Planet Arkadia to get a New Flying vehicle!!

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
arkadia-dropship-jpg.8266

This next VU we may finally be getting that all cool Arkadian Dropship we been waiting for!! The ship will be linked to the new daily Payback missions and depending on the area you are station you will get that area's designed ship. All cool and all but with one small issue. These new ships will be User Bound! All information about the new ship and upcoming VU changes can be seen in the video here:

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/arkadia-studios-vlog-south-africa.12740/

P.S. Yes don't get me wrong here, A-Team is doing a GREAT job and I hope they keep it up. Just want MA to move away from giving PP kick backs for using user bound items.

Last edited:
Very nice. Looks super cool. Call me when you have a version that is not bound to my avatar.

Last edited:
Really cool ship, i wish they wouldn't have picked the route of making it account bound though. If they ever make a version that is tradable i will probably get one :).

Cheers
Zweshi

Really cool ship, i wish they wouldn't have picked the route of making it account bound though. If they ever make a version that is tradable i will probably get one :).

Cheers
Zweshi

I've never been a fan of the user bound stuff either but this is a reward for completing missions so for me it makes sense to have it user bound so players have to work for it and not just buy it.
The way these fit into the story line of the mission required to obtain it also makes sense that its a status symbol that has to be worked for.

I've never been a fan of the user bound stuff either but this is a reward for completing missions so for me it makes sense to have it user bound so players have to work for it and not just buy it.
The way these fit into the story line of the mission required to obtain it also makes sense that its a status symbol that has to be worked for.

As I said in the past and say now again we just should go subscription based EU and all issues like this will go away - including pirates since NO item in game would have a value. Very simple and sorry to see we are slowly moving that way.

Not been fan of bound items too! Actually I dislike every such item!
But that is something interesting no matter what!
Nice design, intrigue new scenarios implemented.
Glad to see David talking about future of Arkadia with Dylan.
Much appreciated for sharing this info, because I personally don't visit Ark forums very often.

PS. obviously Dylan's tremendous embarrassment of been with this presentation with Arkadia's boss :) but he well handle it! Great video and the "hijacking" on air of Smuggler boss? nice job really!

As I said in the past and say now again we just should go subscription based EU and all issues like this will go away - including pirates since NO item in game would have a value. Very simple and sorry to see we are slowly moving that way.

I see no point in playing subscription based games if there is nothing get out of all the hard work at the end other than more pointless grinding.

I think its overstating to say we are slowly moving that way.
How many bound items do we have?

The thing to remember is this is a gift!
Why should we be given an item that we can sell for real money without paying real money to get it.
I know what your gonna say and yes you still have to hunt the mobs and the loot may mean 'you paid for it' but how many other final stage mob mission 'prizes' are as usable and potentially as fun as these drop ships could be given what was said in the video.

People are happy to grind for 15hours a day and live or die by the will of the loot pool.
So when a planet partner offers something extra like this for people that are willing to put in the hunting effort it all seems a little spoilt and bratish to say its still not good enough.

Each to their own though.

I
"...Why should we be given an item that we can sell for real money without paying real money to get it."
Each to their own though.

My Viceroy worth no money? :(

I have no doubt that it fits into the story lines / makes sense from a status symbol perspective, the part i dissagree with is that its a item that affects the market economy by reducing p2p market movement further straining the economy.

The idea i like is to make it purely cosmetic without affecting market prices, a skin you can put on another item to change how it looks(both polygon mesh and texture). The same idea as putting on a weapon to a gungnir but the object changing how the vehicle looks :). So the "skin" item would be bound whilst the item that decays would not.

To me that makes more sense then to just hand over an item, since the item as reward can never be the best possible choice in its performance bracket, that would simply make the mission obligatory rather then something that adds to the experience for certain players.

But i honestly think the ship has sailed on changing there minds over bound items, as this conversation has happened enough times for all parties to have seen the cosmetics only suggestions and the other road was still choosen which is of course there prerogative.

Cheers!
Symmetria

Did they mention when new VU is coming?

it seems you wont be able go to space with it , so planet side not much use

Why should we be given an item that we can sell for real money without paying real money to get it.

Good point and the answer is:

I see no point in playing subscription based games if there is nothing get out of all the hard work at the end other than more pointless grinding.

As you put this is an RCE game and because of that no matter if we win or loose money to get it at the end just knowing we can sale it makes EU what it is today.

I think its overstating to say we are slowly moving that way.
How many bound items do we have?

And that there is the issue since MA just this last year and a half if not less has been releasing more and more Bound Items every VU. So yes we don't have a lot yet but then again, remember, we don't have all that many VUs.

And sorry it's not a gift as you put it. That would be like any other game. A gift in this game has one key word and that is MU. We remove MU from all then well we be better off with just playing a subscription based game which sorry to say with the more and more locked items we are getting every VU these days seems that IS where MA is shifting.

But as you stated that is not the point of this game and well you are right and thank you for backing up my point.

Was it just me?

