Question: Am I Doing Something Wrong ?

LouisKardin

Young
Society
Freelancer
Louis Project-Kardin Dzousa
Hi All !!!

First off am Louis been playing a few less knows MMO's for the past 10 years [ since i was a kid, yea].

Started EU on 31 July this year, Right off the bat i started to skill up my BPC on a MS and finished it asap.
After that i started to increase my Mining & Hunting Skills up, both are at lvl 19 now.
But i feel as if i am doing something wrong in mining, i have wasted around 47k in the past month+ on mining without even a chance of breaking even. I tried reading the guides on the forums but was unable to clear my head over it. I know as a fact that i am doing something thats wrong on the MAJOR, but i need some1 to point it out for me. All the persons i spoke ingame have been telling me to jus do what i am doing[No Offence To Any Person] as they felt it was the best for me.

So back to the topic

I need some1 who can just Guide me on How To Mine - I dont need PED support or item support as i can afford more than nuff for myself. I just dont want to end up wasting it all over nothing thinking i know crap about what i do [Which I DONT Know]

I would really appreciate it IF some1 can come forward to guide me on how to be ECO.

NOTE : Am not looking for HoF's or Globals. I just wana have fun and IF can break even, as i have never done it till now :(

Welcome fellow English player to the forum and the game!

Mining is my 2nd lowest profession (after crafting)

I possibly could advise you how to alter your playstyle / method although there are certainly plenty more qualified than me as miners.

Consider this a :wave: and a :bump: for those who are more miner than me. Eco I know all about.

PS: Even though mining is my 2nd lowest profession I typically break even when I indulge in it. :)

I lost 37k on 180k cycled during the same time. Mining was and is a terrible profession post explosive bp.

Im going with the assumption that you didn't do planetside and I would say that's part of the problem. If you went to foma, that's 5.5% tax.

I don't know how you can profit in mining right now. I couldn't with a ul amp when I could previously.

The principle of being a fellow ecofag is to get the most markup with the least amount of markup and cost. Don't buy any large investments for either 3 professions until you can profit or break even consistently with L. That's my lessons learned.

I lost 37k on 180k cycled during the same time. Mining was and is a terrible profession post explosive bp.

Im going with the assumption that you didn't do planetside and I would say that's part of the problem. If you went to foma, that's 5.5% tax.

Well you can choose which advice to take on a forum.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?277811-2932-PED-Ganganite-Stone

I cant say if the opening poster is doing something wrong, as they've only played for 6 weeks, there are probably refinements and tips they could benefit from.

Hi and welcome!

As I don't know where you mined and what you used, I will just drop some comment about current situation.

1)Introduction of Explosive blueprints. Level IV BP was known to drop huge hofs because of high cost per click. These BPs use only trade terminal materials, BUT drops Metal residue. Metal residue is used for crating (L) items. As most of permanent and occasional gamblers started to click Explosive, MU on Metal residue droped from 107-111% to 100.50-101.50%. Explosive mania itself killed consumption of many materials and so did Metal residue MU fall(its MU covered quite a lot of loss taken from crafting BPs with low/mid/high MU materials). So, if someone is chasing big hofs(as most do probably), why pay MU when you can just buy everything from TT... aaand, resources MU is falling like never before, just as consumption.

*Miners are throwing chairs and PCs out of the window :)

2)MA realises(or everything happens by plan) that MUs are doomed so...they need to give an ilusion of existance of MU. They start to play with, lets say, "Resource distribution in area" slider. Low MU resources are set to higher point(so their value is even worse than before), and some common high MU resources are set to lower point. So, lets say, you get a lot of 101-107%MU crap and some or nearly none 130-160%MU. Just to decrease chances that miners will profit. So even with 90% return many or even most areas are a ped sink, with ilusion that there are resources with high MU.

3)<just my opinion> which might be right. Bigger you amps is, less high MU resources you get(another step to destroy crafting and resource MU). Of course rare high MU hofs happens, but remember "Resource distribution in area" slider. Biggest enemy with MUs like now is return swings. When I was mining, I had no problem to go through few months of 70-75% returns with ~150k turnover, but now...

*MA did this because there were too many profiting players in mining and MAs financial problems.
*Low MU residue gave illusion that people will craft more, play more and (L) items MU will be lower. Probably people do play more, but now in Real Crash Economy.
*Even if you don't mind those low MUs, it wont be easy to sell your materials, except Orders of course.

Sure, there are always exceptions. There is still profit in every profession. I hope you learnt atleast something new about current situation.

