cost of ammo

Cheana

I love this game and I don't mind paying I am planning on doing a 10 dollar a week deposit already done the first 10.

but as a new player I have to say the cost of ammo is just insane 10 ped for 200k ammo that only lasts couple hours of hunting and your lucky if you make half it back.

at 10 a week that only gives me about day maybe 2 of hunting not looking to get rich but would be nice if could at least break even or come close to it on ammo I just enjoy playing but at this cost I am thinking it might be better to just go to another game already costing almost 4 times as much as any other game on the market but can't play half as much.

I mean right now I am out of ammo don't get paid till tom so only leaves me walking around hoping can find fruit or poop which I have tried for hours slow walking all over treasure island and around port atlantis not seen single fruit. so that just leaves sweating which even at 2 ped per 1k would take me week just to get couple hours worth of hunting ammo.

how do they keep people playing only been playing about 2 weeks and already everyone I met when first started has already quit does it ever get better is there ever a point were you can hunt and break even?

if so at what point cause right now its just ammo that doesn't even count what is going to cost to get good set of starter armor let alone the 27 ped I need to get the next gun cause I am 9/10 of the tt starter one.

Add me Meloveyou Longtime Fivedolla and I will work with you to get you started and self sustaining.

The short answer is that you are limited to fruit and sweating if you aren't going to depo a hundred or so to get a good bankroll for the good starter things. To be self sustaining though, calypso is likely not a good place. Arkadia or rocktropia is best. Yea taco and hammer I said rt.. don't explode with amazement.

Rocktropia is a hard place for n00bs to live UNLESS you only stick with New Harlem and some of the other places with lower level mobs. Right now I'm 'living on' the Return of Income of 24 AUDs, 1 CLD, (and possibly one Compet deed if it ever starts returning any profit some decade from now?!?)... That gives me roughly 3-7 peds a week or so to 'live on'. What I'm personally doing with that is crafting Level I explosives that I'm then using in my UL Grenade Launcher NGL-1 on the Billy Bar Bar Fight mission... I do a few other things from time to time if I get bored with that or if I decide to deposit and do something else (I have an UL viper whip so do some puny taming from time to time among other things), but that barfight is primarily what I've been doing for the last 3-4 months....

I do about 3 of the bar fights a day as a minimum... and if decay on the gun or ammo runs out, no biggie, just wait til next roi payday (for aud that's tomorrow, for the cld that's on Sunday nights, no idea what it'll be on compet). If you do one little thing like this and focus on that one little thing you can survive.

I love the bar fight since trolls there are only something like 5 hp or less, and you have to kill about 4 rounds of them to get through it all. I can't remember exact number but it ends up being like 30 trolls or so to finish. You don't 'loot' each one individually, just the cash register at the end... so it ends up being somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 pecs of tt value spent and you get back 8-13 pecs of tt value back on average... 10 pecs for 30 or so kills worth of potential skill gains + crafting skill gains ain't bad even if it is slow process.

I used to grab oil at the arctic's oil rig, but it's dry these days and has a pack of low level wolves there. I think it went dry when the Kong server and server that used to be on Next Island that is now on RT went live.

Live within your means. Also remember, mobs on lower populated planets may possibly have higher markup loot since fewer hunters are there to find the stuff. :) (even if that loot Is hard to sell...)

Last edited:
Arkadia.....ohhh the tt planet.

I'm not knocking the planet, I really do love it but I just don't see how a low to mid level player can make it there. Now people can say how much they hate traders but the stonecold truth is that the Calypso traders are the only way I have managed to stay afloat in this game. Yeah you lose some markup and when I can sell direct or get more on AH I take advantage of that but standing around in Celeste Quarry spamming #arktrade just wasn't fun anymore. AND yes I do deposit but that is my business. Hell I have hoffed and globaled more on Ark than I ever did on Calypso but what difference does it make if I can't sell anything. But anyway I'm getting off topic and hunting is still in my opinion the cheapest and easiest profession to get in and I don't think ammo is that expensive just depends on what you shoot with it.

