UL Armor Protection BUG?

Te

yes it was the case

No it wasnt. Vu 7.7 update(2005): The condition of the armor influences the protection given. There was no L armor back in 2005.
So unlimited armors were never nerfed. L armors simply gave full protection no matter the tt, which was an improvement over unlimited armor to boost sales.

No it wasnt. Vu 7.7 update(2005): The condition of the armor influences the protection given. There was no L armor back in 2005.
So unlimited armors were never nerfed. L armors simply gave full protection no matter the tt, which was an improvement over unlimited armor to boost sales.

I believe a more recent VU started showing the adjusted values when the armor wasn't full TT, right? I thought this change was recent but don't remember exactly.

I believe a more recent VU started showing the adjusted values when the armor wasn't full TT, right? I thought this change was recent but don't remember exactly.

Yes! That sounds correct. It always affected the protection, but never showed the exact details. They added this info.

Glad to see they finally fixed this...hey k-max...think of it this way...at least your tiers are cheap! :yay:

Poor Arkadia now who the hell wants that armor from there? Talk about a big boot in the arse for Arkadia armor crafters.

Thanks for your concern but I think crafters of Arkadian armour will be fine. Perseus, Pegasus, and Aquila (these armours are where the money is made) remain very useful armours. I expect to keep selling them. Yes UL armours will contribute to reduced defense costs assuming there is less need for fapping but the main benefit will be that hunters don't keep to keep so much ped tied up in their armour so can use that money for other things.

And the arkadian L plates are still really good at what they do.

I suspect that this is not a change that will persist but even if it does, I am reasonably relaxed. To be honest I am being affected more by the relatively insane level of weapon drops especially from caly, especially, especially during events like the migration. All those ELM weapons...

Yay! I hope this isn't a bug. The price for UL armors should include the obvious benefit of not getting worse when used for a long hunt.

Yay! I hope this isn't a bug. The price for UL armors should include the obvious benefit of not getting worse when used for a long hunt.

This!

(L) users still have the benefit of:

Tiers come free
Tierrates over 200
Better durability
Not running the risk of investing a large amount of peds into ul gear.

They better not fix/change this :boxer:

This!

(L) users still have the benefit of:

Tiers come free
Tierrates over 200
Better durability
Not running the risk of investing a large amount of peds into ul gear.

They better not fix/change this :boxer:

Agree! And besides L armors still have 10-15k durability and best UL armor has 5.5k something, so assume that still counts towards eco on L armor.

Well I am with those of you who support this move as I have always tried to purchase UL armour as my avatar developed, my reason being that I did not want to keep having to find (L) parts - it is enough hassle trying to make sure I always have a decent gun to use. The only exception to this is a set of Perseus with 10 plates that I keep for special occasions.

Well done MA - incidentally lots of comments here but has anyone actually checked it is genuine, might do it myself when I get home from work tonight.

guess I better start saving up to re-purchase some UL armor to go with my UL sib weapons!

:)

(actually at the level I'm playing at currently, no armor is needed, lol.... but I do want to go back to bigger hunting down the road.)

Never sold my uL sets, as I hate to search every few hunts for new parts at auction to have a full set.

Now I don´t lose protection on long hunts, thats fair enough, as I have higher decay than uL versions.

Beside that, many L armors or close or just TT food, so why bother.

Only people who get affected is those that use higher levels L sets, witch have higher markup.
Exactly those sets in UL cost several thousands PED MU, and once bought you can see it constantly losing value over the years. Ever considered this costs (devaluation) ?

Using (L) armor is from experience expensive as fakk in the long run if you include the markup. I have saved a lot of PED using UL armor and plates instead.

You can defend this move all you guys want but I converted to run L because of a few factors and that was one of the factors for me to sell UL and go L. Now I should have not sold my UL and it probably go up in price if I were to go back and try to get it all back.

This back and forth crap MA does pisses me off. I keep adapting and MA changes it just to cause me and probably others like me to just keep loosing to try to keep adapting.

I am sorry but I do not agree with this move by MA. I do not agree with all this dumping of boost crap etc. I personally think all this in the long run will hurt us not help us. But believe what you want.

Some boost stuff is good some changes here and there is good this dumping and secrete adjusting shit is bad. We should not have to just adapt and figure out all these secret quirks constantly which fuck some of us over. May not do it to all but some always seem to be effected and it sucks when it is you.

Neg rep the shit out of me IDGAFF, I think it is bad and wrong to do.

PS: next time MA just changes something you guys don't like maybe you should not say a damn thing either.

If the change was intended then there wouldn't be any point in having the min/max displayed in the item stats, so I would think this is either a temporary bug, or just an error in the way the numbers are displayed.

testing a low tt pixie on some merp will see if protec is reduced or not :scratch2:

edit : seems it have a full protection despite the low tt

Last edited:
I got my UL armor down to like 75%, then went and killed all the same mat mob...all hits were 40-66 with 10% being outside that range. After I repaired all hits were 22-46 with 10% being outside that range.

Its just a bug with display numbers I bet.

This test was short tho, but I saw enough to convince me armor protection does not stay maxxed despite what the numbers show.

