How to get rid of non-tradeable items - an idea

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
MA introduced a lot of untradeable items lately, dropping from strongboxes, starterpacks, mission rewards, freebee from noob missions and whatever.

Now some of that items (I don´t speak about consumeables or uni ammo here), are useful at some point, but with increasing levels and better gear, some of it become obsolete for the owners.
Others are simply L, break at some point and can´t be used anymore (locking PED, that can´t TTed).

Now my idea to get rid of this items is the following:

Install an NPC or terminal, where untradeable items, could be converted into untradeable universal ammo.
That way unused items, that lock PEDs could be consumed (speak completely decayed).
Especially for the L items (f.e. Dominax Garter Light L - from starter pack), that can´t be used untill 0.00 PED TT value, could be consumed to zero!

For MA it does not make sense to lock PED on avatars, its better it could be lost (consumed) for MA, as locked PED are still liability for MA (existing PED ingame).

good idea +rep

If I use my money to buy ped in game, or items to use in game from webshop, or buy items in game from another player, I should be able to turn around and sell those items in auction or to another player or tt those items and withdraw the ped. Anything else is in this RCE is FUBAR!

GoNi;3419396 For MA it does not make sense.[/QUOTE said:
That's all you have to say.

Great great idea though!

Good idea... but... it might be better if...

so long as that tt/npc that collects the stuff isn't just handing out ammo, but also tt melee weapons for each type of melee. Yep, I'm suggesting melee items that are worth 1 pec in tt value, 5 pec in tt value, 10 pecs in tt value, and so on. They sure wouldn't do too much damage, but maybe one hp in damage or something, kinda similar to that fish gag gift a few years ago. Micro transactions of many different items below the pec tt level are all over this game, so something like this should be possible you'd think.

Along with this new addition, more mobs like the trolls on RT that have hp below 10 health on every planet... Give the sweaters something to hunt. Make em smaller health than the trolls... Do one mob type that has 1 hp, one that has 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... Sure loot won't be massive, but since there are so many things in game now worth so much less than a pec in value, it should be doable easily.

Give folks that don't, won't or cannot deposit every single month or week some way to last a few hours in game if you want to hook more folks in to playing regularly. It'll give them a reason to continue to skill between the months that they are not depositing (instead of going off and playing some other game, loosing interest in Entropia all together as many do now), and do so in a way that isn't as boring as afk sweating.

Don't think anyone will buy weapons with this low of a tt value? Give them a reason to. Sure, one click sword might not be a great idea, but something like a 1 ped bow that utilizes one pec arrows, or a blowgun that uses lower than pec value ammo, or something similar to a throwing star or throwing knives icon that utilizes sharpnel or something similar might be fun. What about a zero damage blowgun that shoots paralysis arrows that slows down the mob for a second or something? You have a bunch of buff possibilities in game now, utilize them in different ways.

Stuff like the low damage viper whip is hard to use on large hp mobs going solo and/or not hiring a fapper. Give those solo tamers a way to slow down the mob a few seconds... or alternatively give those low health solo sweaters/swunters a way to stop the incoming damage a few seconds, etc. Make the game a little less dangerous/boring for those just starting out or who are living off of the roi on auds that only pay out one pec per day per deed. Compet deeds will start paying out in another few months/years (decades?), so more and more of those type of things are coming in to play for more and more avatars as time goes by. Give those holding deeds a reason to keep logging in daily instead of just collecting the roi once a year and making a withdrawal. Level I explosives bp helped with this a little, but so much more could be done, especially for those that aren't crafters.

Last edited:
What about a zero damage blowgun that shoots paralysis arrows that slows down the mob for a second or something? You have a bunch of buff possibilities in game now, utilize them in different ways.
Hmm...this is an intriguing idea. I can see the potential for this, it would encourage "mixed hunting" between new players and more experienced ones, giving the newcomers a thrill to help in hunting bigger mobs they could never tackle alone. When they'd make a hit with their blowguns, it could slow down the mob for a short time. In a way, it reminds me of the old days when new players acted as runners for more experienced hunters, getting the mobs to chase them while the hunters shot at it.

Of course, the "runner & gunner" ploy wasn't very realistic, it makes a whole lot more sense for the mob to chase after whoever was hurting it the most...but illogical or not, it encouraged team-play long before team hunting was implemented.

