Entropia Revival Project - PED and You: Why New Players Should Avoid the Trade Terminal Whenever Possible

Most of this is out of anyone's control and is why I don't talk about it. I'm not here to whine about the price of sweat. I'm here to try and get a point across that if we buy higher, we keep people, which correlates to profit for traders.

You lost me here.
You want buy sweat at higher price without needing it, without demand and without consuming it.
Do you want to accumulate endless amount of sweat in your storage without any reason, without any use?
That's i understand, you are not in control and you don't care, you probably don't know for what could be used too?
You are interested to raise supply - to raise sweating activity because you pay well but you don't care what you will do with that sweat because nobody have control and nobody is allowed to promote sweat usage right?
If you don't want higher demand because it get more used or consumed then why you limit just on sweat.
You can pay new players for walking around too.

You lost me here.
You want buy sweat at higher price without needing it, without demand and without consuming it.
Do you want to accumulate endless amount of sweat in your storage without any reason, without any use?
That's i understand, you are not in control and you don't care, you probably don't know for what could be used too?
You are interested to raise supply - to raise sweating activity because you pay well but you don't care what you will do with that sweat because nobody have control and nobody is allowed to promote sweat usage right?
If you don't want higher demand because it get more used or consumed then why you limit just on sweat.

That is close to what Crone said, find someone you can appreciate and give him that 2 ped gun. Makes a lot more sense. Crone was always impressed by Dan.

You lost me here.

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding your thought. If I understand you correctly, you're asking whether I'm just buying sweat up for no reason, correct? and you're assuming I don't care about demand - just the price?

That's not what I said.

What I said was that I can't control what MindArk does. I would LOVE for demand to be increased. If it were I wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm just realistic in that I don't logically expect that to happen, and i don't expect a lone forum post to make an impact.

Yes, I am currently buying sweat and storing it. I'm not buying the sweat to have the sweat. I'm buying it to invest in the people I'm buying from. It's an artificial price increase to help new players.

Yeah, I could just give players 2 peds instead - but, really, if they aren't willing to work for it, why would I give my money away? I want to establish a business relationship with that individual.

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding your thought. If I understand you correctly, you're asking whether I'm just buying sweat up for no reason, correct? and you're assuming I don't care about demand - just the price?

That's not what I said.

What I said was that I can't control what MindArk does. I would LOVE for demand to be increased. If it were I wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm just realistic in that I don't logically expect that to happen, and i don't expect a lone forum post to make an impact.

Yes, I am currently buying sweat and storing it. I'm not buying the sweat to have the sweat. I'm buying it to invest in the people I'm buying from. It's an artificial price increase to help new players.

Yeah, I could just give players 2 peds instead - but, really, if they aren't willing to work for it, why would I give my money away? I want to establish a business relationship with that individual.

Seem like noble intentions.
But you will not be alone doing it.
And you will have concurrence.
There are several projects and societies already doing it.
Big Industries for example offer daily support with advices and free healing for sweaters and ofc buy sweat at higher price. Those players will be in future involved in other Big Industries events (hunting, mining and social events too)
Mentioned group as many others too is present on several planets organizing many events for newcomers too - like free hunt event with healing, ammo and weapons provided for free.
Maybe you should study programs and offers of such big organizations.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...amp-Programs&p=3329179&viewfull=1#post3329179
Sorry I got just them as easy to spot on this forum so I give a link, but they are not alone doing it.

With my first post I tried to warn you that raising sweat to 4 ped/k will not do miracles.
Take in consideration also fact that many players have several millions of sweat bottles in their storage on each planet waiting to be used.
Seem a lot? No. My storage on Calypso for example could be empty with just 6 Hussk events (yes 3 million of bottles)
But that as many other things do not work as we would wish.
So calculate it in your business model, sweat you will buy for 4 ped /k will not be sold so easy at higher then 1.8 - 2 ped/k

Good luck.

Big Industries for example offer daily support with advices and free healing for sweaters and ofc buy sweat at higher price. Those players will be in future involved in other Big Industries events (hunting, mining and social events too)
Mentioned group as many others too is present on several planets organizing many events for newcomers too - like free hunt event with healing, ammo and weapons provided for free.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...amp-Programs&p=3329179&viewfull=1#post3329179
Sorry I got just them as easy to spot on this forum so I give a link, but they are not alone doing it.

