JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
How the Bots Won the Calypso Wars
by John Capital

Date: 7 years future

I write this article from the news companies secret location. But of course you all know that already. If you are reading this, you are still free, hiding and running from the mass wave of metal oppression that has finally decimated this world we lovingly colonized. Those who can not read suffer from the minor inconvenience of being either captured or dead.

"How did this happen"? Many have asked, after years of colonizing this planet and successfully warding off the robots. Robots that tried so hard to kill us, even going so far as to kamikaze a massive ship (the War Titan Typhon) into Hadesheim, our capital city. That attack was a force so powerful, it changed the very geography of the planet, and yet we still continued to win against the robots. Alas, in the end we seem to have lost, and that question deserves an answer.

The typical answer given is usually "They simply became too strong for us." While that may be superficially true, it doesn't hold the true reasons for our loss. I, however, have come across some startling statistics and information that helps explain exactly what went wrong. I write this article in hopes that someone much smarter than I can uncover some hidden secret within this truth that will allow us to retaliate and once again emerge victorious.

While the Calypso Military often tried to take credit for winning those wars against the robots, the truth was the military was usually outgunned. The true fighting force that kept Calypso habitable were the civilian hunters. Those countless many that privately bought their own armor and weapons and fought against the robots day after day after day. And with that unstoppable wave of civilian fighters fighting alongside the military, the robots could never withstand us.

Until the robots gathered data that proved to be our Achilles heel.

Somehow, the robots had figured out why civilians had fought so hard against them. They seem to have originally assumed that we simply fought to survive. An obvious assumption. But after gaining access to and decrypting archived robot data, I learned that the robots figured out that civilians weren't fighting to survive, but for resources to sell on the open market.

Drones, for example are made with many precious metals, but those are often made worthless due to the brutal attacks we were forced to use to disable them. However much of their bodies were made with a robust mineral known as Gazzurdite. This metal was used in such quantities due to its natural resistance to heat. The robots somehow realized that civilians were hunting drones, not to eradicate them, but simply to harvest and loot the precious material.

With this information guiding them, the master builders decided to redesign drones with less, or even no Gazz at all.

The move was a master stroke on their part. Once civilians learned that the sought after resource was no longer found on drones, the hunting of them dropped to near zero. Oh sure some civilians understood the true danger and wanted to do their part to help the military, but without viable resources to sell, many peoples' drone hunting budget simply dried up, forcing them to go elsewhere.

Without the extra help, the military simply couldn't hunt enough drones to stop their waves of advancement.

The truth is obvious had we looked around. While Big Bulks and Miner Bots are bigger and much harder to destroy then foot soldier drones, we kept them confined to small patches, such as Treasure Island, simply because people could pull so much rare material off dead specimens, that they invested heavily in skills and gear in order to take down those massive threats.

But we left the drones alone purely for monetary reasons. And they slowly, quietly invaded so many places, that soon they overwhelmed all but the strongest people by shear numbers. And those hunters who could survive a mass of Gazz-free drones were easy pickings for the the larger attack machines, such as Warlocks.

By the time we realized the problem, math simply fought against us.

And we lost.

Last edited:
I guess that answers my question...

yunogazz.jpg

Nice, well written.

So if they don't use gazz for drones anymore that means they are hiding it somewhere ! We must find their secret stash ! This would be rly cool for a mission , get some mu , have some fun :handgun:

As a refuge from Hadeshiem, I understand the true threat from the Robots. I thought that in the recent years people have forgotten about the threat the Bots posed and if this communique comes to pass then I fear that I am right.

(Must spread rep before...)

Last edited:
Nicely done JC :)

As a refuge from Hadeshiem, I understand the true threat from the Robots. I thought that in the recent years people have forgotten about the threat the Bots posed and if this communique comes to pass then I fear that I am right.

(Must spread rep before...)

Remember Hades!!!!!!

Back