Location of CLD plots

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
*I put this in GD, as I think the underlying problem goes beyond just the topic of properties*

We now have three areas with CLD plots. All these locations are quite remote. Am I the only one who worries that this will copy the problem of the old housing? Old housing never really had much relevance, except for those wanting to own a home. There was no traffic there, because there was nothing else happening.

How viable are settlements if there is no TP, when there is no reason to go there, other than for those who happen to have a home?

I may be connecting dots which shouldn't be connected, but isn't this another symptom of a lack of system-thinking at the side of developers? They come up with all sorts of brilliant things, but they don't really weave in with the rest of our world, making them irrelevant to those who do not have a direct interest in, or love for, the topic. Same goes, as far as I can see, for pets: they are nice and all, but they serve no real purpose other than having a pet for having a pet. Auto-loot? Meh. Running a bit faster? Meh. More skillgains in taming...only relevant if you want to be a tamer.... Just an example.

So what is the future of these plots? Are they going to be only interesting for the happy few, or will they become bustling centres of activity like old-PA?

(Man, this is almost the same questions as those we discussed about Hadesheim...)

Look like same fate like most MA "investment oportunities" lately. It's hard for any place to be viable if there are 200 ppl online mostly at any given time and even main trading hub looks deserted. This game needs more involved players than new empty estates.

Look like same fate like most MA "investment oportunities" lately. It's hard for any place to be viable if there are 200 ppl online mostly at any given time and even main trading hub looks deserted. This game needs more involved players than new empty estates.

Well..that we need more active players has been a "given" at least since 2007 :) Well implemented estates (or other features) can be a boost to activity. Poorly executed things...not so much

Well..that we need more active players has been a "given" at least since 2007 :) Well implemented estates (or other features) can be a boost to activity. Poorly executed things...not so much

I wish they would convert the random, existing, non-enterable buildings in towns (such as Atlas Haven) into apartments or add a neighborhood to existing towns for these CLD estates rather than putting them in the middle of nowhere. This would bring life back to cities and make towns feel more like homes, rarther than places you go to in order to visit the auctioneer and/or other terminals.

I think it has to do with server capacity.

Basically we have all these crysis maps stitched together on different servers. The more objects are on one map, the more side effects appear . Lag and memory shortage lead to ctds and general unplayability. I think that may also be the reason why Hadesheim never made it to crytopia.
So while putting all these houses close to a city may be the logical thing, this may technically not be the wise choice.

I think it has to do with server capacity.

Basically we have all these crysis maps stitched together on different servers. The more objects are on one map, the more side effects appear . Lag and memory shortage lead to ctds and general unplayability. I think that may also be the reason why Hadesheim never made it to crytopia.
So while putting all these houses close to a city may be the logical thing, this may technically not be the wise choice.

While this is a very possible reason, this should not be an excuse for MindArk. There are other games that somehow allow equivalent (if not better) graphics in a MMO game space, yet don't take up the resources that Entropia does. There is some serious tuning that can most likely be done for the Entropia client and code, but instead of addressing that issue, they are following the path of least resistance. It's a shame but it might be due to short staff/funds, but it also might be that their priorities are out of line.

I went to the island south of Fort Troy to check out the plots. The Island has two landing pads and a big balcony-like space area. It is possible that they might put a new TP there.

I went to the island south of Fort Troy to check out the plots. The Island has two landing pads and a big balcony-like space area. It is possible that they might put a new TP there.

I also think it is likely they will add a TP or two in whichever update makes the plots buildable.

How is that going by the way please MA? The area count will be at 3 sold out in a short while but not a building in sight 'cough'....

Back