ToS Space Migration 2015

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, space creatures roamed in great wild packs. Where they could swarm and hunt as an almighty force. Over the millennia, the populations of space creatures were reduced to almost extinction by willful eradication by unknown alien life forms.
The space creatures as we know them today, as a mere shadow of their former strength, maturity and density. Living in secluded groups, the gene pool dwindling, these mobs were destined to extinction unless something could be done.

The Epic space migration of 2015 began. A group of space engineers with a keen interest in the biodiversity of space mobs, took the initiative to try to save these once mighty beings from a fate worse than death – extinction. In order to execute this plan, the mobs would have to be encouraged to venture out of their small secluded fields, and head off into the open space lands to find better resources, and more importantly – each other.

With the help of some large vessels, and a team of skilled pilots and crew, the migration begun. Mobs were rounded up uninjured from all locations across the universe, and gently guided to the migration plains. Soon vast herds of mobs were gathering, and there was a glimpse of how the universe once was, and how it could be once again. Guided by the vessels, the mobs followed the ancient migration paths of their ancestors, out of the safe fields, and into deep space.

The spawns were dense, but alas the maturities were still so low. The millennia of inbreeding had resulted in a catastrophic dilution of the gene pool. Creating creatures who could barely take down a quad wing. This just could not be left to continue.

The space engineers took the drastic decision to cull all but the mightiest of mobs across a wide gene spectrum, in the hopes of eradicating the inbred creatures.

Now that the cull has taken place - we require the help of Mindark, to ensure the survival of the space creatures. To encourage higher maturities the likes of which we have never seen before to flourish, and for the herds to become so incredibly dense, for the sake of their future.

Migration Statistics:
week 1:
1080 Space Horrors
185 Locusta
26 Dropships
total 1291 (~76% of all lifeforms in space at any one time)

week 2:
1049 Space Horrors
183 Locusta
89 Skyflails
22 Dropships
12 Dymleks
total 1355 (~78% of all lifeforms in space at any one time, with the remaining 22% consisting of low maturity cosmic horrors in remote locations)

A total of 2646 space creatures were guided to their Migration points were the selection and breeding took place.

It is our sincerest hope that this migration will leed to a revitalisation of life in space and allow it to develop and prosper - may the powers that be be inspired to allow what could be...

Last edited:
Something to think about:

Close to 80% of all lifeforms in space were migrated and then killed by one mothership making use of 3-6 gunner seats during one evening of hunting.
The gunner seats were limited to 3-6 because even with 80% of the universes creatures in place there were not enough targets in gunning & looting range in any one moment to actually keep 11 gunners busy, which is the number of gun turrets that can be utilized on a mothership with armament device III.

Dear Mindark, considering that one mothership can theoretically take on the entirety of all space creatures, what are the other ships supposed to do meanwhile ?

We really hope development is going to plan and the promised pve content will be implemented soon - ToS Starfleet is looking forward to engage on a thousand dropships at once or to take down the first 'Space Hussk' - because we could if there was one !

And maybe we can look forward to a space migration 2016 which doesnt need engineers from ToS to make it happen ;)

We are eagerly preparing for the future and hope you will match our speed :D

Last edited:
This was an epic adventure and a nice fun event for the ship and crew.

Skills were available pretty much 24 hours a day ( and still are ) for the dedicated repair crews and pilots however even with this number of mobs and incoming damage MA still needs to do more to offer a real challenge.

More mobs , bigger maturity mobs and denser spawns please MA , you know it makes sense :yay:

Was so great to be part of such an epic event. Really must say well done to all the crew who made it possible. Your dedication in rounding up those space mobs near 24/7 for weeks was outstanding. Really gave a lot of great info on the densities of the spawns and the amount of creatures in space as a whole.

Please mindark, look at the video, space needs real clusters of mobs like that, not the tiny sparse fields there is currently.

The mobs should NOT be anywhere near a space station. Time and again I see ships dragging mobs to be killed by station turrets.

Was so great to be part of such an epic event. Really must say well done to all the crew who made it possible. Your dedication in rounding up those space mobs near 24/7 for weeks was outstanding. Really gave a lot of great info on the densities of the spawns and the amount of creatures in space as a whole.

Please mindark, look at the video, space needs real clusters of mobs like that, not the tiny sparse fields there is currently.

Yes ! and more Dropships for our Bonnie ! :yay:

It was a fun night with alot of action. But it was way to easy to shoot all mobs. MA please give us bigger space creatures. NOW!

boy that look awesome :yay: what to do to be part of this :scratch2: ?

Drop us a pm and come on board! :cool: We are still rounding them up this week, seems to be a bit more fun to kill a huge mass of them ;)

Just as long as they dont put them in the main paths that most people use when travelling between planets.

