Appartment Meta-Buff

Meta-Buff with Appartments?

• Yes, this benefits all - good idea

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • No, bad idea... and i have reasons i will post ;)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I don´t care / Stopp making suggestions...

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
Hi,
as its now Appartments are not very usefull. Its fun to decorate them and you can even set up a shop if you want. Beside that... well... put in the trash you don´t need in storage or simply don´t buy one!

I think it would add more depth to the EU and notch up the Crafting if Appartements would give Meta-Buffs depending on their decoration.

Meta-Buff
A Meta-Buff if a modifier for Buffs. If you have a high level of a specific Meta-Buff the probability to gain a bonus Buff or the strenght of it, while playing, is higher.

E.g.: You shoot with Laser and get a 40% skill increase bonus for 2 min. as bonus Buff.
Combat-Meta Buff = 100%: You gain 80% skill increase / 2min or 40% / 4 min.
Combat-Meta Buff = 50% : You gain 60% skill increase / 2min or 40% / 3 min.

Each time you gain such a Buff, your Meta Buff is lowered. If your Meta-Buff is at 0%, you still gain the normal bonus Buffs you get today.

Appartements & Meta Buffs
Decorational Items get Meta-Buff Points in different categories
E.g.:
Daikiba-Trophy: 10 Combat-Meta-Buff Points
Atrox-Trophy : 12 Combat-Meta-Buff Points
Potted Wild Flower: 15 Biotropy MetaBuff Points
Simple Chair: 1 Regeneration MetaBuff Point

The System
If you visit your Appartment you charge up your Meta-Buffs.
How fast depends on the Points in the different categories.
E.g.: Decoration with 1000 Combat-Meta Buff Points = time to charge 15 min.

Visiting your Appartment decays those decoration items which give Meta-Buffs. If they are unlimited you reapair them with a Vaccuum Cleaner (L) :rolleyes:

Even i would totaly prefere unlimited Decoration, especially Plants since i have a big bunsh of them .. :silly2:, it is best to introduce:

Decoration Items (L)
Limited items like Plants (collectable by noobs, like stones, fruits, dung..)
and
Crafted Items like, well, chairs, trophys, beds, lamps...

You needed to divide options 'I dont care' and 'stop making suggestions'.
Then you'll recieve more clear answers :)

Mindark should definitly consider implementering more usefullness to estates. Right now it only appeals to the Sims fans or people who need advertising.

I like your idea. But I would also love some kind of social aspect like maybe even synchronized YouTube streaming through a TV.

Mindark should definitly consider implementering more usefullness to estates. Right now it only appeals to the Sims fans or people who need advertising.

I like your idea. But I would also love some kind of social aspect like maybe even synchronized YouTube streaming through a TV.

or What about that:
Visitors get 50% of the Meta Buff.
If Visitors & Owner is in the Appartment, all get 100% Meta Buff :)

aka HomeBase Chillout Party :D

But I would also love some kind of social aspect like maybe even synchronized YouTube streaming through a TV.

Thats a nice idea! :)

You better ask for colonist food consumption. In exchange for the 500% buffs. It's easier.
Gobble a chocolate and went to destroy all daspletors :laugh:
Please chocolate BP only for me!

Until now apartments never got damaged by decay, robot wars, mob migrations etc.
But as you ask it could be done and you will be fully buffed to deposit more, buy planks and rebuild estate, apartment and so on.

Until now apartments never got damaged by decay, robot wars, mob migrations etc.
But as you ask it could be done and you will be fully buffed to deposit more, buy planks and rebuild estate, apartment and so on.

It can bring us back to the discussion about shops and fees in the form of repair, it may be better not discuss it? :laugh:

Be able to browse auction from appartments would be great !
:)
Let's introduce a portable auction terminal (like TT and Repair), Redulite would be a good ingredient for him :laugh:. And by the way, I want personal manufacturing terimnal!

Does this include making a huge number of apartments available for those who don't have one?

I've got one but I only bought it because I needed more storage, the main reason most people bought one. The only apartments people specifically wanted were the ones with balconies or were in non-generic buildings.

Most are in the hands of old players, without a huge number being available we're telling all new players tough you should have joined years ago when they were still on the auction or join the ones inflating the prices on the handful being added on each planet.

Let's introduce a portable auction terminal (like TT and Repair), Redulite would be a good ingredient for him :laugh:. And by the way, I want personal manufacturing terimnal!

