How to report a botter?

Asa Thorn

Society
Freelancer
asa asa thorn
Hello all,

a few days ago I went to RT for the first time ever to hunt some vixens. I noticed that several players there are using quite advanced bots to farm these mobs. These bots can read hitpoint bars (wont attack damaged mobs), switch weapons and move the avatar around. I want to report them, but it is difficult to prove they are botting. Has anyone got a good method?

I can record myself killstealing from them for prolonged times without any response, but I dont want to set myself up for a ban :(

Hello all,

a few days ago I went to RT for the first time ever to hunt some vixens. I noticed that several players there are using quite advanced bots to farm these mobs. These bots can read hitpoint bars (wont attack damaged mobs), switch weapons and move the avatar around. I want to report them, but it is difficult to prove they are botting. Has anyone got a good method?

I can record myself killstealing from them for prolonged times without any response, but I dont want to set myself up for a ban :(

Supportshooters for free sounds like a good deal :D:D:D

Hello all,

They are probably all owned by the same guy.
I saw this happen before and I did the same as you.
I tagged a mob before he hit it, and i made the mob run after me for 5 minutes... Even considered taking the mob into PVP but it was too far.
I never reported him but I have video of his "main avatar" doing it too.

Why bother.. you have 0.1% chance MA will act on it..
I know a lot of games that aren't RCE & ppl get banned when needed, here in EU, I know a lot of ppl that deserve a ban but never got one..

Even if you report them, MA will probably do nothing since it is almost impossible to gather any real evidence of anyone botting. We all have seen botters in game but we make that conclusion only because the avatar is acting way off normal behaviour. But you never know if it is really a bot or the person behind that player is just :shots: or :kos:

Anyway, if you are really sure it is a bot then I can give you a few suggestions on how to make them suffer :evilking:

1st - Drag a big mob in the area they are hunting. Even if they don't shoot it, it will most likely attack them at some point and kill them eventually.
2nd - Already mentioned kill stealing. But you should really be sure that the avatar is botting before doing it. Otherwise you could get a temp ban for sure.
3rd - Tag all the mobs in the area and drag them away.
4th - Kill all mobs in the area but don't loot them. Not really sure about this one but I think new mob can't spawn if previous one is not looted. Also this can be expensive if you don't loot them at all.
5th - Spawn vehicles on top of them, they will be able to target mobs but not shoot them.

Don't judge me :laugh:

Just file support case, explain how you discovered that it is very likely a bot.

MA can test it out much better than you as a player ever could do!

MA banned bot in the past, why shouldn´t they do it again.

Even if you report them, MA will probably do nothing since it is almost impossible to gather any real evidence of anyone botting. We all have seen botters in game but we make that conclusion only because the avatar is acting way off normal behaviour. But you never know if it is really a bot or the person behind that player is just :shots: or :kos:

Anyway, if you are really sure it is a bot then I can give you a few suggestions on how to make them suffer :evilking:

1st - Drag a big mob in the area they are hunting. Even if they don't shoot it, it will most likely attack them at some point and kill them eventually.
2nd - Already mentioned kill stealing. But you should really be sure that the avatar is botting before doing it. Otherwise you could get a temp ban for sure.
3rd - Tag all the mobs in the area and drag them away.
4th - Kill all mobs in the area but don't loot them. Not really sure about this one but I think new mob can't spawn if previous one is not looted. Also this can be expensive if you don't loot them at all.
5th - Spawn vehicles on top of them, they will be able to target mobs but not shoot them.

Don't judge me :laugh:
nr 1,3 & 5 could get you banned.. even faster then a bot as it's easier to prove..

Just file support case, explain how you discovered that it is very likely a bot.

MA can test it out much better than you as a player ever could do!

MA banned bot in the past, why shouldn´t they do it again.

MONEY MONEY MONEY, looks so funny.. in a rich mans world

MONEY MONEY MONEY, looks so funny.. in a rich mans world

Very likely to break even on Vixens long run wise, good MU to find there.
Not much skills needed to kill that with high TT uL Sib gun.
Why is this botter using bot, because it makes him profit!
Selling all skills above the level he needs for gun + selling high MU loots dropping from Vixen.

This make profit for the player what means loss for MA - I am sure they will ban him, if he makes profit with his bot :)

Hello all,

I guess you could try to open up a trade with him or private chat? Or even just try talking to them?

As I understand it catching a botter isnt that hard from a developer point of view, atleast thats what I was told from other mmos and their admins.

Piece of cake. Say "buying vixen gears 10000%" in local chat and all non-bots will trample you :cool:

+Rep on that one..yes that there would be the best answer to finding a bot or not! :)

MA once cared about bots much more but they changed their policy (and defense tactics too, prolly) years ago.
Nowadays u have to make a video that clearly proves it's a bot if u want to be certain they will take action.

This is nothing new,

I will use an expression a friend of mine used a day we made a video recording there.

"Chinese prisoners" :laugh:

They don't talk, they don't act as a normal person and only grind Vixens 24/7

MA has banned lots of botters in the past (some even this year), so just make vid and report them. I am sure MA would be more than happy to close them down (as it is free money for MA also from the stuff on their accounts).

Actually MA does do stuff about botting. A good video is priceless...so figure out how to record and go follow the guy, if there is enough there to spot easily, I am sure MA will look into it further.

In the meantime, use him to your advantage when hunting, and try to make funny commentary in the vid so it is more fun to watch when I see it on youtube. The Benny Hill one someone did a while back made me laugh for days. Try doing a "honey Badger" version! :D

There are bots in the AH too. They do raise the bid before even the human player to close his bid window. And as there is a bug with such fast outbids (you don't take your PED back until you wait for several minutes or reload; the HUD shows the PED as they should be, but the PED card says another), players with limited funds are actually prevented from bidding.

There are bots in the AH too. They do raise the bid before even the human player to close his bid window. And as there is a bug with such fast outbids (you don't take your PED back until you wait for several minutes or reload; the HUD shows the PED as they should be, but the PED card says another), players with limited funds are actually prevented from bidding.

Not a bot, auction orders, they automatically update.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
Not a bot, auction orders, the automatically update.

Rgds

Ace

yea lol i thought the same, the orders can be fricking anyoing so now and then though :D

Why the hell would MA care about bots automatically gambling? Just think about it, they are running software to lose money non-stop, why the hell would MA want to stop this? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Why the hell would MA care about bots automatically gambling? Just think about it, they are running software to lose money non-stop, why the hell would MA want to stop this? :scratch2:

We can't define their policy for them.

Better to report and see, a bot is a bot and a company who doesn't enforce their rules has no rules.

First, I guess that the people who are running bots know what they are doing. Either, they have done the maths in the beforehand (extreme case was the hunterz in tortunia who were hunting 24/7 with modfaps and imk2) or a simpler example they are doing free activities (sweating, dodge/evade skilling).

Secondly, if a game starts to be taken over by botters after a while it won't be a MMORPG anymore, but a programming contest; and occasional new players who drop in and just meet people that behaves like bots in an apparent way won't stay long ("boooring").

If you have 2 hours/day beween work and bed you want to spend in an active way, you don't want to find yourself competed out by avatars that are active 24/7 and manage that by bending the rules.

Back