I'm going to design a thing (and it's going to explain some things)

FauconIoji

Provider
Hang out: Icarus. Apartment: Medusa South Tower, F
Faucon Ioji VanAlkel
Hello all,

Been a while since I've posted (or been on Entropia for that matter) -
but, I just got back on and I've started a little project.

My plan is to develop a universal "lore" for Entropia that will explain the nature of the game, and answer questions like:
  • Why is there no sun?
  • How do Planets with massively different lore and date ranges exist so closely together?
  • How can we instant message? Wouldn't space lag that?
  • Why is it that Calypso has all this lore, but none of it carries over to other planets?
  • And a lot of other misc. game mechanics.

Now, before anyone jumps down my throat with "because planet partners" and "because its a platform, not a game"...

I'm completely aware of that.
But that doesn't make lore impossible. It just makes it a challenge.

My goal is to create a lore using a single piece of technological equipment that can explain how different planets can have different lore, and how calypso's lore can still be relevant in the current state of the game.

I should be done the framework of the idea in the next couple of days. If anyone is interested in hearing more about it, drop a line here and I'll start putting up some of the information.

Good Luck Out There,
-Faucon

**edit because I effed up the list**

I wanted to say something smart about this, but... I have no idea what this means!

:laugh: I hope I wasn't confusing!

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the lore for Entropia is out of date. Calypso has some history but with the new planet partner setup, a lot of it doesn't really apply anymore.

So, I want to create a new History for Entropia that encompasses the new "planet partner" method of doing things.

I have this idea that I can use a few principles of quantum mechanics to create a way to explain the planet partner system and also explain some of the game mechanics that wouldn't make sense in reality, like the invisible barriers in space, and the fact that the Entropia Space region has no sun.

In other words, I want to write a history that will both justify the game mechanics and tie the planets together without asking them to change their on-world lore - and I think I know how to do that.

I wanted to say something smart about this, but... I have no idea what this means!

:laugh: I hope I wasn't confusing!
I have this idea that I can use a few principles of quantum mechanics to create a way to explain the planet partner system and also explain some of the game mechanics that wouldn't make sense in reality, like the invisible barriers in space, and the fact that the Entropia Space region has no sun.

Confusing ? Na not at all... I though the same on 1st post but after this i felt like :scratch2:

Good luck anyway !

You will have hard work and a lot of fun.
I'm curious to read it.
Your plan made me think on not serious possible answers but just to laugh on it a bit.

For example..

•Why is there no sun?

What sun? Everyone know that Calypso have two sun, moons and that was explanation as why Calypso didn't have night for how long? Eighth years or more? Until gods got bored and decided to play with new engine?

•How do Planets with massively different lore and date ranges exist so closely together

Well all is possible if gods decide so.
Project Entropia - Calypso had his lore, background story etc. deleted by gods and reinvented new and left us with many things unanswered. Ah History ..for example just one of many...What happened to Raahn Guzt, Xenomorph Scientist ? https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?241928-What-happened-to-Raahn-Guzt-Xenomorph-Scientist&highlight=

•How can we instant message? Wouldn't space lag that?

I thinked that our comunications are fast - alot faster that light speed.
Its look like displaying HOF on another planet is instant but that feeling is because we dont have enought big sample to confirm it.
After longer period of observation we see that space lag it big time and we have proofs too.
We see it here on forum when ppl complain for HOF absence - their HOF lag a lot then.
Also gods of this universe seem to live far from here and their communications lags so much that we can mark their presence as sporadic.

•Why is it that Calypso has all this lore, but none of it carries over to other planets?

Its on to do list.
We will defeat all rebels on their disobedient planets, they will have to obey, to pay fees and taxes, to accept us as universe first planet. It will be carried over and more important is what all we will take from them, we will create lore and history that their descendants will remember and continue to be loyal and ofc obey lololol..

Confusing ? Na not at all... I though the same on 1st post but after this i felt like :scratch2:

Good luck anyway !

Well thank you!

Here's the thought in a nutshell:

The Entropia Region of space has no sun and therefore nothing to revolve around - yet every planet you're on shows a star in the sky. Weird, right? :confused:

Additionally, space should lag the "instant messaging" service when communicating with people on other planets and whatnot - after all, in reality, information can't travel faster than light, right? :confused:

There are weird quirks like this all over the game that happened because Entropia provided a loose "platform" for the planets and let them do the design and lore. So, nothing makes sense to be in the same universe. Additionally, a lot of game mechanics don't really make sense either. There are barriers in space, for example, that just stop you dead. These kinds of things should be explained. :wise:

I know it's not a major part of the game for existing players, but it helps immersion which drives new players, and the truth is that more new players means more PED for all of us.