Sexy. :yup:

We can see that vehicle at any outpost and at New Arrivals Hangar.
Its very big.
We will probably have spawning and landing problems or we will be restricted on special designed area to do it.
Stats, number of passengers, weight and storage weight, possible weapons, SI, oil consumption, customization Is still to discover.
And for that we will wait a bit because mission have many stages. Every stage increase number of daily missions and ofc mob maturity.
Players started with 7 days daily mission, then 14, 30, 60 and maybe future missions will have 90 days or more.
Its thing like doing and finishing several entire iron mission chains.

Last edited:
The only reason for it to be bound is that players have to visit the planet to get it.

So much for planet partners getting their own playerbase.

Stats, number of passengers, weight and storage weight, possible weapons, SI, oil consumption, customization Is still to discover.

They said in video pilot + co pilot + 8 at the back = 10 total.

Players started with 7 days daily mission, then 14, 30, 60 and maybe future missions will have 90 days or more.
Its thing like doing and finishing several entire iron mission chains.

Never did that missions - does it need to be consecutive days or can be done anytime?

I guess it would work much better if those mission was just mob counter, no separate dailes.
PP would still get their decay and planet hoppers could do it easier.

They said in video pilot + co pilot + 8 at the back = 10 total.

Never did that missions - does it need to be consecutive days or can be done anytime?

I guess it would work much better if those mission was just mob counter, no separate dailes.
PP would still get their decay and planet hoppers could do it easier.

Ah 8 ppl that's like our pitbul?

No need to do it in consecutive way, you start mission and do daily mission each time you visit Ark.

With just a mob counter goal to keep players visiting Ark would be lost because more active players could finished it long a go.

Ah 8 ppl that's like our pitbul?

No need to do it in consecutive way, you start mission and do daily mission each time you visit Ark.

With just a mob counter goal to keep players visiting Ark would be lost because more active players could finished it long a go.

Pitbull is 7 passengers, this has 9 passengers and flies?

I'm trying to think who wouldn't want one.

Pitbull is 7 passengers, this has 9 passengers and flies?

I'm trying to think who wouldn't want one.

It flies and it can transport entire outpost container.
We also don't know jet if it can leave planet and fly trough space what probably will be able.
Its big.
In fact at Celeste outpost TP you can see it covering entire outpost.
For that I'm surprised that can take only 9 ppl.

The only reason for it to be bound is that players have to visit the planet to get it.

So much for planet partners getting their own playerbase.

Or maybe it's for their own player retention, so they don't go running of to the bigger calypso the second they realize ark isn't MA's love child.

We also don't know jet if it can leave planet and fly trough space what probably will be able.

Admiral on post #13 says it is not able to travel in space.

If it is able to, that will upset some people.

Admiral on post #13 says it is not able to travel in space.

If it is able to, that will upset some people.

Well other planets will have some kind of hangars and spaceships sooner or latter, cant be that space is exclusive just for Calypso only. Those ppl know that as they also know that they have big advantage by being first for a long time.

Well other planets will have some kind of hangars and spaceships sooner or latter, cant be that space is exclusive just for Calypso only. Those ppl know that as they also know that they have big advantage by being first for a long time.

I presume Admiral knows his info to say this isnt space capable.

If for any reason it is (or in future is) space capable, then it would have to be nerfed in some way, eg slow in order not to really piss off Privateer / Mothership owners.

This is the first I've even seen it.

I want one, but I dont do "bound to avatar" equipment so I'm in a dilemma. :scratch:

I could not gather any info but I suppose that players who are close to A-Team know more.
Anyway this vehicle is just a side reward for doing those missions.
IFN missions are much deeper including player progress in military hierarchy, getting uniform with grades displayed, card for authentication with IFN security systems etc. and latter confrontation and defense against smugglers as also option latter to run away from IFN and work for rebels (smugglers).
All that should be quite immersive for those who play on Ark most of time and enough big source of fun even without that vehicle.

Well RT has ufo that is not space worthy and being a UFO you thought it would be.

I don't know what Admiral's source is but there is nothing in the vid or the discussion in the ark forum to tell us one way or the other. We also asked Dylan in skype and got a "wait and see" response.

The mission chain is a daily (20hr) interval which will run for several months and the time to do each daily (kill 100 oratan prospectors of maturity x) will be 15 minutes to an hour depending on how much overkill you are willing to do. So its not a trivial undertaking and I doubt we will see huge numbers of drop ships in circulation.

Last edited:
Fuck this account bound bull shit.

Fuck this account bound bull shit.

Some of you seem to overlook something here...

This vehicle will cost you nothing.
It will be reward for completing several mission chains that already exist and there are already people who completed them.
You do not need to spend PED directly like in case of Viceroy armor and then not be able to sell it.
It will be perk available to those who will spend time on Arkadia and make effort to finish those missions.
It will not be available to those willing to take shortcut and just buy it.
Therefore it will be kind of 'status' perk.

Hell, if this reasoning is not convincing enough then look at it other way:
Arkadia has kind of 'military structured' story line.
When you get high enough in IFN military rank you have opportunity to use their military drop ship.
But that do not give you right to sell equipment that is provided for your use...

I do not see here any problem with that particular item (or any items that would be 'extras' for other missions) being non trade able.
Take this from somebody who is first in line against other non trade able items in EU (ones you need to buy and cannot sell, not the ones newcomers get).

Back