With my first post I tried to warn you that raising sweat to 4 ped/k will not do miracles.
Take in consideration also fact that many players have several millions of sweat bottles in their storage on each planet waiting to be used.
Seem a lot? No. My storage on Calypso for example could be empty with just 6 Hussk events (yes 3 million of bottles)
So calculate it in your business model, sweat you will buy for 4 ped /k will not be sold so easy at higher then 1.8 - 2 ped/k

Good luck.

Thank you for all of this information sir. Like everyone else here I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me about it. :tiphat:

Good luck.

Check my bootcamp mentoring signature to see how much I pay my disciples for their own sweated sweat...
4 ped.... cheapskates!

Check my bootcamp mentoring signature to see how much I pay my disciples for their own sweated sweat...
4 ped.... cheapskates!

Oh you feel I left you out?
Sorry I didn't mean to, but I mentioned that there are many others.
Well you could give some advices to OP from first hand no?

4 ped.... cheapskates!

:wtg: That's awesome. I applaud you.

Oh you feel I left you out?
Sorry I didn't mean to, but I mentioned that there are many others.
Well you could give some advices to OP from first hand no?

I believe in my number. I think it's a bump without making sweating capable of being a full time living - it's just enough to help the larger populace stay in game. That's what I want to happen and that's what I'm aiming for.

:D

But, really - anyone doing this and helping our player base thrive is awesome in my book.

But, really - anyone doing this and helping our player base thrive is awesome in my book.

It unfortunately doesnt. I've been buying sweat for 5 PED/1000 for years from new players, with disciple and society days where I paid 10PED/1000 randomly to soc members. I did this for a very long time, stopping only recently.

Why did I stop?

Because it does not help the greater scheme of things. It just creates a dependent relationship where folks who benefit from this become financially tied to their benefactor.

The economy still goes on as usual all around these people, but because this tiny segment gets a better deal, they refuse to interact with it. The burden then shifts to the benefactor to maintain these folks playstyle through their subsidy, with the expectation that the subsidy will continue.

Meanwhile the rest of the world continues to operate as if you dont exist.

I got bored of reading the same replies.....but.....this is a free economy. Supply demand drives prices....not the wish of one person.

YOu understand the idea of free economy? That is where you can set your own prices.

You might as well try to set the price of gold in real life....oh wait...you cant because someone will always undercut you. Same as sweat in game.

The ONLY thing you can do, is ask MA to make more uses for it, or to limit supply.

This is an economy tied to real life cash.....

What you are asking for is Price manipulation.......kind of reminds of the supermarkets in the UK that gone done for setting price of milk.

Rgds

Ace

I got bored of reading the same replies.....but.....this is a free economy. Supply demand drives prices....not the wish of one person.

You understand the idea of free economy? That is where you can set your own prices.

You might as well try to set the price of gold in real life....oh wait...you cant because someone will always undercut you. Same as sweat in game.

You can set them, but you won´t sell. As you said, the undercutters, but in real life, it´s different. You won´t have cows to kill if it´s not profitable. Here, they kill cows either way. And, imo, even if you raise your purchase price of sweat, you´re going to be the one losing out the most. Because if you even manage to raise sweat to 2.5 universally, 85%+ will sell for 2.3, and the process begins again.

And even if it´s tied to real life cash, remember it´s a perfect competition with people treating it as entertainment. :sweat:

And yes, it´s true that the more players who play, the more demand. But we already have an excess of supply, and therefore with more players, that excess will be bigger as the trend has demonstrated over the years. The result? An even lower MU. :(

Last edited:
It unfortunately doesnt. I've been buying sweat for 5 PED/1000 for years from new players, with disciple and society days where I paid 10PED/1000 randomly to soc members. I did this for a very long time, stopping only recently.

Why did I stop?

Because it does not help the greater scheme of things. It just creates a dependent relationship where folks who benefit from this become financially tied to their benefactor.

The economy still goes on as usual all around these people, but because this tiny segment gets a better deal, they refuse to interact with it. The burden then shifts to the benefactor to maintain these folks playstyle through their subsidy, with the expectation that the subsidy will continue.

Meanwhile the rest of the world continues to operate as if you dont exist.

That's why I don't want it to be just me. I don't want this to be a dependence thing. I would, more preferably, like traders to look at the longer term benefits of utilizing my idea, but I understand that this is asking a lot.

In reality, I recognize that this will have limited acceptance at first. I'm fine with that and have hedged my bets to ensure that I remain profitable.

