WOOHOO big congrats to Wub H4hhWolfe Wub and his super HOF!!!

Hartwin

Mature
Miss Gloria Hugo
[Globals]: Wub H4hhWolfe Wub manufactured an item (Explosive Projectiles) worth 67889 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame ALL TIME HIGH. Congratulations!

was there to see it, now with him on ts :D gratz friend!

Last edited:
Call me bitter but i've got 2 soc mates spent months grinding these BP, they've been in EU for years and this player who looks like his Ava is 2 months old scores the ATH......

GZ dude but seriously MA have a word with yourselfs! When was the last hunting ATH outwith an Event? or how about a crafting or mining ATH for joe Blogs who is not gambling away his house and car?

Call me bitter but i've got 2 soc mates spent months grinding these BP, they've been in EU for years and this player who looks like his Ava is 2 months old scores the ATH......

GZ dude but seriously MA have a word with yourselfs! When was the last hunting ATH outwith an Event? or how about a crafting or mining ATH for joe Blogs who is not gambling away his house and car?

Can you tell me what is the difference between noob getting ATH and some old player?
Every single click is a chance (same for everyone) so if Old players spend 95% of the money and noobs only 5% then it is quite logical that one out of 20ATHs is received by new avatar.
Loot size depends on the input, so if you want to ATH, be ready to pay most per click, but usually gamblers are willing to pay more than sweat gathering old timers.

I dunno, things like this make me feel good as give a ghostly hope that even a noob like me might taste a piece of the pie one day :). With a distribution according to "merits", a 5-digit would never seep down past the top100 of ubers, which would have been fair but would kill the incentive for many.

Can you tell me what is the difference between noob getting ATH and some old player?
Every single click is a chance (same for everyone) so if Old players spend 95% of the money and noobs only 5% then it is quite logical that one out of 20ATHs is received by new avatar.
Loot size depends on the input, so if you want to ATH, be ready to pay most per click, but usually gamblers are willing to pay more than sweat gathering old timers.

Yawn just forget it ;)

well, big gz!

but this: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:
Highest Loot: 67 889 PED
Total Loot: 91 779 PED

...is a slap in the face of all longtime crafters. imho this whole EP thingy fucked it up completely for so many!

i find this video 1 click lol someone got lucky :)

Last edited:
Funny video, big gratz.....

Unsurprisingly i am with whitenut! Every click has the same chance.... Jealousy, pure and simple as it is, is still disgusting.

Rgds

Ace

Gz , i guess 1 click rly makes the difference :yup:

I want to congratulate the dude, and also tell him that he should spend the peds wisely since an ATH like this is very unlikely for him in the future :) Dont gamble this lucky hit away.

The difference is that there is, and has been for years, a clear bias towards newer players, or players returning after a long break, getting big loots. Obviously it doesn't happen all the time, and obviously it's not only those players getting the big loots, but it happens way more often than it would in a system where everyone has an equal chance.

I can understand why MA would think this is a good idea - though I also believe they are mistaken, as what this really does is reward inactivity - but what really angers me is that they've denied it in the past.

Grats to the guy on his loot though, fair play to him, it's not his fault that the system is skewed.

If it was old player like some one from WSS people would be moaning why do they always ATH. The bloke took a big gamble and paid off. So what if he is a year old old or not. It just shows anyone can be lucky on day. I wish it was me, but i dont gamble like. Like someone else mentioned dont waste buy throwing it back in crafting machine, withdraw or invest in some sort of buiness. As you did it on RT i bet henry will be upset ;).

Great video and huge congratulations to Wub!

:yay:

The difference is that there is, and has been for years, a clear bias towards newer players, or players returning after a long break, getting big loots. Obviously it doesn't happen all the time, and obviously it's not only those players getting the big loots, but it happens way more often than it would in a system where everyone has an equal chance.

I can understand why MA would think this is a good idea - though I also believe they are mistaken, as what this really does is reward inactivity - but what really angers me is that they've denied it in the past.

Grats to the guy on his loot though, fair play to him, it's not his fault that the system is skewed.

It's called confirmation bias.

Congratulations to him for the gamble but i can understand some posts that don't agree with this loot given out to a new player, this is a long way from the old days where skills used to matter.

ps. it's only possible because MA allowed it.

You guys keep calling it a 'gamble', but as far as we know from the video, this only took him 2 clicks! That's insane. Grats H4hhWolfe!!!!!

You guys keep calling it a 'gamble', but as far as we know from the video, this only took him 2 clicks! That's insane. Grats H4hhWolfe!!!!!

Still a gamble.

I would love to know the stats on that.

Graphs are great for showing trends, but I don't have the info!

Rgds

Ace

Rgds

Ace

MA favors new players only. Oh and returning players. Oh and the ubers. Oh and WSS. Oh and their golden boys like Taco. Oh and the LA owners. Oh and the....

Graphs? Pff.... It's right there in front of your eyes. :yup:

Edit: Forgot about whiners, people who run logs. And the swedes of course....

Rgds

Ace

There's some recent probability analysis on the subject in this thread, though unfortunately the analysis is based on somewhat anecdotal data.

What fully convinced me was the point when (going from memory here so I may be off on the details) something like 3 of the top 4 biggest ever loots on Atrox were hit by people who had very low recent activity, or who were brand new players, at a time when Atrox was the most popular mob in EU with hundreds of globals daily. The probability of that happening with a uniform distribution is astonishingly low.

It's probably most noticeable in mining, and I did intend a few years ago to do a proper analysis of the distribution of the big mining loots and the result they had on retention (e.g. how many of the people who got those loots were still active 6 months later) but I never got round to it.

What this does tell us is that skills have very little correlation to scoring big loots. This was a theory out there and I think that's debunked.

Back