Question: New Newbie Mission - Iron Will

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
I was bored and decided to give this a shot... Something ended up instantly killing me at the end of the cave - not sure what. So I never got the bonus crates.

Might anyone know what happens if you successfully gather all 10 bonus crates? Wondering what amazing reward I missed out on :laugh:

I was bored and decided to give this a shot... Something ended up instantly killing me at the end of the cave - not sure what. So I never got the bonus crates.

Might anyone know what happens if you successfully gather all 10 bonus crates? Wondering what amazing reward I missed out on :laugh:

Which cave? Coordinates ? :scratch2:

Same here but had a popup before about the air being thin or something and having walked there for 20 minutes (really?) lol

Same here but had a popup before about the air being thin or something and having walked there for 20 minutes (really?) lol

Died a few seconds after I shut down the power, so there must be a short timer after that and you die instantly.

That electric field covering the last crate never shut off =/

@Mega, this is a mission chain. The new one for newbies, northwest of Icarus. First you kill some argos, then it sends you into the cave.

Northwest of Icarus? > Nus Lull outpost you mean or elsewhere?
I'm always interested to do noobie missions :)

I guess the amount of found crates affects the ammo reward. For all 10 I got 0.5 ped of ammo :)

If you shoot the generator (people say there is another way) you have about 5 second to leave the generator room or the blast will kill you, enough if start running immediately. But you can safely collect all crates before sabotaging the installation.

That electric field covering the last crate never shut off =/

I don't know if that crate is collectable, but there are 10 crates in the cave (total in all rooms) not counting that one, after which the mission log says that you've found all.

P.S.: the mission chain starts at new outpost at 62770, 75230

Last edited:

Maybe you ran into the electric field, because there aren't any mobs in there that strong. I went into it deliberately thinking it might just do a few points of damage like the ones in the beacon missions. I was wrong, it killed me instantly and now I'm short two bonus crates, too :laugh:

If you shoot the generator (people say there is another way) you have about 5 second to leave the generator room or the blast will kill you, enough if start running immediately. But you can safely collect all crates before sabotaging the installation.
I was in there certainly longer than 5 seconds after shooting the generator. Or did I miss something else? Is this repeatable?

I was in there certainly longer than 5 seconds after shooting the generator. Or did I miss something else? Is this repeatable?

Maybe you were far enough from the field.

I did the cave mission twice. The first time I found only 1 crate and didn't even look for others as I assumed that's all. Then I shot the generator but didn't run, died and revived at the other part of the cave. Upon returning to the npc I postponed the selection of armor part, it's bugged out, and I had to abandon the mission and start the cave again. This time I noticed another crate and kept looking until mission log said that I'm found all 10. After shooting the generator I immediately ran to the exit and survived.

Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to return back to the generator room after the blast and check things out. Maybe the crate inside the field becomes accessible after the blast and contains some additional reward. On the other hand, I didn't even notice there's something inside the field, was too busy collecting the crates :D

The mission is not repeatable. If you return after you've collected the reward, you get a message that entrance is caved in and there's nothing to see there.

Reactions: ZPF
I guess the amount of found crates affects the ammo reward. For all 10 I got 0.5 ped of ammo :)

I don't know if that crate is collectable, but there are 10 crates in the cave (total in all rooms) not counting that one, after which the mission log says that you've found all.

P.S.: the mission chain starts at new outpost at 62770, 75230

Thanks! I must have missed one crate, I only counted 9 aside from the one behind the field. I guess that electric field is just there to troll us.

When you destroy power regulator you need to get out fast.
If to slow you get killed by explosion, mission ended.

The last 10th bonus crate, you will get if you make it out of last room, befor explosion, close to the exit of the cave.

When you destroy power regulator you need to get out fast.
If to slow you get killed by explosion, mission ended.

The last 10th bonus crate, you will get if you make it out of last room, befor explosion, close to the exit of the cave.

Do you get anything for them? I only got the 9 because I alt+tabbed at the last bit, came back and found I was dead lol.

I Think I didn't get anything special. Got faceguard as reward. I did die in that room though (after 10 crates).

Maybe you were far enough from the field.
Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to return back to the generator room after the blast and check things out. Maybe the crate inside the field becomes accessible after the blast and contains some additional reward.

The field looks like the type of field that's in the corridor in the beacon missions - if you get hit you take a 20-30 HP hit. You can also get behind the field by running around (on the back side) of the generator.

Last edited:
I Think I didn't get anything special. Got faceguard as reward. I did die in that room though (after 10 crates).

The field looks like the type of field that's in the corridor in the beacon missions - if you get hit you take a 20-30 HP hit. You can also get behind the field by running around (on the back side) of the generator.

Was there anything behind the field?
As Svarog said, I think the bonus reward was more ammo. Everyone gets the piece of armor choice, even if you got 0 crates I believe.

Bit of a necro, but I finally got around to starting and finishing this mission.

I did the 3 questions, and presume I got all 3 correct, as I received the green tick for disabling the Robot Installation.

One clarification, you can get all 10 crates before you engage with the console (probably the best way).

Back