YOu understand the idea of free economy? That is where you can set your own prices.

The ONLY thing you can do, is ask MA to make more uses for it, or to limit supply.

What you are asking for is Price manipulation.......kind of reminds of the supermarkets in the UK that gone done for setting price of milk.

Rgds

Ace

I understand the concept of a free market just fine - and this not market manipulation. Market manipulation is an attempt to misrepresent the necessity of a product so as to falsely increase it's costs through a false sense of demand. This is illegal in most free markets. I'm not misrepresenting the demand of sweat or anything about it. What I'm asking for is an initiative to put PEDs in the hands of younger players to help long term growth - I merely used sweat as a method to do that, to ensure that the people getting that PED are willing to work for it, making an investment a little less risky.

You can set them, but you won´t sell. As you said, the undercutters, but in real life, it´s different. You won´t have cows to kill if it´s not profitable. Here, they kill cows either way. And, imo, even if you raise your purchase price of sweat, you´re going to be the one losing out the most. Because if you even manage to raise sweat to 2.5 universally, 85%+ will sell for 2.3, and the process begins again.

And even if it´s tied to real life cash, remember it´s a perfect competition with people treating it as entertainment. :sweat:

And yes, it´s true that the more players who play, the more demand. But we already have an excess of supply, and therefore with more players, that excess will be bigger as the trend has demonstrated over the years. The result? An even lower MU. :(

I don't plan to sell the sweat, probably ever. I'll likely just convert it into mindforce, but that's besides the point. I'm not buying to resell. I'm buying to invest in the people that buy from me.

I also don't want to increase the player base to increase the demand of sweat. I want to increase the player base to increase overall trade volume which will offset the investment made into sweat through increased volume on identical or smaller margins.

I understand the concept of a free market just fine - and this not market manipulation. Market manipulation is an attempt to misrepresent the necessity of a product so as to falsely increase it's costs through a false sense of demand. This is illegal in most free markets. I'm not misrepresenting the demand of sweat or anything about it. What I'm asking for is an initiative to put PEDs in the hands of younger players to help long term growth - I merely used sweat as a method to do that, to ensure that the people getting that PED are willing to work for it, making an investment a little less risky.

You are trying to set a price that is higher than the current norm.....if that isn't market manipulation, i don't know what is. Doesn't matter if you have good intentions or not.

As others have said, decrease supply and demand will go up, or keep supply the same and increase demand, and price will go up, this is up to MA, not the player base in a FREE economy.

Rgds

Ace

You are trying to set a price that is higher than the current norm.....if that isn't market manipulation, i don't know what is. Doesn't matter if you have good intentions or not.

As others have said, decrease supply and demand will go up, or keep supply the same and increase demand, and price will go up, this is up to MA, not the player base in a FREE economy.

Rgds

Ace

I explained how it isn't market manipulation in the post you quoted.

Market manipulation hinges on misrepresentation, which I'm not doing. That's pretty much all there is to it. I'm not "manipulating" anything. What I am doing is increasing the intrinsic value of sweat - which in a free economy, happens all the time. Just take a look at diamonds (and if you're unfamiliar with that market situation, I would look it up. It's very interesting).

If you want to wait for MindArk to fix it, you go right ahead. I've been waiting since 2009 - and I'm done waiting.

Just take a look at diamonds (and if you're unfamiliar with that market situation, I would look it up. It's very interesting).

Diamonds are a classic case of market manipulation......

I am outta of here....

Have fun in PE

Rgds

Ace

Diamonds are a classic case of market manipulation......

I am outta of here....

Have fun in PE

Rgds

Ace

No it isn't.

Market Manipulation
Intrinsic Value

Now, I'm not saying that I can withhold supply, obviously. I just mention the diamond market to give you a good example of something that isn't market manipulation. Sure, the practice is underhanded - but "underhanded" and "market manipulation" are not synonyms. :wise:

What I am doing is increasing the intrinsic value of sweat by factoring the effect it has on player retention into it's value. Here's a good read on how this kind of practice is positively beneficial for business ROI, and here's a good read on why intrinsic value is important from the perspective of market analysis.

Also, to add to my point - if you think this is a free market you're fooling yourself. This is a centrally planned economy. Our market is controlled by MindArk - which is why, if we wanted to reduce supply or increase demand, MindArk would have to do that for us.

Therefore, the only way to change the value of an item without the help of our "government" would be to increase it's intrinsic value, and sweat is one of the few things that has the room to do that with.

