Bumping friends thread allowed?

This is covered by rule 3.10, and has been unchanged for many years (since at least 2008, when 711 re-formatted the Rules page):

ForumRules said:
3.10 - Bumping of Threads
Bumping of threads is only permitted ONCE in any 24 hour period, and only if the thread has been pushed to the second page of a forum (using default viewing settings). This rule applies especially for the Trading forums. Bumping of threads by friends is NOT permitted at any time.

You'll find a link to the rules at the bottom of every forum page. You may also wish to read rule 5.5 there.

Last edited:
Next time ask dumb question so your friend can bump it third time per day legally - saw this with few dirty sellers ;)

"comment" and bump it :scratch2:
I did it for ppl I respect or appreciated!
Where is the issue?
"bump" is an action for personal use!

lol ya i guess silly and uselsss questions are the corect form to bum your friends post ... not that i want some1 todo it :D

but its always funny how u can bypass rules :tongue2:

The purpose of the rule is to give ALL members a fair and equal opportunity to bump their threads to the top of the Selling section once each day.

Billy Jean Ruby, you may not have noticed, but I've removed quite a few of your 'bumps' for other people's selling threads over time.

Juicy, if you and soc mate XLT continue to connive to bump your threads to the disadvantage of other members, then one or both of you is likely to be taking a bit of a holiday from the forum. Consider this a warning.

The same applies to anyone else who is clearly attempting to circumvent the forum rules after being reminded of them.

....Billy Jean Ruby, you may not have noticed, but I've removed quite a few of your 'bumps' for other people's selling threads over time.....
:duh:

I'm very sorry for any trouble I made to you all admins!

I didn't noticed or received any msg! I should avoid it.

Juicy, if you and soc mate XLT continue to connive to bump your threads to the disadvantage of other members, then one or both of you is likely to be taking a bit of a holiday from the forum. Consider this a warning.

So i can get banned from bumping a friend whit asking a silly question also? lol

So i can get banned from bumping a friend whit asking a silly question also? lol

If the pattern of your behaviour here leads me to form the view that you are intentionally violating forum rules, particularly after being directly warned about the consequences .. then yes, indeed.

While I don't like having to ban members, it's part of my role as moderator here to do that when I feel it's appropriate.

I prefer to think that our members are sufficiently mature and self-disciplined that they understand that being part of a community requires acceptance of community standards. In the case of the PCF community, that means complying with forum rules.

However, every community also has consequences for those who intentionally flout those standards.
If you're a sports person, this may be being suspended, or getting a 'red card', or 'sin binned'. :wise:
If you're a child, it's the 'naughty corner'.

If the pattern of your behaviour here leads me to form the view that you are intentionally violating forum rules, particularly after being directly warned about the consequences .. then yes, indeed.

While I don't like having to ban members, it's part of my role as moderator here to do that when I feel it's appropriate.

I prefer to think that our members are sufficiently mature and self-disciplined that they understand that being part of a community requires acceptance of community standards. In the case of the PCF community, that means complying with forum rules.

However, every community also has consequences for those who intentionally flout those standards.
If you're a sports person, this may be being suspended, or getting a 'red card', or 'sin binned'. :wise:
If you're a child, it's the 'naughty corner'.

and how could u know if its just a bumb and not a silly question from silly ppl :D

and note tina is not my soc m8 anymore .... she got to adjust it ....

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back