Continued development of the missions.

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom
We have several stages of Iron missions and then for some mobs Bronze challenges.

Why not continue with Silver and Gold challenges? (even Platinum or Diamond)

10K or more mobs (points) and each time a higher maturity.

This would bring much more diversity in the LAs as well. Now almost all LA owners keep maturity on lowest to make it as attractive as possible for the Iron missions.

Be a bit more creative with the rewards; For example saving up Gold challenge reward tokens to trade in for a nice item, you could choose to take a smaller reward after one Gold challenge or save up for bigger rewards.

All of the above could be done with the current game mechanics. We have maturity based challenges, we have token traders, ... No development needed, only implementation.

I'd like to see some more of the missions extended like this, but the problem with it is that there are a lot of missions which few people have completed. In the past I think the Calypso Bronzes (and beyond) have been added to the missions that a lot of people have completed because they're on popular mobs - Argonaut, Atrox, CP etc - which seems like a good approach.

I don't see much point in adding, say, another stage for Aurli, or a bronze Hispidus mission, at least not at the moment, as few people (maybe nobody) will be ready for them.

However there are a number of missions which could use some extension as I would think quite a lot of people have completed the existing chains. Feffox, Allo/Esto, Kerberos, Eviscerator are some that spring to mind. Obviously I don't know how many people have completed those Irons but I would think it'd be a lot for all of those.

Then again, do we need more encouragement to hunt mobs that are already popular? Wouldn't it be better to add iron missions for mobs that don't already have them and which are sometimes neglected as a result? Chomper, Letomie, Fungoid, Boorum are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

I'd like to see some more of the missions extended like this, but the problem with it is that there are a lot of missions which few people have completed. In the past I think the Calypso Bronzes (and beyond) have been added to the missions that a lot of people have completed because they're on popular mobs - Argonaut, Atrox, CP etc - which seems like a good approach.

I don't see much point in adding, say, another stage for Aurli, or a bronze Hispidus mission, at least not at the moment, as few people (maybe nobody) will be ready for them.

However there are a number of missions which could use some extension as I would think quite a lot of people have completed the existing chains. Feffox, Allo/Esto, Kerberos, Eviscerator are some that spring to mind. Obviously I don't know how many people have completed those Irons but I would think it'd be a lot for all of those.

Then again, do we need more encouragement to hunt mobs that are already popular? Wouldn't it be better to add iron missions for mobs that don't already have them and which are sometimes neglected as a result? Chomper, Letomie, Fungoid, Boorum are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

If there was an awesome reward for a gold mission, people would do the iron mission first ofc.

But if you see now that a Bronze mission has a crappy reward nobody cares of doing the Iron either.

Lets say if you can see at the Gold Mission Token trade 20 tokens and you can get a uber weapon/heal tool/armor/MF chip/Scopes,... this would give a boost to all missions.

And there wouldn't be necessarily be an impact to the economy, lets say a certain Unl. SIB weapon drops every 100.000 kills of a certain mob, they could just remove it from the loot and put it as a mission reward.
This way the same amount of drops ingame, the grinder gets rewarded and not the lucky bastard that got the item after 3 mobs. (Some items should still drop randomly to keep it exiting as well.)

I'm not really a fan of items as mission rewards, other than trophy type items that are just for show.

The main problem I have with item rewards is that, even if the mission is very hard and long, it makes the supply effectively limitless unless they subsequently move the goalposts by changing the reward and/or the way it's achieved, which can only result in ill will (as in the Stolen Imperium shambles on Cyrene).

In your example, if the item was that great then everyone would just work on that mission to the exclusion of everything else, which is also bad for balance.

In your example, if the item was that great then everyone would just work on that mission to the exclusion of everything else, which is also bad for balance.

Not if you work with tokens, you could hunt any type of mob gather the tokens. Just some would be maybe harder to do than others an reward different amount of tokens.

Ofc. I haven't worked this out in detail, it's like a spur of the moment idea that with a bit of good thinking would be a nice addition I think.

Back