Additional Source: I own a business and am the CIO of another.

You have fun out there too.

So... we are about 1 week down the road? How is this going for you at the moment?

Crone hangs out at Camp Icarus regularly lately and what do you know? Crone ran into someone from your society at the TP. Crone took note. Crone walked a bit forward, stood at the Gauntlet entrance and saw in local chat that your soc member is buying sweat. Crone immediately thought this guy must be buying at 4 ped/k. Crone was about to unload some sweat to this guy.

But what do you know... he bought sweat at 1.7 ped/k. So, the brutal guy Crone is, Crone asked if he knew their society leader buys at 4 ped/k. And ofcourse he does.

What did Crone learn today? Your kindness is being ripped off. Buying sweat at 4 ped from someone that paid 1.7 ped for it. Hillarious.

Well, point proven. Have fun.

Reactions: San
So... we are about 1 week down the road? How is this going for you at the moment?

Crone hangs out at Camp Icarus regularly lately and what do you know? Crone ran into someone from your society at the TP. Crone took note. Crone walked a bit forward, stood at the Gauntlet entrance and saw in local chat that your soc member is buying sweat. Crone immediately thought this guy must be buying at 4 ped/k. Crone was about to unload some sweat to this guy.

But what do you know... he bought sweat at 1.7 ped/k. So, the brutal guy Crone is, Crone asked if he knew their society leader buys at 4 ped/k. And ofcourse he does.

What did Crone learn today? Your kindness is being ripped off. Buying sweat at 4 ped from someone that paid 1.7 ped for it. Hillarious.

Well, point proven. Have fun.

It's one thing to have a debate with me about the effectiveness of player investment, it's another thing to just come by and attempt to nail me to a cross with a half-truth. I encourage my team to buy sweat at a price that they can buy it at. They aren't the ones investing in the change. They're being invested in - and I want them to make a living in EU. I'm helping them grow their character and business.

Listen, I get that you don't understand how what I'm doing works. That's fine. You don't have to. If you did, we wouldn't still be having this conversation - but there's no need to bash me or my society personally just because you think your opinion on how our economy works is somehow superior. If you're opinion is superior, prove it. I would happily get into the fine details of the numbers with you. I own a business; I do that for a living, all day.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this: out of the two of us, one of us is trying to make a change, and the other is satisfied letting the players of EU continue on the path they're going.

I am fully aware of every angle in which I could potentially be ripped off. I am fully aware that my society is buying sweat and reselling it. I am fully aware that there's a risk involved with what I'm doing. Most importantly, I'm aware of the fact that I have prevented several people from quitting the game; and good percentage of those have already become depositors.

Questions?

Yes: how many (new) players did your business (in game) scare off?

If Crone was blaming anyone, Crone would have named the buying person. Crone even told the person he has a sound business model. At this moment that is. This only proofs that your business would not work at a larger scale.

Earlier in this thread Crone said, if this works for you, great, if it allows you to buy sweat at 4 ped per kilo, perfect.

In this particular case you just created another sweat buyer that will logically, and correct in Crone's opinion, try to buy sweat at a lower price. So the many are receiving 1.7 ped per k compared to one happy guy who gets 4 ped per k.

Now the question is: how many (new) players did your business (in game) scare off?

Yes: how many (new) players did your business (in game) scare off?

If Crone was blaming anyone, Crone would have named the buying person. Crone even told the person he has a sound business model. At this moment that is. This only proofs that your business would not work at a larger scale.

Earlier in this thread Crone said, if this works for you, great, if it allows you to buy sweat at 4 ped per kilo, perfect.

In this particular case you just created another sweat buyer that will logically, and correct in Crone's opinion, try to buy sweat at a lower price. So the many are receiving 1.7 ped per k compared to one happy guy who gets 4 ped per k.

Now the question is: how many (new) players did your business (in game) scare off?

You are missing the point, a lot.

I was going to go back and quote several things, but a lot of what I want to quote is in messages that are a quarter page long, so I'll just repeat myself.

1.) My buying high doesn't limit itself to my society. I do that for everyone. Whether they're in the society or not, I do my best to buy high when I can and I obviously focus on new players.

