Skill chip-out change?

ALEXANDER

Elite
RO ALEX ALEXANDER
So I wanted to chip out 1960 skill points. Got a 10.41 tt ped chip, and got back around 9.43 tt chip. However I still had 380 points left of that skill at the end of the process, when the entropedia chip out toll and various other graphs reveal that it should have been a big enough ESI to extract all those points.

Did the formula change?

I don't chip out so I'm not sure but I think there is a 10% loss when you chip out. The numbers you gave are close to that.

So I wanted to chip out 1960 skill points. Got a 10.41 tt ped chip, and got back around 9.43 tt chip. However I still had 380 points left of that skill at the end of the process, when the entropedia chip out toll and various other graphs reveal that it should have been a big enough ESI to extract all those points.

Did the formula change?

I'd use chipping out advisors as approximate guides only. Get a fat ESI (or several decent sized chips) to stop this from happening.

Obviously you realise this now, but I presume you have other skills you want to chip out in due course, that's what I'd suggest - and what I did (from memory) back in 2008 when I last did it.

I don't chip out so I'm not sure but I think there is a 10% loss when you chip out. The numbers you gave are close to that.

I just checked the entropedia page again, and I feel pretty stupid. To extract 1960 skill points I needed an 11.04 ped ESI. That 0.5 difference in ESI TT (my ESI was ~10.48) left me with the 350 points of skill.

Apologies for this, mods feel free to delete the thread!

I'd use chipping out advisors as approximate guides only. Get a fat ESI (or several decent sized chips) to stop this from happening.

Obviously you realise this now, but I presume you have other skills you want to chip out in due course, that's what I'd suggest - and what I did (from memory) back in 2008 when I last did it.

The estimator was actually very accurate, I just didn't consider .4 ped TT of ESI, which left me with quite a lot of skill. (see above post)

The estimator was actually very accurate, I just didn't consider .4 ped TT of ESI, which left me with quite a lot of skill. (see above post)

it's because skills increase exponentially so 300 skill isn't ~1/6 of 2000 but alot less

same as lvl1-50 is 1% of the way from 50-100 aprox

so fear not about 300 skills! you can always get a 12ped chip etract them and get a 0.4tt skill and sell than and then resell the ESI

it's because skills increase exponentially so 300 skill isn't ~1/6 of 2000 but alot less

same as lvl1-50 is 1% of the way from 50-100 aprox

so fear not about 300 skills! you can always get a 12ped chip etract them and get a 0.4tt skill and sell than and then resell the ESI

Yeah, I knew the skill chip TT gains were exponential the more points you had, just missed that .4 TT and didn't think to consider full unit rounding when I chipped out. Not really an issue since the chip was used entirely anyway, was just confused about the extra points.

Back