Because that is what space is for about 97% of us that dont own Motherships and Privateers - a 45 minute TV show / or read a book.

And that is before the genius idea of making all of space lootable PVP (about as popular as herpes from most polling that I've seen.)

If anything, I'd request a NON lootable space zone with Mobs in, and see if that worked. The issue is getting it home safe though - that needs some working out. Maybe an asteroid there with a storage terminal on it. Turrets on the asteroid, pirates get shot down on approaching.

Last edited:
I think it should be like it is on planet.

There are areas very dense with mobs, where people go hunt - and areas with very few or no mobs at all.

I don't however think space should be bypassed, being no more than a 40 min void/book read/tv watch. It should be interactive and immersive for everyone. Even if that is just dodging a few little mobs on the way, like you would do if you were tp running back in the old days. And if one doesn't want to pay attention and dodge mobs, there is always warp ships :)

Reactions: San
I think it should be like it is on planet.

There are areas very dense with mobs, where people go hunt - and areas with very few or no mobs at all.

I don't however think space should be bypassed, being no more than a 40 min void/book read/tv watch. It should be interactive and immersive for everyone. Even if that is just dodging a few little mobs on the way, like you would do if you were tp running back in the old days. And if one doesn't want to pay attention and dodge mobs, there is always warp ships :)

Well of course you have a vested interest in promoting Warp Ships, I've never known how to get on one, and if the one or two people I know who own or use one are online when I decide to travel at 3am, I expect they'd be at Next Island and let me know they'll be at Calypso in 40 mins or something like that.

Yes of course, there are the Ferrari Quads too but it's just too much palaver TBH. :)

I actually support the idea of dense space mob zones, but they should be in the corners of the map so travellers aren't affected and Mothership owners can have epic battles and share their impressive youtube vids without affecting the gameplay of others.

Mothership owners may instead request a terminal (similar to the advertising terminal) that players can access in-game to see who is doing taxi rides and who is online, but of course the downside is the bad guys would love that information. Probably why it's not happened. ;)

I actually support the idea of dense space mob zones, but they should be in the corners of the map so travellers aren't affected and Mothership owners can have epic battles and share their impressive youtube vids without affecting the gameplay of others.

I'm ok with this, anything is better than we currently have! Imagine if your team had to gather up 75% of the mobs on Calypso, just to have a decent hunt - there would be out cry!

There are lots that need to happen to make space an enjoyable experience for everyone. Iron missions, increased density/maturity, new mobs, updated loot table for all existing mobs, get rid of log off protection, fix turreting of mobs. The list goes on and until MA makes a serious update for space there will be more and more things that need fixing.

I'm ok with this, anything is better than we currently have! Imagine if your team had to gather up 75% of the mobs on Calypso, just to have a decent hunt - there would be out cry!

Support case time then I think (can't really blame MA for not reading all the petty arguments that occur on PCF) but now and again there is light amongst the heat generated.

Bear in mind the mobs may have been spawned sparsely because it was hard for MA to test a decent mob density for hunters unless they used their official MA mothership (I think there is one?)

I did skim a spawn when going to Cyrene which interrupted my book and I wondered how fast they were ;) but if those who actively hunt (such as those in your society) approve of a dense spawn in a corner and everyone else is pleased (who just travel through) then thats a win/win for everyone?

The last time I checked, Mindark is an entertainment company, and if they can improve things for their players and is potentially profitable for them, I think they may just implement it. :)

Short Version: Put the damn squids in the corner and stop them bothering me.
:D

That's just it though. Many support cases have been written and they all get the same response. We will forward your suggestions to the design team. And then case closed.

I have hunted some mobs when we had a privateer in society. But the lootable bit was always a gamebreaker.
It simply is the worst decision Mindark ever made.

That's just it though. Many support cases have been written and they all get the same response. We will forward your suggestions to the design team. And then case closed.

And yet Rick England mentioned how the pavement was lousy at Ithaca and it was fixed inside a week.

Depends on the support case I suppose.

Here's another one - when was that missing Space mob last requested to be re-instated?

I've never heard of the dropship mob, got any good pics of it? 3000 hp? Seems like the mob you're asking for.

EDIT:
Image.aspx

Damn, I want to go hunting these. Can I come with you next time?

I think Mega means the Hermit ?

The dropships are quite a "fun" mob , some love them some hate them . I quite enjoy the challenge they offer :eyecrazy:

I think Mega means the Hermit ?

The dropships are quite a "fun" mob , some love them some hate them . I quite enjoy the challenge they offer :eyecrazy:

I do mean the Hermit.