I'm not knocking the planet, I really do love it but I just don't see how a low to mid level player can make it there. Now people can say how much they hate traders but the stonecold truth is that the Calypso traders are the only way I have managed to stay afloat in this game. Yeah you lose some markup and when I can sell direct or get more on AH I take advantage of that but standing around in Celeste Quarry spamming #arktrade just wasn't fun anymore. AND yes I do deposit but that is my business. Hell I have hoffed and globaled more on Ark than I ever did on Calypso but what difference does it make if I can't sell anything. But anyway I'm getting off topic and hunting is still in my opinion the cheapest and easiest profession to get in and I don't think ammo is that expensive just depends on what you shoot with it.

Some day soon I will solve that problem...

Man I hope so fivedolla. I love the look and feel of Ark and for awhile was seriously considering making it my home planet. But for know I will just keep skilling at Caly but I will probably end up back there because I have a blast hunting and mining.

A mentor can help you get the most out of your 100 ped/week though advice on
- your choice of weapons
- which mobs to hunt
- habits to avoid.
- possible contacts for selling loot above TT value

plus when you complete the process, you get some nice armour.

You can survive on Calypso ofc - ROCKtropia - Arkadia (wished to be able to write Next Island here ;/).
Just been devoted and follow auctions and especially "orders"!!!!! Learn market and MU's!
The majority of fellow Entropians completely forget that!
Good MU orders can make a huge difference to your life ingame.

Nobody advices new players to not wear armor, not upgrade guns too fast, or how to play the first weeks without depositing thanks to the ammo rewards anymore?

Nobody advices new players to not wear armor, not upgrade guns too fast, or how to play the first weeks without depositing thanks to the ammo rewards anymore?

Sounds booring! I will suggest a MKV T5-6 with e-amp, 2600deluxe fap, Some Rutuba armor and go hit those atroxes:D

I started playing in the middle of August 2015. I bought the silver starter pack then and last week I bought ten strongboxes. (Just stating my experience, knowing then what I know now I'm not sure I would have made those purchases.) I've probably averaged 3 or more hours per day, mostly hunting. I've done some exploring and looking for fruit and a little mining. I've also sold 2k sweat and have another 2k I'm not sure what to do with (Sell or bribe Arkadian official?).

Most of my puny hunts have been naked swunts. Walk from mob to mob in case I find something on the ground. That also lets me heal naturally and saves my fap. When I die it's time to get up and move around (clean house, get the heart pumping, etc.) while healing naturally. This makes my ammo last longer and the sweat will sell later.

The TT Oxnyo isn't the most economical weapon for a beginner. You don't get maximum damage from it until you're level 4 or 5. If you're hunting punys, you need 3 or 4 shots but most of the last one is more damage than you need. The Rubio or Azuro are better weapons for new players. Less damage per shot, but less ammo also and less wasted last shot damage. The Rubios and Azuros drop from mobs, and could be free. I've had to pay 2ped for a .7tt Azuro on the AH (anything more is probably a waste of money).

If you're using pistols, my story isn't going to help you much ... I've only seen 2 pistols drop and one was a blp.

Part of the fun for me in this game is seeing how far my money can stretch and eventually (hopefully) make a profit.

And then when I get tired of the puny grind I'll grab my armor and Z12 Barbarella and go have fun with mobs too big for me and lots of bigger damage numbers. I also like the variety of loot bigger mobs drop, even though I have to collect them to get enough to sell (so I can buy more ammo!).

I know its off topic, but will go back to topic soon. I never realized Ark had this problem too. I have only been there once, but a lot people have rated and players has said how big the population is there. RT has had this problem for some time Narfi and Zal used be the traders then they stopped and its only been recently that Hammer has taken over as main trader, but he is not on 24 7. Did things change when the Exp Bp's came out? I noticed a lot less Ark guns in hof list now.

