Why do we all turn a blind eye to all of the BS?

I have over 1000 hrs of skill pills. :>

I wonder how that process went over at MA offices, it's clear they allowed some pills to be sold, why not all idk.

Magic 8-Ball didn't allow it?

I wonder how that process went over at MA offices, it's clear they allowed some pills to be sold, why not all idk.

Magic 8-Ball didn't allow it?

Because skill pills have a devaluation effect on skills and at least this makes the impact contained.

The neurostims however destroy the mu on the nanobots. :/

Because skill pills have a devaluation effect on skills and at least this makes the impact contained.

The neurostims however destroy the mu on the nanobots. :/

Though, getting into the spirit of the OP, Mindark lowered the level of virtually every mob a year or so ago, and therefore, even with the skill pills etc, the overall rate of skilling is maybe the same as 3 years ago.

At OP, the blind eye you are reffering to is located at MA headquarters pointed at us.

I doubt we will ever see any significant changes after they are made by MA, or we would have seen the EP bp removed from the game, they look forward not back.

I have seen allot of changes over time, would have loved to go back to when i first started the game in 2007 but that's a era long dead and gone.

Well if you don't like it, don't buy the storageboxes.... :silly2:
I see both benefits and problems with non-tradeable items. The benefit is that the if you want the item you must do something to get it, you can't just buy it (but with storageboxes you can). I think they can be a good thing to use in as rewards for events and missions or as special loot. It would be better if the storageboxes was something you could find in game instead of buying.

bs_fan.gif

to op :

i think you are wrong :silly2: playerbase has no power and just because different persons have different opinions.

if it was only about me id say lets stop depositing till they bring back Entropia Universe as it was before vu10.

the game changes and the playerbase too, Mindark can do whatever they want as long as there are newcomers and investors.

how many players stopped depositing and playing? this is too late im sure there are too many things MA would just cancel if they could like planets, CLDs etc.

so what do they do? they bring in Explo BPs, more planets, 1 ped weapons, strongboxes and the list goes on.
this is their only solution and the more BS they bring into the game, the more the situation becomes impossible to solve :eek:

and we all help them playing and buying (me the first)

Last edited:
Sure would be nice if they had lower (or more reasonable requirement). Some of those level 100 old school guns have level 100 requirement and they're not even eco.

before all the L UL Sib weapons there was talk of them adjusting the required levels of normal weapons but that all got dumped with the advent of L.

Would people still be complaining if they'd got an ultra rare ring? Did MA even consider that individual players would open so many?

Ma have been digging themselves into a hole for a long time now. As has been said, they listened to the ones who loved the changes and just consigned the views of those who didn't to the waste bin. Only rarely did they reverse a decision and sometimes that took a huge amount of effort from the players with many standing on the side lines telling them to adjust and put up with it.

Last edited:
if it was only about me id say lets stop depositing till they bring back Entropia Universe as it was before vu10.

Do you have any idea how many improvements we would have to do without to go back to 2010?

Most of which are taken for granted.

Auction search
Vehicles
+80 Friend list
Offline messaging

Seriously, I will make a list one day, you dont want to go back to 9.4 and thats before mentioning different planets.

dude that was an example, game will never get back to its state before vu10 :p

but to answer you, yes id like to.

the list you can do is sh*t, sorry to say that, but gameplay in EU.... wow a vehicle !!

no seriously, many people will tell you loot and mostly hope was greater pre-vu10.
if gameplay had really changed a lot id know it, wow a vehicle? what can i do with that? soo fun. there isnt any "improvement" since vu10 that brought more fun into the game, only grinding stuff (aka boring stuff)

but as i said, different persons = different opinions, just dont talk like if you know what im thinking about this :)

dude that was an example, game will never get back to its state before vu10 :p

but to answer you, yes id like to.

the list you can do is sh*t, sorry to say that, but gameplay in EU.... wow a vehicle !!

no seriously, many people will tell you loot and mostly hope was greater pre-vu10.
if gameplay had really changed a lot id know it, wow a vehicle? what can i do with that? soo fun. there isnt any "improvement" since vu10 that brought more fun into the game, only grinding stuff (aka boring stuff)

but as i said, different persons = different opinions, just dont talk like if you know what im thinking about this :)

That was just a few examples, vehicle was one of the most game changing examples that people use every day.