How loot would get distributed is one consideration...as the poison darts wouldn't cause damage, maybe it would be up to the hunters to share a portion of the loot...hunters that took all the goods without paying would eventually have trouble finding helpers. The loot shared wouldn't need to be high, as long as the TT value of the blowguns & darts was affordable to the new players.

The experienced hunters wouldn't see any benefit to using the blowguns because the amount of time it would take to swap from a big gun to the blowgun would negate the amount that the mob was slowed down...so that would encourage this kind of new player/experienced player hunting interaction and give new players something fun and exciting to do.

Surely there would be wrinkles to iron out but it's a neat idea.

Hmm...this is an intriguing idea. I can see the potential for this, it would encourage "mixed hunting" between new players and more experienced ones, giving the newcomers a thrill to help in hunting bigger mobs they could never tackle alone. When they'd make a hit with their blowguns, it could slow down the mob for a short time. In a way, it reminds me of the old days when new players acted as runners for more experienced hunters, getting the mobs to chase them while the hunters shot at it.

Of course, the "runner & gunner" ploy wasn't very realistic, it makes a whole lot more sense for the mob to chase after whoever was hurting it the most...but illogical or not, it encouraged team-play long before team hunting was implemented.

How loot would get distributed is one consideration...as the poison darts wouldn't cause damage, maybe it would be up to the hunters to share a portion of the loot...hunters that took all the goods without paying would eventually have trouble finding helpers. The loot shared wouldn't need to be high, as long as the TT value of the blowguns & darts was affordable to the new players.

The experienced hunters wouldn't see any benefit to using the blowguns because the amount of time it would take to swap from a big gun to the blowgun would negate the amount that the mob was slowed down...so that would encourage this kind of new player/experienced player hunting interaction and give new players something fun and exciting to do.

Surely there would be wrinkles to iron out but it's a neat idea.

The healer loot could be repurposed as Support loot. Healers, Support and Blockers (add a shield which increases defence skills and protection + rages the mob to attack them however you can't attack back and each time your hit causes a 5 second cooldown proventing weapon changes)

Or just don't buy strongboxes and starter packs if you don't want the stuff that's in them...

What this type of suggestion is really asking for is a way to get rare stuff from strongboxes without any risk attached. And what happens then is that everything becomes worthless.

Or just don't buy strongboxes and starter packs if you don't want the stuff that's in them...

What this type of suggestion is really asking for is a way to get rare stuff from strongboxes without any risk attached. And what happens then is that everything becomes worthless.

Have you read my inital post ?

I have a broken Dominax Garter Light L - sitting in my storage, with 0.17 PED TT value, minimum condition reached.
I can´t TT a broken item, that is no longer useable. I paid, that 0.17 PED too, I want to use it, and dump that damn shit into TT!

I have a 10-Pulse Unit bought with starter pack. Yes its ok for starters.
Starters don´t stay starters, sooner or later they may get something that is way better than this 10-Pulse Unit, but can´t get rid of it. That is simply wrong !

What about that brush from starter pack, well mine is not broken yet, but sooner or later it will be broken, some pec left on it, and not TT able - another L item sitting in my storage that is broken and not tradeable.

Its just wrong concept MA is going with this untradeable stuff.
The part that is ok for me, NO player to player trade - but let us TT this things, or give us at least some Uni Ammo for it, that we can use down to zero!

And it is better for MA if this items can traded into Uni Ammo, as this Uni Ammo needs get used of. More decay, more money for MA!
Items sitting in storages that never get used, speak don´t generate decay are useless not only for the owner, its also useless for MA as this is liability that never ever will be eliminated out of the system.
Well ok there is a time it will be eliminated - Player stops playing, waits untill his account gets purged - all items transfered into PED and then withdraw it. That is surely not what MA wants, they don´t want to pay out quiters. MA wants players producing decay, wasting PED, making them profit with ingame activity.

All the money locked at accounts in stupid items, is less PED that could be lost by the owner.

Look at those insane strongbox buyers that now sit on don´t know what 10000 PED L rings.
Better give them 10k PED Uni Ammo, let them hunt and come back with only 9k PED :D

You get what I mean ?
90% return economy, MA lives from PED cycled not from PED sitting in storage!

Another thing about the rings.