2.) I am not trying to raise the price of sweat. I think that would be a nice bonus if everyone did it - but as one person pointed out, that won't happen. I am growing player retention through a personal investment, and encouraging others to do the same so that we can look towards the future by increasing volume. I presented my method of doing that. Do I want others to follow suit? Sure. But as yet another person pointed out, I can't make you do that either. Anyone who chooses not to do that can buy at industry average or, really, whatever they want to buy at. But, as traders, if you want to help the game in the long run, and help grow trade volume, my recommendation is that you buy higher. It'll help your profits in the long run.

3.) Those individuals buying in my society are buying at the industry average right now - which you said yourself is between 1.5 - 1.7 PED, and I think that's a correct analysis. They're growing their short term business, and so are you. I don't accept people into my society on the foundation that they have to buy high. I accept them into the society on the premise that I want to invest in them, and that I hope they stay and become depositors.

I am trying to raise player retention rates through my sweat campaign which in turn will result in greater overall volume.

And if you're going to say "yes, but your argument is that people buying at 1,7ped/k scares off new players" then yes, that hasn't changed. I still think that way. But I can't reasonably expect the players in my society (who are only a few weeks old) to begin buying at 4 ped. Several of them want to work up to it, and that's good - but some of them will never be able to afford to because they play for entertainment. The reality is that these people are now still in the game, where they weren't before and increasing volume and therefore demand - and that's the win I was looking for.

These are people buying at 1.7 - but these are also people increasing demand, and increasing the intrinsic value of sweat. And I will continue to create buyers in the market in this way and encourage others to do the same. As I do, the value of sweat will hopefully go up. That's all I can do.

Please, try and look at the long term.

I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall. :banghead:

According to you crone is missing the point, according to crone you are missing the question.

But let crone try to at least take that wall away, it is very unhealthy to bang your head against a wall. In crone's opinion you are only stalling the inevitable. The players that would leave, still leave, the players that would deposit still deposit. The only thing you are changing is timing. Those that would leave have a bit more fun at your expense. Those that would deposit will deposit but maybe a bit later. So in stead of helping our little universe, you are actually costing it a bit more money.

The player retention of a few days you are trying to finance, which you still didn't give actual numbers for, might be good for you. Which is great. But the universe is worse off. Do not get me wrong, if you found a niche that makes you more money, you should fully utilise that. Someone is always going to pay. They will have to find their own profitable niche. Which can very well be a credit card.

Eventually the deposits of new players have been delayed for those few and the costs for 'non depositors soon to leave players' went up.

So if you are trying to explain how you make money, please show Crone the math. If you think you actually are making our little universe a better place, the you now found your wall.

4ped/k is *feasable* but it's not something you can just wish and hope it happens. it all has to do with supply and demand. things like having sweat on mission galactica helps like .1%
or for one of the dailies on cyrene.
so if the demnad increases the price will easily go up.
the only way this will happen is if MA implements more useful missions etc where sweat is required..

sidenote:
I'd like to see more life on other planets than caly.
and the only way I see this happening is to give each planet it's own unique items/missions...
cyrene and ark are doing pretty good.
but the other planets I don't see any reason for visiting at all as they don't seem to have any cool unique missions/gear...
NI at least had the herb box... not anymore...
oh but it's got the cyclops mission... which imo puts NI at a higher value/use than monria/what's that other planet?... tabtab city..

Last edited:
According to you crone is missing the point, according to crone you are missing the question.

But let crone try to at least take that wall away, it is very unhealthy to bang your head against a wall. In crone's opinion you are only stalling the inevitable. The players that would leave, still leave, the players that would deposit still deposit. The only thing you are changing is timing. Those that would leave have a bit more fun at your expense. Those that would deposit will deposit but maybe a bit later. So in stead of helping our little universe, you are actually costing it a bit more money.

The player retention of a few days you are trying to finance, which you still didn't give actual numbers for, might be good for you. Which is great. But the universe is worse off. Do not get me wrong, if you found a niche that makes you more money, you should fully utilise that. Someone is always going to pay. They will have to find their own profitable niche. Which can very well be a credit card.

Eventually the deposits of new players have been delayed for those few and the costs for 'non depositors soon to leave players' went up.

So if you are trying to explain how you make money, please show Crone the math. If you think you actually are making our little universe a better place, the you now found your wall.

Ugh.:banghead:
I am not costing the universe money. And, since you want me to prove it, fine. I can't seem to convince you with logic so I'll convince you with raw math.

Basically, I'm using the stock value model to calculate the ROI that I need on my sweat purchases and therefore determine how much I can spend there.

