Broken laptop

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
illuminox
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
Not able to log in for a while now due to a broken laptop :(
It still starts up but screen is not doing anything...

Hopefullly back soon!

Good luck man, hope to see you soon!

Oh Dear..

Not able to log in for a while now due to a broken laptop :(
It still starts up but screen is not doing anything...

Hopefullly back soon!
Is screen just black after you turn it on?
Some times the connects are dirty or dusty where laptop opens and just needs a bit of cleaning,the laptop does not register it is open and screen doesn't display, if that is the case. (I found mine doing that years back.)
Hope it is something that simple..Good Luck.

Close lid of laptop, plug monitor in and start it up. should display on external monitor.

If you require to open lid to power on, plug monitor in start it up and use your shortcut keys to switch display modes for laptop/dual screen/extended screen.

Dual screen should mimic laptop to monitor. Although you probably still want to fix your laptop screen but this is a way to work around the issue. I have had same issue with laptops in past and was able to use this workaround efficiently until I could get the laptop repaired.

Close lid of laptop, plug monitor in and start it up. should display on external monitor.

If you require to open lid to power on, plug monitor in start it up and use your shortcut keys to switch display modes for laptop/dual screen/extended screen.

Dual screen should mimic laptop to monitor. Although you probably still want to fix your laptop screen but this is a way to work around the issue. I have had same issue with laptops in past and was able to use this workaround efficiently until I could get the laptop repaired.

^ This is the right answer. it seems your laptop screen burned out, it shouldn't be too expensive to fix. To toggle between projections, press the windows key + P to switch between duplicate, extend, projector only, or disconnect projector. You will want to do duplicate to monitor that you plug in to your laptop.

Cheers
-Hyp

^ This is the right answer. it seems your laptop screen burned out, it shouldn't be too expensive to fix. To toggle between projections, press the windows key + P to switch between duplicate, extend, projector only, or disconnect projector. You will want to do duplicate to monitor that you plug in to your laptop.

Cheers
-Hyp

He would love to choose if his screen was working :D

In my laptop to switch between screens i can use FN+F8.

Probably graphics card...

1. Find disassembly guide for your laptop.
2. Take it apart.
3. Check if your graphics card is onboard which it probably is.
4. If your graphics are integrated then put the whole motherboard else just the card in the oven.

GL and may the Lootious be with you! :cool:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=laptop+video+oven

So much bullshit in this thread, I start wondering if it are all MA employee's replying..
Look for a video on YouTube to open your laptop..
Make sure you aren't sitting on carpet when you do it (static electiricity)
open it up & make sure you know wich screw goes where.. you'll have a lot off them & make sure you have several hours of free time...
trust me, it ain't that hard
best case scenario.. it's the cable from the mainboard to your screen that is broken due to opening & closing so many times..

I do have some exp in building & taking apart pc's but I eventually took the risk to clean out a overheating laptop
both HP & acer models.. nothing to it, no special gear needed.. only attention & patience..
GL, if you have more Q's.. just shoot, it won't cost you a pec here :D

Will def. do this later when i have spare time :)

Thanks for all the advise so far!

Hope to see you soon! Found a lil weird that I didn't see you online last days :confused:

Back