Actually there is only the euip decay 1 pec for wearing clothes.
MA already announced that there will be decay on this rings in future, so be sure this will come.

Make the rings non refundable, same as the noob items you gather during tutorial and starter missions.
Then L rings could be used untill broken and then dumped into TT.

Same could be done with the items from starter pack, make not refundable, set minimum condition to 0%, and once it is used off, you can dump it into TT just to get rid off. This could be applied to the unlimited items aswell, in that case I would use off the 10-Pulse Unit from starter pack untill it is broken, and then dump it into TT.

If MA would do exactly this, I would be already very happy.

The system for it is already in place with the starter items from tutorial missions, so why not for items from starter pack, or items from strongboxes? Not tradeable, useable untill it breaks (should be 0%), and then just get rid off it at TT.

The idea with the Uni Ammo, for the remaining 3% condition limit we actually have on that items, would be even better.

I love the idea of trading in broken, limited items for universal ammo and/or for tt melee weapons.

Rgds

Ace

For MA it does not make sense to lock PED on avatars, its better it could be lost (consumed) for MA, as locked PED are still liability for MA (existing PED ingame).

I never thought of that in this way. But you are right, if i ever should terminate my account mindark have to pay me the tt of all untradeable items and the tt of those bonus loot pills that come with universal ammo.

Very good posting and i like the idea for an option to convert broken unwanted untradeable items into universal ammo.

Just saying it is better for MA to have peds stuck in L rings than to give out same amount of peds in universal ammo which can be used and turned into average of 9ped of loot.
If they are stuck in rings, then it will take a lot more peds to cycle to get them zero tt value (if ring decay shall ever be introduced).

Also it would blummet the price of all the UL rings. Why? I would buy 10k usd worth of boxes, turn all the unsellable stuff for universal ammo, sell all the UL rings and also sell all the tradeable pills. I would probably end up around 98 000 ped worth of universal ammo and 2k ped tt of different tradeable items i could probably sell for around 22k peds (pills and UL rings) . Some hardcore grinding and i have 88 200 peds of loot and all the stuff i can sell for profits. (so i turned 10k usd to 108 ped if everything went average). In my example or numbers are just theoretical, because it can happen you loot no UL rings in 10k usd worth of boxes, but you might loot 3-4 high end ones. Also amount of pills can vary. I looted 340 ped tt of Neurostim A pills with 1k usd worth of boxes (so 1k ped after markup, (tt+660 ped)) so in 100k it could be 3400 ped tt of Neurostim A pills... leading to tt+6600.

The fact that some of my peds are locked in the rings and ohter untradeable stuff made me NOT to buy any more boxes. If i knew i could get back all the TT if i wanted i would keep buying them and amount of UL rings on market would rise drastically.

So my conclusion, boxes are already very nice chance to get more for your money than you pay for, no reason to dumb it down and ruin the markup of those items.

If you can't even TT the stuff without getting any money back just to destroy it and stop it cluttering up storage, then yes, that's stupid. Everything should be at least destructible in this way. But being able to TT it and get the PED value back, or universal ammo instead, would imbalance things even more than they are now.

The fact that some of my peds are locked in the rings and ohter untradeable stuff made me NOT to buy any more boxes. If i knew i could get back all the TT if i wanted i would keep buying them and amount of UL rings on market would rise drastically.

So my conclusion, boxes are already very nice chance to get more for your money than you pay for, no reason to dumb it down and ruin the markup of those items.

The red marked:
So and that is good for MA ?

LOL, for MA it would be much better if you continue to buy boxes.

The green marked:
MA don´t care about MU, for MA it is much better if all is close to TT food, that reduces profits for players, that could be withdrawn.
Well even with low MU, there will be players that make some profit that could be withdrawn, but most players (who actually play), do that on a loss already.

About your math:
Your math is questionable. Do you really find the buyers for that much pills easyly?
What about the nontradeable pills, you still have to use it, as this can´t be converted into Uni ammo.
How long it would take you to cycle all the Uni Ammo you get from trading in unwanted rings, you know there comes already a lot Uni Ammo with the boxes, and rings traded in would result in even more Uni Ammo.
Can you cycle the ammo really that fast, than you would have to do it, when you apply your math onto your playstyle.
So maybe some could do that, using insane ammo burners, like ELM guns, but this guns are limited aswell.
The more players would join your style, the more tradeable pills would flood the markup, and it would be worth a lot less, same counts for uL rings.
If you really could keep on profiting over a serious period of time is very questionable, as the MU you could profit at the moment would fall down drastically very fast.