That formula is (VAL1)/(1+R)^1 where VAL1 is the value paid out and R is the required ROI to meet that value.

If we extrapolate that formula out to...

((VAL1)/(1+R)^1)+((VAL2)/(1+R)^2).... I can figure out a constant point of return on investment. I can confirm this with the gordon growth model, (DPS1)/(R(n)-G) where DPS1 is my expected total value spent over one year, r is my return on investment and G is total increase in expenditure.

Successfully applying these formulas to the sweat market hinges on keeping expenditure growth at a steady rate while increasing my return. To do this, I set a fixed amount of planned spend on the sweat market each month, and utilize that as my investment fund. This investment is ultimately designed to drive return without driving expenditure growth by distributing spend evenly among those parties involved. I've calculated my spend to put a set amount of PED in the pocket of each person i invest in (and I'm not giving that number away, because, well, i'm not just going to dump my business model here) which I believe to be a number that will help players make purchases from other traders and encourage a desposit.

In order to mathematically prove that this will drive deposits "in theory", we would have to apply this to a probability density formula... and I'm not typing one of them out here. Just google it. This forum doesn't have the means to type out that kind of equation. Instead, I'll say this: Putting PEDs in pockets can be mathematically proven to increase the liklihood of a deposit. If you want to do the probability distribution formula so you can run a proof yourself I'll walk you through it in a PM.

That portion proves that my plan drives deposits - which pretty much disproves the notion that my project is costing MindArk money. Next, I will demonstrate how it can be positive for the player economy.

Having driven deposits, I can expect to turn over depositor rates similar to other freemium MMO's (because really, that's what we are) which is about 50% . I can also safely assume that the average depositor will spend about 500$ or so. You can request a PDF from mindark about this, which, if this all really still isn't enough to convince you, you can request and do the math to make sure I'm not inaccurate.

So, Let's do one more formula:
((AVR)*(TOT/2)) - (INV1*TOT) = INC

where AVR is a set $500, TOT is the total number of people I've invested in and INV1 is my "PED per person" number that, as I said above, I have figured out for myself.

Let's plug some numbers in on this one. For argument, say I invest in 50 people, and my PED investment number is 10PED.

((500*(50/2) - (10*100) = 12,500 - 1000 = $11,500 of new money that is now being used for trade in the game, moving product around and increasing trade volume.

At that point, it's up to me as a businessman to capture as much of that market as I can, and make sure that I maximize my ROI vs my investment. This is where the risk is, but, hey. This is a business. It has risks.

You can plug a wide variety of numbers into that, and you still win even at extremes.

Proven by the numbers. I haven't found a wall. I've found an opportunity.

*drops the mic*

4ped/k is *feasable* but it's not something you can just wish and hope it happens. it all has to do with supply and demand. things like having sweat on mission galactica helps like .1%
or for one of the dailies on cyrene.
so if the demnad increases the price will easily go up.
the only way this will happen is if MA implements more useful missions etc where sweat is required..

sidenote:
I'd like to see more life on other planets than caly.
and the only way I see this happening is to give each planet it's own unique items/missions...
cyrene and ark are doing pretty good.
but the other planets I don't see any reason for visiting at all as they don't seem to have any cool unique missions/gear...
NI at least had the herb box... not anymore...
oh but it's got the cyclops mission... which imo puts NI at a higher value/use than monria/what's that other planet?... tabtab city..

On Sweat: You're right. But, we've been waiting for that forever.

On planets:
I totally agree. This is the crux of the planet partners model sir. We're at their mercy.
I really hope we see some movement on the other planets too. I'm a calypso nationalist, but it's hard to be a nationalist when there's nobody to have friendly banter with about it. :laugh:

Crone has to admit you might have a point.

Crone's first ideas were: he is using formulas to valuate shares/stock based on dividend, which is weird. But Crone happens to have interesting contacts. One of them holds a degree in mathematics/economics and is currently studying something that has to do with games. So Crone kindly requested him to read you first and last post.

Apparently research has shown that players who play longer are more likely to become payers. So you are correct. As we both feel it is safe to assume a higher sweat price leads to more playing hours for a new player. However, this is most important in the first 10 hours of gameplay. Ofcourse, it does not end after 10 hours. So to a certain degree, a higher sweat price would mean:

1. new players stay longer
2. the likely hood of those players to be payers, increases
3. a player that made a first deposit usually makes a second

This is apparently proven by research about MMO games in general.