As I don't know your mining style, I would say - examine http://www.mininglog.com/maps.php (you, and maybe someone else, will better understand "Distribution Slider")(LittleBigMiningLog software will help a lot, if you don't allready use it), get SGA excavator(if you can afford it and have something lower), go unamped(probably), use unlimited finders and most important - try to have fun.

I hope others will correct me, add something and throw in some nice advice.

Drop me PM if you have any questions.

Good luck!

Hi and welcome!

As I don't know where you mined and what you used, I will just drop some comment about current situation.

1)Introduction of Explosive blueprints. Level IV BP was known to drop huge hofs because of high cost per click. These BPs use only trade terminal materials, BUT drops Metal residue. Metal residue is used for crating (L) items. As most of permanent and occasional gamblers started to click Explosive, MU on Metal residue droped from 107-111% to 100.50-101.50%. Explosive mania itself killed consumption of many materials and so did Metal residue MU fall(its MU covered quite a lot of loss taken from crafting BPs with low/mid/high MU materials). So, if someone is chasing big hofs(as most do probably), why pay MU when you can just buy everything from TT... aaand, resources MU is falling like never before, just as consumption.

*Miners are throwing chairs and PCs out of the window :)

2)MA realises(or everything happens by plan) that MUs are doomed so...they need to give an ilusion of existance of MU. They start to play with, lets say, "Resource distribution in area" slider. Low MU resources are set to higher point(so their value is even worse than before), and some common high MU resources are set to lower point. So, lets say, you get a lot of 101-107%MU crap and some or nearly none 130-160%MU. Just to decrease chances that miners will profit. So even with 90% return many or even most areas are a ped sink, with ilusion that there are resources with high MU.

3)<just my opinion> which might be right. Bigger you amps is, less high MU resources you get(another step to destroy crafting and resource MU). Of course rare high MU hofs happens, but remember "Resource distribution in area" slider. Biggest enemy with MUs like now is return swings. When I was mining, I had no problem to go through few months of 70-75% returns with ~150k turnover, but now...

*MA did this because there were too many profiting players in mining and MAs financial problems.
*Low MU residue gave illusion that people will craft more, play more and (L) items MU will be lower. Probably people do play more, but now in Real Crash Economy.
*Even if you don't mind those low MUs, it wont be easy to sell your materials, except Orders of course.

Sure, there are always exceptions. There is still profit in every profession. I hope you learnt atleast something new about current situation.

As I don't know your mining style, I would say - examine http://www.mininglog.com/maps.php (you, and maybe someone else, will better understand "Distribution Slider")(LittleBigMiningLog software will help a lot, if you don't allready use it), get SGA excavator(if you can afford it and have something lower), go unamped(probably), use unlimited finders and most important - try to have fun.

I hope others will correct me, add something and throw in some nice advice.

Drop me PM if you have any questions.

Good luck!

Hi Aris !!

Thanks a lot for the info, let me tell u the details of myself 1st :)

1 - Am a level 20 Prospector
2 - Doing only Ore Drops
3- Using [Ziplex TK120 Seeker (L)] Tier 6 - 6x slots Depth Enhancers
4 - [Resource Extractor RE-103] Tier 4 - With Efficiency Enhancers
5 - Most of the runs are with Level 5 & 7 Amps.
6 - I go to the usual hit spots only after 48 to 72 hrs after a hit.
7 - Tried Ark UG & Planetside - But the planet just seems to hate me
8 - 90% of the time am at Caly Planetside
9 - I visit FOMA or RT at times when the Globals are pouring in as the Hit rates for them are very bad.

Check out greenleaf mining company, Google it, read the website and the documents twice and you will get the basics.

Check out greenleaf mining company, Google it, read the website and the documents twice and you will get the basics.

Yeah i did :)

Tried contacting them via their website, but have not gotten a reply yet. Tried leaving a msg to their Leader from the Soc Terminal. Hope he looks at it and replies.

Hi Aris !!

2 - Doing only Ore Drops
9 - I visit FOMA or RT at times when the Globals are pouring in as the Hit rates for them are very bad.

I am not a big fan of enhancers my self. Next time you on RT ask around there is plenty of friendly miners who will help you. You might not be able to sell your goods on RT, but Alt is good to mine.

Hi Aris !!

2 - Doing only Ore Drops

Don't use enhancers, use of105, don't use amps, mine only planetside......go after the best AVERAGE markup you can.

It will be quite boring and slow, but you should be okay in the long run. And will give you the time needed to mine everywhere to see what ores you can find where.

Rgds

Ace

Hi Aris !!

