Changes in EL ?

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
Has there something be changed? Why ask, well it has changed obviously!

Normally I could see last 20 globals at any selected LA, no longer working - just tells me no access to LA info

EL loses more and more useability for non paying users.

Well who cares, simple don´t use it anymore, and simply don´t hunt at BIG LAs anymore.

Someone owning that much LAs and offering a tracker tool, beside that, should be a little less greedy!

I refuse to pay to use EL, add same advertisement banners you get paid for, well no problem for me clicking a few of them when checking EL data, but you surely will not get any money fom me to use this tool.

Have been registered from start, did that mission that gave me some additinal features for free (which got cancled later), and now it is even less useable.

No thanks to EL from now on, and I surely stop recomending to use it to my disciples, too.

Normally I could see last 20 globals at any selected LA, no longer working - just tells me no access to LA info

Well who cares, simple don´t use it anymore, and simply don´t hunt at BIG LAs anymore.

Someone owning that much LAs and offering a tracker tool, beside that, should be a little less greedy!

I refuse to pay to use EL, add same advertisement banners you get paid for, well no problem for me clicking a few of them when checking EL data, but you surely will not get any money fom me to use this tool.

Have been registered from start, did that mission that gave me some additinal features for free (which got cancled later), and now it is even less useable.

No thanks to EL from now on, and I surely stop recomending to use it to my disciples, too.

Just tried it, no problems seeing the statistics of the LA's at all. Is it maybe a specific one which you see this message?

I've sent a mail message in EL yesterday to Starfinder to ask about this. No reply yet.

If it's gonna be this way I'll probably be uninstalling the tracker. Why should people contribute to it, if you have to pay to get the info you're searching for?

I had this issue a year ago.
I remember there is a limit for info provided if you use it for free.
But isn't such an issue to get credits from buying some essence with PED.
Also you get bonus credits from use EL client and your get benefit to use other usefull tools and shop.
My opinion?
EL developer give us a great all around application by endless hours of work and devotion to it.
If we give back some "appreciation", isn't not big deal.

There is no greed here!
That comment is tottaly unfair :(

Last edited:
To my understanding, these features are available from the credits you get from running tracker.

Just a few threads down was this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?274133-LA-Global-Viewer-Update

But let's come down off the soapbox.. saying EL are greedy is just absurd. Really people...

Actually no. Apparently from running tracker you get gift credits which are not usable to purchase LA Viewer. So greedy doesn't look that farfetched to me.

We appreciate you using EL from the start, the announcement of this change was in June in this sub-forum, though it was delayed a bit.

All data on EL is completely free to those who use the tracker client 30+ hours a month (which isn't much for most players). For the LA global feature, its $2.50 a month, which we feel is quite reasonable should you choose not to run tracker.

As you may have noticed we have ads now, so I agree with your point here, however the revenue from that is neglegable. EL is run on donated time and funds, I can assure you were not laughing all the way to the bank, were mitigating the loss in operational costs by what I expect might be about $10-$20 a month total with those who pay vs run the tracker.

Servers cost money (which we've gladly paid ourselves, and will continue to do so).

It saddens me that this small charge constitutes us as greedy, considering BIG spend over $200 a month buying sweat from noobs to help them get on their feet, some of whom may have been your disciples

Last edited:
Reactions: das
All data on EL is completely free to those who use the tracker client 30+ hours a month (which isn't much for most players).

If this is true, then something is wrong with my account, because I'm getting the no go message:

Well Meculus, maybe my words in OP are a bit over the goal but look at it how I see it.

In the beginning Tracker started, free for all.
There was some mission, don´t remember exactly what it was, where we got some premium features for free, that we don´t have anymore for free, although done all the tasks back that days.
More premium fetures have been added, which cost something, hey I am cool with this, as long I could use the basic data (limited to last 20 globals, enough for my needs).

What you offered back that days and still do, is a nice tool.
Surely you need to pay the server, personally I think you earn enough from those paying for premium features, to break even on that.

Compare it to other services.

Will time come, that we have to pay for Entropedia weapon compare tool?
Will time come, that we have to pay for skill chip optimizer tool?
Will time come, that we have to pay for NRF mining tool?

All this is data collected by players, who build it into an enviroment running somewhere on a server that has to be paid.
There is a lot more datacollections, done by players, who upload it anywhere and share with the comunity for free.

OK, EL is more complex and has a lot premium features that are useful (Can´t use without paying for).

The basic data should be available for free, thats all I want, and what we have had for several years.
Why is it now no longer possible to share that data for free?

Not enough people using the premium features to get server paid ?

About your argumentation, buying sweat at 2.5 LOL
I do that too. Read my mentor info ingame :)

And about the gifted credits, can´t be used for LA viewer.
Actually the LA viewer was the feature I used, now I can´t anymore so using tracker became obsolete for me.

Well Meculus, maybe my words in OP are a bit over the goal but look at it how I see it....

I can respect, and understand your position. The goal isn't to slowly chip away at free data though. In fact, we've added many more free to use features over the years, and never charged for them.

We don't run EL for profit, but it does have its expenses, and no, donations are not sufficient to cover basic costs. That's no problem though, we don't mind the minor expense to keep EL going for everyone.

As the LA viewer is more of a business related feature, than a personal user feature, we feel the adjustment is appropriate, and priced quite fair. Similar to many entities that charge for commercial use vs individual.

I don't expect everyone to agree with the decision, but hopefully you and others can understand this was a carefully considered choice, not a blatant attempt at a cash grab.

Hmm I have no problems seeing the base non-paid for data from all the LA's.

Of course I usually have 180-200+ hours logged time running tracker also.