Nah, no decay pls !
Lets dream of a personal auction terminal UNLIMITED :yay:
I like the Redulite idea tho ;)

.. Portable Auction, well only if its Limited... and even then it might empty the auction houses. I have been thinking about that for a while now and came to the conclusion that i will not suggest that :D

Personal Manufacturing Terminals do already exsist. :)

Does this include making a huge number of apartments available for those who don't have one?

I've got one but I only bought it because I needed more storage, the main reason most people bought one. The only apartments people specifically wanted were the ones with balconies or were in non-generic buildings.

Most are in the hands of old players, without a huge number being available we're telling all new players tough you should have joined years ago when they were still on the auction or join the ones inflating the prices on the handful being added on each planet.

I think Marcus Callendar still has plenty Appartments. Also MA was never shy to make more Appartments :D

In the past we got some additional gifts at Halloween, Christmas and so on, when owning an estate (appartment, shop, LA).
That was one reason for me to buy one :)

Make it useful, yes.
Give us more personal terminals, we can add to our appartment.

What I would like to have at my appartment is:

Personal storage terminal
Personal crafting terminal
Personal TT terminal
Personal auction terminal

Then I could do my crafting directly from appartment, and use appartment itself to store the materials for further crafting sessions.

I am against this buff idea btw.

Another idea to make appartments more useful, is giving access rights to people at guestlist, so those could pick up or drop items onto special Deco items (like tables, shelfes, boxes, chests).
That way you could create Soc appartments, where friends could easy share their items even if living in different time zones (I know risky, a lot scammers around, but there is still some trusted people on my list).

In the past we got some additional gifts at Halloween, Christmas and so on, when owning an estate (appartment, shop, LA).
That was one reason for me to buy one :)

Make it useful, yes.
Give us more personal terminals, we can add to our appartment.

What I would like to have at my appartment is:

Personal TT terminal

Then I could do my crafting directly from appartment, and use appartment itself to store the materials for further crafting sessions.

I am against this buff idea btw.

Another idea to make appartments more useful, is giving access rights to people at guestlist, so those could pick up or drop items onto special Deco items (like tables, shelfes, boxes, chests).
That way you could create Soc appartments, where friends could easy share their items even if living in different time zones (I know risky, a lot scammers around, but there is still some trusted people on my list).

I like the Soc Appartment idea. :)

But to add:
Personal TT terminal

Will make Cities and Service Centers abondoned. Many people will stay "at home" and "fart in their sofa" :laugh::silly2:

Thats why Appartments need an extra which does not make people stay there for too long but make the regular visit them. If guests get a Meta-Buff too, even your friends will visit your Appartment. That makes them usefull without competing with Service Centers in Towns.

Back in the days apartment were availible (from MA) for 250 ped in auction they were pretty cool... then everyone was able to get one in the city of their choice.

Though, there was a day when apartments just vanished from auction - in a day there were none left. Everyone, first, thought it was MA who was the culprit and had removed them from auction... but it got clear that it was possible to buy all apartment from auction for about the same cost as a single hangar.

From that day on, normal players got way less freedom where to get an apartment, and also had to pay 2x-3x the cost for one of the few the resellers had posted as "offer of the day".

From that day, I consider apartments on Calypso "reseller food". That is, something overpriced that, if bought, just is money straight to the reseller's IRL bank account as it's likely to be immediately withdrawn rather than cycled ingame. Well, unless you buy an apartment from someone you know is a real player, who do other things ingame than to earn PEDs by shuffling around items in auction 24 hours/day.

For the other planets (possibly with exception of Monria; and of course CP) apartments are so rare normal players have a little chance to buy them; either apartments are just sold like twice/year (RT), or they competition to buy them makes them rather expensive and time consuming for a normal player who misses the sell-out in auction or doesn't have enough PEDs reserved for it.

For NI, estate sales seems to be generally a mess (just a few availible, and some questionable deals made or events). For Toulan and Cyrene, dunno if there has been any made free to players. For Monria, I guess it's the most honest market - though initially sold higher than on Calypso, not as sillily priced as those at Medusa Bazar (where the income went straight to the "investment group").

Kind'a felt it was a bummer I missed the apartment on RT sold in tangerine some month ago (start bid 500 ped)...

I should add I have an apartment on Calypso and on asteroid. (I don't often use apartment on asteroid...)

