I like space pirates. We play well with them :)

Well done! :)
I do it the same way, make them waste ammo..which is pretty easy.

You can see on the video how he never missed a single shot.
Maybe submit to MA so they can analyze it

You can see on the video how he never missed a single shot.
Maybe submit to MA so they can analyze it
Auto target and auto use. Working as intended. PVP in EU is a no skill pay to win game.

Dung is averry nice loot for poor pirats :)

Auto target and auto use. Working as intended. PVP in EU is a no skill pay to win game.

I didn't think auto target and auto use works in a vehicle????

Rgds

Ace

I didn't think auto target and auto use works in a vehicle????

Rgds

Ace

Nope , you actually have to aim , and each missed shot still costs you decay in space , dont know about on the planet though. So space PVP isnt quite as easy / simple as some think ;)

Nope , you actually have to aim , and each missed shot still costs you decay in space , dont know about on the planet though. So space PVP isnt quite as easy / simple as some think ;)

Auto target works perfectly for me in space. Are you sure it's not working for you ?

Auto target works perfectly for me in space. Are you sure it's not working for you ?

hmm ok , will have to test , what were you shooting at when this worked for you ? ( apologies for straying off topic here )

Dung is too much profit for them, I always carry 1 nova frag and if there's more then one pirate they'll have to split :lolup:

I agree with you :)

We should not have the right to use the automatic target.
it's so easy.
I manage to put me behind him.
and his ship can shoot from behind.
that's why I did not defend in the space...

deux.jpg

un.jpg

hmm ok , will have to test , what were you shooting at when this worked for you ? ( apologies for straying off topic here )

I was shooting off a few shots at a pirate who attacked me. I have "next target" bound to TAB, so I just hit that and then auto use tool. Sit back, let the game do all the work, no skills required.

We should not have the right to use the automatic target.
it's so easy.
I manage to put me behind him.
and his ship can shoot from behind.
that's why I did not defend in the space...
Wait a second. If this also applies to the attacked, then chances are much better than we think. So far it is common perception that all chances are stacked towards the attacker for having you in front, and we keep ranting and raving against MA for making it so. Has nobody ever tried this to shoot back using auto target, maybe in reversed camera mode? I never bothered to even arm my ship because I consider it a pure waste, but if this worked I might actually try not being such easy game for them. Even though I travel empty at all times, anyway.

So much dung, you've been way too generous :cool: I used to carry exactly one unit of it in the beginning. Ashes to ashes, shit to shit, hehe. But nowadays I'm too lazy to pack it anymore.

I was shooting off a few shots at a pirate who attacked me. I have "next target" bound to TAB, so I just hit that and then auto use tool. Sit back, let the game do all the work, no skills required.

This doesn't work with space mobs (at least the one time i tried a few months back), so i had presumed it didn't work with other players either.

I could select a target, no worries, but it wouldnt orientate the ship to shoot on autouse.

Rgds

Ace

This doesn't work with space mobs (at least the one time i tried a few months back), so i had presumed it didn't work with other players either.

I could select a target, no worries, but it wouldnt orientate the ship to shoot on autouse.

Rgds

Ace

Your right m8 , none of this works in PVP space . You actually have to aim yourself . The autoaim wont aim the gun as its part of the ship, your not holding it. Unless you actually turn the ship using your mouse and have your x hair over the target you will miss , all your shots will just go wherever the ship is pointing and each shot still costs you in space.

These are mutually exclusive claims, with one side showing picture evidence. How now?

These are mutually exclusive claims, with one side showing picture evidence. How now?

Both pics have the directional arrows wrong. In the first pic, the pirate quad has done a right hand turn and is now pointing at the camera ish/ on a tight tunr, when the shot was fired, the other quad would have been marginally lower than he is in the pic, hence in the crosshairs of the quad. The thrusters are a give away as to which way each is moving. The target was lower and the pirate was turning to him, caught him in the cross hair. In the second pic you can see the pirate quad is almost exactly facing the point the other quad was (facing toward camera and up toward other quad) and certainly not facing to the right.
He is on a right hand curve following the gren arrow. Not the other way. His cross hair would have Been slightly ahead of his movement, hence landing the shot with no issues.

There is a certain amount of lag to take into consideration for such pics, as even though it may seem like the pirate is not 100% straight with you, it may be so on their screen. Those pics certainly do not show a quad facing the complete opposite way.

Also note from the ops pic that your cross hair can be off centre to the quads alignment, depending in the turn. It is the crosshair that needs to line up, not the quads nose.

Those pics look like perfectly normal shooting scenes.

(You can see all that clearly from the scene it's cut form in the movie too if you like :))

Last edited:
I see, thanks for clarifying. Lag immanent in my internet connection is another thing which kept me so far from even trying this, hence my noobishness here. (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alainax again.)

Now we still have conflicting claims of auto-targeting working in space vs. it not working, the positive one coming from a player I perceive as experienced.

Its not so much auto targeting as it is auto firing ( when in crosshairs). There is nothing in space that allows that (auto targeting) so If one is used it would be a 3rd party program. But what I can tell you is for an experienced spacer in pvp it is possible to miss very little or not at all. It's all a matter of timing and since most of those guys/girls spend all their time in space they have had the chance to refine those skills. Now using the map to boost speed is another matter entirely.

last time I managed to get back to calypso space station without getting killed.. repaired my vehicle and let me get killed again.. More ammo waster for the pirate.
Maybe you can also try to make it to one of the asteroids (foma/crystal palace) just before getting blown up.
The more they waste the better.

Remember:

The only good pirate is a dead/banned/quitting pirate.

Thank you for your comments.
Unfortunately, hackers are necessary for the economy between planets.
Next time I would a taxi;) especially that Troy should expect lol :mad:

Back