1 - Am a level 20 Prospector. It is not enough. Take a mining missions, good target - level 35
2 - Doing only Ore Drops A good direction ;)
3- Using [Ziplex TK120 Seeker (L)] Tier 6 - 6x slots Depth Enhancers Bad idea with your level with these amps
4 - [Resource Extractor RE-103] Tier 4 - With Efficiency Enhancers Sell it and use ME/01 or RE-101
5 - Most of the runs are with Level 5 & 7 Amps. Never use level 5 or 7 amps, in your case it is just gambling
6 - I go to the usual hit spots only after 48 to 72 hrs after a hit. 1-2 hour would be enough
7 - Tried Ark UG & Planetside - But the planet just seems to hate me Try to find areas with rare and high MU ores, AU can be good now, but only for Igni
8 - 90% of the time am at Caly Planetside not bad choice

You can reach higher return (but only on less turnover). Use your brain, not your money.
As I can see, you trying to search in 1000 meters depth. You can profit, just stop to use these amps and always choose the right place. Try level 2-4 amps, bought as cheap as possible.

Added explanation:
1. 20 level is not enough to use L30 finder, the best finder for planetside, if you cannot use Terramaster 7 or 8, or all these Ziplex D44 or D52. You need 35 level for it. If you have enough money, just chip in up to 35 lvl.
2. There is several good MU ores, like Redulite, Gold, Zanderium, Kanerium, Rugaritz, Xeremite and others, and now also Ignisium (170%) or Gazzurdite (140%). Or also Wenrex on Ark
3. TK120 T6 gives you possibility to search in depth ~1000 m. It is enough for most these ores, but for most rare ores there is a cap, you usually cant find them with amps or your findings will be very-very rare...
4. ME/01 T1 = slow Adjusted Excavator T0 (calculated @efficiency). Excavator decay is not calculated in your return. So do not use also ME/05 SGA, it is bad idea, if you are not in red PvP.
5. Stop using these amps. Use low level amps or not use them. These amps are good for AU, where you can find Igni as a Global or HoF.
6. Regeneration cycle planetside may be from 30 to 90 minutes.
7. All comments been already made
8. All comments been already made
9. Do not visit FOMA, RT is a good place (only because you can find Alternative Rock there, but I do not like RT)

Last edited:
You can reach higher return (but only on less turnover). Use your brain, not your money.
As I can see, you trying to search in 1000 meters depth. You can profit, just stop to use these amps and always choose the right place. Try level 2-4 amps, bought as cheap as possible.

Added explanation:
1. 20 level is not enough to use L30 finder, the best finder for planetside, if you cannot use Terramaster 7 or 8, or all these D44 or D52. You need 35 level for it. If you have enough money, just chip in up to 35 lvl.
2. There is several good MU ores, like Redulite, Gold, Zanderium, Kanerium, Rugaritz, Xeremite and others, and now also Ignisium (170%) or Gazzurdite (140%). Or also Wenrex on Ark
3. TK120 T6 gives you possibility to search in depth ~1000 m. It is enough for most these ores, but for most rare ores there is a cap, you usually cant find them with amps or your findings will be very-very rare...
4. ME/01 T1 = slow Adjusted Excavator T0 (calculated @efficiency). Excavator decay is not calculated in your return. So do not use also ME/05 SGA, it is bad idea, if you are not in red PvP.
5. Stop using these amps. Use low level amps or not use them. These amps are good for AU, where you can find Igni as a Global or HoF.
9. Do not visit FOMA, RT is a good place (only because you can find Alternative Rock there, but I do not like RT)

Listen to this guy :wise:

Added explanation:
1. 20 level is not enough to use L30 finder, the best finder for planetside, if you cannot use Terramaster 7 or 8, or all these Ziplex D44 or D52. You need 35 level for it. If you have enough money, just chip in up to 35 lvl.

Listen to this guy :wise:

Thanks a lot guys !!!!

I will do as you all have said and post the results soon. Now i see what i have been doing wrong.

back in the day when i was mining, my golden rule was this...

Any resource claim that gave less MU% than the equipment you used cost, plus 10%, should be considered a loss. So if you are using TT or UL gear, anything with less than 110% markup counts as a loss. If your gear+amps added up to 110%, you would need 120% avg resource markup to break even. Don't mine in areas where you cannot consistently get this markup only return. TT returns didn't matter as they always evened out to 90% over time (this is that extra 10% you need to break even)

I did very well with this strategy, profited a ton and cycled millions of ped, until they changed everything, and nothing worked anymore profitably.

So now I hunt, and every once in awhile go on a mining run hoping that things are back to reasonable.