I've never seen one and current status is "Dodo" because (as far as I understand these things) they put a planet where it used to be. Status:Extinct :)

I've seen a good pic of one, but I dont appear to have it to hand. Maybe someone else does....

wtf

so basically u are telling everyone u went and empty all the tg of mobs so u could drag them to one place. so u could brag about it on forums. let check what was the result of this. cause of u I spent hrs flying a ms and gaining no skill cause u wanted u own little hunting ground. so basically u screwed a lot of ppl that kinda makes u worst than the pirated. At least they let u know they are screwing u over.

I've never heard of the dropship mob, got any good pics of it? 3000 hp? Seems like the mob you're asking for.

Thier slightly higher matures are better than the others, but sadly no where near enough :( they are sparse and buggers for having a crap agro. Even with us gathering almost all the dropships in the universe and dragging them to mix with the other mobs to kill, it still didn't feel the way a real challenging mob should.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?272158-Dropship

Bear in mind these guns deal 500 roughly per shot, 3000hp is dead in 6 shots :(

Damn, I want to go hunting these. Can I come with you next time?

Drop us a pm in game :)

I do mean the Hermit.

I've never seen one and current status is "Dodo" because (as far as I understand these things) they put a planet where it used to be. Status:Extinct :)

I've seen a good pic of one, but I dont appear to have it to hand. Maybe someone else does....

Don't remind me :cry:
Poor poor hermits.

Don't remind me :cry:
Poor poor hermits.

So do something about it. :thumbup:

EDIT: Perhaps politely ask for Hermits to come back rather than spend a few days redesigning the login interface?

Because you miss them.

I actually want space to work, put those who love lootable space in the corners out my way, pirates to get shot down by space stations and friendly asteroids and all sorts of things that MA can implement to make it work a bit more like Adam's wife.

Last edited:
so basically u are telling everyone u went and empty all the tg of mobs so u could drag them to one place. so u could brag about it on forums. let check what was the result of this. cause of u I spent hrs flying a ms and gaining no skill cause u wanted u own little hunting ground. so basically u screwed a lot of ppl that kinda makes u worst than the pirated. At least they let u know they are screwing u over.

We didn't take them all. I am sorry you were not able to cheat the system by gaining pilot skills and turreting them mobs when you where done with them.

We didn't take them all. I am sorry you were not able to cheat the system by gaining pilot skills and turreting them mobs when you where done with them.

how is this cheating from my understanding it how the mechanics of the game works. just like sweating at sweat circle. but what u guys did just screw me and a lot of ppl out of skills from repairing or piloting. question how u guys get ur skills up.

I think Qster has a very valid point here - while we were proceeding with our universal space migration there was not one single person asking in public channels for mobs ! People were not asking because they have grown used to sparse spawns were you have to spent alot of time to find the next one - if there actually were serious dense mob fields in place - everyone would notice right away if they left - people would talk in public channels about it and figure out what happened.
That someone flys a ship around for hours and doesnt even think about asking were the mobs are - says alot.

On the other hand Leigh, you could have worded your opinion definately more polite - after all i guess you can be happy that we dont hunt on ark tg more then a few times a year because we only need one collect to scoop up most of the mobs of any one space la - be glad we hunt somewhere else ;)

And this is what this thread is about - we shouldnt need to 'collect' mobs at all to get our gunners busy for a few minutes - hunting in space should be about the pilot trying to avoid incomming damage and not piling it up, the gunners shooting down the attackers to keep the ship safe and not sitting on repairs because there is nothing to do on the guns and the repaircrew running between stations to give their best in holding the ship together to buy their gunners those extra seconds they need to win over the attackers instead of going afk on one station for many hours because of 'total damage control' evenly spread out over the ship.

Give us some serious mob spawns Mindark to keep everyone a reason to get busy and active in space instead of 'chilling' out in the middle of lootable pvp because nothing unexpected will happen.
Fix shipaggro - mobs should aggro on the ship not the players - this would change a great deal of how hunting in space is performed.

Actually John, several people talked about the sparse mob spawns at the TG's, so much so I toured several in my quad to check if the apparent low spawn at Ark was simply an effect of the number of vessels skilling there. My observations led me to believe, falsely it seems, that MA had reduced the spawn rates. Something I did query with them.

As for Qster's response to Leigh... what an arrogance... do you even know Leigh, do you know if he hunts his dries or turrets them ?

Oh and btw MA have long since confirmed turreting in space is no more an exploit than it is on planet, it is a designed game feature, to enable player choice.

Many ships/pilots other than TOS regularly kill their mobs..
Players will however make their choices based on personal preference, state of their ped card and even time until they need to be elsewhere in RL

Leigh was upset that he spent game time trying to skill, and this was inhibited by the actions of others. An effect that I am sure was unintended, as I have no doubt it was assumed the mobs would respawn at point of origin once killed.
That he was annoyed is not unreasonable accusing him of exploit is totally unreasonable not to mention likely to break the rules of this forum

Next time perhaps a discussion rather than instant accusations would be better for everyone

Back