At a time after a bigger HOF I bid on a cottage on a land area ("shed"), bidding for it lasted some time. That cottage was got by a reseller though, reposting it some after auction was over. (Star also bid on the shed, feel kind of sad Star didn't get it I think it was on Star's landarea even - but the reseller was more persisting in the bidding.)

For the sake of furniture crafting, and to slightly compete with other games, it would be nice if MA made availible affordable estates. Maybe smaller apartments with less item points... maybe hotel rooms you would rent instead of buying... or maybe build a house where apartments/rooms were made through instance technology so you could have an unlimited number of them in a small space... dunno though if it would be possible to have windows on that kind of "apartments".

Last edited:
Apartments should grant social functionality as an extension of societies and/or friend lists.

They should also be the only place in game where food items that grant buffs can be prepared and stored. Basically you need a kitchen and a refrigerator. These items already exist in game, and are crafted items.

Just add functionality to items already existing in game. No new rubbish for now!

It can bring us back to the discussion about shops and fees in the form of repair, it may be better not discuss it? :laugh:

In fact that's my message for Bear when so called "vibrant" community do too much brain storming there may be born cool ideas at first look but lethal when applied by MA.
We cant get buffs from trophy or apartment just for free, MA will want pice of cake too.

In fact that's my message for Bear when so called "vibrant" community do too much brain storming there may be born cool ideas at first look but lethal when applied by MA.
We cant get buffs from trophy or apartment just for free, MA will want pice of cake too.

Yes, thats why i worte that those items which give you the Meta-Buff will decay. And if they are limited, the crafters get their share as well.

If you don´t want that Meta-Buff Bonus, don´t decorate your Appartment with those items.

->Free to play or Bonus for your PED... there is not forcing.

PS: I NEVER said that the Appartment should decay. Why do we discuss stuff which as never part of the suggestion but just a comment out of context? This ain´t politics (i hope so..)

PS: I NEVER said that the Appartment should decay. Why do we discuss stuff which as never part of the suggestion but just a comment out of context? This ain´t politics (i hope so..)

You are not new in EU and you should know why.
From years of experience we know that when MA decide to develop some idea they don't do it just as players suggested but they elaborate and see how it fit for them.
My example was just for show how MA could see and develop further your idea witch could be very different of what players suggested and wished in the end.
As for comment out of context - you are lately very active in forum with many questions and ideas and message with my first post was - stop feeding MA with ideas of witch we by past experience cant predict results.

Enough with the stupid buffs already, all they do is make it more expensive to play at the same level you were before.

Enough with the stupid buffs already, all they do is make it more expensive to play at the same level you were before.

? I am not sure what you mean. Depending on the buffs you use, you can skill like no tomorrow, hunt at crazy speeds or kill big ass mobs - or all at once > At an level which was not possible in EU.

If you talk about PE ... yeah... dream on ...

Depending on the buffs you use, you can skill like no tomorrow, hunt at crazy speeds or kill big ass mobs

And so can everyone else, so you gain no advantage.

I think before they do any of that they should add into the system a way to rent our apartments and shops instead of having to sell them or get collateral all the time to hold the deeds.

Not MA rent but player to player rent system. Where x ped transfered to other player for x days renewals send another x amount. If payment is not done all items are sent back to current renter storage in a temp renter container where the owner can grab them at any time later, of course this container only stays around for short time then it dumps everything into your storage and rent agreement is terminated. Of course the rent container would just be a nice way for items to be returned with out messing up your storage for x days and if neglected apparently you don't care about how your storage is organized so it just dumps to your normal storage by default.

Of course MA could take a rental tax out of this like 1% or something payed by the renter if they wish and different options like 1w rent, 1m rent, 6m rent, 1yr rent etc.

But apartment buffs just sounds weird. There are already to dang many buffs and with a buff stacking system coming and more items with buffs MA can stack the system and we will never be able to tell how they could be screwing us. Don't get me wrong I like the buff idea but to many atm is fucking up game balance to extremes IMHO.

If they do this, they should look at the items that exist in game first... and where they are, in apartment, storage, etc. If something's in a shop with markup on it or in auction it should not give a buff since you are trying to pawn it off on someone else. Honestly, I think same should go for deeds - stop paying the roi on em for those that are trying to sell out. Instead, save up that roi and give it to the next legit owner (buyer or current owner if current owner stops the markup in shop or auction)

Lots of potential... a few ideas from way back.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tate-market!&p=3333680&viewfull=1#post3333680

Back