T-Shirts from Entropia Store

Q: How many programmers and designers are needed to make a T-shirt?
A: [insert funny answer here]

A: No one. Why they are needed, if everything can be bought in China? :laugh:

You think it ridiculous, but I think this is the right step in promoting the game. Current management of the company is different, MA have a serious intention to make the game as much popular as possible, and they do not want to leave EU as exclusive club for the rich fantastical fellows (I do not want to offend anyone :laugh: ).
All what we see now, should have been done 10 years ago. But also now - better than never

Sorry it isn't a right way to promote the game, thats childish and not professional for a million dollar company! Such merchandise is "on top" to a right and strategical media-campaign.

If the Company would invest in a really good advertise campaign (worldwide) and use different communication channel (social media, tv, radio station, professional journals, and so on - but i don't see such strategy, this has to improve by Mindark and the Planet Partner. Only one thing - social media strategy - its a shame that this company don't know anything to use this possibility - "Entropia-Universe" 13k people like this on Facebook... :laugh: thats nothing!

Fact: Only with a media-strategy and a good media campaign is the way to contact other non-players to initiate the possibility to join the game.

Sorry it isn't a right way to promote the game, thats childish and not professional for a million dollar company! Such merchandise is "on top" to a right and strategical media-campaign.

If the Company would invest in a really good advertise campaign (worldwide) and use different communication channel (social media, tv, radio station, professional journals, and so on - but i don't see such strategy, this has to improve by Mindark and the Planet Partner. Only one thing - social media strategy - its a shame that this company don't know anything to use this possibility - "Entropia-Universe" 13k people like this on Facebook... :laugh: thats nothing!

Fact: Only with a media-strategy and a good media campaign is the way to contact other non-players to initiate the possibility to join the game.

All brilliant ideas, but i failed to see link to your RCE game that you are successfully advertising. Big time advertising takes a lot of money, surely MA would advertise more if they had more money. They cant grab too much for advertising, otherwise there will be hundreds of threads on forum complaining : "New advertisements make my loot suck, i quit " etc etc... There has to be fine balance, but t- shirts is the a nice beginning. So unless you have better and actually working solution i would recommend not to be so harsh on them.

Well Neverdie has a contest coming up and he likes to do things big so maybe he pushed for them to sell official EU gear so it can be worn at an event he may have coming up.

Not sure if you all have see some of his past contest parties they are virtual and RL so this may have something to do with it.

Anyways I would like to participate in his contest it is just kind of sad I am no competition for the big boys that will surely be in the finals.

They are starting small.

You can't fault them for trying to make the game more solvent and to promote the game. People have been wanting these things for a while. Now you get them and it is some grand conspiracy.

TV ads are very expensive.. they can't afford many of those primetime ads since they cost millions. This money comes from our cycling and they aren't getting that much to blow on 1 30 second ad. Games like these require cheap advertisement like something viral. They could have spent the money they used on the castle on marketing but that's in the past and we/they need to focus on the present and future.

Their adword campaign is going to be mostly wasted. Ad words are either a scam due to false clicks (which Google won't reimburse the advertiser) or mostly ineffective since it weighs to heavily on things you already know about or have searched about. I know this from having used it for 4 years.

Enjoy the new gear.. it is a very small profit margin on these things anyway.

MA should pay us to wear them.. :wise:

It's not the 1st game company I've brought t-shirts from, only recently brought a couple of Elite Dangerous t-shirts from their store.

Anything that helps the game(s) I play is a good thing, that being this and Elite.

But yes, they should put something other than just E or Entropia Universe on them, as people would be inclined to Google something that looked ok, other than a name they will read in passing and forget about 30 seconds later, but it's a start :)

I will buy the t-shirt. See if anyone spots me out and about!

I really hoped they would follow the trend ingame and make a shirt that should have been black but is kinda greyish, with a misplaced logo somewhere.

Really wanted a shirt like that :(

Sorry, but I will not order this T-Shirt.
Because I did not get keychain with Equus logo.
Probably it was stolen in the our Post office... :scratch2:
I must declare, that today I received keychain with Equus logo. Therefore thank you MA, customs service and post office! :laugh: So, after money coming, which I ordered to withdraw, I'll think about buying clothes with EU logo ;)

Back