Land Plots II - The Land Grab

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
I think there may be a mistake in how people are viewing CLD. Folks seem to think (or are giving the impression) that each of the 60,000 CLD entitle them to a 1x1m piece of land on Eudoria.

Everywhere I have looked thus far this is not referenced. Instead a "Land Grab" has been referenced. This implies not an entitlement to receive per CLD, but an entitlement to bid.

Can anyone find text that actually states clearly that all CLD are worth 1x1m of land?

Otherwise I'll have to assume all are not, and that eventually this land grab will end, with many leftover CLD remaining unspent.

TBH, who cares & WHY
what extra does the plots provide you.. some extra storage room you'll have to go to to get your stuff & the exposure as being a spender..?
MA should really get their act together & think of what players need instead of what they are willing to pay for.

I think there may be a mistake in how people are viewing CLD. Folks seem to think (or are giving the impression) that each of the 60,000 CLD entitle them to a 1x1m piece of land on Eudoria.

Everywhere I have looked thus far this is not referenced. Instead a "Land Grab" has been referenced. This implies not an entitlement to receive per CLD, but an entitlement to bid.

Can anyone find text that actually states clearly that all CLD are worth 1x1m of land?

Otherwise I'll have to assume all are not, and that eventually this land grab will end, with many leftover CLD remaining unspent.

I remember that MA said that there will be sort of Land Grab and that we will be able to claim even in PVP area if we want.
That was a lot different way of claiming estate as we have now.
Also they explained how many CLD one need to have as minimum to claim an area for building but they didn't mention that we will be restricted to an sheme pattern like 20x20, 40x20, 40x40 and so on.
And first most they newer said that we will be restricted to claim it only on special area designed for it, those explanations they added once most CLD have been sold.

To my understanding, you have always needed 9 CLD.

even if someone can find where Mindark put out something about it previously, it won't matter because it never does. They always can and do change things any time they can to bring in more cash. Promises from Mindark cannot ever be trusted, and often are not actually 'promises' but potential ideas that will be changed later.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Calypso_Land_Deeds

even if someone can find where Mindark put out something about it previously, it won't matter because it never does. They always can and do change things any time they can to bring in more cash. Promises from Mindark cannot ever be trusted, and often are not actually 'promises' but potential ideas that will be changed later.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Calypso_Land_Deeds

Yes, thank you for link.
I found part I described in previous post.

Kim|MindArk 14 November 2011[edit]

There will only be PvP if you choose to enter the PvP enabled areas. It is your own choice whether you want to build your house in pvp or non pvp areas.

I'm pretty sure that as long their is CLD left to be used to claim land they will fill up with new settlements if all already released land estates are claimed.

"Land Lot Deed holders will have the opportunity to take part in a Calypso Citizenship land grab. Certain areas will be opened on Calypso where deed holders can stake out their land plots. This system development is scheduled to begin in 2012."

That's the part that concerns me. According to this statement there is no guarantee that even having 9 CLD will allow you to claim property. You are only allowed opportunity to participate in the grab. The key word is participate. Not succeed.

As memory serves me right MA stated that there would be 60,000 land areas. I remember this mostly since I was kind of hard on MA for stating this since, many know me, I was voicing the issues I saw with them trying to release such a system. But the key here as well was that MA stated that you could grab any land area AND if you had 9 land areas in a group you then would be able to build a house - as I stated then: build and not get a free house.

As many know the idea being, kind of cool really, would be that we could go out and claim key areas and then that CLD would be linked to that given spot that we then would be able to trade** to others trying to get a 9 CLD land area for a home.

Well that version never worked out and instead MA has release this new system where a 1x1 area does not equal a CLD. On top of that CLD are no longer even linked to the land areas.

At the end I really have no issue at all with the new system other than I will no longer be able to call a 1x1 area mine. That system was well in this game state impossible to implement.

** Of course it could have been that we had to be fast enough to get the 3x3 area and a 1x1 area woudln't be tradable.

Edit: but for those still in question here is the news release:

In total, sixty thousand (60,000) Land Lot deeds will be created, each representing a 100 square meter plot on Planet Calypso. Starting on November 8, 2011, batches of these deeds will be offered on the Entropia Universe auction. Each Land Lot deed will have a start-bid price and a buyout price of 1000 PEDs ($100 USD). The Land Lot deeds will be implemented as stackable items, and will be made available in single units, as well as in stacks of 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. Batches will continue to be offered on the auction until the entire sixty thousands deeds have been sold.

Each Land Lot deed entitles the holder to a share of the 50% planet partner Gross Revenue generated by Planet Calypso. Payouts of revenue share dividends to deed holders will be made once per week, as opposed to once per year or once per month for many other investments!"

The success and profitability of the planet will determine the revenue received as a land lot deed holder. If Calypso becomes more popular, the ROI will be higher; similarly, if the popularity of Calypso decreases, the ROI would also decrease. First revenue payouts are planned for the beginning of December 2011.

Once every six months, audited figures will be presented on MindArk’s homepage so that deed holders can verify their revenue share payouts.