Anyway back to subject. Don't listen Mastermesh he obviously has know idea what his talking about. You have zombies that level 0 on tax free land at camp crunk, that count towards Iron mission. As well as the normal stuff the do drop shotguns and faps, not best in game, but still good for skills. Their zombie parts are more in demand due to recent drop of zombie bracelets bp. This is also can be said for city wolves in old harlem where you can get iron mission and kill points go toward their mission.

You have vixens that drop gears and a few other bits that are in demand, plus are sweatable if you swunt them. Same as other humanoids on RT, some little missions that are for phone or police missions. The haters are sweaters wet dream as they have high hp, but hit like computer geek. Also you can globel on them if your really lucky. If you ask in chat for hammers buy list you will see what items he will buy and what is tt food. Unfortunly he or his buyer is not on all the time. So its matter of waiting around.

Doc grey has weekly events that you can join other player killing dev spawns s kongs, motorhead god etc you might be lucky and be involved in ATH or might be really bad day. He has also held noob events on SI where the 3rd prize is the best. Recently a new player won it and I believe it AUD.

Also you have motorhead stadium where you can collect kegs 1/2 pec per keg and has MU of 200%.

Now I am not saying you will profit or RT is better than any other planet for new players. I just spend 90% of my playing time there and have learned a few things over the years. I am sure all planet have something to help new player ease into game.

I have noticed the exact same as OP, if you like to hunt and gain skills then EU will cost an enormous amount of money.

I have deposited hundreds that have all gone into hunting, breaking even is rare and I only make profit out of 1 of 20 hunts ranging over 1 to 3 hour each hunt.

50-70% TT return on ammo and decay invested is common. There is no self sustaining gameplay in hunting at all for a new player.

I am currently around 42k skills and every hunt is horrible even with maxed eco weapons around 2.880 dpp.

A player like myself who has 6-8 hour sessions simply will never have fun hunting in a game like this, maybe if I hunted twice a week I MIGHT break even but I would never make any real progress on skill gain.

TLDR Skills cost way to much to level for hunting and you lose to much.

Well, 2.880 is pretty terrible for anything. You are limited by low evade when you are new. Gotta get that up.

Well, 2.880 is pretty terrible for anything. You are limited by low evade when you are new. Gotta get that up.

This is the highest DPP possible for me right now at my skill level, I am able to hit 2.9 dpp but I end up paying more decay on the amp per run and lose more.

I am not losing ped on defensive costs at this point so evade wont help me at all. I have even done naked runs with no healing and still recieve 50-70% TT on anywhere from a 50 ped to a 300 ped run. I have broken even twice in one month, INb4 hunting wrong mobs because I switch from kerberos to foul to shinkiba to combibo and berycled, even if I global once or twice I can still have a negative run and I have killed over 800 fouls in a row with 0 globals. (The funny part is that even IF I made profit I would just dump ALL of it back into hunting and never withdrawl)

It would literally cost me thousdands of dollars to "hunt" in this game daily. Inb4 people tell me they break even constantly and never deposit. :eyecrazy: Even if I sold EVERY ITEM for MU I would not break even which is just sad, I sell every MU item that has an active market and still lose out lmao the games loot table is a joke fest right now, even high level top hunters in game are showing losses.

Last edited:
Just play smart, be eco, and hunt what suits you best for your purpose. At the end of the day, the day you want to quit (for good, if actually that day arrives), you can always chip out, and get part of your investment back. If it covers all the costs of what you spent (meaning you´ve lost ped, and not profitted), depends on how you played, and how well you managed your peds.

2.88 is not terrible. 2.64 is.

SO...explain how a low level player can hunt mobs his level for more than 2.88 dpp. Just because your sword is over 3 doesn't mean it is easy to get over 3 dpp.

People always say the cliche "anything under 3.00 dpp is bad"...well explain to us how a noob or a level 10 or 20 can achieve 3 dpp with a very small budget...I beg you.

The fact is that 90% of this game can't play at 3 dpp, period. Prove me wrong...you wont.

