Help: Its broke :( No repair?

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
I can't get past the loading screen, and can't find the repair button!

My advanced technical skills of switching it off and back on again have failed, so I am at a loss!

Please help!

repair isnt an option from 'tools' in the client loader?

Seems you have discovered the new (L) Client

Reactions: Mac
Tried right clicking on the icon on desktop and going to run as admin?

:laugh: Sounds just my luck ;)

Ouch!
I hope someone can confirm what I've heard, but I believe you can now initiate a new download in a new folder which doesn't perform a full download but looks to see if the main download folders already exist.

I don't know if this is a way of making the system make sure the files are all correct (like repair used to do).
Fingers crossed for you to get back to EU unlimited!

Repair option is gone from the client loader since the early August VU.

System restore?

Alternative (and possibly quicker option) is to download the whole lot.

If you have enough HDD space you can copy your folder over as a backup (in case required)

System restore?

Alternative (and possibly quicker option) is to download the whole lot.

If you have enough HDD space you can copy your folder over as a backup (in case required)

It's on my PC which is just for EU. I Dl'd and played yesterday with the new VU, so was working with this VU. It's win 7, so a refresh? I always get confused by refresh, restore and recovery lol! Copy which folder? My chat logs?

Does everyone else still have a repair button? Or was it removed? Also, I am sure we used to be able to access tools from the client loader whilst in game ( for planet dls etc) but now its greyed out. That changed too?

Repair option is gone from the client loader since the early August VU.
:eyecrazy:
Ouch!
I hope someone can confirm what I've heard, but I believe you can now initiate a new download in a new folder which doesn't perform a full download but looks to see if the main download folders already exist.

I don't know if this is a way of making the system make sure the files are all correct (like repair used to do).

Hi Jetsina :) Oh that sounds good!

walk_through.jpg

It's on my PC which is just for EU. I Dl'd and played yesterday with the new VU, so was working with this VU. It's win 7, so a refresh? I always get confused by refresh, restore and recovery lol! Copy which folder? My chat logs?

Does everyone else still have a repair button? Or was it removed? Also, I am sure we used to be able to access tools from the client loader whilst in game ( for planet dls etc) but now its greyed out. That changed too?

Repair seems to have gone, I'm not sure why this was considered a good idea, I'd like to blame Windows 10 for it.

About Windows Restore - It puts your PC back to an earlier state if you have restore points saved (typically happens when new software installed automatically) depending on how your computer was setup, you may have no restore points to restore back to.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/system-restore-windows-7.htm

This is carried out at your own risk, but I've used this method to fix some pretty mangled PC's that have been attacked by malware successfully in the past.

The quickest and easiest solution may be to uninstall and download the whole lot rather than thrash around for 6-8 hours trying to fix it.

Can log in from another PC, so I am not banned :laugh::ahh:

The quickest and easiest solution may be to uninstall and download the whole lot rather than thrash around for 6-8 hours trying to fix it.

Yeah I think I may try that if there is no simpler solution. Thanks :)

Maybe try renaming the entropia.exe executable to try see if the clientloader notices something is wrong there...

My client (and everywhere else in the game) now looks like this: :laugh:

Blank areas where text should be, or "???".

missingtext1.jpg

I think you bought the same PC brand as Alainax. ;)

As we dont have a repair option, presumably the same advice applies to you. Or possibly there could be a VU bugfix later in the week.

(but that normally applies when there are a lot of people with issues - so far I've only seen two.)

Another two possible helpers.....

have you tried (in tools section) resetting the graphics? It makes EU look at your system to assess what mode it thinks is right for you. For some reason that got me past the stuck loading screen a few times and I redid the graphics to my true preferences when back in game again.

Also (maybe strangely), changing the planet data settings (tick or untick a planet or area) also got me going again it seemed.

I can't rule out it was a placebo and the loader was laughing itself silly at my attempts, but seeing as it worked, I'm happy!

Still wishing you luck as it's been a few hours....

I had this same issue about a month ago and was told by someone that it happens when you log out at certain areas.

I messed around till finally switching between Full screen mode and windowed mode loaded me after a few minutes.

Not sure if the "logging out in certain areas" suggestion was the issue or not , but I no longer log from Boreas.

Bones

As far as my issue goes, with all the missing text or "???" everywhere, it indeed appeared as though the VU patch update was corrupt (surprise surprise). I re-downloaded the installer from the Entropia Universe website, ran it (I didn't uninstall), and it seemed to re-download a few items...and I logged in about 5 minutes later, and everything was fixed.

EDIT: I should mention to credit MA Support, that was what they (kind of) suggested to resolve this. They suggested to do a Repair Install, but there was no option anywhere for that. I just re-ran the downloaded installer and it sorted things out...big sigh of relief!

Ouch!

I re-downloaded the installer from the Entropia Universe website, ran it (I didn't uninstall), and it seemed to re-download a few items...and I logged in about 5 minutes later, and everything was fixed.

EDIT: I should mention to credit MA Support, that was what they (kind of) suggested to resolve this. They suggested to do a Repair Install, but there was no option anywhere for that. I just re-ran the downloaded installer and it sorted things out...big sigh of relief!
This method sounded really promising, even looked that way, seemed to do everything you both mentioned... but never worked :( Thank you though.
Another two possible helpers.....

have you tried (in tools section) resetting the graphics? It makes EU look at your system to assess what mode it thinks is right for you. For some reason that got me past the stuck loading screen a few times and I redid the graphics to my true preferences when back in game again.

Also (maybe strangely), changing the planet data settings (tick or untick a planet or area) also got me going again it seemed.

I can't rule out it was a placebo and the loader was laughing itself silly at my attempts, but seeing as it worked, I'm happy!

Still wishing you luck as it's been a few hours....

Resetting the graphics didn't work, just made my screen flash and go all stretched! :(
I had thought of the planet data one too, but to no avail. I do really appreciate the help though!

I had this same issue about a month ago and was told by someone that it happens when you log out at certain areas.

I messed around till finally switching between Full screen mode and windowed mode loaded me after a few minutes.

Not sure if the "logging out in certain areas" suggestion was the issue or not , but I no longer log from Boreas.

Bones

Thanks for this, I think the resetting the graphics button did this, but didn't help :( I logged out in space.
Maybe try renaming the entropia.exe executable to try see if the clientloader notices something is wrong there...
Id probably break something if I tried this :D

Have just uninstalled :( I feel empty inside.....

Uninstall - reinstall worked :)

Usually the best thing to do with Entropia (especially with no repair)

May need to investigate what caused it, or it could happen again (or could just be bad luck)

Usually the best thing to do with Entropia (especially with no repair)

May need to investigate what caused it, or it could happen again (or could just be bad luck)

That sounds very sensible... and far above my technical level :laugh:

Back