Best Show

Svetlana

Poster Girl
Society
The Jaded Crown
Ragnarok Svetlana Valhalla
OK- for fear of never being able to duplicate the one great thread on EP known as *noW ListenIng*, and not wanting to do it the same way of course ;) , I ask the following.....

What is/are the best show(s) (speaking music here) you've seen. :cool: Can be a huge arena show or some little gig you caught in your hometown... no matter :girl:

Hard to choose one for me... must say that U2 rocked when I saw them ages ago.

Hmm i would have to say either Ozzy Ozbourne in concert or Korn with Staind opening for them. Johnny Cash and B.B. King were also damn awesome

Hmm... I havent much been at concerts... :(

Nightwish was pretty good at Tuska (I wish I would remember all of it).

Pyhä Yrjänä was quite good too at the bar nearby (Finland's oldest "disco" - really old wooden building + a band of local ppl who have lived nearby - like Finlands best jazz pianist and one NHL hockey player). :)

Living at a far-flung part of the world I haven't had much opportunity for seeing any of my favourite bands. Probably the best I have seen is a double bill with Garbage and Placebo. This was just as Placebo were establishing themselves and they blew the main act away ;)

Midnight Oil are also a very good live act, and I must say I was surprisingly disappointed with seeing Sting live.

I'll repost in 2 months after I've seen Dead Can Dance live; which is likely to be the most awesome event in my existence; past, present and future. I'm a big enough fan to fly over to London from South Africa for the sole purpose of seeing them!

I'd have to say Stabbing Westward on there final tour in a little club in Toronto that was so small you'd get sweat on you from the singer. Just an amazing and passionate performance. Band even said it was one of there best shows ever too on there website.

Nine Inch nails and The Cure are very close to though.

It's been a while since I've been to a concert, but I've been to see Tori Amos a few times, that's well worth the money.

I think it's time I got back on the concert circuit this year :)

Hmmm, Chicks on Speed always puts on a good show but they haven't been back to Portland in awhile. :(
I would say any of their shows have been the best.

The Locust is good if I feel like getting hurt. They always have the craziest mosh pits.. my friend who's seen Slayer many times says it's worse than their concerts. :eek: Going to see them again Saturday (Along with the Ex Models who are damn good too!).

Rammstein was good in concert too! Fire fire fire!
Beavis.GIF

..and for DJ events.. The one with Dieselboy, Dara, and AK1200 last year in Seattle was amazing! Probably going to see that show again this year, and I'll visit you and Buzzo, Svet! :D

Hands down The Melvins. Another great show was when I saw the Foo Fighters and Krist Novoselic joined them onstage. Also, that same show L7 played and came out onstage to a rap song "Here Comes the Pussy", lol.

DD
:evilking:

Last edited:
ZarathustrA said:
Rammstein was good in concert too! Fire fire fire!

..and for DJ events.. The one with Dieselboy, Dara, and AK1200 last year in Seattle was amazing! Probably going to see that show again this year, and I'll visit you and Buzzo, Svet! :D

Oooh Rammstein! Nice Kit.... and yes! visit us up here pls! :girl:

Hmm- and Rex I'm envious you've seen NIN.
And Zippo- Johnny Cash? Wow... that rocks.. my husband would be jealous :cowboy:

hehe....I've seen Iron Maiden 6 times now, met the band backstage one time :D

seen alice cooper, orange goblin, manson, slipknot, deep purple, peter frampton, thunder, slayer, entombed, ministry......

list goes on....not all those bands I like but I've been to several festivals...

out of all those.....the recent framton/purple/thunder gig was amazing but I will always love Maiden

EDIT: oh yea, if u want punctured ear drums u should go and see Alec Empire and Techno Animal....amazing sounds but they play so loud live everyone leaves....except the idiots

Weeell lets share my romantic little story :D

Ok first time I met Gnasher... We didnt get together then but still.

It was at this small outdoor-festival up here not too long from where I live. It was midsummer, and up here we have the midnight-sun.
Soo I was gonna meet Gnash there, had spoken to him over phone and net and we were both seeing this band play there, a band called "Gåte" that is metal comined with norwegian folkmusic.
Gåte started playing around 00:00 and the sun was settign behind us in the sea (*sniff*), leaving a red, beautiful sky ^_^
Some songs into the concert it started raining! It was fabulous, just dancing, listening to fab music, and getting wet (hee-hee), I LOVE rain! And Gnasher *sniff* put his leather-coat around me and a friend so we wouldnt get too wet!
And the band itself was ahh... The guitarist stared climbing on the stage and violins and the voice and the music.
It was perfect.

Well acctually there was this gross chick who was groping Gnash and stepping on my feets but I try to delete her from the memory :D

Nice Skam! :girl:

My happy thoughts of my first show with my husband....
he was playing in his band in a little dive bar in Seattle that has since been shut down. Some guy was hitting on me (rather cute too lol) and my now-husband threw a table at him after the gig :eek:
LMFAO wow memories. Ya, that was a good show :beerchug:

Svetlana said:
Some guy was hitting on me (rather cute too lol) and my now-husband threw a table at him after the gig :eek:

That's the spirit Buzzo. :D

ZarathustrA said:
That's the spirit Buzzo. :D

LMAO- ya, just like Buzzo eh?
Anyway, we were kids then... he was 21, I was illegally in the bar at 19 :laugh: He wouldn't do that now :girl:

I want my BF to do that do, kinda :D
he isnt jealous, kinda annoying :mad: ;)

sry for offtopic!

hmmm I must say metallica many years ago.. they damn lifted the whole arena..

not long ago I watched some local band called light of candles at a little pub in a small town called motala..
they where pretty awesome ..

havent been much conserts for me later in life.. so cant compare to how it is today

I also saw Metallica. They were good yes.
I seem to prefer smaller venues, but on ocassion those huge arena rock shows are pretty good :headbang:

Back