IEN Channel NEEDS YOU! (Independent Entropia News)

IEN is my favorite channel :) great time to watch your videos!

Sorry I can't give a hand for the moment, because I have a new pleasent "headache" to take care for a while!
My new lil shop :laugh:

Hehe, no worries. Enjoy being a shop owner :)

Good vids, but the intro should be shorter imho. One full minute just to get into actual content... not so great.

GL :)

Good vids, but the intro should be shorter imho. One full minute just to get into actual content... not so great.

GL :)

OK, it's kind of stock for me right now, so I will have to look into how to make it shorter.

help

I, as you might have surmised from my return story which was featured on the 8th November edition, enjoy writing. If you ever need an interesting take on an otherwise mundane story or just help writing something up, I can be of service.

Regards,
Reynard Cunningfox

I, as you might have surmised from my return story which was featured on the 8th November edition, enjoy writing. If you ever need an interesting take on an otherwise mundane story or just help writing something up, I can be of service.

Regards,
Reynard Cunningfox

Dergin, I may well take you up on this offer! Are you open to doing vocal work too?

I like your broadcasts, but I agree that a one minute intro and 30 second end roll out of a six minute cast is too much. You really need a shorter punchier intro, maybe 5 to 10 seconds. Some suggestions and observations...

Covering the hofboards, I think you should stick to the five-figure hofs and above.

You could mention the latest landgrab results.

I'm not sure if it is an editorial decision thing, but there are some big stories that you haven't been covering, such as the Monria sale. It is not getting much discussion, but it is probably the most important thing happening in EU this week. It'll be sold tomorrow unless someone bids today. Also the last of the Equuses was sold, about a year after they were offered.

I don't know how you feel about controversy, like Star and others not being happy with the HM results. You might not want to cover that sort of thing. That is an editorial choice.

I really liked the link to the EP hof...that was entertaining. If you can find more links like that so people can hear you talk about something then go watch it happen, I think that's a big plus. When you talked about HM I don't know if you linked to your own run through the instance, but you should have.

Good luck in Champion's League.

I like your broadcasts, but I agree that a one minute intro and 30 second end roll out of a six minute cast is too much. You really need a shorter punchier intro, maybe 5 to 10 seconds. Some suggestions and observations...

Covering the hofboards, I think you should stick to the five-figure hofs and above.

You could mention the latest landgrab results.

I'm not sure if it is an editorial decision thing, but there are some big stories that you haven't been covering, such as the Monria sale. It is not getting much discussion, but it is probably the most important thing happening in EU this week. It'll be sold tomorrow unless someone bids today. Also the last of the Equuses was sold, about a year after they were offered.

I don't know how you feel about controversy, like Star and others not being happy with the HM results. You might not want to cover that sort of thing. That is an editorial choice.

I really liked the link to the EP hof...that was entertaining. If you can find more links like that so people can hear you talk about something then go watch it happen, I think that's a big plus. When you talked about HM I don't know if you linked to your own run through the instance, but you should have.

Good luck in Champion's League.

Hi Avon,

Thanks for your feedback.

I try to cover stories that are interesting, the last couple of weeks have been a struggle, and the two major events going on it's left the supply of other stories a little dry.

That said, I am always looking for active help in story generation, and for those that do, there will be recognition for their effort in the videos. I will be working on a more cut-down version of the intro, but finding the time is tough right now.

I didn't upload my Vamp run when I hof'd, because basically, most of the twitch feed I was microphone muted due to the late hour, so didn't feel it was interesting enough to upload. I love to link and include the footage of others, unfortunately, there isn't always the footage to obtain.

I did manage to get Animal Commander's Modified Angel video, so I will include that in the upcoming edition.

I don't want to stray into the controversial too much. I don't mind glancing sore subjects a little, but in all honesty, any time I have been a protester on an issue, I've found my experience to be somewhat degraded, take from that what you will.

My focus here, is to promote EU, not soil it, unfortunately, it often soils itself enough without my intervention. :/

Anyhow, I hope you can understand my position and the time constraints I have in providing this content to the community and as always, welcome helping hands.

P.S. I have an interesting new twist on the IEN coming hopefully soon.

Kind Regards,
{aB;}

The next edition is now available. Please accept my apologies in the delay, unfortunately real life keeps getting in the way currently!

I've reduced the length of the credits outro, however I've not had time to shrink the intro, it is on my job list to do though!

IEN - 15th November 2015

Last edited:
The next edition is now available. Please accept my apologies in the again delay, unfortunately real life is persisting at getting in the way!

IEN - 22nd November 2015

These are excellent, love many aspects of what you are doing here, especially the segments with you 'chatting from your own apartment' giving us Entropians the weeks low down.

I think you've already had feedback that the intro needs to be shorter - 40 seconds maximum please!
If you have extra footage, I'd suggest adding it to the end, you've already grabbed the attention of the viewer by then, and some people watching may have never even installed Entropia previously.

If you want controversy, you could invite a guest of the week to provide it - see above ;)

Other than that, more power to your elbow sir! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I think you've already had feedback that the intro needs to be shorter - 40 seconds maximum please!
If you have extra footage, I'd suggest adding it to the end, you've already grabbed the attention of the viewer by then, and some people watching may have never even installed Entropia previously.

Thanks for your feedback Mega, it's appreciated.

My problem at the moment is time, but I will be doing not only a new intro to IEN but an completely new into to the Blade of Akire channel too, but again, this is a time issue.

That said, next week, because of some other big news :D, I doubt I will be doing an IEN....

I'm getting married! :D

I hoped I would've had some recruits by this point in time, but unfortunately no-one has come forward and committed :D

Hey Akiran, when is IEN making a come back.

(Hope you had a good wedding day and honeymoon.)

Last edited:
Hey Akiran, when is IEN making a come back.

(Hope you had a good wedding day and honeymoon.)

Hi Dusk,

Thanks for your message.

I've been ultra busy with RL, and some other titles and generally having a particularly shit time for returns within EU, so I've not really been able to give the time, nor justify it, to making more episodes.

This situation may change in the future, but for the foreseeable, I won't be making anymore Entropia Universe videos.

This is not to say the IEN won't be back, I just don't know when I'm going to be able to get back to it.

Thanks to everyone who watched the news editions and the other EU content.

In the mean-time, if some willing participants want to put together recorded video stories, I'm sure I could do something with that, but at this time, there has been little interest.

Oh and btw, the day went very well thanks for asking. :)

All the best,
{aB;}

Reactions: San
(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AkiranBlade again.)

I understand, RL vs VL balance.

Glad you had a good day.

Congratulations on the wedding!

Of course real life comes first, and my apartment is always open for you if/when you decide to start up again. I always enjoyed watching your broadcasts. ;-)

:beerchug:

Gratz on the wedding, take care of RL first then get back here! I was just looking at the youtube channel this weekend, thought I missed the latest news vids, being busy myself in RL and saw none. Hopefully soon enough. :)

Congratulations on the wedding!

Of course real life comes first, and my apartment is always open for you if/when you decide to start up again. I always enjoyed watching your broadcasts. ;-)

:beerchug:
Agreed, I enjoyed it alot aswell! :)

I'm glad you were all enjoying them.

Hopefully they'll be back sooner rather than later. :)

Back