Missions? You want to do without those too? I dont.

Summon claim when mining - yes that has to go too if you want to go back into the past - claim inside a tree - then you wont claim it.

Skill boosts? We didn't have those either

Dungeons - Cyclops Depths for example

New creatures - Proteron, Letomie, Marcimex etc

I dont want to go back into the past, same as in real life - and the same applies to films about the Victorian Era.

of course there are good changes. And there are bad changes.

so its a balance. maybe for you the good changes are more important, but not for me.

id sacrify without any hesitation the vehicles and claims summoning and etc to get back to EU with only caly, alive twin peaks etc etc.

That was just a few examples, vehicle was one of the most game changing examples that people use every day.

Missions? You want to do without those too? I dont.

Summon claim when mining - yes that has to go too if you want to go back into the past - claim inside a tree - then you wont claim it.

Skill boosts? We didn't have those either

Dungeons - Cyclops Depths for example

New creatures - Proteron, Letomie, Marcimex etc

I dont want to go back into the past, same as in real life - and the same applies to films about the Victorian Era.

So u have no issue with me and 10 other people using Vehicles like Sleipnir to hunt? Just jump into the ship and other person gets out and does the same. YEAH Vehicles! And it didn't kill the mentor diciple awsome road trip around Caly to get TP's. Not at all.

Loot nerf on small mobs. Did not kill Mentor hunting with diciples. Not all all.

No issue with Thorifoid helmet in PVP or space to not get looted? YEAH items with passive buffs.

Awsome passive income that requires not A SINGLE effort to contribute to the game. We talk of course about CLD's. Just give MA money and don't do anything else in game. Just get ur % back and take the money out.

Awsome new color pallets we got after Cry Engine update. They are so much better than the old colour pallets we had.

textures. OH MY GOD. Have u looked at the awsome new textures and how the old ones look now? Such a huge improvment to the game. WOW. So many people change their looks and apparence now than pre VU 10 it's amazing.

Account bound items. So u cannot trade and actually make a "economy". MA should just open webshops for lvl 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 - 50 - 60 packs complete with account bound wep armor and faps for ur need.

Skill boosts. Wow because we totally didn't have a skill nerf a few years back. So skill boosts now just puts u towards how u gained skills back in the good old days.

Want me to go on with these "awsome" new features we have in EU now?

Oh right. MA doesn't fix things and playerbase demands other players not using these "tacticts" to their advantage. MA points finger at Planet Partners to fix bugs. Because we know MA loves to fix bugs.

But do not worry. Cause instead of improving the game. we will have a totally new pokemon game that will make u play EU even more! And wierd way recruit more people into the game.

Want me to go on with these "awsome" new features we have in EU now?

If you want to, we can compare VU 9.4 vs 15.4. I dont think you'd go back to how things used to be if you are completely honest. Nostalgia is great, and yes there are some "improvements" I dont like, but if enough of the playerbase say "I dont want to pay rent for my apartment any more" then it's changed.

See what I did there? I just slipped in another improvement of VU 15.4 life over VU 9.4.

No apartment rent fee.

I dont want to go back, and I dont think most do either.

:)

If you want to, we can compare VU 9.4 vs 15.4. I dont think you'd go back to how things used to be if you are completely honest. Nostalgia is great, and yes there are some "improvements" I dont like, but if enough of the playerbase say "I dont want to pay rent for my apartment any more" then it's changed.

See what I did there? I just slipped in another improvement of VU 15.4 life over VU 9.4.

No apartment rent fee.

I dont want to go back, and I dont think most do either.

:)

Ask 10 different players and you will probably get 10 different things they would like removed/re-instated. I agree with Mega in that overall the game has improved, but like most i have a couple of things i grind my teeth a little over (new stuff), and a couple bits i really miss from PE (nostalgia).

All in all though things overall are better now in my opinion (but not everything :) ).