Crone is very sorry to say, you have a valid point. He does not like to not be right. :(

The extra income calculation is however based on assumption, but you already mentioned that in your post. According to this friend you would need more information from MindArk than they have given so far to actually calculate the ROI of those new players. Personally Crone thinks $500 is very high. Since the average play time is only a few months. But one of them might be someone who buys in for $ 100k. The new player wouldn't be the first. Unless MindArk is so kind to share the information, we will not know. The thread you linked only refers to PDFs about your personal deposits.

Crone tried to get some information off the annual accounts 2014 (which is more up his ally), unfortunately he couldn't find anything that could be linked to average deposits per player or number of players in general. It does tell the total amount of deposits and other sales. Obviously that's not enough information. Crone will see if he can get a hold on those researches. Mostlikely they have information about how much players are paying for a game as well.

Crone will try to think of a way to keep his disciples playing for more than 10 hours. Apparently, that is important. If Crone can do something, he will.

Crone has to admit you might have a point.

Crone's first ideas were: he is using formulas to valuate shares/stock based on dividend, which is weird. But Crone happens to have interesting contacts. One of them holds a degree in mathematics/economics and is currently studying something that has to do with games. So Crone kindly requested him to read you first and last post.

Apparently research has shown that players who play longer are more likely to become payers. So you are correct. As we both feel it is safe to assume a higher sweat price leads to more playing hours for a new player. However, this is most important in the first 10 hours of gameplay. Ofcourse, it does not end after 10 hours. So to a certain degree, a higher sweat price would mean:

1. new players stay longer
2. the likely hood of those players to be payers, increases
3. a player that made a first deposit usually makes a second

This is apparently proven by research about MMO games in general.

Crone is very sorry to say, you have a valid point. He does not like to not be right. :(

The extra income calculation is however based on assumption, but you already mentioned that in your post. According to this friend you would need more information from MindArk than they have given so far to actually calculate the ROI of those new players. Personally Crone thinks $500 is very high. Since the average play time is only a few months. But one of them might be someone who buys in for $ 100k. The new player wouldn't be the first. Unless MindArk is so kind to share the information, we will not know. The thread you linked only refers to PDFs about your personal deposits.

Crone tried to get some information off the annual accounts 2014 (which is more up his ally), unfortunately he couldn't find anything that could be linked to average deposits per player or number of players in general. It does tell the total amount of deposits and other sales. Obviously that's not enough information. Crone will see if he can get a hold on those researches. Mostlikely they have information about how much players are paying for a game as well.

Crone will try to think of a way to keep his disciples playing for more than 10 hours. Apparently, that is important. If Crone can do something, he will.

And I will do the same :D

I would love to get a hold of some of that information myself; and I fully intend (and am already starting) to keep records of certain information about my society members myself. In a year, I would be more than happy to share that information with the public so that we can all learn and grow from it :wtg:

To make a clarification - you're right, that first equation is a calculation for dividends; but, that's how I handle my sweat investment. I base what I can pay out to those who I have invested upon with a set amount based on my income - so although Sweat isn't a "stock" I treat it like one in game, albeit that distribution is a little bit more "at my discretion" and less of a fixed amount based on share volume.

And, you're absolutely right: the goal should be to focus on increasing each player's in game hours to increase the likelihood that they will deposit. I think I'm going to make a mention of that in my blog and i genuinely appreciate you wording it that way.

Thank you for a wonderful debate. That was a lot of fun. :laugh: and please, continue to point out anything in my posts that you see. Speaking with you about my plan has forced me to sit down and run numbers on a lot of things and check and evaluate myself, as a good conversation should. I get passionate, but I have a deep respect for your perspective and insight.

Edit: I also realize I borked that last equation.

I used two numbers for my total, one was 50 and one was 100. woops. But the principle still stands.

The game has changed massively from when I started but I can definitely confirm that a slightly higher sweat price it wouldn't have changed my mind. It was 4pec / bottle a couple of months before I started and falling just below 1.4pec / bottle in my first weeks. I'm still here because of the way the game played and yes after the first week of sweating (40+ hours) to get 40-50 ped I switched to depositing.

If I was starting now I'm not sure I would stick around, with the pressure to conform with certain ideals i.e. must be ECO or you have to use this gun not this other one because it's got 2 dps more or you should do this mission on Caly before this other one because you get x which is better than y on this Ark. How many times have we seen threads where the poster is asking which mob to kill next? I just couldn't play that way.

