Info: New Skill Bonus interface

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
MA is giving us more information now, about our bonuses.

skill_boost.jpg

Now we know category, maximum bonus possible and how they stack together.

Nice. :)

Does it stack up the bonuses between random skill boosts and skill pills?

I have armor and ring speed buff stacking right now.

As you can see in the OP example --> 100 + 300 + 50 does not equal 300

Well we don't know how the total is calculated. Maybe 300% is a hard cap to the maximum buffs you can stack, in which case 100+300+50 would be 300. Example: 100+200 would be 300, but 100+201 would be 300 too if it's a hard cap.

For speed buff --> 25 + 35 + 10 does not equal 50

That depends. We don't know how the calculate stacking buffs of the same type. And again, maybe 50% is a hard cap.

What I mean is, what if they apply one of them first, and they apply the next one over the total. In real world science you rarely stack percentages affecting the same entity by just adding them, because a percentage affects the total by definition.

Let me elaborate:

You have 100 turds. I ask you what do you prefer I give you 50% more turds at once, or first I give you 25% and then another 25%?

100 + 50%*100 = 150 turds
100 + 25%*100 = 125 turds + 25%*125 = 156.25 turds

See what I mean? it's all about the turds.

I'm not saying they got it all right, just that let's wait a bit and try to figure things out before the whine train arrives :)

Looks like buffs are CAPPED by the lowest number on the infographic and to each category respectively.

Buffs can come from 3 different sources - item, action, and social.

I need to do more testing, but my guess is:

Item - rings, armor, scopes, etc...
Action - MF buffs? Pills? MA random buff (not sure here, need to test)
Social - Pets? Pills? (not sure here, need to test)

Short time spent looking at this over my lunch break. Pets are considered items. I have not taken a pill yet will do that tonight and check if it has not already been answered.

I am thinking Social are MF chip buffs form others maybe. Action probably more MA awarded buffs on certain actions. the big question is are pills items or actions or social.

pills show as action. atleast the neurostim A does.

Thanks for the info - so armor, pet, and ring stack but capped at 25% (Armor 8% max + Pet 18% max + Ring 10% max = 36% possible)

Harrier Armor 8% + Silver Kanin 12% + Hermetic Ring (L) 5% = 25% - good combo to meet the cap exactly

I wonder what a stable buff is considered?

I would not be surprised if it is under social as it is social interaction with another player to get the buff.

I would not be surprised if it is under social as it is social interaction with another player to get the buff.

That's my guess too, but that 12% speed buff hasn't worked from the stable in a long time (I think it has never worked). The HP and focus buffs do work according to Mercury in his stable thread.

Also, who knows, it could even be when MA comes out with the new adjusted/improved/etc. MF chips that give out stronger abilities/boosts/buffs/etc. (Under Social or affects this area in the skill bonus interface) to other players like in the 'field chips' and/or against the chosen targets like in the 'strike chips'. New 'social MF chips' are in the works as my guess (includes further buffing or anti-buffing up target or multiple targets, avatars, mobs, and even pets - just not sure if or how space will go atm; planet voting skills J/K), hehe.

Cheers,
Vi

My guess is that "social" will be society buffs.

My guess is that "social" will be society buffs.

My guess is they will be buffs from other players. Mindforce.

Back