I have donated some money in the past via the donation button but I have not spent much of it yet. But the free data I do get does make using EL worth it to me.

Now what to do with all these gift credits ;) They keep adding up and I keep forgetting to keep them spent.

Hey there!
I have heard so many bad things lately about BIG and now tracker as well! To me it does look greedy just because of things I have heard. For starters why people who do hunt on BIG events are not paid and they have to chase for peds for weeks after the "pay day"?

Sorry if totally unrelated, but I felt like this is where I should post it!

Soko

Hey there!
I have heard so many bad things lately about BIG and now tracker as well! To me it does look greedy just because of things I have heard. For starters why people who do hunt on BIG events are not paid and they have to chase for peds for weeks after the "pay day"?

Sorry if totally unrelated, but I felt like this is where I should post it!

Soko

Winners of BIG events have always been paid out (hundreds of thousands of peds if you look at our history), even those that didn't realize they had a prize coming to them, or those that took a break after winning and came back months later. The problem is in the logistics, catching people online at the right time etc. etc. were always working towards improving this system. I've been pleading with mind ark to implement an in game drop box system for years for exactly this reason.

Like any situation, mistakes are made from time to time, sure, but the effort to correct mistakes/delays and to do the right thing has always been here, and always will be.

Yeah, I've really only seen and heard good things from BIG. I'm glad they provide entropialife, I'd be lost without it. I can understand concern about pay-for features, but at the same time, I'd rather see server costs be covered than them eventually deciding it's not worth the cost of maintaining any more and pulling the plug on it.

Due to recent changes, I wanted to reinstall EL software to get access to LA checker, by running the client software.

Sadly I can´t!

Edit: problem solved, tracker running now

Last edited:
All data on EL is completely free to those who use the tracker client 30+ hours a month (which isn't much for most players). For the LA global feature, its $2.50 a month, which we feel is quite reasonable should you choose not to run tracker.

Thats just not true!

Over 30 hours, no access to data.

Beside that:

Current gift credits: 20 357 770 Gift credits

Useable for nothing !

All features I would like to buy, can´t be bought with gift credits.

Don´t tell me I didn´t run tracker enough!

Been looking at the site for several days. No bugs here, last 30 globals actually work for me. No I haven't bought any features, so that is out of the question. The amount of credits you got don't matter.

Regarding the credits not usable for anything. I see 2 things which can be bought with gift credits and 2 things which can't. So saying there is nothing is not true, that it's not the things you wan't is something else. If its REALLY that important to you to have those features then it should also be worth the few dollars per month. At the end of the day, people do actually give up their spare time to work on EL. Not to mention the costs for the upkeep of it. So I think its fair they ask for a small contribution for certain features.

Hopefully you get your issue fixed soon.

Still no news, and still LA viewer unavailable.

Seriously considering uninstalling the tracker client.:(

Still no news, and still LA viewer unavailable.

Same here, donated in the past for a subscription for life, then it changed into gift credits of which i have millions, but which can't be used to see some freaking globals on a LA.

Been looking at the site for several days. No bugs here, last 30 globals actually work for me. No I haven't bought any features, so that is out of the question. The amount of credits you got don't matter.

Regarding the credits not usable for anything. I see 2 things which can be bought with gift credits and 2 things which can't. So saying there is nothing is not true, that it's not the things you wan't is something else. If its REALLY that important to you to have those features then it should also be worth the few dollars per month. At the end of the day, people do actually give up their spare time to work on EL. Not to mention the costs for the upkeep of it. So I think its fair they ask for a small contribution for certain features.

Hopefully you get your issue fixed soon.

No!
There is no last globals viewable - NO ACCESS !!!!

When I say useable then I mean features that actually would have a use - speak LA viewer or LA info feature.

Forum signatures or playerviewer is not really useable tools offered for the gift credits.
Thats why I said usable for nothing!

LA viewer limited to last 20 gloabls, hit at LA, for gift credits would be enough!
Then I actually would could use it, not just wasting it for something I don´t need.

Same here, donated in the past for a subscription for life, then it changed into gift credits of which i have millions, but which can't be used to see some freaking globals on a LA.

Exactly that!
We already paid for lifetime usage, and now we need to pay again to get access to something we already paid for/earned it, in the early days!

If that isn´t greed or scam, what is it!

Exactly that!
We already paid for lifetime usage, and now we need to pay again to get access to something we already paid for/earned it, in the early days!

If that isn´t greed or scam, what is it!

The lifetime subscription feature was implemented before I was part of EL, I'll discuss with my now distant from the universe partners to get these lists and ensure they are honored.

Again, a $2.50 charge hardly seems like a scam or greed to me, but I guess all values are subject to interpretation.

stop giving people something that they cant use (gift credits)
tracker uninstalled
Cheers :grumble:

Almost one month and problem still persists.

Stopped running the tracker client.

Whenever you get the website running properly let us know (if in the meantime I haven't found an alternative solution).

Disappointed for still not receiving any update or solution to the problem.

You're not really making an effort, are you?

Disappointed for still not receiving any update or solution to the problem.

You're not really making an effort, are you?

EL is built on donated time, or funds its owners donate to the cause, it has virtually no income. We propose a $2.50 a month fee for LA's and all of a sudden we are greedy, corrections will come when I have paid for them, and even as we speak I am doing so, significantly more than the 25 PED we request for this data that you feel we have robbed from you.

You have my apologies if our efforts in donated time and money do not live up to your standards of what free services should be.

Additionally, those of you who purchased your lifetime memberships, please pm me on EL and I will adjust your credits to allow you purchasing rights of these features.

Back