5 pages in and a lot of blowing up over 2 days and none of you want to even test it? :scratch2:

I am all for people blowing up over nothing, but this one is too easy to figure out.

They nerfed the armors protection by tie it to condition, then later wanted to add (L) which ofc wouldnt work in the new system at all since they would be useless once losing tt value. So they put the old system from the UL and put it on (L) but keept the newer system on UL, not to boost sales but basicly making (L) armor useful at all.

The nerf itself happend when they put the condition as an influence on the protection.

If MA keept old system on UL and later when they added (L). (L) would basicly become a what it was supose to be, a limited version available to people who doesnt have the money to buy the UL version or just want a temporary boost in protection.

I never ever said they made any whatsoever ever ever ever nerf to UL armors after (L) was put ingame. But that doesnt mean a nerf to armors which happend to all be ul at time never happend.

You can defend this move all you guys want but I converted to run L because of a few factors and that was one of the factors for me to sell UL and go L. Now I should have not sold my UL and it probably go up in price if I were to go back and try to get it all back.

This back and forth crap MA does pisses me off. I keep adapting and MA changes it just to cause me and probably others like me to just keep loosing to try to keep adapting.

I am sorry but I do not agree with this move by MA. I do not agree with all this dumping of boost crap etc. I personally think all this in the long run will hurt us not help us. But believe what you want.

Some boost stuff is good some changes here and there is good this dumping and secrete adjusting shit is bad. We should not have to just adapt and figure out all these secret quirks constantly which fuck some of us over. May not do it to all but some always seem to be effected and it sucks when it is you.

Neg rep the shit out of me IDGAFF, I think it is bad and wrong to do.

PS: next time MA just changes something you guys don't like maybe you should not say a damn thing either.

Like Spawn said, UL armors have worked that way since 2005. It's been 10 years. In no stretch of the imagination could this be considered "back and forth crap".

I would not be surprised to see that they did this for the adj nemesis. The TT is low on that set, prohibitive for the anyone wanting to do long hunts and taking any sort of regular decay. But I also envision that they may have armor debuffs on the horizon.

One thing I am liking about the change is that it brings a real use for tiers on UL. With degrading damage, durability was the no brain-er to use for heavy decay hunts. (despite the limited gain on the lower durability on UL with enhancers)

But at max damage always, it allows the opportunity for tiered UL sets to use defense enhancers for a change and finally gain an edge worth having over time, over (L). And I must say I like using defense enhancers on dune instead (adds @20 protection), which so far shows very similar armor decay costs vs w/durability and less overall decay costs due to lower medical costs. Helps justify an investment in UL, for not only vets... but new players.

(L) still has use for me though I love the durability of them for certain protections and missions, though admittedly, I reduce alot of markup by being able to craft it or loot it, which makes it much easier to justify.

Will I be able to get my Dragon armor set adjusted soon, too? :cool:

If the change was intended then there wouldn't be any point in having the min/max displayed in the item stats, so I would think this is either a temporary bug, or just an error in the way the numbers are displayed.

It might have sense to keep min/max cause now there is new field - required lvl.
When this will get implemented, people before 'maxing' armor might have less protection from it...

it makes sense for example if a armor plate breaks, example plate(10) armor(20) will show as 30/30 if plate breaks it be 20/30

It might have sense to keep min/max cause now there is new field - required lvl.
When this will get implemented, people before 'maxing' armor might have less protection from it...

This could be very interesting! Fingers crossed they don't set the armor to be maxed at lvl 100 evade/dodge....

I got my UL armor down to like 75%, then went and killed all the same mat mob...all hits were 40-66 with 10% being outside that range. After I repaired all hits were 22-46 with 10% being outside that range.

Its just a bug with display numbers I bet.

This test was short tho, but I saw enough to convince me armor protection does not stay maxxed despite what the numbers show.

5 pages in and a lot of blowing up over 2 days and none of you want to even test it? :scratch2:

I am all for people blowing up over nothing, but this one is too easy to figure out.

Correct:wise:

well, if it ain't so, it ain't so... BUT... what about making it so if you have a full set of the same armor as a buff for having the complete set!?!... :)

Looks like I had a good hunch ;)

An issue has been identified where repairable armor parts are displaying full protection in the item info panel even when the armor part is at less than full condition. This is solely a display error; armor parts still offer declining protection as condition decreases, as they have always done in the past.
This issue will be corrected in the patch scheduled for early next week.
An upcoming feature will allow repairable armor parts to offer full protection regardless of condition if the profession requirement specified for the armor is met, however this feature is not yet fully implemented. An upcoming Entropia Buzz article will explain in more detail the planned new armor feature along with other exciting changes.

Originally Posted Here

armor parts still offer declining protection as condition decreases, as they have always done in the past.

I guess it wasn't just dementia on my side then.

An upcoming feature will allow repairable armor parts to offer full protection regardless of condition if the profession requirement specified for the armor is met, however this feature is not yet fully implemented. An upcoming Entropia Buzz article will explain in more detail the planned new armor feature along with other exciting changes.

Incredible news. Nice.. Now hopefully my level evader is high enough for the armor I wear.

Back