So i'm working on a piece of lore that revolves around a machine which would be able to explain all of this.
It'll make more sense when I actually post the idea about said machine.

How about this one.

If we have spaceships that can go into outer space at will. How come they are still discovering new islands on the surface of calypso?

You will have hard work and a lot of fun.
I'm curious to read it.
Your plan made me think on not serious possible answers but just to laugh on it a bit.

For example..

•Why is there no sun?

What sun? Everyone know that Calypso have two sun, moons and that was explanation as why Calypso didn't have night for how long? Eighth years or more? Until gods got bored and decided to play with new engine?

•How do Planets with massively different lore and date ranges exist so closely together

Well all is possible if gods decide so.
Project Entropia - Calypso had his lore, background story etc. deleted by gods and reinvented new and left us with many things unanswered. Ah History ..for example just one of many...What happened to Raahn Guzt, Xenomorph Scientist ? https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?241928-What-happened-to-Raahn-Guzt-Xenomorph-Scientist&highlight=

•How can we instant message? Wouldn't space lag that?

I thinked that our comunications are fast - alot faster that light speed.
Its look like displaying HOF on another planet is instant but that feeling is because we dont have enought big sample to confirm it.
After longer period of observation we see that space lag it big time and we have proofs too.
We see it here on forum when ppl complain for HOF absence - their HOF lag a lot then.
Also gods of this universe seem to live far from here and their communications lags so much that we can mark their presence as sporadic.

•Why is it that Calypso has all this lore, but none of it carries over to other planets?

Its on to do list.
We will defeat all rebels on their disobedient planets, they will have to obey, to pay fees and taxes, to accept us as universe first planet. It will be carried over and more important is what all we will take from them, we will create lore and history that their descendants will remember and continue to be loyal and ofc obey lololol..

So, I'll lay out the idea in a very rough way. I'm already three pages in on the document I'm writing, so bare with me as I'm trying to summarize a half-compiled thought.

The basic principle is that EU is, in fact, a cloned universe created by a "quantum observation" machine.
The idea works like this:
  1. A machine sends out a probe with a "packet" of electrons which is communicating with a "set of electrons back in EU that are entangled (I spell out how this works in greater detail in the document I'm working on).
  2. This probe "scans" an area of space, scrubs the area clean of all previous observation by encompassing it in a black hole, and sends the data on that region of space back to EU
  3. The area of space is then reconstructed through "fourth dimensional shadowing" in an empty region of space in EU.

Basically, what this would do is make a series of planets closeby to one another that are (in reality) still orbiting their own stars thousands of lightyears away. Those people interacting with the clones are actually interacting with the real planet because of the law of conservation of mass (can't be in two places at once in the third dimension). So, everything we do in EU is actually done on a fourth dimensional clone of the original planet.

The spaces between planets can be explained in the same way. As we cross "clone space" boundaries, our mass jumps from one sector of space to the next, over thousands of light years, seamlessly. We would essentially be moving through the 4th dimension without even realizing it.

When we're in each sector of space, the environment around us would mimic that solar system's environment.

This would mean that, for example, arkadia and Calypso would likely be in different solar systems, but bother are being cloned and interconnected through a series of "clone space" jumps.

It's complicated to explain without writing a ton :eyecrazy: but I think I was able to summarize that in a half intelligent way.

How about this one.

If we have spaceships that can go into outer space at will. How come they are still discovering new islands on the surface of calypso?

You got me there. :laugh:

Perhaps we're just too frequently shot in the head at the oil rig to remember these new islands until MA "reminds" us of their existence. :wise:

I had an impression....idea (because the luck of sun),
Those planets, with Calypso at first, are currently trapped from a black hole one by one!

Black hole is about in the middle of Calypso - Next Island space

so all planets are lying somehow in the "event horizon" :wise:

it works pretty well

:lolup:

PS. ....if someday Entropia Universe goes down it will be a well explained excuse too (swallow by that damn black hole lol)

Last edited:
I had an impression....idea (because the luck of sun),
Those planets, with Calypso at first, are currently trapped from a black hole one by one!