The real reason I stuck around was the community which has sadly become ever more fractured as we've gone along. A friend got me in to EU, then got me into a soc rose through the ranks made Colonel got demoted to Captain then promoted to Colonel again (still not sure why). If all we we're encouraged to do was grinding mobs solo for mission points I'd have left fairly quickly.

The game has changed massively from when I started but I can definitely confirm that a slightly higher sweat price it wouldn't have changed my mind. It was 4pec / bottle a couple of months before I started and falling just below 1.4pec / bottle in my first weeks. I'm still here because of the way the game played and yes after the first week of sweating (40+ hours) to get 40-50 ped I switched to depositing.

If I was starting now I'm not sure I would stick around, with the pressure to conform with certain ideals i.e. must be ECO or you have to use this gun not this other one because it's got 2 dps more or you should do this mission on Caly before this other one because you get x which is better than y on this Ark. How many times have we seen threads where the poster is asking which mob to kill next? I just couldn't play that way.

The real reason I stuck around was the community which has sadly become ever more fractured as we've gone along. A friend got me in to EU, then got me into a soc rose through the ranks made Colonel got demoted to Captain then promoted to Colonel again (still not sure why). If all we we're encouraged to do was grinding mobs solo for mission points I'd have left fairly quickly.

That's a good point, and I think a lot of the older players are like you.

EU used to be all about the community, and man wouldn't it be nice if it was again.
I guess from that perspective, I could say that I'm trying to bring down the overall cost to play which should help with people's concern over economy of weapon choice.

But, I mean - really, you're right. I wish we could get the community back to health.
But how do we do that in this day and age?

Not sure I should reply as it could take us way of thread but I'll try to keep it quick - to start I'd get rid of all grinding missions.

Not all people have the same motifs to continue. But overall, I feel confident that people will quickly get away from sweating, and into depositing. What they like is the game, if they don´t, they´re not going to keep sweating, and if they do, they won´t sweat for centuries to hunt for half an hour. If the sweat price is too low, noobies will quit really quickly. There´s no "motivation" or a simple goal to truly try out the game, and understand what it is, to choose to continue or not.

At this point however, noobies depend a lot on the influence of their mentors. And I would say, that compared to other mmos or games, the community here is astronomical, and the game keeps adapting (at it´s pace) as times move on, something many MMOs don´t, they´re stuck on the same dev team, the same graphics and everything, and only add new extensions to keep those depositors to be glued to their screens.

Discipleship also puts social and morality pressure on you. This mentor has taken time and possibly ped to put you on track. Are you going to leave it, or finish it for them if they deserve it? For me, it is probably the most decisive thing that kept me here. Probably for a lot more people. It makes a difference too, like sweat.

The beauty of this game is that it´s diverse and complex. Every other game is practically a different version of the same, and then you encounter this world, "sh**!" :eyecrazy:.

Then when you go back to the other games, the AH does not make sense anymore, and everything becomes too easy. What would be the point?

If people like the game, they like it, love or hate it at times, but preferred over other ones, for sure.

My 2pecs from a 1 year old player

I know I am not experienced enough to comment on this but I think as maybe others this thread has gone on long enough. If this guy wants to pay 4ped for sweat what damn difference does it make just let him do it and see if it works. If it works awesome if not it won't affect anyone else regardless. Now I wasn't here in the glory days but I'm sure a lot of old timers would agree that this game has just about become another damn grind mmo just look at the make up of the damn missions. I won't mention the other mmo we all know because I never could get into it but I know what made it successful. New content continously! I made the mistake of tping to Fort troy the other day and was stuck there for 2 f....ing hours this is their idea of changing things up. This is not anyones idea of fun. Even the ubers don't want to waste ped on these g...damn robots. Here's an idea how about new player content that makes new players feel like they are part of the game and not damn bottom feeders but hey its a RCE and just look at the world's economy...don't forget to flush. It seems like the people who run this game are just like the people who run our governments their way is better even if it fails. And why in the hell did players ask to change the loot system for fucksake that's what kept players in the game it's like telling a five year old there is no Santa Claus. That's what made it magical and unique now we just run around worrying about fucking tt returns this a fucking game not accounting. We should commend the man for at least making an attempt and stop ridicule just because we think we know better. Anyway I will keep deposit and playing if anything just to see where this plane finally crashes. Have a nice day.:wtg:

Back