Is this and OK time to bring up my observation that Evades are way up lately? And by lately i don't mean like the last month or so. I thought there was a time frame when MA said they were reducing the amounts of evades and misses and I did notice a difference. Now I notice a huge increase - I hunted ambus one day and every mob had at least 1-2 evades with some as high as 6. With my weapon that's an extra 30pecs an evade. I just think lately the amount of it is terrible.
I bring this up in connection with this topic, because I am currently lvl 75 laser, and that is not top level, but nothing to sneeze at. Makes me think - no matter how skilled you are - we all get the same amount of evades - thus having high skill level is even more less useful. Can any lvl 100s weigh in on this? Not counting rings or pills that add to your crit hit % and such.

I don't know - i consider this BS - and not something we should turn a blind eye to.

Is this and OK time to bring up my observation that Evades are way up lately? And by lately i don't mean like the last month or so. I thought there was a time frame when MA said they were reducing the amounts of evades and misses and I did notice a difference. Now I notice a huge increase - I hunted ambus one day and every mob had at least 1-2 evades with some as high as 6. With my weapon that's an extra 30pecs an evade. I just think lately the amount of it is terrible.
I bring this up in connection with this topic, because I am currently lvl 75 laser, and that is not top level, but nothing to sneeze at. Makes me think - no matter how skilled you are - we all get the same amount of evades - thus having high skill level is even more less useful. Can any lvl 100s weigh in on this? Not counting rings or pills that add to your crit hit % and such.

I don't know - i consider this BS - and not something we should turn a blind eye to.

Do you have log evidence to back this up? I'm not saying you didn't experience it, but the staticians amongst us would like to see all those Evades and Misses, because if you paste 100 - 200 of them you'll see they even out to the expected 92% hit 8% miss / evade.

(Or at least they always used to)

PS: If you aren't maxed on the equipment being used, the misses will be higher, naturally.

We got many improvements until now.
But price to pay was high.
Many bad things which represent high price to pay are already mentioned in this thread.
Let me repeat or add few.
We lost sit down, lie down functions.
We got vehicles and loot able space.
We got additional skill gain nerf and avatar progress slow down.
We got skill devaluation with magic items like plates, helmets, cloaks, rings, pills, additional SIB weapons, pet buffs.
We couldn't sweat for a year and we lost for ever natural ability to do it - now we use tool where mob must be all time in line of sight - so there is no mind force any more, you don't need mind, telepathy, you must aim with tool.
We lost incentive for resurrecting profession by adding revival terminals in beacons
We lost translocator profession by adding TP's on every LA, changing wormhole that now need wery wide open area to work and forbidding it in space, adding jamming device on land grab castles and in same time adding concurrence as Summon function of motherships witch do not decay, do not consume any resource or ammo and do not require any skills.
Did I mentioned that we were without sweating one year and MF users without their weapons (chips) for a year and half.
And after that we got ul chips nerfed and for additional devaluation we got (L) chips
We lost all investigator professions and we got drastic devaluation of scanners.
Calypso lost his 2 suns and mons and we lost planet witch newer had night.
We have seen tailoring and beautician profession to die.
We got melee animation and movements to worse and still not many good top weapons
We keep some bugs for too long.
We still keep hunting professions not balanced - there is no MF chips or melee weapons with dps/dpp comparable with top ranged weapons.
We got many cool new mobs but we also got hp and regen increase on new and old ones, we got stats changes with additional damage like on allophil, we got loot change, drastic loot change like on Argonaut and so on.
We lost a lot believers with hope on bright future..

We lost sit down, lie down functions.
It'd be great if they ever came back.
We couldn't sweat for a year and we lost for ever natural ability to do it - now we use tool where mob must be all time in line of sight - so there is no mind force any more, you don't need mind, telepathy, you must aim with tool.
Was it a full year? I thought it was more like 6 months (ish). Anyway its been back a long time
We lost incentive for resurrecting profession by adding revival terminals in beacons
Ethereal Soul Language is still worth skilling up to be able to do / use OOOooOOoooOOOoo...
We lost translocator profession by adding TP's on every LA
Many of the TP's on the LA's were paid for with serious money. That benefits everyone.
Calypso lost his 2 suns and mons and we lost planet witch newer had night.
Day/Night cycle had been requested for years, it has since been nerfed so that Night only lasts 20 minutes (used to be 1 hour originally)
We lost a lot believers with hope on bright future..
True believers will come back I'm sure ;-)

You certainly raise some good points, I've put my viewpoint on some of those you have raised Dan. :)

I believe if you pay in webshop with visa or mastercard you get fee charges only paypal does not have a fee applied.

