ToS Space Migration 2015

This migration had more then just one purpose.
We also used it to meassure the total number of mobs in space and per space la at any one point.
We wanted to see at which point someone would notice/acknowledge that spawns were smaller as a method to determine which spawns in space get currently used at all.
I was expecting someone to mention it either in space travel, #space_travel or #space_council - it didnt happen.
We gathered alot of usefull data with this migration including the knowledge that if we had left ark tg unattended noone would have really noticed or went checking at all - in fact im quite convinced that the second week of the migration even though of bigger scale then the first week probably wasnt recognized as much just because we left ark tg unattended till the last day.
Thats how popular space is due to its non existant content.

I agree that Space needs a huge overhaul, better content and Spawns should be increased to much higher levels than what we have today.

That being said, your methods to measure the effect needs to be refined. If a question had been asked in either chat on if there were any issues finding mobs in TG, I think your feedback would have been quite different and you would have had a better measure of the effect you had. Measuring success/failure with actual responses (Data) is always better than using a lack of response (No Data) as your indicator.

I can tell you that I flew several shifts during that time and it was hard to find 6-7 mobs to put damage on the ship in my assigned hour. This is a huge change from today when I can get 30-40 in about half that time. We all thought MA had either screwed up the spawns or were just screwing us again so we put in support cases where they claimed not to have done anything.

I hope that observation will assist you for any future planning around this effort.. :twocents:

Sorry that I callled people cowards. I mean people not willing to take the risk

Off topic.....

Last edited:
very nice work

Wow Beautiful work here and so proud to see players making EU what it is. This drivers me to do more, get more, and help make Our Home and Play grounds a better place. Well done everyone. Salute o7 to you all.

This is exactly what is being complained about in the other thread. Why was this ever not abuse?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-on-community-to-hide-space-mobs-from-others/

I fail completely to see how this is not harassment. It looks loke they might still doing it as well if the other thread is discussing it. Well actually it could be anyone else doing it but someone is. What makes this not harassment but makes the other situation so? I don't see a difference.

Last edited:
This is exactly what is being complained about in the other thread. Why was this ever not abuse?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-on-community-to-hide-space-mobs-from-others/

I fail completely to see how this is not harassment. It looks loke they might still doing it as well if the other thread is discussing it. Well actually it could be anyone else doing it but someone is. What makes this not harassment but makes the other situation so? I don't see a difference.

No it's quite different. This thread is from 2015. The pirate thread is them complaining about us interrupting their warp mining of innocent travellers. We moved skyflails from mid space to the warp gate where they were placing warp mines. not horrors from training grounds. If a particular training ground is currently sparse I suggest more people petition MA to increase mob density and consider an alternative hunting grounds.

The point of this in 2015 was precisely that.

The pirate thread is them complaining about us interrupting their warp mining of innocent travellers. We moved skyflails from mid space to the warp gate where they were placing warp mines. not horrors from training grounds.

Forget the warp gate, this is simply where your society was caught RED HANDED.
The other thread was more about people, regular players WHO ARE NOT PIRATES, they are discouraged by the game due to others thinking they can re-arrange the mob structure at their beck and call.

If you hear them going on about protecting innocent warp ships, this is pure unrelated nonsense.

Even so, protect with your lasers, dont ruin the gameplay for countless others because you want to "migrate the mobs" ... give me a break.... :eyecrazy:

More and more people are messaging me also to back me up about this, perhaps soon ill have enough to fill up my screen and post a nice screenshot :)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, space creatures roamed in great wild packs. Where they could swarm and hunt as an almighty force. Over the millennia, the populations of space creatures were reduced to almost extinction by willful eradication by unknown alien life forms.
The space creatures as we know them today, as a mere shadow of their former strength, maturity and density. Living in secluded groups, the gene pool dwindling, these mobs were destined to extinction unless something could be done.

The Epic space migration of 2015 began. A group of space engineers with a keen interest in the biodiversity of space mobs, took the initiative to try to save these once mighty beings from a fate worse than death – extinction. In order to execute this plan, the mobs would have to be encouraged to venture out of their small secluded fields, and head off into the open space lands to find better resources, and more importantly – each other.

With the help of some large vessels, and a team of skilled pilots and crew, the migration begun. Mobs were rounded up uninjured from all locations across the universe, and gently guided to the migration plains. Soon vast herds of mobs were gathering, and there was a glimpse of how the universe once was, and how it could be once again. Guided by the vessels, the mobs followed the ancient migration paths of their ancestors, out of the safe fields, and into deep space.