Black hole is about in the middle of Calypso - Next Island space

so all planets are lying somehow in the "event horizon" :wise:

it works pretty well

:lolup:

PS. ....if someday Entropia Universe goes down it will be a well explained excuse too (swallow by that damn black hole lol)

That's a thought :yup: I didn't even take event horizons into consideration - I'm going to have to keep that in mind.
I want to try and finish the concept of how the machine works by the end of the weekend - as soon as I have the entire idea put together I'll post it up. The device is a key part of making my idea work. Basically, I want to do something like this with the history of Entropia as a whole:

1. As in the Calypso history, earth runs out of resources and expansion begins out of necessity
  2. Very few habitable planets are found to be within flying distance; resources would run out on the ship before arrival.
  3. The "Quantum entanglement device" is created to bring planets to us, instead. Meanwhile, we inhabit and terraform mars while we prep an area of space just outside of our solar system.
  4. several planets are "shadowed" through the quantum entanglement device and brought to an area just outside of the sun's solar system. Calypso is the first one.
  5. People of mars and earth traverse to the "shadowed" calypso, and the law of conservation of mass essentially wormholes them to the real planet.
  6. Over time, several planets are stitched together in this way. As you traverse the "stitched space" within the region of the entanglement device, you jump from area to area in space.
  7. resource problem is solved, as planets can be brought within travelling distance as fast as a probe can be sent to that region of space.
  8. From there, each planet can have their own lore, as they still technically exist in their respective solar systems thousands of light years apart - they're just stitched together by humankind for the sake of travel.

Sorry that it took me so long to get back to this, but I have been putting a lot of thought into it.

So, this is what I'm working on right now.

basically, the idea is this:

A few thousand years ago, earth runs out of resources. Because Earth is primarily privatized, a Private Company (MindArk) creates a system called the Quantum Contact Unit.

This device (and associated process) alleviate the hardship of sending millions of people to distant planets for habitation by bringing the planets to us.

MindArk sets up a region of space just outside of our solar system, and begins sending probes to distant planets (as outlined in the doc above) and bringing planets into a "local space grid" for us to inhabit.

MindArk allows us to "Jump" between replicated planets and regions in local space (permitting for relatively short travel times in between planets without the hassle of figuring out gravity), charges for anything that is transferred into our out of the "LSG (Local Space Grid)" in order to keep their profits up. (This explains why there is no orbiting star in EU).
-----------------------

because each planet is actually in a separate solar system and just replicated in ocal space, visiting each planet results in a unique view of the sky and solar region. Additionally, each planet is vastly different in age, development stage and history (which explains how each Planet Partner can get away with their own lore).

I'm still obviously putting work into this and it is clearly unfinished, but this is the overview of the greater idea I have, with some level of finer detail as to how it all works.

If this all comes together the way that I want it to, it will put a good, solid lore behind EU which can help player retention and immersion. :D

Everytime I see a HOF from another planet, I always assumed it happened 4 million years ago and it took until now to show up.

Everytime I see a HOF from another planet, I always assumed it happened 4 million years ago and it took until now to show up.

Nope. The Magic of QDP communication! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It is all a simulation. We are actually in sleeping pods on a very long journey to another planet and all the things that we experience are just some sort of brain excersie/training so we stay sharp and are preapred for any situation that might arise at our destination. So, the computer keeps changing the parameters and creating new stuff to keep us on our toes.

That is why all kind of weird things can happen, vampires and pumpkin-head monsters included.

or...

a_wizard_did_it.jpg

It is all a simulation. We are actually in sleeping pods on a very long journey to another planet and all the things that we experience are just some sort of brain excersie/training so we stay sharp and are preapred for any situation that might arise at our destination. So, the computer keeps changing the parameters and creating new stuff to keep us on our toes.

That is why all kind of weird things can happen, vampires and pumpkin-head monsters included.

or...

a_wizard_did_it.jpg

I'm going with the wizard XD

Wow, thank you very much. You just saved me a huge volume of hunting. :eyecrazy::laugh: Definitely +rep.

I'll read over all this throughout the week!

You are so wrong - that all is just a bug in THE MATRIX :D

You are so wrong - that all is just a bug in THE MATRIX :D

Mirror
Activated
Trajectory
Relocation
Instance
X(version 10)

You're absolutely right.
*drops the mic* :cool:

Back