It should be possible to break even over the long term at 2.88 dpp so it is something else, not his dpp, that is to blame. Like maybe the fact that loot sucks, hitboxes suck, MA sucks, space sucks, PVP lag suck, regular lag sucks, playerbase sucks, auction activity sucks, mu sucks, mining sucks, EP IV sucks, x-employees and special friends stealing all the MM items and all the rare new item drops SUCKS. So start with those maybe. :D

Last edited:
Calypso is better to survive for new players because of massive playerbase compared to other Planets.
Just compare number of items on auctions for each Planet to get idea of scale of trading on each of them.
You will sell your loot/resources much easier and at better prices than anywhere else.

Find a good mentor and enjoy the game!

well least I am not the only one with this problem. I will try RT if I can catch a ride there once I get pay check going to try one more deposit if I can't make it a week on it then going to give up go back to planetside or one of the other games I use to play least my 15 month there lets me play as much as want without having to worrie if i kill this mob will it cause me to run out of ammo before end of week

Regardless of which planet you start on (or move to), playing in a RCE game like Entropia is substantially different to playing a subscription based game.
A large part of 'success' here is learning to play efficiently ('eco'); to play within whatever budget you set for yourself; and to manage your funds.
This appeals to some people as part of the challenge of the game, and can be financially rewarding if managed successfully.
Anyone with deep enough pockets can play without regard to those matters of course, but not all of us have such happy RL finances that we can ignore them completely.

Learning these skills can be done on any planet, providing there is some functioning economy that has not only supply but also demand.

As Teiwaz says above, the size of Calypso's economy makes this easier, particularly if you can sell your loots directly to other players.
Howeven if you sell your loot to a trader, as there are more traders here on Calypso it would be reasonable to assume there is more competition and so better prices.
Moving to a smaller planet is fine if you have already have a good understanding of the game's economy, and a network of friends/acquaintances/socmates etc helps a lot too.

When I started, I did much the same as Greybeard says above:
. unarmored sweat/kill
. walk everywhere in 3rd person view, watching for fruit/dung [and now stones]
. heal naturally back to full health between mobs

This bit I did differently:
. while waiting to heal naturally to full health after dying, I'd go and watch trade chat.
See who was buying, who was selling, what was being traded, what prices were being offered, researching any items I wasn't familiar with, reading tutorials and guides (even outdated ones can contain useful general information), looking for market niches that weren't being filled, and so on.
I've always played in Windowed mode, which makes it easier to AltTab out for a few minutes to do other things while remaining ingame.

A large part of 'success' here is learning to play efficiently ('eco'); to play within whatever budget you set for yourself; and to manage your funds.
This appeals to some people as part of the challenge of the game, and can be financially rewarding if managed successfully.

You forgot to mention that if you choose hunting as your main activity in game, you simply will not find profit. I have learned to play as eco as possible for my skill level and I lose ped every run with very few exceptions(1 of 20 runs nets a small proft of 4-20 ped LOL)

I can even global twice in a run and still have a really big loss, and this is on small runs anywhere from 50-300 PED ammo, I cannot imagine trying to grind my skills up at this cost only to get to higher level mobs and lose even more money per run LOL where is the insentive to play and build your character? All I see are reasons to never deposit again.

You people make it seem like if you figure out how to be "eco" that everything will become find and dandy, but you are all just lying or misunderstand the loot system for hunting. Everyone loves to allude to being eco but never share the so called "secrets"

The only secret I have discovered is that no matter how you hunt you lose ped, unless ofcourse you happen to play the game when leveling was 10x faster and cheaper AND had better loot drops, old players from that time have rose tinted vision to the current state of game. Keep in mind I have dropped over 600 dollars in game since JULY and I really tried to become "eco" only to find it was all a lie and I lose ped EVERY HUNTING RUN LOL

EDIT: I realize it may seem like I want to profit every hunting run which is not the case, I simply think no one is being honest about the current loot situation for hunting, you can become "eco" all you want but you still lose money, so how is that economical again??