Good luck.:eyecrazy::scratch2:

Now is impossible to get only markup return. But several areas can give you a little profit.

The last two posts just about sums up mining in the game these days, unfortunately!

The last two posts just about sums up mining in the game these days, unfortunately!

Some players, it seems, compares a work in the real world and the game ;)
In EU it now become almost impossible to recieve superincomes on which you could live IRL.
Yes, exceptions still exist, but they are few. Basically it is those who are most perturbed here about most changes in the gameplay. But I assure you that getting a small income is still possible. :cool:

Lvl 30 prospecting here I find that if you must use amp and want to get 90% or even I like to use level 6 amp or terra amp 3. They last longer than most amps. As for treasure hunting I have found 3 swords in past 2 months I think depth is key for sooto.

I used to use to 120 fully enhanced but now only do that for treasure hunting otherwise I use the 105 good depth. I try avoid places I see towers or claims. Ug has been a good place to me but if I don't get a skill gain in. 5-6 drops I leave the area.

Occasionally I hit foma and hell but not my goto places ark seems best for me just pain to get back to caly to sell.

I mainly mine ore occasionally ill mine enmatter.only if I'm not using lvl 13 amp

Sometimes u get a lucky streak I've done this twice. 20-25 global in 2 hours in ug. No clue how this works still figuring It out

Last edited:
Some players, it seems, compares a work in the real world and the game ;)
In EU it now become almost impossible to recieve superincomes on which you could live IRL.
Yes, exceptions still exist, but they are few. Basically it is those who are most perturbed here about most changes in the gameplay. But I assure you that getting a small income is still possible. :cool:

Well i am happy with my day job :yay:. as i put in nly 5% of ma pay into the game. but still IF am unable to make up even 90% of what i put in i feel real nasty :(

Now is impossible to get only markup return. But several areas can give you a little profit.

The profits are not what i am after tho, i just wish i can break even on each run so that i can run again, but i think miss bad luck is squattin on ma head and aint ready to leave me.

back in the day when i was mining, my golden rule was this...

Any resource claim that gave less MU% than the equipment you used cost, plus 10%, should be considered a loss. So if you are using TT or UL gear, anything with less than 110% markup counts as a loss. If your gear+amps added up to 110%, you would need 120% avg resource markup to break even. Don't mine in areas where you cannot consistently get this markup only return. TT returns didn't matter as they always evened out to 90% over time (this is that extra 10% you need to break even)

I did very well with this strategy, profited a ton and cycled millions of ped, until they changed everything, and nothing worked anymore profitably.

So now I hunt, and every once in awhile go on a mining run hoping that things are back to reasonable.

Good luck.:eyecrazy::scratch2:

I have tried hunting too, 400ped of ammo down on agros and got back 39 ped worth loots :eyecrazy:
crafting wud have been better i think as i have not lost more than 30% on it "yet"

i totally agree, but i have done as they have said, its just my RNG i suppose. MA seems to be always in a bad mood wime i suppose. They aint even ready to help me on my connection problems, which i have gotten like for d past 5 hours after a simple relog

I have tried hunting too, 400ped of ammo down on agros and got back 39 ped worth loots

I guarantee that is not correct.

Hint :Looted ammo and shrapnel you convert to ammo is also loot.

Well i am happy with my day job :yay:. as i put in nly 5% of ma pay into the game. but still IF am unable to make up even 90% of what i put in i feel real nasty :(
As example, today for me was also a bad day. But you'll be wrong, if calculating each day. Calculate all return once per month. Then you'll see what you get.

As example, today for me was also a bad day. But you'll be wrong, if calculating each day. Calculate all return once per month. Then you'll see what you get.

I had a full year with crap returns...

Hell/FOMA/AU will always be more unstable than mining planetside. You'll have more bad runs than good runs, so until you hit that HoF or tower you won't break even. Hovering around 90% TT return is difficult. These places are more for gambling imo especially since most of your finds won't have much MU.

Planetside you get a more consistent hit rate and you have a bit more control over what you find in terms of MU.

Hell/FOMA/AU will always be more unstable than mining planetside. You'll have more bad runs than good runs, so until you hit that HoF or tower you won't break even. Hovering around 90% TT return is difficult. These places are more for gambling imo especially since most of your finds won't have much MU.

Planetside you get a more consistent hit rate and you have a bit more control over what you find in terms of MU.

When Ignisium rise up to 200%, was profitable to mine in Arkadia Underground. But now it is 140%, so AU is not good again. It is not profitable to mine Alternative in Hell (130% is not enough to cover all possible losses)

Back