The spawns were dense, but alas the maturities were still so low. The millennia of inbreeding had resulted in a catastrophic dilution of the gene pool. Creating creatures who could barely take down a quad wing. This just could not be left to continue.

The space engineers took the drastic decision to cull all but the mightiest of mobs across a wide gene spectrum, in the hopes of eradicating the inbred creatures.

Now that the cull has taken place - we require the help of Mindark, to ensure the survival of the space creatures. To encourage higher maturities the likes of which we have never seen before to flourish, and for the herds to become so incredibly dense, for the sake of their future.

Migration Statistics:
week 1:
1080 Space Horrors
185 Locusta
26 Dropships
total 1291 (~76% of all lifeforms in space at any one time)

week 2:
1049 Space Horrors
183 Locusta
89 Skyflails
22 Dropships
12 Dymleks
total 1355 (~78% of all lifeforms in space at any one time, with the remaining 22% consisting of low maturity cosmic horrors in remote locations)

A total of 2646 space creatures were guided to their Migration points were the selection and breeding took place.

It is our sincerest hope that this migration will leed to a revitalisation of life in space and allow it to develop and prosper - may the powers that be be inspired to allow what could be...

Although, I am skeptical about revitalization of life in space in EU,I hope MA does realize the potential is there. I love your post JBK..and hope MA views it as a realm to explore. :wtg:

Last edited:
Forget the warp gate, this is simply where your society was caught RED HANDED.
The other thread was more about people, regular players WHO ARE NOT PIRATES, they are discouraged by the game due to others thinking they can re-arrange the mob structure at their beck and call.

If you hear them going on about protecting innocent warp ships, this is pure unrelated nonsense.

Even so, protect with your lasers, dont ruin the gameplay for countless others because you want to "migrate the mobs" ... give me a break.... :eyecrazy:

More and more people are messaging me also to back me up about this, perhaps soon ill have enough to fill up my screen and post a nice screenshot :)

The tears.. they are so real..
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Michael_Jordan_crying.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see such a divided opinion on this one. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Interesting to see such a divided opinion on this one. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

To less than 3% of the community they were ... and im quoting here...
"A group of space engineers with a keen interest in the biodiversity of space mobs, took the initiative to try to save these once mighty beings from a fate worse than death"

97% of the rest of the community were left wondering where the mobs had gone to, left with a bored crew who INVESTED money to go and skill but only to be left with the aftermath of golden boys self proclaimed migration bullshit :laugh:

You probably only started this thread because you received complaints from a bunch of other players who were left wondering what you had done with all the mobs.
Then you come up with your fantastical story.

You know... just to bring up the mob stealing thread again... call me naive here, but to me its starting to look like your greifing the other skilling ships in order for yourself and Kronan to get a foot ahead.
What better way then to remove all the mobs from Ark training ground and then blame it on some bullshit story about the pirates when infact its just you on your little power trip ruining the game for a majority of the others who want to enjoy space... :yup::yup::yup::yup:

Forget the warp gate, this is simply where your society was caught RED HANDED.)

Utter lies. We very specifically brought the mobs to the warp gate to engage in battle, so at least when we killed you you would have loot. You were at the warp gate mining innocent travellers, So we made it more interesting all mobs were there to die. No one would have missed out. Hopefully allowing more people could travel safely.

You cannot catch someone red handed when they specifically come to you! It's beyond belief that you keep saying that!

But we are of course saying the exact same stuff, on two separate threads. One from 2015...

Do you think it's a case of the more places you say stupid things the more people will believe you?

Utter lies. We very specifically brought the mobs to the warp gate to engage in battle, so at least when we killed you you would have loot. You were at the warp gate mining innocent travellers, So we made it more interesting all mobs were there to die. No one would have missed out. Hopefully allowing more people could travel safely.

You cannot catch someone red handed when they specifically come to you! It's beyond belief that you keep saying that!

But we are of course saying the exact same stuff, on two separate threads. One from 2015...

Do you think it's a case of the more places you say stupid things the more people will believe you?

I guess you were all just too stupid to realize your mistake, simple as that.
The thread from 2015 was fantastic thank you, I added this to the support case, hopefully this add some more "meat" to the harassment case put fourth by many members of the community.