Last edited:
The only secret I have discovered is that no matter how you hunt you lose ped, unless ofcourse you happen to play the game when leveling was 10x faster and cheaper AND had better loot drops

This sentence alone tells me that you will never profit. It has nothing to do with game mechanics, however. It's because of your attitude and temperament.

If you take the time to learn something from experienced and successful players, instead of bitterly repeating the same old myths that we've all heard over and over again, you might get somewhere.

But I don't think you will.

This sentence alone tells me that you will never profit. It has nothing to do with game mechanics, however. It's because of your attitude and temperament.

If you take the time to learn something from experienced and successful players, instead of bitterly repeating the same old myths that we've all heard over and over again, you might get somewhere.

Don't believe everything you're told.

Years ago I asked "if I reach level 100 and have an eco gun, have 250plus HP, and hunt without armor on only exarosaur (when they were the noob mob), will I profit? Assuming that I've maxed everything and using an eco gun, will grinding this mob yield profit?"

The response was divided, but the consensus was that this mob was "too low" and didn't yield enough MU to profit in the long run. BUT, if you hunted bigger mobs that had MU (esi's etc), then yes, you can profit in the long run...BUT, you might have a longer average of poor loot (more cost to kill with no MU items = loss). Basically, I was told, level up really high so you can hunt the uber mobs that drop all the nice stuff, and yes, you will start making money.

Now, is this true? Didn't Star (experienced and successful?) get on here complaining about constant losses these days? There was even a post some while back about someone using the Imp MKII saying he's never seen long term profit, only losses. What's true?

At the end of the day, you'll have several schools of thought, that you can, in the long run, profit in hunting "If you're smart...blah blah blah", no, you can never profit, its all a scam, yes/no, all depends on how nice MA is to special people, no, only 90% is reachable, if you track long enough (5years? 10? 100?).

At the end of the day, the simplest philosophy for me is, play what you can afford to lose, some days are better than most, and you'll be happy with this game. If you go beyond your means, you're in for a huge disappointment.

You did not give any advice like 90% of the posts that simply say "be eco"

What bitter myths have I been repeating?? I have been changing guns hunting style and hunting location as well as trying different professions, and again I lost ped 1 out of every 20 hunts, please explain how I am doing it wrong when I never go below 2.800 to 2.974 DPP?!

I notice your join date is 2006 back when things were a total joke compared to now. I dare you to try a new character and progress to 60k or 100k skills only from hunting, low to mid level hunting seems to be designed to make new players quit the game.

What was it, $10 a week? So we're looking at 400 ped/month budget.
Is this doable? Yes, it is. Takes some research or a good mentor but it's definitely doable.
I believe the important question here is, Will it be fun?
If learning how to get by on a small budget in itself has no entertainment value for u and if u going to play this like single-player game then better have no illusions, chances for this are close to zero.

On the other hand, there's no magical Fountain of Fun out there that lasts forever. It's either be a gamehopper forever or figure out how to have fun with the friends u have, inside the framework of whatever game u like best. It's an easy choice really ;)

What bitter myths have I been repeating??

As an example, this:

I notice your join date is 2006 back when things were a total joke compared to now. I dare you to try a new character and progress to 60k or 100k skills only from hunting, low to mid level hunting seems to be designed to make new players quit the game.

It is much easier to get the first 100k skills now than it was in 2006.

decided to give it another go deposited another 10 bought 50 ped of ammo went hunting.

fired off 40 ped in ammo plus what ever the total was on the looted ammo when was done had 100k of the 500k I bought left and a huge loot total of 11.57 ped of loot of which when checked its value on ah most of it had people with less then 100% markup seen some as low as 98% markup guess there hopeing for a buyout price.

so spend 40 earn 11.57 comes to a loss 28.43 ped and looking at the barely half level in ranged hit I got I could of spent that 40 ped on a chip and ended up with a lot more for my money what a freaking waste.

Back