The red marked:
So and that is good for MA ?

LOL, for MA it would be much better if you continue to buy boxes.

The green marked:
MA don´t care about MU, for MA it is much better if all is close to TT food, that reduces profits for players, that could be withdrawn.
Well even with low MU, there will be players that make some profit that could be withdrawn, but most players (who actually play), do that on a loss already.

About your math:
Your math is questionable. Do you really find the buyers for that much pills easyly?
What about the nontradeable pills, you still have to use it, as this can´t be converted into Uni ammo.
How long it would take you to cycle all the Uni Ammo you get from trading in unwanted rings, you know there comes already a lot Uni Ammo with the boxes, and rings traded in would result in even more Uni Ammo.
Can you cycle the ammo really that fast, than you would have to do it, when you apply your math onto your playstyle.
So maybe some could do that, using insane ammo burners, like ELM guns, but this guns are limited aswell.
The more players would join your style, the more tradeable pills would flood the markup, and it would be worth a lot less, same counts for uL rings.
If you really could keep on profiting over a serious period of time is very questionable, as the MU you could profit at the moment would fall down drastically very fast.

In one case buying boxes can bring you in nice profits, in your proposed way there would be no reason to buy boxes anymore as you couldnt loot anything good from there (markup wise), it would be easier to just buy ammo with the money deposited.
If there is no markup on those items looted from boxes, then there is noone buying those boxes.

A simple NPC to dump this stuff in would be a good idea and some way to get rid of it is gonna be needed sooner or later,probably best just get it done now.
SSorage space is already a bit meager without adding to it.

Storage space was hardly an issue before, but with the number of idiotic stackables only increasing, it's becoming an issue...and I'm sure has an effect on server resources, and having a bunch of items that are useless and not tradeable or sellable only compounds the issue.

If you can't even TT the stuff without getting any money back just to destroy it and stop it cluttering up storage, then yes, that's stupid. Everything should be at least destructible in this way. But being able to TT it and get the PED value back, or universal ammo instead, would imbalance things even more than they are now.

I think broken items that can't be traded/TT'd should be able to be destroyed, and the remaining unusable TT value returned in shrapnel/Universal Ammo...

maybe they should make some (L) equipment like the portable terminals for doing that :dunno:

I think broken items that can't be traded/TT'd should be able to be destroyed, and the remaining unusable TT value returned in shrapnel/Universal Ammo..
Yes it would be great if these items could be turned into shrapnel, why not just use the refiner for that. Some safety measures, in case of unlimited items only those that can't be traded ought to be destroyable, otherwise accidents with expensive gear might happen as it did with the TT.

I posted a suggestion to that tune recently, the excess items would simply be an extension:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...on-for-shrapnel-conversion&highlight=shrapnel

I tried to TT several pills. Most of them gave a red pop-up that said I wouldn't get any refund for the item. I cancelled out and saved the pills because I MIGHT find a use for some of them later.

I tried to TT several pills. Most of them gave a red pop-up that said I wouldn't get any refund for the item. I cancelled out and saved the pills because I MIGHT find a use for some of them later.

Pills is consumable, this thread is not about turning consumables into PED, its about getting rid of broken, outdated or unwanted items, that are not tradeable nor TT able.

Its about things you buy at the start of your EU career with the starter pack, things you get from missions as reward, things that come with strongboxes.

This items, that you don´t use anymore, because you have something better now, or it is just used down to minimum condition and not repairable, like the whip and brush from starter pack.

Its about getting rid of that trash, you normally would dump into TT but you can´t.
Getting rid of it, because it blocks storage place and anoy you every time you see it in your storage.

Pills have to be consumed easy as that !
Uni Ammo has to be consumed !

So please don´t capture this thread because some pills is not tradeable, just use it !
Even if you don´t like the pills, now you have it. Find a activity where it makes sense to use them.
F.E. auto loot pills while hunting golems at cyrene, very very useful !

ROFL, you are not a crafter aren´t you.

Not primarily...but it hardly matters. Stackables are proliferating in this game no matter what your profession is.

Back