I guess you were all just too stupid to realize your mistake, simple as that.
The thread from 2015 was fantastic thank you, I added this to the support case, hopefully this add some more "meat" to the harassment case put fourth by many members of the community.

If you are going to post in a thread at least read it.

We sent this to MA, this whole thread, this whole idea, the whole point of this is to petition MA to increase spawn density and maturing for the benifit of all space users.

So do fee free to send it again to MA, maybe 2 years later they might listen.

If you are going to post in a thread at least read it.

We sent this to MA, this whole thread, this whole idea, the whole point of this is to petition MA to increase spawn density and maturing for the benifit of all space users.

So do fee free to send it again to MA, maybe 2 years later they might listen.

I included it more to show that this is something that your very good at doing, I didnt think the crew of Kronan was smart enough to pull something like this off at the Ark training grounds. Thanks for proving the concept tho ! :)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, space creatures roamed in great wild packs. Where they could swarm and hunt as an almighty force. Over the millennia, the populations of space creatures were reduced to almost extinction by willful eradication by unknown alien life forms.
The space creatures as we know them today, as a mere shadow of their former strength, maturity and density. Living in secluded groups, the gene pool dwindling, these mobs were destined to extinction unless something could be done.

The Epic space migration of 2015 began. A group of space engineers with a keen interest in the biodiversity of space mobs, took the initiative to try to save these once mighty beings from a fate worse than death – extinction. In order to execute this plan, the mobs would have to be encouraged to venture out of their small secluded fields, and head off into the open space lands to find better resources, and more importantly – each other.

With the help of some large vessels, and a team of skilled pilots and crew, the migration begun. Mobs were rounded up uninjured from all locations across the universe, and gently guided to the migration plains. Soon vast herds of mobs were gathering, and there was a glimpse of how the universe once was, and how it could be once again. Guided by the vessels, the mobs followed the ancient migration paths of their ancestors, out of the safe fields, and into deep space.

The spawns were dense, but alas the maturities were still so low. The millennia of inbreeding had resulted in a catastrophic dilution of the gene pool. Creating creatures who could barely take down a quad wing. This just could not be left to continue.

The space engineers took the drastic decision to cull all but the mightiest of mobs across a wide gene spectrum, in the hopes of eradicating the inbred creatures.

Now that the cull has taken place - we require the help of Mindark, to ensure the survival of the space creatures. To encourage higher maturities the likes of which we have never seen before to flourish, and for the herds to become so incredibly dense, for the sake of their future.

Migration Statistics:
week 1:
1080 Space Horrors
185 Locusta
26 Dropships
total 1291 (~76% of all lifeforms in space at any one time)

week 2:
1049 Space Horrors
183 Locusta
89 Skyflails
22 Dropships
12 Dymleks
total 1355 (~78% of all lifeforms in space at any one time, with the remaining 22% consisting of low maturity cosmic horrors in remote locations)

A total of 2646 space creatures were guided to their Migration points were the selection and breeding took place.

It is our sincerest hope that this migration will leed to a revitalisation of life in space and allow it to develop and prosper - may the powers that be be inspired to allow what could be...

3 years later no spawns have changed in space...
Dear Mindark, please consider that 'your' space is 3 dimensional, so if you take planetside average spawnnumbers and apply them to space your spawns will be so sparse that it takes forever to even find a mob to hunt.
Example:
You have 200 mobs spawned on a 2 dimensional plane of 100mx100m = 10,000sqm that means you have 1 mob per 50sqm which kinda works for steady hunting.
Now drop those same 200 mobs in a 3 dimensional plane of 100mx100mx100m = 1,000,000 cubic meter that means you have 1 mob per 5,000 cubic metres...see the difference ? Obviously you will spent alot of time searching for your mob before you can shoot it then you have to search again.
Now please look on the actual spawn numbers as given from our 2015 migration tests - spawns like dropships or dymleks are nowhere close to 200 mobs and the fields in which you have those mobs are far larger then just 100m per side.
Ontop of that the subwarp traveling speed of larger ships makes it a torture to search for a spawn of 20ish mobs in a field of over 10,000,000 cubic meters...

If you dont want to put mob spawns of several thousand mobs per spawn out there (what you would need to fill such large 3d fields) then atleast implement dynamic spawning - means let the death of one mob immediatly spawn another one in visible range and with a 50% chance of spawning a second one or spawning the next higher maturity.
To avoid ending up with insanely huge mob spawns, just have the additional mobs despawn again if they loose aggro and 10min pass.

Back