Ardorj

Elite
Society
NBK Rangers
Ardorj-Njarr
It's quite simply I think, and I asked support about it:
2015-09-06 13:59 You wrote:

Dear MindArk Support,

When I try to get the digits from the Goldcard-Reader it is oftentimes just left blanc. I do get the number a few times, but these also disappear after a second or two.
Is it just the batteries that needs to be replaced or something else?

Greetings,
"Ardorj"

I got the mail that they got my support-case in good other and that they will reply when they can, in other words:
We will strive to respond to you within 48 hours. During times of high load, it may take a little longer but rest assured that we will help you as soon as possible.
Might be I'm impatient, but those 48 hours have come and gone for almost the third time now, with no reply what so ever.

Question: what can I do?? :scratch2:

Push on the sides of the reader a bit when the display goes blank?

Mine did that. Replace batt and clean terminals.

If that fails open it up and push the card against the reader pins firmly :)

Go hardcore , replace the batteries, solder the card on the reader and a switch to the power :wtg:

That should help if ya on turky :smoke:

Keep both reader and card in a freezer bag to stop dust.

Because sooner or later dust is an issue (can be resolved by opening the reader up though)

had the same... clean the fluff out, remove/insert batteries and it's good to go!

(except for the error 72 but that's been there for years)

As long as you dont leave the batteries overnight they'll outlive most players if you only use them for 1 minute a day. So put the GC in when you need the code, take out straight after, allows for 5 logins per day.

Mine are still going strong from 2008, and I reckon theres another decade in them.

I got the mail that they got my support-case in good other and that they will reply when they can, in other words:

Might be I'm impatient, but those 48 hours have come and gone for almost the third time now, with no reply what so ever.

Hey man this is crazy I was getting on here too to ask what is going on with support right now, I submitted a case on September 3rd 2015 because my wife cleaned off my desk and somehow threw away my gold card and reader so I am essentially locked out of my account so in the event that this happens you are supposed to send a support case in and include front and back copy of your driver license or equivalent document to verify that you are the right account holder, which i did right away however I too have not gotten a reply to my support case either for my avatar toxin SG burn. I am curious have you heard back yet? If so what did they do for you I have had my avatar since Decemeber 2007 and I am starting to get worried myself.

I submitted a case on September 3rd 2015 because my wife cleaned off my desk and somehow threw away my gold card and reader

Did you forget your wedding anniversary or something? ;)

Only kidding, I hope you get back in game soon Toxin.

Thanks for all the answers people! I have cleaned it out prior to filing the support case, but to no avail.
Going to buy new batteries tomorrow. My GoldCard is ofcourse now out of sync, how does that work?
Still no answer from support .... that unnerves me a bit to be frank.

I had the same issue with my card reader, what i had to do was press the middle (below the display) hard for the numbers to pop up and hold it for a few seconds so the card reader can verify it.

At first i didn't know the card reader had to verify which almost locked my account due to faulty numbers.

Thanks for all the answers people! I have cleaned it out prior to filing the support case, but to no avail.
Going to buy new batteries tomorrow. My GoldCard is ofcourse now out of sync, how does that work?
Still no answer from support .... that unnerves me a bit to be frank.

Not really a big issue here. If EU finds your card may be out of sync it will just ask you two times at log in to enter two different numbers to put it back into sync. GL and yes you just most likely need batteries.

Woot! Got a reply yesterday!

Hi Ardorj-Njarr,

Thank you for your support case.

This sounds like the reader is broken, please login to the website and order a new one.

If you'd like we can also deactivate your current Gold Card until your order arrives, would you like us to do that?

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Wich is different from what you all are saying - batteries down. :scratch2:

my wife cleaned off my desk and somehow threw away my gold card and reader

Somehow? I could see how my gold card could 'accidentally' get tossed in the trash, because (in a whiny female voice) 'you're playing that F'ing game all day.' :rolleyes:

I had the same problem when my reader was 3 months old. There was another thread on PCF that said, remove card, turn reader face down and tap lightly a few times on the desk. Sounds weird but i did it and it has worked perfectly ever since.

Typical ... I looked at how much a new reader would cost: 100 PEDs. That's not too much, so I went to the store thinking it can't be much cheaper. First I couldn't find new batteries anywhere. Asked the service lady, after she finally had time after sharing her life with the costumer before me. She told me where I could find them, I looked, no price-tag ...
Went to another store, also had to ask, they didn't had it at all. Got directed to a third store that I couldn't find for some reason ...
Tried to order a new reader from the EU-site, not enough PEDs on my PEDCard ... I have stacks of PEDs, some a few k's, but somehow failed to put in a little 100 on my PEDCard. And ofcourse, I am on a different planet now plus I can't desposit without a GoldCard.

I tried different things with the reader, the gently pushing, cleaning, etc. all did nothing much. Sometimes I see numbers, most often not. And when I do see the numbers, it disappears sooner then later.

Support suggested that they remove my GoldCard Security for a small time. Then I can log in, take a trip to the other planet, take the PEDs out, order a new reader .... and feel secure once more.

My GoldCard Drama continues. :ahh::laugh::ahh:

Back