Current land area deed holders on Calypso will be entitled to one free land lot deed. This does not include deeds for claim battle areas, houses, apartments, shops or sub-divided areas, only Outback Land Areas (OLAs). Treasure Island, FOMA, Crystal Palace and Medusa’s Head will receive one deed, issued to the main estate manager. Management of existing Outback Land Areas will remain unaffected.

Land Lot Deed holders will have the opportunity to take part in a Calypso Citizenship land grab. Certain areas will be opened on Calypso where deed holders can stake out their land plots. This system development is scheduled to begin in 2012.

Land Lot Deed holders will be able to build house(s) on the plot(s) they have staked out. (Minimum of 9 plots in a 3x3 format suitable for a structure). This system development is scheduled to begin in 2013.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2011/11/08/2907/index.xml

Last edited:
When I bought my 9 CLDs I thought I should be able to buy a plot, sadly I was to lazy to put
any extra thoughts to it, if I had it had probably been obvious that I shouldn't be able to buy
a plot that easy... :D
Why I thought 9 should be enough were due to this info from MA:

"Land Lot Deed holders will be able to build house(s) on the plot(s) they have staked out.
(Minimum of 9 plots in a 3x3 format suitable for a structure).
This system development is scheduled to begin in 2013."

So no more "investments" from my part... :silly2:

"Land Lot Deed holders will have the opportunity to take part in a Calypso Citizenship land grab. Certain areas will be opened on Calypso where deed holders can stake out their land plots. This system development is scheduled to begin in 2012."

That's the part that concerns me. According to this statement there is no guarantee that even having 9 CLD will allow you to claim property. You are only allowed opportunity to participate in the grab. The key word is participate. Not succeed.
Funny, I thought 2012 was the key word at one point in time, lol.

Funny, I thought 2012 was the key word at one point in time, lol.

The keyword on 2012 was system development. Not system deployment.

Which again suggests we read too much to our own advantage.

Anyone find anything that definitively says every CLD is worth exactly a certain sum of land?

Last edited:
If MA keep releasing a settlement or two every 3 months and they are bought up for the higher end of the CLD conversion price, then the process will involve about 30 settlements and about 2.5 years.

If people wait for the CLD cost to drop then MA would have to release more plots if they are aiming to allow all 60k deeds to be converted to (X).

As mentioned, MA may not let everyone with CLDs actually succeed in getting a plot.... and we don't know what we can build on the different plot sizes yet either, or what it will cost in tt/mu, nor the functions the buildings will have.

Currently each settlement in total also costs a total of approx. 36500 composite planks to claim. This is 36500 tt peds per settlement, so Calypso might expext to make about 50k dollars from 15 settlements or 100k if it goes all the way to 30 settlements.

There will almost certainly be further costs of the buildings - and could be this year's Christmas 'money grab'...

So, there you go... some of my thoughts shared before we find out more .... :)

I too remember them somewhere saying it was tied to a 1x1 or 10x10 meter square area of actual caly land...meaning each owner had a small parcel of actual virtual real estate.

This is done usually to satisfy the requirements of "owning land" in most jurisdictions. Examples include a 1 square foot of rain forest that can be purchased through various conservation groups, or a 1x1 piece of the moon, etc...

Nowhere in this facade of legal "ownership" does any true property rights exist. Sure you can go stand on it if you can find it, but that is about all you can do besides transfer its ownership.

IF MA did say that, they were just following the general laws for property rights.

It doesn't mean anything. It was pretext.

You technically have owned a small piece of land you can't do anything with since the day they were sold.

The Land Plots, however, grant you more comprehensive ownership rights of other property.

The tie-in of CLD's to the purchase of these new Land Plots, is also pretextual. You are buying a new piece of (someday) usable land with the amount of money lost when converting CLD to CLDX. It has nothing to do with the revenue sharing and the "sham" (in it's legal sense) consideration of a 1x1 plot that satisfied some legal requirement with the original distribution of CLD's.

Any expectation back in 2011 when we bought these are simply irrelevant, as all you bought was a right to income that was tied to a small piece of real virtual property that you can never in fact use. The cash grab that occurred back then only allowed you some residual income, and an opportunity to partake in the new cash grab.

This era is the second cash grab, and for all intents and purposes, it is clearly explained.

Nowhere in this facade of legal "ownership" does any true property rights exist. Sure you can go stand on it if you can find it, but that is about all you can do besides transfer its ownership.

Yes most understand this and well that's all I wanted..to stand on a hill and say it was 'mine' :)

BTW I did add a link to the source from which I was quoting from.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2011/11/08/2907/index.xml

Since we are talking legal here then what about in the above link were MA is trying to get us to buy more than one by stating that if you had 9 Land Areas group together you could own a home? Yes yes but you are the one bring up legal :)

Again I'm not really debating this issue since well MA had a while to think about all the ways they could do it and this was the best way that they could with the system in place and I kind of like the plot's they have released.

And for all: The key word here is 'released'. CLDs have become something so I give +Rep for MA on this one.

what ever they say today or post dont mean that what its going to be new day new promist

i wouldnt be suprise that to build a house on property that will cost you over 50k to 100k ped or more

i can see the new now house build ingame cost millions

Back