UL Armor Protection BUG?

K-Max

Stalker
Society
Don't Feed the Animals
Killarious K-Max Maximillion
I just heard a rumor that UL Armor is not losing protection as it decays.

Is this true?

If MA did that to UnLimited armor they may as well remove all the Limited Armor from the game because whats the fucking point to pay markup if you get nothing worth while extra, the durability advantage alone does not cover the horrid cost of crafting that armor it needs that extra bonus of full protection all the time to make it worth using over Unlimited Armor.

Also I will kind of be fucking pissed off also as last year I got tired of paying for UL high cost and started running L armor most all the time, I still own viceroy, arc ranger and hoplite. I ran the numbers and I save tons using L over UL, when hunting larger mobs, especially if I craft the shit myself, but only because if you don't repair your UL every 10 min you pay for higher decay costs.

Please don't fucking tell me MA did some 360 bullshit again and I sold all my UL sets to start running L and now they are fucking up the whole point of L.

If this is true I hope it is a bug and gets fixed. Fucking hate when MA does this shit with stuff, makes you sell shit out for better then comes back and makes the better shit you bought worse then the stuff you traded up for it.

Last edited:
I just heard a rumor that UL Armor is not losing protection as it decays.

Is this true?

If MA did that to UnLimited armor they may as well remove all the Limited Armor from the game because whats the fucking point to pay markup if you get nothing worth while extra, the durability advantage alone does not cover the horrid cost of crafting that armor it needs that extra bonus of full protection all the time to make it worth using over Unlimited Armor.

Also I will kind of be fucking pissed off also as last year I got tired of paying for UL high cost and started running L armor most all the time, I still own viceroy, arc ranger and hoplite. I ran the numbers and I save tons using L over UL, when hunting larger mobs, especially if I craft the shit myself, but only because if you don't repair your UL every 10 min you pay for higher decay costs.

Please don't fucking tell me MA did some 360 bullshit again and I sold all my UL sets to start running L and now they are fucking up the whole point of L.

If this is true I hope it is a bug and gets fixed. Fucking hate when MA does this shit with stuff, makes you sell shit out for better then comes back and makes the better shit you bought worse then the stuff you traded up for it.

EDIT: thought you meant that it did not decrease in TT ignore me
if MA makes money on decay do you think this is true? or atleast is going to stay this way for long

Last edited:
if MA makes money on decay do you think this is true? or atleast is going to stay this way for long

I have not tested it myself, so that's why I said it was a rumor and am hoping it is a bug. I also stated my opinion about why I would be pissed if it was deliberately done by MA.

I really hope its not a bug if its true that they actually reverted it back to what it once was = full protection until it breaks :)

Looks like it is true to me, armor I'm wearing has some decay, but is still at max protection

I really hope its not a bug if its true that they actually reverted it back to what it once was = full protection until it breaks :)

Well it would piss me off as I sold out for L to run more eco and now the L is crap in comparison. May as well remove all L from the game as no-one will be wanting to buy it now at all.

as an UL only armor owner, this makes me happy :D but I can see how it would piss other people off though..

Poor Arkadia now who the hell wants that armor from there? Talk about a big boot in the arse for Arkadia armor crafters.

STOP crying like a little baby, probably a bug that will be fixed within the next 5 years

I certainly understand your frustration but your case is getting muddled in the tacospeak.

If this is indeed a change, then there is still a case for L armor. Mainly for those that have different needs and don't want to spend 25k on a well rounded armor set. The static protection on L armor was not the only advantage.

What about 'Has profession requirement No' I guess it can be Yes or No. Never seen it Before either.

Chill out K-Max :) You announce a bug then freak out like it's by design.

Chances are it is a bug, but if it is by design they'll be a hell of a lot more smiles around than frowns. Limited would still have the advantage of very high durability and the option for players to use uber armour without needing tens of thousands of peds.

I certainly understand your frustration but your case is getting muddled in the tacospeak.

If this is indeed a change, then there is still a case for L armor. Mainly for those that have different needs and don't want to spend 25k on a well rounded armor set. The static protection on L armor was not the only advantage.

HMM your more a MA fanboy everyday 5$, your defending their BS more and more.

Chill out K-Max :) You announce a bug then freak out like it's by design.

Chances are it is a bug, but if it is by design they'll be a hell of a lot more smiles around than frowns. Limited would still have the advantage of very high durability and the option for players to use uber armour without needing tens of thousands of peds.

