first post.

Even if you get 100 chances to get a good TIR item. If MA is really concerned about that, what would they have to do?
One thing: Change the probability to get a high TIR item by Fusing items. Thats all and its just a few lines of code - really like mabye 10 lines max...

I highly doubt that MA will get back to high Res prices.
a) The Gamblers love Explosives = Tons of Res
b) Low MU on RES means the MU for Ores, Enmatters and Looted stuff can be higher
c) Items can be crafter cheaper = More sales of items and ingredients.

could easily be fixed that the new item will stay close to the average tier rate of both weapons used... meaning if you had one weapon of really high tiers you could only marginaly increase the tiers and tt of the other gun....but if you merged 100 then you'd need half of them atleast with high tiers

If the chance of high tir is very low, then I don't have a real problem with the system
It's gonna be a lot of balancing work & we all know how hard the balancing team works :D

It's hard to say what the future brings. I think mu on L stuff is a good thing, if it's balanced good
Sure, you might think, what a dick, he uses UL stuff only but there used to be a time when I used L stuff only..
The big diffrence with now was that the mu on guns depended on the dps you wanted.
breer P5 was low dps but cheap as hell, HL14-15 was a lot better dps but you had to pay for it..
higher dps means you can kill bigger mobs more efficently & used to result in better mu in loot.
OFC some idiot had to come up with improved loot to make ALL MOBS WORTH HUNTING lol
epic fail & hard to go back but who knows.. maybe one day.
I am sure however that it would be a better system where mu on dmg enhancers etc can be justified.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, go do a hunt on small aurli's, then hire a fapper & go do big ones & check the diffrence in the loottable.. there is none, not even in oils
as for guns in loottables..
feffoid ; korss
sumima ; lr53
scip; hl8-hl12 (i think, could be 14, not sure)
chomper ; hl15
krelt with higher regen ; X5
So bigger mob ment higher dps gun to loot with more mu

Back