Paypal is not availlable atm.. I could not buy boxes, nor making a normal depo via Paypal. It is just disabled.
To bad for MA, so i don't depo and play.

Ethereal Soul Language is typical example of non development.

On start when we died there was no T function or automatic TP to revival terminal.
We had to walk very slowly with obscured visibility and find outpost with revival terminal.
During that state you could not use chat or open private message.
So could be logic the need to know dead language.
It also was promising and misleading that one day MF user will need to be able to understand that language and deal for price for resurrecting service.

-Was it a full year? I thought it was more like 6 months (ish). Anyway its been back a long time

For be able to sweat we were waiting almost a year, we got chips back 6 month after sweating was already reimplemented.
MF users lost one event with 3x skill gain and 2 events with 2x skill gain.

-Many of the TP's on the LA's were paid for with serious money. That benefits everyone.

Do you have an idea of wormhole chip price in that time?
Do you remember skill requirements before MA lowered it a bit recently?
Do you have any idea what was price of skilling with Mind Esence at average 400% MU?

-Day/Night cycle had been requested for years, it has since been nerfed so that Night only lasts 20 minutes (used to be 1 hour originally)

Was maybe requested by few who are in EU for 3D chat, trade and enjoy nights, mornings and evenings without depositing and hunting, mining and upset all the rest.
Nobody wanted it and players complained a lot so it got adjusted or nerfed as you say as a middle way to make most players happy.

-True believers will come back I'm sure ;-)

Well I hope so but there is a risk that there is no enough place lol, all occupied by investors.

Do you have log evidence to back this up? I'm not saying you didn't experience it, but the staticians amongst us would like to see all those Evades and Misses, because if you paste 100 - 200 of them you'll see they even out to the expected 92% hit 8% miss / evade.

(Or at least they always used to)

PS: If you aren't maxed on the equipment being used, the misses will be higher, naturally.

No I don't - and I wish I did. That's what I was hoping someone else had. Yes maxed on equipment - shoulda said that also.

Ethereal Soul Language is typical example of non development.

On start when we died there was no T function or automatic TP to revival terminal.
We had to walk very slowly with obscured visibility and find outpost with revival terminal.
During that state you could not use chat or open private message.
So could be logic the need to know dead language.
It also was promising and misleading that one day MF user will need to be able to understand that language and deal for price for resurrecting service.

A dead person staying where he fell can talk in dead speak to soc members in soc chat - only those who have ESL unlocked can read it. This can be useful.

About half a dozen Kaotics have ESL unlocked to my knowledge, but there is a definite advantage to having that skill, they can read my swearing at least!! :D

Dead people tell no tales it is said. Dead people in Entropia can give coordinates and useful intelligence information "coast is clear" etc :whisper:

We got many improvements until now.
But price to pay was high.
Many bad things which represent high price to pay are already mentioned in this thread.

[video]http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update---jimmy-mcmillan/n12901[/video]

made me think of this... EU cost is too damn high!

Scale back from the $1 slots to the :twocents: slots for a bit?

this, a low level break even is worth much more then a high level loss :ahh:

made like 10 $ on my last 20 K mobs killed .....as this takes me like 2 months theese days and keeps me busy enough I cant say anything is expensive here :laugh:

I gave up on my 400th strong box.
I am even surprised that the UL PH-3 which was the rare harvesting tool is nice common? Why would you buy a L one when you can get an UL one for 300ped vs 1500 a few month ago.

I just wish they would release Compet soon so they focus back on EU again

I gave up on my 400th strong box.
I am even surprised that the UL PH-3 which was the rare harvesting tool is nice common? Why would you buy a L one when you can get an UL one for 300ped vs 1500 a few month ago.

I just wish they would release Compet soon so they focus back on EU again

The UL harvesting tool was never rare.

I'm a true believer, that's why I keep coming back. I just don't want to have to spend $100 a week to play an MMO, and if I do, I damn well better be able to TT anything I spend that money on. I really really want to start playing a lot more again, but if it comes down to spending $500 a month on EU or getting a fishing boat, I'm gonna choose the latter :p

Back