As I stated before, I only own UL armors but I dont want to invest thousands of ped to buy a shadow, angel, etc. UL set, so I still use (L) but only sparingly when I do big hunts with friends/soc, but day-to-day stuff I rock my trustworthy Liakon (or Mah'ketta for bots). I think most people prefer not having to buy (L) but it does have an impact to crafting if there is less turnover. However, there is a benefit to UL armor owners since the value should go up due to this change.

Not everyone is going to share your opinion that this is a bad change, in fact more may like it than dislike it.

It's a fair move as limited in most cases is still better Eco than the UL version ignoring the obvious ones that are overpriced.

Worth doing the math and taking a look at entropedia before making complaints about some things. And that is including markup.

Well it would piss me off as I sold out for L to run more eco and now the L is crap in comparison. May as well remove all L from the game as no-one will be wanting to buy it now at all.

It pissed me off 10x more when they changed so UL protected less while breaking, and i got pissed off way before you so i got dibs.

No kmax, I just choose not to get spun up with every change.. it's no way to live being stressed out by a game that is meant to be relaxing and fun. I buy things that I'm going to have fun with knowing that at some point other gear or changes may come along that make it devalued.

If you're going to throw a tantrum every time a change or bug is in the game.. sell out and quit now before you shave too many years off your life.

There's no need to deflect and call me a fanboy.. I'm just realistic. I am however tired of threads every day of someone crying bloody murder over something like this KNOWING and even the person having at least once said that THE GAME IS DYNAMIC.

Reactions: Mac
It pissed me off 10x more when they changed so UL protected less while breaking, and i got pissed off way before you so i got dibs.

Was that ever the case? ( Im here since 2004 and I always had to repair armor to keep getting full protection)

I don't think UL armor was changed, L armor just had the added bonus of giving full protection, no matter the tt

Last edited:
THE GAME IS DYNAMIC.

I always meant it in a sarcastic way as total bull shit. I have never support this random shit MA does to fuck us over all the time.

Very hard to get a Shadow Set uL, quit easy to get it L.

Beside that better dura on the L one.

There is still a reason for L armors!

When it comes to real UBER armors, its even worse.

L is easyer to get, some are crafted !

Was that ever the case? ( Im here since 2004 and I always had to repair armor to keep getting full protection)

I don't think UL armor was changed, L armor just had the added bonus of giving full protection, no matter the tt

yes it was the case

as an UL only armor owner, this makes me happy :D but I can see how it would piss other people off though..

I'm with you...in fact, I think there OUGHT to be some sort of advantage in using UL armor, to make the expensive purchase price worthwhile to consider.

Please let this be a permanent fix and not a bug ! UL armor is supposed to be convenient. Having to repair it every 20 damn minutes for max protection/efficiency is asinine and counter-intuitive.

If that is true, may my boar armor get back the price, what i was pay for it, years ago.

Please let this be a permanent fix and not a bug ! UL armor is supposed to be convenient. Having to repair it every 20 damn minutes for max protection/efficiency is asinine and counter-intuitive.

I'm with you on this. UL versions of (L) guns are exactly the same but are repairable. They do not do less damage as they decay. Why does armor? (L) armor still offers far superior durability and availability... UL armor should not suffer in this way.

I'm with you on this. UL versions of (L) guns are exactly the same but are repairable. They do not do less damage as they decay. Why does armor? (L) armor still offers far superior durability and availability... UL armor should not suffer in this way.

Weapons use ammo, decay of wep is 10% or less of turnover, on armor its 100%. 130% gun means 102% overall MU spent, 130% armor means 130% overall MU spent

I dont see why would would get pissed!
Did your L armor lose any of its stats or durability?
Or are you simply pissed because finally the UL owners get what they paid for?
The UL should have never lost protection same has a uL tagger doesnt lose range or a UL Mod Merc doesn't lose DPS.
I could never understand way someone that paid 2k for a supremacy L set would have more protection than the guy that paid 80k for the UL.
Use what you have, you didn't losse a single pec or armor stats with the L armor.

Its not a bug, it's actually a bugfix

I hope it is true too - a major source of my need to use peds over time has been armor repair. Lot of times I'd be in good shape, but armor needs 170peds or something like that. I wanted to go with UL before they changed it so lower TT effected protection because - L has constant mu and really I was sick of shopping for the one piece I needed when it was broke.

God bless whoever tests this and lets us know what the deal is.

MA you have my support on this, UL armor should have full protection no matter ped on the item, it still requires ppl to repair so no biggy!

Back