Frame drops with new nVidia GTX 980...

Hello,

I am experiencing frame drops with my new graphic card.

My hardware:
CPU: Intel Xeon 1231v3 @ 3,4 GHz (3,8 Boost)
Mainboard: Asus H97-Pro
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Graphic card: Palit GTX 980
Power Supply: Be Quiet - Straight Power 600W

I have tried several driver versions and resolutions - normally I am using 1080p.
From time to time the frames drop down to 0-5 fps.
All other games do run correctly but EU does not.
With my old AMD R7 265 graphic card everything was fine.
What could I try or do?

Thanks in advance.

Is this frame drop everywhere, or just when you have a certain area of the map in view?

For me, whenever my GTX 970 has to render the area around the cyclops crater on Eudoria (example: looking NW from Fort Troy), I experience big frame drops. If I look South - or any other direction- from Fort Troy everything is smooth as silk.

As the poster above me said, certain direction/places are very badly optimized.
In those particular places you should consider lowering the setting of "Draw distance" to counteract that.

That said, it may be that your GPU is running in "Adaptive mode". This means that its running on a lower performance than usually, when it "feels" it doesn't need to run at max performance.

Make sure that on Nvidia control panel:
1. 3D Settings - Manage 3D Settings - Global Settings.
2. If the setting "Power management mode" is on "Adaptive". Change it to "Prefer maximum performance".

Hopefully this will help counteract your issue.

I use Asus gtx980 (5820k@4.4), the standard nvidia drivers from their site, play in 2560x1440 @ all very high, and although fps swings in a wide range depending on the location (60-100; the Osere-Troy-Scylla triangle is one of the most fps hungry places indeed due to the lush vegetation), I'm yet to visit a place where it would drop below 60 - with the only exception of the stress-test events when it was at 15.

However I concur that EU has the heaviest impact on the system among all latest games I tried.

Back